Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,632 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

PDP Presidential Campaign:rented Crowd Attacks Party Chieftain Over Mobilization - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Presidential Campaign:rented Crowd Attacks Party Chieftain Over Mobilization (738 Views)

Rented Crowd Protesting At PDP Secretariat In Benin / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Borno / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Sokoto, As Jonathan Visits Sultan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Presidential Campaign:rented Crowd Attacks Party Chieftain Over Mobilization by helinues: 9:56am On Jan 19, 2015
A notable chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ebonyi State (names withheld) narrowly escaped being lynched last Friday.
DAILY POST gathered that no fewer than 500 irate persons who were hired to add to the crowd at the party’s presidential campaign rally in the state besieged him over non-payment of their entitlements.
Trouble started when the politician could not settle the young men after they had reportedly delivered at the rally which witnessed a mammoth crowd of party supporters who came to cheer the party’s presidential candidate, President Goodluck Jonathan and other party leaders that came to the state for the rally.
It took the quick intervention of some policemen at the Abakaliki Township stadium for the politician to be freed from the hands of the hired young men and women.
DAILY POST gathered that he, however, wrote an undertaking to settle them before Thursday next week when the money he was expecting would have arrived.
One of the youth leaders, Igwe Nwafor told newsmen that the politician in question had promised to settle them immediate after the rally having only given them a mobilisation money which was used to convey them from different local government areas to the stadium.
“We are, therefore, surprised that after the rally, he started telling stories. He’s lucky some policemen came to rescue him, otherwise, our plan is to also confiscate his cars until he pays the money.
“We are however releasing him based on the undertaking that he will pay the money not later than Thursday next week. If he fails, then he will see our bad side,” Nwafor noted.
When contacted, the PDP chieftain who is also an International businessman declined comment, noting however that it was a minor issue within the PDP family which would soon be resolved.

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2015/01/18/pdp-presidential-campaign-rented-crowd-attacks-party-chieftain-mobilization-funds/?wt=2
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign:rented Crowd Attacks Party Chieftain Over Mobilization by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 19, 2015

Stop disturbing Us with Politics.

As for My land,
No Vex, It's My Right as a Nigerian.

Re: PDP Presidential Campaign:rented Crowd Attacks Party Chieftain Over Mobilization by midolian(m): 10:00am On Jan 19, 2015
Wind don blow, fowl yansh na free show
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign:rented Crowd Attacks Party Chieftain Over Mobilization by omenka(m): 10:05am On Jan 19, 2015
Lmao.

When we say "Same people, different location", they think we're just trying to mock them. Now look at this!!

What a disgrace.
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign:rented Crowd Attacks Party Chieftain Over Mobilization by Kenai: 10:12am On Jan 19, 2015
I smell lies.
Even the story reeks of fabricated tripe.

Who has "Igwe Nwafor" as a name to begin with? I can boldly tell you that "Igwe" is never used as a first name anywhere in SE, and I stand bold to say this story was probably concocted by a desperate northerner who cooked up a fake stock name (from watching Nollywood films) to help give his watery story more depth, just like I could cook up a name like "Ademola Olugbenga" if I wanted to write trash and make it appear legitimate.

I'd take this lame story with a pinch of iodine-deficient salt.

1 Like

Re: PDP Presidential Campaign:rented Crowd Attacks Party Chieftain Over Mobilization by Nexxy007: 10:20am On Jan 19, 2015
we know their their tactics........ nobody will crucify them for renting crowd but how can u fail to honour agreement and expect us to vote for u?
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign:rented Crowd Attacks Party Chieftain Over Mobilization by baybeeboi: 10:39am On Jan 19, 2015
can APC come up with something convincing?

(1) (Reply)

Doctors’ Strike: Bayelsa Records High Number Of Deaths / The Aisuwaju Of Corruption Of Africa! / INEC Declares PDP Reps Candidate Winner 19 Days To Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.