Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - (45255 Views)

Buhari, Time We Stopped Lying To Ourselves - Abimbola Adelakun / Buhari: Time To Sack The Military Chiefs / Bad Omen During Buhari's Inauguration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by Nigthwalker(m): 10:48am On Jan 20, 2015
This posting has a production....if @ 1985 nigeria could maintain such a train under buhari government, what's stopping JONATHAN for not making it look more beautiful like other developed countries that one has a train of 1980s.......or are we still government?.....who ever post that is looking for an attention.
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by seguntijan(m): 11:10am On Jan 20, 2015
the op is not sincere with the pictures he uploaded, comparing the pictures the one on the newspaper is an abandon train as you can see bushes round the wheels, the latter shows a working train, the op should show us the working train then and mind you can't compare the civilization and per capita income of then with now.
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by harry509: 11:13am On Jan 20, 2015
Huffington:
And they say GEJ isn't working?
don't compare 1985 wit GEJ govt now. Buhari rule nig 4 13mnths.
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by angelsing(m): 11:15am On Jan 20, 2015
KwoiZabo:
with all these some right thinking Nigerians will vote Buhari. Ok o. since the north is sabotaging GEJ'S govt with Bokoharam and claiming he is weak, when they take power even in 2019 it's their buckets that they will take to Rivers state if they must see crude. God go punish North papa.

Since this has made front Page let me modify.

I know every right thinking Nigerian that has followed Nigeria's Politics and development will not vote Buhari. Buhari claims he is Mr. Integrity but he does it at convinience only. If he is Mr Integrity he should come clean about the fact that he did not finish Secondary school and entered the military through quota sytem (wallahi dan uwa. wannan Kworruftion ne pa). He should come clean about the fact that he did not buy a single rifle for the Army as President. Buhari claims he is Mr Integrity but he served under Sani Abacha and said openly that Abacha is not corrupt (& we want him to fight corruption) etc I don't blame the Millions of Northerners that he and his likes has kept illiterate and poor supporting him but it hurts me when I see enlightened Nigerians like you and I shouting change. Its Pathetic. At this point we are already facing the right direction as a Nation what we need is Improvement not change.
What improvement?...U mean improvement in the lost of more life?..Improvement in how our currency as become a mare paper?..So we shud wait till our country becomes tissue paper before we take it back from a person who does not have the capability to improve it....Just answer the question, how do u expect me to continue to support someone who goes on dancing a day after scores of his citizen died from a bomb blast?...seriously even if it is u that is contesting against GEJ right now I will vote u..
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by highmood(m): 11:18am On Jan 20, 2015
How can someone upload pictures on this platform. Biko nu
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by angelsing(m): 11:20am On Jan 20, 2015
KwoiZabo:
Built whaaaaaaat. cry The only refinery connected to Buhari is Warri Refinery started by Muritala and commissioned under OBJ when Buhari was petroleum minister. that's all. Kaduna was commissioned in 1983 by shagari and that same year Buhari toppled him, PH is 1989 by IBB and Eleme 1965. How did that uneducated crap called Buhari come into the picture? stop bowing to propaganda. The PIB currently at the National Assembly prepared by GEJ's govt. will finally kill corruption in the NNPC, so why has our legislators not pass it. well for your info. The North has missed it by frustrating GEJ'S govt with Bokoharam.
Yeah the same north in his cabinet...we know
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by KwoiZabo(m): 11:23am On Jan 20, 2015
angelsing:
What improvement?...U mean improvement in the lost of more life?..Improvement in how our currency as become a mare paper?..So we shud wait till our country becomes tissue paper before we take it back from a person who does not have the capability to improve it....Just answer the question, how do u expect me to continue to support someone who goes on dancing a day after scores of his citizen died from a bomb blast?...seriously even if it is u that is contesting against GEJ right now I will vote u..
How did OBJfare when the ND crisis stated? is it because militants don't kill people at random? So you blame GEJ for insurgency. Guy grow Up
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by angelsing(m): 11:24am On Jan 20, 2015
saintgwizard:
Nigerians started criticising GEJ when he was less than 3 months in Office.

