Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport (37902 Views)

37 Nigerians Deported From Italy Arrive Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Air Peace Tyre Deflates On Take-Off At Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Fire Outbreak At Murtala Muhammed International Airport MMIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 6:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
crixlight2:
Front page tins.... just dey look dem... Yeye people... vote GMB cool cool cool

Love you all
we hate u
Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by twerkjack: 6:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
tdayof:
angry
UR SIGANTURE IS AMAZING
Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by IGBOSON1: 6:59pm On Jan 19, 2015
segzybam:

I thought my brothers from the east said aunt dough had turned this airport into world class airport o. Now we can see where she squeezed her bullet-proof money out from.

^^^Looking at those pics, can you advice on what 'aunt dough' should have done before her tenure as minister of aviation was cut short prematurely?

Cheers! smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by IGBOSON1: 7:03pm On Jan 19, 2015
akulaxx:
The dirty culture of Nigerians is to be blame for the filthy nature of the toilets, can somebody tell me what a plastic kettle is doing in a public toilet?

^^^@Bolded: Not 100% sure undecided.....but i'm guessing it's what the Muslims use for washing their dic'k and balls after taking a dump!

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by tdayof(m): 7:05pm On Jan 19, 2015
twerkjack:
UR SIGANTURE IS AMAZING
thanks! kiss
Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by dabossman(m): 7:40pm On Jan 19, 2015
Billyonaire:
Let me assume you are using a smartphone; Then proceed to the GooglePlay and type; 'Nigeria's Constitution'. Find time to read the constitutional responsibilities of the President. It will do you some good, and please advise Dele Momodu to download and read too.

I understand your problem. You think this is about GEJ. Sorry, but I am talking about responsible leadership no matter who is in the saddle. The role of a President is a managerial one, and that includes managing people and resources. He appoints ministers who oversee parastatals. If they are not functional, then he should do the needful. There is no manager who is put under pressure by his boss who will not transfer it to his subordinates. You need to get a lesson in management bruv.

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by popson1st: 7:45pm On Jan 19, 2015
AutosBay:
It is well, you are complaining now, because a certain political party will give you a mouth watering position, I'm weeping for Nigeria, you see Not that Nigeria can not be like the advanced countries of this world, but I really feel we ourselves are the major disaster of our problems.

Exactly what's on my mind. God bless you. Dele Momodu has forgotten that corrupt people patronize him by giving Ovation Magazine the fame.

ALL politicians, YES I MEAN ALL OF THEM, are the same.

Dele Momodu should just shut his stinking mouth and go sleep on BRT lane.

My 1 cent.

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by dabossman(m): 8:21pm On Jan 19, 2015
phantom23:
@Dabossman,
You have taken everything out of context here.
The current state of that airport didn't magically appear out of the blues under GEJ admin. It's been on a steady decline since the mid 90's and Dele Momodu has not challenged any other president on this... Why now?
Also people are appointed to oversee minor things like these because the office of a president is a busy one.

All this analogy of yours about leaving one company to another....what are you on about?

It's simply a management issue. The guy I quoted claims the problem is because the minister was changed. My question is will any minister remain there forever? Will you as a CEO let your company collapse simply because one manager left?

This is not about President Jonathan, but about leadership and building legacies that last. The renovation exercise is a landmark achievement for this government. Now it is being rubbished for lack of maintenance. Should that not bother the President who signed of billions for its execution?

Our leaders need to go a step beyond just building infrastructure but also ensuring that a culture of maintenance is established. We all know maintenance is our problem. Why don't we address it?

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by dabossman(m): 8:35pm On Jan 19, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Looking at those pics, can you advice on what 'aunt dough' should have done before her tenure as minister of aviation was cut short prematurely?

Cheers! smiley

In this country, a minister's tenure is usually short and often at the whim of the President who appoints them. This is why the vision for the ministry must come from the Presidency. That way the vision can be passed on to the next person who takes over. This is what I've been trying to explain to some folks here. The minister of agriculture has been steady and has done a good job so far. Would it be nice for someone else to come and undo his good work? Princess Stella also tried while she was there. Should the new minister now undo her work under the President's watch? The vision must be clear. A world class airport at all times. Any minister or permanent sec who fails to ensure that must go. Then they'll know the President means business.

