Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After (43600 Views)

Scissors Pulled From Man's Stomach 18 Years After Surgery / First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa / Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by plaetton: 12:51am On Jan 19, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
I believed Dr Agbalaka as soon ask saw his results on Frank Olize's NewsLine.

He never came second, his exam scripts were almost perfect, if not perfect. He is a pure genius.

If he believed what he has done was enough, why did he come out to ask for help?

He needed financial support but he got a ban.

Oh gosh.
Who cares what you believed

We are talking about science, public health, ethics and the law.

Which part of that don't you understand?
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:52am On Jan 19, 2015
plaetton:

I was o top of that story from beginning to end.
Big laugh.
If he had patent for his formulation, kindly give me the patent number.
Also, if he had a patent, the why hasn't he either sold it for billions to a multinational drug company or gotten them to sponsor clinical trials of his formulation ?
Pls apply common sense here.

All the government asked was for him to stop selling the concoction till further scientific testing and trials were done.
Simple.
I keep asking, why do we Nigerians demand an exception to everything?
He said he applied for the patent of the discovery and was granted on July 22, 1999.
http://www.punchng.com/news/court-lifts-ban-on-abalakas-hiv-vaccines

So you think in sixteen years, the judge did not check the patent? Na wa for you.
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:54am On Jan 19, 2015
plaetton:

Oh gosh.
Who cares what you believed

We are talking about science, public health, ethics and the law.

Which part of that don't you understand?
You were talking about those who believe in his claims. I explained why. He is a pure genius.

Do you think you know more about Medical Ethics than a man who finished as the best graduating Medical student of Ahmadu Bello University and made distinctions in his advanced courses?
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by plaetton: 12:56am On Jan 19, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
He made a breakthrough he believed in. You expect him to throw his report away? As I said it is people like you that allow things like this happen.

Note, we are talking of a former best graduating student of a med school as popular as Ahmadu Bello.

There is no way he would not continue if the government refused to support him.

No one gives a fxx whether he came first or last in his class.
That is not issue.
Every panadol or caugh medicine you have ever tsken in your life went through clinical trials.
That is all that matters in this issue.
And no one gives a fxxx whether the inventor scored first or last in their class.
I am tired of this irrational sentimental nonsense.
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by Nobody: 12:57am On Jan 19, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
He disclosed that various agencies of federal government, including its hospitals, had purchased the vaccines from him and applied them on their own patients who had HIV and many were cured.

Please, what does curative vaccine involve, is it not taken serums from infected bodies.

Read the articles and stop talking long story.

I showed you a doctor in Marcelle have been given money to do this research. What else do you want?

Support his research and not ban it. Haba.
Why didn't the federal agencies come forward to testify to his claim and the process if it is really ethical and qualified for what it is meant to address? It must follow rules:

1) What are the names of federal agencies and condition of their facilities like, the process and methodology used to validate the tests of the vaccine?

2) Presentation of documented information of the individuals claimed to be having HIV/AIDS health and reports from labs and who carried out their HIV/AIDS test.

3) Who are those who the vaccine have helped to regain their immune system and what is their health background before now.

4) How many rigorous clinical tests has he carried out and from which lab?

5) Does the vaccine work for all kinds of HIV cases?

6) What is his qualifications in the area of virology and immunology?

7) Why do the court has to legalize the vaccine without hearing from the scientific community? That is the saddest part of it.

8.) Under what best practice can he guarantee that his vaccine is not having any thing beyond therapeutic effects on those administered the vaccine. And many more.

Not until he can provide irrefutable evidence there is no jurisdiction that should grant him the right to produce such vaccine and use it on Nigerians without providing information on the adverse effect.

I can only support him if he has shown us the reason to do so not what the court is doing. We have seen how he has peddled falsehood about his claim of curing AIDS in the past only to see that he was lying.
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:58am On Jan 19, 2015
adconline:
Nigerians manufacturing stupidity since 1000BC! How many clinical trials have been conducted with this "drug"? How many peer-reviewed researches have been carried out with this "drug"
Court is not the best place to get approval while there are other agencies like NAFDAC, NMA etc.
How can he conduct clinical trials if held banned from using it.
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by Nobody: 1:00am On Jan 19, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
He said he applied for the patent of the discovery and was granted on July 22, 1999.

So you think in sixteen years, the judge did not check the patent? Na wa for you.
Nigerian system is very corrupt and completely non-trustworthy.
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 19, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
This is not something meant to be joked with. This is a global problem!
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by plaetton: 1:01am On Jan 19, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
You were talking about those who believe in his claims. I explained why. He is a pure genius.

Do you think you know more about Medical Ethics than a man who finished as the best graduating Medical student of Ahmadu Bello University and made distinctions in his advanced courses?

Oh gosh agsin!