One thing is that GEJ has done his part, there is no man that will ever please Nigerians while in office.

The Abacha that people celebrated his death, is today one of the "saints" that ruled this country.

Even if this same Buhari wins today, Nigerian will still complain in less than 1 year in office.
Who made Abacha a saint?..oh! I forgot he was presented with award after his death by our dear GEJ
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by angelsing(m): 11:25am On Jan 20, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
With scrappy locomotive abi?
Scrappy or no scrappy it was 30yrs ago...U guys made it sound like buhari ruled for over 30yrs
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by utimatedes(m): 11:27am On Jan 20, 2015
Who ever say GEJ is not trying is enemy of progress.
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by angelsing(m): 11:38am On Jan 20, 2015
KwoiZabo:
How did GEJ fare when the ND crisis stated? is it because militants don't kill people at random? So you blame GEJ for insurgency. Guy grow Up
u did not address my question...where in my comment did u see me blame him for insurgency?...I just asked u how do u expect me to vote for someone who does not really care for the lives of his citizen. Hw do u defend him for doing that and wat has Niger delta crisis got to do with what I asked u?
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by coolk(m): 11:49am On Jan 20, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Mumu liar like you.
Comparing the two situations is like comparing BARCELONA FC with SHARKS FC.

Or comparing REAL MADRID with NASARAWA UTD
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by KwoiZabo(m): 11:51am On Jan 20, 2015
angelsing:
u did not address my question...where in my comment did u see me blame him for insurgency?...I just asked u how do u expect me to vote for someone who does not really care for the lives of his citizen. Hw do u defend him for doing that and wat has Niger delta crisis got to do with what I asked u?
OBJ not GEJ during the ND crisis.
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by anonimi: 11:54am On Jan 20, 2015
gameaddict:
So when its Buhari, we should attribute it to lag but when its Jonathan, no lag abi?

Let me indulge you a bit.
If Buhari had invested to renew/refurbish and upgrade the railways rolling stock of locomotives, coaches lines etc the decline that started with cargoes in 1977 and with passengers after 1984 would not have occurred UNTIL Jonathan/Sambo showed and SYSTEMATICALLY refocused attention on this vital sector.

I hope my explanation is simple enough for you to understand these fundamental dynamics of economic growth and business operations.

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by anonimi: 11:55am On Jan 20, 2015
angelsing:

And Buhari cares for "the lives of his citizen"
Please tell us about that shocked

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by BlackTechnology: 11:56am On Jan 20, 2015
Rendition:
hahahhah blacktech no be sooo oooo buh chill 23mils per month baba da shi is too much mehn be realistic haba

Its not too much.

The problem is his failure to use it to transform lives. wink
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 20, 2015
Jorussia:
giving excuses for his failure.It is very unfair for you to compare a govt of 1&1/2 years with six years. but you forgot to tell the world that buhari built two refineries, that GEJ,is struggling to the revive in 6years.we should stop celebrating mediocrity.
building 2 refineries under 2 years haba abi him jst point fingers n d tin jst stand
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 20, 2015
KwoiZabo:
Built whaaaaaaat. cry The only refinery connected to Buhari is Warri Refinery started by Muritala and commissioned under OBJ when Buhari was petroleum minister. that's all. Kaduna was commissioned in 1983 by shagari and that same year Buhari toppled him, PH is 1989 by IBB and Eleme 1965. How did that uneducated crap called Buhari come into the picture? stop bowing to propaganda. The PIB currently at the National Assembly prepared by GEJ's govt. will finally kill corruption in the NNPC, so why has our legislators not pass it. well for your info. The North has missed it by frustrating GEJ'S govt with Bokoharam.
hw cn someone build 2 refineries in 2 years government
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by PhockPhockMan: 12:08pm On Jan 20, 2015
coolk:

Or comparing REAL MADRID with NASARAWA UTD
gringrin
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by killercute16(m): 12:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
KwoiZabo:
Oya send me your acct number,lemme send you smthing for this post grin....#NaJokeOh....buh seriously you made a great point there.

