Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,417 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s (6019 Views)

Breaking: Buhari Is Unfair To The North and Muslims. Buhari is a Betrayal / What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi / Buhari Reacts To Emergence Of Speaker, Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by nesta007(m): 1:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
Governor Ayodele Fayose has come under fire from the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), over a front page advert the Ekiti State governor paid for in The Punch and Daily Sun newspapers on Monday morning.
Buhari, in a Facebook post, accused Mr. Fayose of abusing a Bible verse and insulting Muslims, especially Northerners.
The governor had paid for front page adverts in the national dailies, depicting three former Heads of State from the North, who are Muslims and died in office, together with the APC presidential candidate, suggesting that what happened to them may happen to Buhari.
Fayose, in the advert urging Nigerians to “vote wisely” by casting their votes for President Goodluck Jonathan, said “NIGERIA…‘I have set before thee LIFE & DEATH. Therefore, choose LIFE that both thee and thy seed may LIVE (emphasis not ours)’”.
The advert, which has attracted the condemnation of Nigerians on the social media, was described by Buhari as a breach of the peace pact signed last week by leading presidential candidates, including President Goodluck Jonathan.
“First, it is totally unprofessional and abusive to Ethical codes of Journalism for Punch and Sun Newspapers to publish such content. Punch and Sun Newspapers must revoke the advert immediately and apologize to the people of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari and the APC for such folly.
“Second, if till now, there is no denouncement of the post from PDP and GEJ (Goodluck Ebele Jonathan), it means that they support it because Fayose is a stakeholder of the party, and a front man for GEJ’s campaign.
“GEJ signed a peace pact last week against election violence and he, through the insensitivity of this advert, is the first to break that pact.
“The Jonathan administration is cruising on lies and propaganda. It is bent on amassing votes to siphon more public funds and has no interest of Nigerians at heart. It is bound to fail”.
The Facebook post reiterated Buhari’s commitment to peace and urged Nigerians to get their Permanent Voters Cards and “vote these bigots out of power come February 14”.
“Encourage your neighbors, let them know that GEJ has nothing to offer them but lies and empty promises”, it added.

http://www.informationng.com/2015/01/fayose-abused-a-bible-verse-and-insulted-muslims-buhari-reacts-to-ekiti-govs-frontpage-newspaper-advert.html

13 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by elantraceey(f): 1:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
I expected this reply and he's right .

That fayose has a lot of things to learn.

6 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by gurusmac4: 1:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hit like " for #GMB 2015 and share for #GEJ 2015"

138 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
PDP always playing politics of death. Who takes them serious? The Sun has always been an embarrassment to print media, sadly, the once respected Punch has followed suit. They can even go ahead and publish Buhari's Obituary, I don't care. However, I can assure them that Muhammadu Buhari will be elected President, sworn in, and served out his term in office. Shame Jonathan, Sai Buhari

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by SeverusSnape(m): 1:22pm On Jan 19, 2015
What Fayose did was outrightly wrong!... It's uncalled for, It's immature, He should stop if and FFK should follow too.

Though I choose Life.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by dunkem21(m): 1:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
Chain.
Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by dunkem21(m): 1:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
Chai
Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by Firefire(m): 1:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nigerian politicians are becoming desperate, I think Political office is to render service to humanity

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by sunnydayasaba(m): 1:25pm On Jan 19, 2015
That Ad is totally uncalled for and coming frm an elected Governor, It shows that our leaders are jst dumb....What is DSS still doing, They need to call him to order now...That ad alone is enough to incite violence.....How can he add the picture of a living man among d pictures of d dead.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by Energito: 1:25pm On Jan 19, 2015
Apc never see anything sha them use boko harm the tell lies before?now is their turn.GEJ till Apc change their dying general.

13 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by Firefire(m): 1:25pm On Jan 19, 2015
barcanista:
PDP always playing politics of death. Who takes them serious? The Sun has always been an embarrassment to print media, sadly, the once respected Punch has followed suit. They can even go ahead and publish Buhari's Obituary, I don't care. However, I can assure them that Muhammadu Buhari will be elected President, sworn in, and served out his term in office. Shame Jonathan, Sai Buhari

I laugh grin

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by gregg2: 1:25pm On Jan 19, 2015
[size=20pt]The Bokoharists never see anything outside
religion and ethnicity

Why bring in religion into a purely political advert[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 19, 2015
Who even takes that thug of a govornor serious? That fuvker called fayose is so inconsequencial as letters "yo" that made up the "YOU" word

Sick pathetic psycho he is

If not for fayemi's incompentance, a fool, murderer like fayose will never smell the seat of a state house.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by Clerverly: 1:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
The irony of the advert is that, it ended up winning more sympathy for Buhari!