Well , I have not done the clearly illegal, immoral and unethical practice of hawking non- clinically tested formulation on ignorant and desperate sick people for 70k.
Where were his professional ethics then?
He behaved like a typical Nigerian fraudster, not a trained and experienced medical practitioner.
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:01am On Jan 19, 2015
all4naija:
Why didn't the federal agencies come forward to testify to his claim and the process if it is really ethical and qualified for what it is meant to address? It must follow rules:

1) What are the names of federal agencies and condition of their facilities like, the process and methodology used to validate the tests of the vaccine?

2) Presentation of documented information of the individuals claimed to be having HIV/AIDS health and reports from lab who carried their HIV/AIDS test.

3) Who are those who the vaccine have helped to regain their immune system and what is their health background before now.

4) How many rigorous clinical tests has he carried out and from which lab?

5) Does the vaccine work for all kinds of HIV cases?

6) What is his qualifications in the area of virology and immunology?

7) Why do the court has to legalize the vaccine without hearing from the scientific community? That is the saddest part of it.

8.) Under what best practice can he guarantee that his vaccine is not having any thing beyond therapeutic effects on those administered the vaccine. And many more.

Not until he can provide irrefutable evidence there is no jurisdiction that should grant him the right to produce such vaccine and use it on Nigerians without providing information on the adverse effect.

I can only support him if he has shown us the reason to do so not what the court is doing. We have seen how he has peddled falsehood about his claim of curing AIDS in the past only to see that he was lying.
You can dig all the case files if you want. There are enough documents to calm your Inquisition.

Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by plaetton: 1:05am On Jan 19, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:

I repeat for the third time.
He was banned from selling it.
He could've conducted clinical trials since then.
He could have partnered with local or foreign pharmaceutical companies since then?

What about his patient list?
He could re evaluate them now to see how many are alive and virus free.
couldn't he have done that over the past 16 yrs?
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:07am On Jan 19, 2015
plaetton:

Oh gosh agsin!

Well , I have not done the clearly illegal, immoral and unethical practice of hawking non- clinically tested formulation on ignorant and desperate sick people for 70k.
Where were his professional ethics then?
He behaved like a typical Nigerian fraudster, not a trained and experienced medical practitioner.
He believes his treatment. Charging people money for his treatment is the only way he can move foreword.

I repeat, ZMapp cost $22 million. Where will Dr Agbalaka see this kind of money to conduct free trials and testing?

We should be pushing the government to support our geniuses, not tear their effort to make a change.
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by Nobody: 1:08am On Jan 19, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
If Vaccine can not cure, explain the meaning of curative vaccine.

NIH administers $4.8 million to study 'curative' rabies vaccine

Sep 01, 2011
By Rachael Zimlich
http://veterinarynews.dvm360.com/nih-administers-48-million-study-curative-rabies-vaccine
You are very funny! What is curative vaccine in the first case? You are very fond of using terms differently from what it is meant for. Even the link you posted is a study into that particular vaccine and nothing has come out of it since then. I can't wrap my head around why you have to go against the lay-down rules by the scientific community that knows a tad more than you and I arguing here. We are talking about public health here.
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by pazienza(m): 1:09am On Jan 19, 2015
Nigerians and their PHD ( Pull Him Down) syndrome .

Dr Abalaka is too brilliant to be speculating on things he isnt sure of. I believed in him right from the start. Just like that Uni Ben professor that came up with a similar breakthrough but was stifled.

Too many conspiracies involved with HIV saga.

1 Like

Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 19, 2015
pazienza:
Nigerians and their PHD ( Pull Him Down) syndrome .

Dr Abalaka is too brilliant to be speculating on things he isnt sure of. I believed in him right from the start. Just like that Uni Ben professor that came up with a similar breakthrough but was stifled.

Too many conspiracies involved with HIV saga.

He speculated in the past! Have you forgotten?
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by gbodimowo(m): 1:10am On Jan 19, 2015
spikesC:
The Nigerian populace has always been against innovative development. The idea of "if a white man couldn't do it, then we can't and should never even think about it" has plagued the country.

And they ask, why are we not a manufacturing country cool
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:11am On Jan 19, 2015
plaetton:

I repeat for the third time.
He was banned from selling it.
He could've conducted clinical trials since then.
He could have partnered with local or foreign pharmaceutical companies since then?

What about his patient list?
He could re evaluate them now to see how many are alive and virus free.
couldn't he have done that over the past 16 yrs?

Abalaka, an Abuja based medical practitioner, had challenged NAFDAC for banning him from using the vaccines

He was banned from using it. Not just selling.
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:14am On Jan 19, 2015
all4naija:
You are very funny! What is curative vaccine in the first case? You are very fond of using terms differently from what it is meant for. Even the link you posted is a study into that particular vaccine and nothing has come out of it since then. I can't wrap my head around why you have to go against the lay-down rules by the science community that knows a tad more than you and I arguing here. We are talking about public health here.

You are the funny one here. Let me help you.

Curative means ability to cure especially a disease. A curative vaccine is a vaccine that has the ability to cure, especially a disease.