1 Like

Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by HzRF(m): 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2015
Hamatrony:

U go 4 standard or inferior man? undecided

Ain't dull standard any day

If private sector can invest in with seriousness

We too can boast of 21St century railway

More over abuja-kaduna is a 21st century railway project applauded world wide as 1 of d best 100 project in d world
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by Pearlvictory(m): 12:18pm On Jan 20, 2015
and they will say GEJ is clueless.

1 Like

Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by angelsing(m): 12:30pm On Jan 20, 2015
anonimi:

And Buhari cares for "the lives of his citizen"
Please tell us about that shocked

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos
It was not buhari that went on dancing when scores of his citizen died from a bomb blast...Come to think of is buhari the president yet?..Am talking about what GEJ did as a president so please address why GEJ went on dancing, I like to hear u defend that.
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by Jorussia(m): 12:30pm On Jan 20, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Because ure from Niger? I am based in Benin City too and I can tell u its GEJ that will win in Benin
Let's wait till February 14.
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by angelsing(m): 12:34pm On Jan 20, 2015
KwoiZabo:
OBJ not GEJ during the ND crisis.
What are u saying na?...pls address the point I raised and leave Niger delat crisis out of this argument...When we want to talk about Obj tenure and niger delat crisis we open another talk for that so address the issue raised...I repeat and I quote "How do u expect me to support someone who went on dancing a day after scores of his citizen were killed?..Like u to defend this please
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by experience16: 12:57pm On Jan 20, 2015
anonimi:

Any business admin/economics/accounting student understands the TIME LAG between investments and performance as well as the reverse i.e. LACK of continuous investments and SUBSEQUENT deterioration.
In 1984 the peaked number of passengers benefitted from PREVIOUS regimes' investments in railways that was yet to ROT away completely.

No wonder you gave us a very small excerpt of the businessdayonline story for a complete DISTORTION of what the news was all about. You were trying to be CUNNING hoping that most of our fellow citizens are LAZY mofos who won't bother to check out the source and read the whole news. Thankfully not everyone is like that.

Let us see a much larger excerpt of the same story from your provided link =>

Just as the daft pensioner did not buy any gun throughout his two year regime of terror as military DICTATOR he also did not buy any locomotive or coach hence passenger & cargo numbers continued to decline since 1977 until the Jonathan/Sambo decided to give REAL support to this vital sector and we have been seeing the results of steady PROGRESS everywhere

The article was published almost two years ago in April 2013.
Most of the planned rehabilitation & expansion by the federal administration highlighted above have been completed and citizens who had been deprived of this alternative means of transport are benefitting.

The story for Lagos state light rail of ONLY 27kms is very pathetic. This was a project that Jakande already started CONSTRUCTION before the sadist DESTROYER of the good works of others in the form of a military DICTATOR Buhari cancelled it and made the state pay hefty fines for breach of contract in 1983.
32 years later, we have no rail!

Four years after Toronto aloku scrap train propaganda show and two years after Fashola boasted in January 2013 that five months later in June 2013 we will be tweeting from inside his aloku trains. We can only hope that the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC that has been ruining Lagos state for 16 years will not tell us it was bad business like the N8 billion Sunborn yacht floating hotel shocked

Amaechi's case is not different from SCAMMER Fashola's deception angry
Since Amaechi joined APC he has abandoned whatever little governance he was doing for Rivers state and recently came out to boldly say without shame that he cannot complete the Port Harcourt light rail.

Why would any right thinking Nigerian want to swap a PROGRESSively performing federal administration of Jonathan/Sambo for the FRAUDULENT people assembled in APC?
What type of citizen would do that except those afflicted by the Cow Cloned Brain Syndrome, CCBS

P.S.: Feel free to share this as widely as possible to all those you are following on NL and even outside NL.