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by EndtimeBlessing: 8:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
While not making excuse for Mr.President, I honestly think we need to deconstruct our system of government.
Maintenance of roads, airports and some other public utilities should be on auto run and should be happening either there is a president or not.

2 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 19, 2015
EndtimeBlessing:
While not making excuse for Mr.President, I honestly think we need to deconstruct our system of government.
Maintenance of roads, airports and some other public utilities should be on auto run and should be happening either there is a president or not.
God will bless you for this post!
Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by simdam500(m): 10:01pm On Jan 19, 2015
Oh too bad... what is our aviation sector doing about this

too bad

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by berryworld: 11:17pm On Jan 19, 2015
Pls y don't dis goodluck of a president steps down and allow someone competent 2 rule dis country.he has 6yrs already and notin 2 show 4 it.I really wonda y african leaders r so selfish.wat a shameless country like nigeria
Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Jay20(m): 12:02am On Jan 20, 2015
Its so amazing how we in this country blame everything on the government.I mean are there no specific agencies in the airport that are suppose too manage these facilities?..what's the role of NCAA and FAAN in d airport then if we even blame goverment for untidy airport. The average nigerian is lawless and nonchalant about public infrastructures so what do you expect. Imagine someone saying the government should be blamed for untidy toilet..haba maigida!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by oseo1(m): 12:26am On Jan 20, 2015
The same pictures were posted last year sometime, dead news.

2 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by lyntiffany(f): 12:38am On Jan 20, 2015
AutosBay:
It is well, you are complaining now, because a certain political party will give you a mouth watering position, I'm weeping for Nigeria, you see Not that Nigeria can not be like the advanced countries of this world, but I really feel we ourselves are the major disaster of our problems.
your absolutely right I always have this slogan" for a better Nigeria in future the change begins with you and I" that's all I can say.

2 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by stunna2(m): 5:03am On Jan 20, 2015
I was there again last August and was not impressed much with the Renovations!
I had to wait and wait for some kind of electric vehicle to take us the short ride to where the Buses take you to the where you can get a ride to the city and when I complained, someone interjected that that there were lots of them and when I asked like how many...he boasted "12"!!

I then fainted!!

The main Airport of a Nation of 170 million people had 12 electric Go karts (that takes less than 5persons per trip!) to ferry Plane loads of people out of the airport and the only other choice is allow the Thugs - looking and acting like hungry sharks - to 'help take' your luggages to the buses?!

Nigeria is not a very serious Nation and its people basically do not know or understand how the rest of the world is or actually work...
It is an attempt to help escape the utter Chaos that propels the out-going President to buy more and more Presidential Jets to help him get out of the country as often as he can find excuses to do so.

2 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by MRLANNISTER(m): 7:13am On Jan 20, 2015
AutosBay:

So that is why the airport is in great disrepair?

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by iblaw: 7:28am On Jan 20, 2015
I WAS AT DOHA AND DUBAI AIRPORT LATE LAST YEAR WHEN I RETURNED TO MMIA, FELT LIKE CRYING cry

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by tomzman: 8:40am On Jan 20, 2015
This is bad! And d other day, one fool was listing the renovation of MMIA as one of GEJ's achievements. We Nigerians are the ones hindering our progress but by God's grace change is on the way.

Febuhari 14 is it!

2 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 20, 2015
RicKyRichards:

Hehe...maybe hair isn't a virtue; but it is beauty. Congratulations on making them even more envious now...lol
Oh really?! Good. Cos I would've been sad for the cooking oil.
Lol show respect for NL girls, they will not jealous the back of some random girls head...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Passengers Die In Accident On Warri-Ughelli Expressway In Delta. Graphic Pics / The Myth About Nigerians Washing Dead Bodies In The US / West African Countries Hate Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.