So can a vaccine have the ability to cure? Yes.
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by Nobody: 1:14am On Jan 19, 2015
I have read most of your links and it is funny how the blinded court is ignoring ethics on public health and giving order to legalize something that is not even well tested. It doesn't work that way. He has been looking for other bodies to join him in further testing and finding yet the vaccine is already legalized by the court. What a way to go in that nation?

1 Like

Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:17am On Jan 19, 2015
all4naija:
I have read most of your links and it is funny how the blinded court is ignoring ethics on public health and giving order to legalize something that is not even well tested. It doesn't work that way. He has been looking for other bodies to join him in further testing and finding yet the vaccine is already legalized by the court. What a way to go in that nation?
You do not know more about ethics than the judge on the case. Who polices bodies like Nafdac?
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by Nobody: 1:17am On Jan 19, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:

You are the funny one here. Let me help you.

Curative means ability to cure especially a disease. A curative vaccine is a vaccine that has the ability to cure, especially a disease.

So can a vaccine have the ability to cure? Yes.
Just like that!Zero! Zip! You see how you are blinding yourself to the reality of things. There is no curative vaccine in existence. It is only a study! Take it or leave it!
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by pazienza(m): 1:18am On Jan 19, 2015
all4naija:
He speculated in the past! Have you forgotten?

See them! PHD holders.

Abalaka matches on, you lots only succeeded in delaying him, but he won't be denied.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by Nobody: 1:19am On Jan 19, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
You do not know more about ethics than the judge on the case. Who polices bodies like Nafdac?
When has court become proponent of medical ethics? Not until you can prove it then you are just a mere rabble-rouser!
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by plaetton: 1:19am On Jan 19, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:

Abalaka, an Abuja based medical practitioner, had challenged NAFDAC for banning him from using the vaccines

He was banned from using it. Not just selling.

My friend, pls apply common sense.
Selling it is the same as using it.

Secondly, do you know the meaning of vaccines?
Pls google it.
A vaccine is used to prevent a disease or infection, not to cure a diseased condition.

The only way you know that a vaccine is effective is by a large scientific testing spanning 2 yrs or more.
Stop arguing on silly sentiments.
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by plaetton: 1:21am On Jan 19, 2015
all4naija:
Just like that!Zero! Zip! You see how you are blinding yourself to the reality of things. There is no curative vaccine in existence. It is only a study! Take it or leave it!

Just imagine the kind people we are wasting time arguing with. He doesn't even know what a vaccine is.

2 Likes

Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by Nobody: 1:22am On Jan 19, 2015
pazienza:

See them! PHD holders.

Abalaka matches on, you lots only succeeded in delaying him, but he won't be denied.
Only to the ignorance I don't want him to succeed. And, it will mean trivializing of the nation's scientific community by the outside world. I have my doubt this will turn out to be what he claims.
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:24am On Jan 19, 2015
all4naija:
You are funny.

You can say no approved Curative Vaccine but do not say there is no curative vaccine in existence.
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:26am On Jan 19, 2015
plaetton:

My friend, pls apply common sense.
Selling it is the same as using it.

Secondly, do you know the meaning of vaccines?
Pls google it.
A vaccine is used to prevent a disease or infection, not to cure a diseased condition.

The only way you know that a vaccine is effective is by a large scientific testing spanning 2 yrs or more.
Stop arguing on silly sentiments.
Are you saying all drug users are drug sellers? Use and sell is totally different. Should I give you their meaning?
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:30am On Jan 19, 2015
plaetton:

Just imagine the kind people we are wasting time arguing with. He doesn't even know what a vaccine is.
Are you saying a curative vaccine is not a vaccine? Yes or no.
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by Nobody: 1:31am On Jan 19, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
You are funny. Explain what the ZMapp serum is?

You can say no approved Curative Vaccine but do not say there is no curative vaccine in existence.

Please research ZMapp.
Bwahaha... ZMAPP is never a cure but a vaccine meant to boost the immune system against the Ebola virus. Not because they say American doctors have be cured means it cured them but it helps them to boost their immune system to fight the virus and regain their health to function normally. Even there were cases of those who used ZMAPP and still died!

You are the one who needs to research on it not me.
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by Nobody: 1:32am On Jan 19, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
Are you saying a curative vaccine is not a vaccine? Yes or no.
He is laughing at you for your limited knowledge and ignorance!
Re: Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:37am On Jan 19, 2015
all4naija:
Bwahaha... ZMAPP is never a cure but a vaccine meant to boost the immune system against the Ebola virus. Not because they say American doctors have be cured means it cured them but it helps them to boost their immune system to fight the virus and regain their health to function normally.

You are the one who needs to research on it not me.
Who said ZMapp is cure? It is a system of extracting antibodies. It is still on clinical trials. It has shown promising results.

Most pharmaceutical drugs went through clinical trials and were later declared cure.

So is a Curative vaccine a vaccine? I am waiting for the answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) / Anambra Women Ministry Clears Nkpor Express of Mentally Challenged Persons (Pix) / Swiss Man Left In Intensive Care After Suffering Lung Injury From Masturbating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.