I know even jonathan would be disappointed by the antics of fayose!

14 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by banki(m): 1:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
gregg2:
[size=20pt]The Bokoharists never see anything outside
religion and ethnicity

Why bring in religion into a purely political advert[/size]

Omg.... but why was a bible verse quoted on the advert if it was not meant to be religious....bloody paid goon

20 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by appini: 1:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
Buhari knows how politics is been played in Nigeria, it's a do or die affair.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by gregg2: 1:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
barcanista:

PUNCH is APC.
Maybe, the money for this advert was good and they grab it
but PUNCH is doing the biggest work in spreading propaganda for APC and Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
APC AND THEIR SPELL-BOUND FOLLOWERS HAVE BEEN PROPAGATING AND DESEMINATING LIES AGAINS PDP AND GEJ AND NOBODY CONDEMED IT.

BUHARI SHOULD KEEP CRYING. APC BROUGHT THIS AND OTHERS TO COME UPON HIM.

THE IS FREE FOR ALL FIGHT AND MUST BE WON BY PDP.

NIGERIANS VOTE WISELY.

VOTE GEJ, VOTE PDP.

8 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by kennydee05(m): 1:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
The man is a clown.

What gave him the assurance that his own corpse will not be a liability to Ekiti State?
The man called Fayose is a disgrace to democracy.
And Punch accepted Fayose offer by publishing unprofessional advert while Channels TV terminated the broadcast of Pastor Tunde Bakare.

4 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
I just pray and hope that this stupidity by Fayose will not lead to violence. I honestly pray it won't.

God bless the General!

8 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by Energito: 1:32pm On Jan 19, 2015
Firefire:

I laugh grin
now is time for pdp to fire back at apc.GEJ till apc change their dying general.

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by omenka(m): 1:32pm On Jan 19, 2015
That ad was wrong in its entirety and very provocative too. I wonder how much the newspapers were paid to publish such content knowing fully well the dangers it represents.

So disappointed honestly.

6 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by GeeOh(f): 1:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
death is nt a respecter of age,no one knows who's next. fayose is not God,he could even b d next himself.

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by Energito: 1:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
I like fayose that man no dey fear anybody.carry go people's gov.

8 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by gabriel212: 1:35pm On Jan 19, 2015
Firefire:

I laugh grin
hmm u laugh but u fail to understand that you have give more sympathy vote to Buhari.
until that day.
No need to shout!

1 Like

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by Bruteforce1o1: 1:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
Firefire:
Nigerian politicians are becoming desperate, I think Political office is to render service to humanity

Condemn Fayose for the crap or shut up. You cant even condemn him and stylishly saying Naija politicians, smh.

4 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by Firefire(m): 1:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
gabriel212:

hmm u laugh but u fail to understand that you have give more sympathy vote to Buhari.
until that day.
No need to shout!

see my previous comment on the publication:

Firefire:

I don't support that methodology of campaigning. Only Almighty God gives life and take it.

Ayodele Fayose is responsible for his action.

I am only laughing at my friend quoted... go back and read it again. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by Energito: 1:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
Clerverly:
The irony of the advert is that, it ended up winning more sympathy for Buhari!

I know even jonathan would be disappointed by the antics of fayose!
egift fab 14 is almost here so dont worry.we will see how it goes.GEJ till 2019

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by dulaman: 1:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
this ppl
Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by baybeeboi: 1:42pm On Jan 19, 2015
thought the APC eWarriors denied on the other thread that Buhari does not own a facebook account but only tweeter?
meanwhile.......I choose Life though

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by Nexxy007: 1:42pm On Jan 19, 2015
we seriously need to step up this nigerian politics, its becoming embarrassing
Re: Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s by Energito: 1:42pm On Jan 19, 2015
berem:
I just pray and hope that this stupidity by Fayose will not lead to violence. I honestly pray it won't.

God bless the General!
who is afraid of volence?any igboman that die in north,millions of hausa will die in Asaba.we still have what they do to us in 1967 at back of our mind.GEJ till 2019

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have You Noticed This On The N200 Note? / Enugu Governor Visits ESUT, Pays Medical Bills Of Patients / Atiku Disgraced And Humiliated During His Town Hall Meeting In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.