Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport (37860 Views)

37 Nigerians Deported From Italy Arrive Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Air Peace Tyre Deflates On Take-Off At Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Fire Outbreak At Murtala Muhammed International Airport MMIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Chiefpriest1(m): 2:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nice one
Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
S M H undecided
Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by condralbede(m): 2:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
Good....He will do dt after d election.
Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by WhoDeyThere(m): 2:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
This election really shows how dirty politics can be in Nigeria. APC n PDP... Birds of a feather.

A young man who was always drunk and
believing that life had been unfair to him, one
day visited a witch doctor concerning his future.
The witch doctor brought out two native post,
one white and the other black, and a millipede.
He told the young man that the millipede will
determine his destiny . He asked him to watch,
that if the millipede enters into the white pot he
will have a bright future and if it enters the black
pot his life will be miserable. So he set the pot
apart and allowed the millipede to do its job. At
first, the millipede started crawling towards the
white pot but suddenly change its course
towards the black pot. The young man became
apprehensive, watching the millipede keenly.
As the millipede was about to enter into the pot,
he hurriedly stood up, pick the millipede and
threw it into the white pot and said he can not
be there and allow a millipede determine his
destiny.
Moral: Your destiny is in your own hand. Take
control.
Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Lilimax(f): 2:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
Stella Odua, where art thou?

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by WhoDeyThere(m): 2:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
L
Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by zuby4real10(m): 2:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
Sir Alex ferguson @ 72 won d EPL 4
man utd in his last season @ d club,
Moyes @ 50 woefully failed @ same
club wif same squad.Carlo Ancelloti @
his late 60s won d championships
league 4 r.madrid,mourinho @ his mid 50s fail in 3 consecutive seasons.dis is
anoda food 4 thought to dos pro GEJ
A.K.A anti Buhari 2 knw dat age is nt a
factor dat hinder a person 4rm
achieving success.we ol knw
irrespective of our tribal & religious differences dat GEJ fail during his 6yrs
spell as Nigeria head of state.plz let cum
2geda nd join hands 2 Mek GMB our
fergie $ Ancelloti

4 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by bigboss80s(m): 2:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
I think this should be blamed on the present Minister of Aviation if we even have one. No one can take away from the fact that Stella Odouah made major changes in the aviation sector. But somehow since she was removed we haven't heard anything from them. It seems things have reverted to the status quo. What a shame!!!

10 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by igbsam(m): 2:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
AutosBay:
It is well, you are complaining now, because a certain political party will give you a mouth watering position, I'm weeping for Nigeria, you see Not that Nigeria can not be like the advanced countries of this world, but I really feel we ourselves are the major disaster of our problems.

Sorry to say this, but you sir, have no brains...............

Why don't you take a trip the the International Airport yourself and see things for yourself

My December experience at this airport is nothing to write home about.
Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by philips70(m): 2:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
worry359:
It was said on a telivision program that the baggage handling eqipment was designed for NORMAL travellers around the world.
Most people have luggage of less than 30kg but Nigerians must have HUGE bags of over 100kg.
Then complain because conveyor breaks down.

Do these Nigerians travel from Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos to Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos? Or when they reach their destination airports they throw away the extra 70kg so their conveyor belts stay safe?

4 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Eastherbunny(m): 2:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
Dele mamodu shea na rich guy you be na, as citizen and patriot you claim to be why not repair it.
You are showing me pictures of tilled floor so what.
Abeg GEJ is not aviation minister he did his work by awarding that extension contract so blame the aviation minister biko$

2 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Arysexy(m): 2:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
Liars from d pit of apc hell.

Some of the pictures have been posted here over 8 months ago. Eg the mopping bucket they claimed was used to collect leaking water. I guess rain is falling in Lagos now.

Shameless propagandist apshit

2 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by TippyTop(m): 2:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
Can we compare the state of our airports now as to how they use to be under obasanjo?

GEJ has renovated all airports compared to OBJ that did nothing.

5 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Kolade354(m): 2:21pm On Jan 19, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Oga Biko upload the pictures here now....thanks

Chai! Really bad but nobody should blame it on GEJ....he mustn't be everywhere. The management of that airport needs serious flogging
continue to defend mediocrity when they are listing jonathan achievement they use to mention how he has revamp our aviation industry so now they are calling on his attention you are here saying he musnt be everwhere then he shld be in otueke drinking his ogogoro.
Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by typ111: 2:21pm On Jan 19, 2015
hmm 9ja
Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by callmenow: 2:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
Does this buffoon not know who manages the airport? Very soon dele will soon ask JONATHAN to do his night husbandly duties, since his suffering from diabetes. So called Nigerian graduates/ elites never cease to amaze me. Dele should travel to Ghana where he has his main house, and leave Nigeria alone. Another corrupt ABIOLA stooge. Buhari apologist.

2 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by olas24u(f): 2:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
AutosBay:
It is well, you are complaining now, because a certain political party will give you a mouth watering position, I'm weeping for Nigeria, you see Not that Nigeria can not be like the advanced countries of this world, but I really feel we ourselves are the major disaster of our problems.

Have you been in some African countries Airport?
Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
The only international airport we have in Nigeria is in such a mess. Excuse but what is gej doing with our money. Is he that selfish to keep it all to himself and not share among Nigerians in a way we would at least feel the impact.

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by lolaxavier(m): 2:25pm On Jan 19, 2015
You need to step into those toilets...very terrible for an airport.
And that hot lounge....
Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Akainzo(m): 2:25pm On Jan 19, 2015
worry359:
It was said on a telivision program that the baggage handling eqipment was designed for NORMAL travellers around the world.
Most people have luggage of less than 30kg but Nigerians must have HUGE bags of over 100kg.
Then complain because conveyor breaks down.