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

God bless u my brother for this piece of information. I have been following u and ichidodo posts on nairaland. I must commend both of u, for ur objective and insightful analysis. keep it up. What is the meaning of ur anomini?
APCs will not know what we befall them come February 14. We are patiently waiting for that day. The only thing we want on that day in Lagos is security ,in order not to be intimidated or harassed by thugs.
once more God bless u

2 Likes

Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by anonimi: 1:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
angelsing:
It was not buhari that went on dancing when scores of his citizen died from a bomb blast...Come to think of is buhari the president yet?..Am talking about what GEJ did as a president so please address why GEJ went on dancing, I like to hear u defend that.

I don't quite defend Jonathan.
Rather I compare him with Buhari who is being proposed as an alternative by the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC.

Please let me know if you have a problem with that

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

1 Like

Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by anonimi: 1:07pm On Jan 20, 2015
experience16:
God bless u my brother for this piece of information. I have been following u and ichidodo posts on nairaland. I must commend both of u, for ur objective and insightful analysis. keep it up. What is the meaning of ur anomini?
APCs will not know what we befall them come February 14. We are patiently waiting for that day. The only thing we want on that day in Lagos is security ,in order not to be intimidated or harassed by thugs.
once more God bless u

Thanks for your beautiful encouragement. Together we all can make our country better steadily.

Anonimi comes from anonymous to reflect the faceless nature of these forums.
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by angelsing(m): 1:28pm On Jan 20, 2015
anonimi:

I don't quite defend Jonathan.
Rather I compare him with Buhari who is being proposed as an alternative by the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC.

Please let me know if you have a problem with that

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos
no point arguing about it with u anymore...The last I know when Buhari was president he never went on dancing after evil befalls his citizen....Even if it is u that is contesting against Jonathan I will vote for u
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by Hamatrony(m): 1:36pm On Jan 20, 2015
HzRF:

I have come to terns that most of u that support GMB are either illiterates or educated illiterates

Let me enlightened u

Most of those 21st century u are shouting about are privately owned ..with 100% focus on it in terms of maintainance ,upgrading e.t.c

If Gej should build such in d name of 21st century

Do u think it will cost 1k for class class ,how many pple can afford 15k for it

What of d maintenance.. Na every month u go dey fly the train go abroad

Most of u here blabbing can't even rule a community successfully

So, if GMB supporter ar illiterates, den GEJ supporters ar wat? Idiots/fools/Maddest of livin being? Who one? grin
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by Hamatrony(m): 1:47pm On Jan 20, 2015
HzRF:

Ain't dull standard any day

If private sector can invest in with seriousness

We too can boast of 21St century railway

More over abuja-kaduna is a 21st century railway project applauded world wide as 1 of d best 100 project in d world

And y shuld private sector invest in it? Wit al d huge amount of money dos politicianz under Jonathan regime pack 2 demsefz n ur Jonathan sayz stealin isn't corruption
If dos corrupt leaders ar dealth wit n dos money wre collected frm dem all, wit dat alone, we wil surely provide standards n qualities 4 ourselves, even to maintain them won't b difficult cos we ar gonna av enuf 4 al dat
Re: State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - by stexsy(m): 1:47pm On Jan 20, 2015
Jorussia:
giving excuses for his failure.It is very unfair for you to compare a govt of 1&1/2 years with six years. but you forgot to tell the world that buhari built two refineries, that GEJ,is struggling to the revive in 6years.we should stop celebrating mediocrity.
how much did the two refineries cost? Frm that time till date how many head of state n presidents ve we had? If Abacha was not corrupt like Buhari said, y did he not revive d refineries? Food for thought

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Saraki Listed In Cases Of Unexplained Wealth In The UK The Police Must Consider / Kogi State PDP Governorship Primaries Updates / Boko Haram Cut Off Maiduguri From Power grid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.