This is the kind of pathetic reasoning that makes us settle for less. Those baggage that are carried on the MMIA conveyors were also handled by the conveyors in the country where the travellers originated from yet those conveyors did not break down.

So your pathetic excuse is not correct.

7 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Ilekeh(f): 2:27pm On Jan 19, 2015
AutosBay:

What a dumb response.

I'm sure you don't even know what a Nigerian passport looks like.

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Richard6(m): 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2015
One day someone wil post the picture of his toilet and ask Jonathan to come and fix it for him or her. Dont they get money in that airport, must they wait for President to come and do everything for them? You people should leave Jonathan alone, he is busy with more important things.
Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by IGBOSON1: 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2015
igbsam:
saw this while he was uploading the pictures one after the other on his facebook page.

It's an eyesore what the bulletproof bmw minister did.

^^^You guys make me laugh wallahi!

From the pics you see, it's obvious the structures are in place....the problem now being that of maintenance! It's been almost a year now since you lot bullied GEJ into removing her from office, yet you expect the airport facilities to still be as she left them!?

If you're looking for anyone to blame, blame the immediate past acting minister and current minister of aviation!
Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by sheymoni(m): 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2015
I thought they said they have remodelled that airport smh

Busiest airport in the country looks like poultry #change2015

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Egbagirl(f): 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2015
I thought people were praising Sister Stellah for doing a great job with our airports not too long ago? Na wetin con happen?
Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Ilekeh(f): 2:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
olas24u:

Have you been in some African countries Airport?

Lol who told you that he has ever been out of his state?

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by appini: 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
Dele should go take care of that, after all he is Nigerian. dull brains everywhere

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
This is not the problem of apc or PDP, it is a Nigeria problem.
Please let us see things this way.

callmenow:
Does this buffoon not know who manages the airport? Very soon dele will soon ask JONATHAN to do his night husbandly duties, since his suffering from diabetes. So called Nigerian graduates/ elites never cease to amaze me. Dele should travel to Ghana where he has his main house, and leave Nigeria alone. Another corrupt ABIOLA stooge. Buhari apologist.
Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by anonimi: 2:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
ochiaha1:

Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport

Well, Lagos is doing good by building another Airport as an alternative to MMA2; I hope it enhances competition and brings out the best, in terms of efficient service, from the managers of the two Airports.

A friend of mine is arguing, however, that it is the up-town folks in lekki who are agitating for the new Airport and the state Government is just obliging them to massage their massive egos and create further distinction between
the uppper class folks of Lekki Peninsula and the other folks who live on the Lagos Mainland.

The truthfullness of the statement above may be difficult to verify, but I do know a Lekki Resident who told me that he had not been to the Lagos Mainland for over 10 years, he only passes through there when he is on his way to board  a plane at MM1 or MM2 !!! I have no reason to doubt the man in question, because other friends have also complained about friends they had before, but who now reside in Lekki and its environs, who are now refusing to pick their calls or honour their invitations to events simply because they reside in the mainland or the events are slated for the Lagos Mainland  angry

If the above assertions are true, then the Lagos state government should concentrate on building people-oriented projects like the fourth mainland bridge. cool

Has Dele Momodu seen the Lekki International airport promised but NOT delivered as usual by the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC cabal.
The above post was in May 2011 i.e. four years ago with N102 billion down the drain
i.e almost $1 billion shocked
This CABAL has been ruining Lagos state for the past 16 years with multi-trillion cumulative budget[/b] of which there is little or no trace of what the humongous amount achieved for the benefit of Lagosians.

Soon the Thief'nuibu CABAL wil tell us it was bad business just like the Sunborn yacht of N8 billion.
Yes oh our N8 billion don turn bad business just like that.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-0cjSRaVqdv4/TWEJI4eES7I/AAAAAAAAAO8/nZkAaHlM5IE/s1600/sunbornyatch2C.jpg[/img]

Lagos N8bn Sunborn Yacht deal, bad business — APC

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-n8bn-sunborn-yacht-deal-bad-business-apc/

We are tired of being Thief'nuibu SLAVES!
We refuse to be sold on their PROPAGANDA anymore!!
Enough is Enough!!!!

#Liberate-Lagos
Kai Buhari!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
South Wasterneres and apc baboons should shut the hell up! When Stella Oduah was fixing the state of our airports, they were all making noise because of BMW, and now she is out, they have hurriedly put pictures of a toilet where the shower pipe was deliberately dropped on the floor by a useless aboki who put his prayer rubber kettle there and stained the floor with oil all in a bid to rubbish GEJ! The conveyor belts were also probably deliberately sabotaged and here they are ranting again! Dole Mumu-du, go and hide your ugly face somewhere. Fools!

All these rubbish will end by this time on the 15th when the results of the election will be announced and May 27th when GEJ will be re-elected and South Wasterners, APC goons and Boko Haram sympathizers shamed and disgraced.

Sabotuers!!

4 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
Flytefalls:
That toilet lipsrsealed
Please tell me that hair isn't natural.
Re: The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 19, 2015
jaybee3:

No airline will allow 00KG luggage due to weight balancing ratio of aircrafts

Maximum allowed is 30KG
you should understand sacarsm.

That is the true state of our international airport and it's pathetic. It's under renovation. The port health clinic smells shitty. We really have a long long way to go.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) / The Myth About Nigerians Washing Dead Bodies In The US / Renewing Nigerian E-passport In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.