Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,985 members, 7,821,431 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

“i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) (4066 Views)

Never Released Photos Of President Buhari (See Below) / Dokpesi's Son At Aso Rock, Presents Card To Buhari (see Photo) / Federal Cabinet: Security Agencies Screen Names Submitted By Buhari [see List] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by Sirfizz: 9:40pm On Jan 19, 2015
Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State has made a formal apology to General Buhari for predicting his purported death in office in his infamous Newspaper advert of January 19 which made the front page of almost all the national dailies in the country.

The reaction of the intellectual bulk of the Nigerian society to the damaging was so swift, that many termed it a premeditated attack on the entire peoples of the North West Region, and also an insult on the memories of the Past heads of state whom he (Fayose) represented to have died in office.

Many Nigerians were particularly angry at the way the image of Gen. Murtala Mohammed and Umaru Musa Yar’Adua were juxtaposed alongside that of General Sanni Abacha.

Following the wake of rejection which trailed the release of the advert and its’ attendant consequences, Governor Fayose was forced to make a public apology via his Twitter handle, where he apologised to Buhari and the NorthWest, confessing that he only wanted to trend on behalf of GEJ (See tweet below).

Screenshot_2015-01-19-16-46-20

FNN immediately contacted Fayose after he tweeted that via telephone, and he confirmed that he was sorry for what he did. According to him, I don’t know what came over me, I am truly sorry. I had to do something to take away attention from Zahra Buhari’s trend last week and focus attention on GEJ and myself. Now I see that I made a dangerous mistake, and I hope Papa Buhari and the rest of the NorthWest will forgive me.”

Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by Firefire(m): 9:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
Yeye fowl

Fake News of Nigeria - FNN

4 Likes

Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by gen2briz(m): 9:43pm On Jan 19, 2015
Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by Mogidi: 9:46pm On Jan 19, 2015
Am also [size=13pt]deadly[/size] sorry for poking fun at him and posting pictures about his health, I wanted to trend too.
Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by BlackTechnology: 9:47pm On Jan 19, 2015
FNN Fake Nigerian News
Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
Fake news.
We don't apologise for speaking the truth.
Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by mazzi: 9:52pm On Jan 19, 2015
Fake news!apc we no buy am o!
Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by midolian(m): 9:57pm On Jan 19, 2015
I wonder why a grown up man like Fayose will be behaving like a kid all in d name of politics. Bloody sycophant

1 Like

Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by Bishop4bella(m): 10:07pm On Jan 19, 2015
One thing that amaze is that Ekiti state is full of educated fellows but I wonder how they have Fayose as their governor who does not reason before he speaks.

This man needs to be cautioned.

1 Like

Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by baybeeboi: 10:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
what remains is that you had already said the truth....
Now you can apologise...
Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by docadams: 10:17pm On Jan 19, 2015
Fayose sure behaves like a man the gods will love to make crazy.

1 Like

Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by docadams: 10:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
Fayose sure behaves like a man the gods will love to make crazy.
Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by slimfit1(m): 10:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
Big for nothing.
Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by oduastates: 10:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
Ekiti sure deserves this guy.

1 Like

Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by Jarus(m): 10:55pm On Jan 19, 2015
Boko Haram retweeted.

Was I the only one that saw that.
Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by Feranmicharles(m): 11:03pm On Jan 19, 2015
midolian:
I wonder why a grown up man like Fayose will be behaving like a kid all in d name of politics. Bloody sycophant
na lie jhur that's not the twitter handle of the Gov he's @govfayose

2 Likes

Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by lisimmo(m): 11:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
PollNaija opinion poll:

GENERAL PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, WHO IS YOUR CHOICE?

JONATHAN OR BUHARI?

Download PollNaija app at

www.e-testpedia.com/PollNaija.apk

to vote and see the result analysis.

Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by menesheh(m): 11:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
Story

The did had already taken place

Gently men don't apologize rather they will never do something that will mandate apology
Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by dulaman: 11:17pm On Jan 19, 2015
see your life?
Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by folahann(m): 11:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
We Ekiti people have asked Fayose to stay away from weed(igbo) he wouldn't listen.

Sai Buhari 2015

1 Like

Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by munex007(m): 11:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
Truth?

Let someone predict the death of your Father and let see how you react

You are a disgrace to the Living being..Even animals won't come this low cos of Power struggle..

I'm wondering how much ur consciense and sense of reasoning was bought for?
AlfaSeltzer:
Fake news.
We don't apologise for speaking the truth.

1 Like

Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by mtprofessor5(m): 11:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
J
Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by zeezahbee(f): 11:40pm On Jan 19, 2015
Fayose, am speechless. He always behave like a scape goat. Time will tell undecidedMtchewww

1 Like

Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 19, 2015
Sirfizz:
Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State has made a formal apology to General Buhari for predicting his purported death in office in his infamous Newspaper advert of January 19 which made the front page of almost all the national dailies in the country.

The reaction of the intellectual bulk of the Nigerian society to the damaging was so swift, that many termed it a premeditated attack on the entire peoples of the North West Region, and also an insult on the memories of the Past heads of state whom he (Fayose) represented to have died in office.

Many Nigerians were particularly angry at the way the image of Gen. Murtala Mohammed and Umaru Musa Yar’Adua were juxtaposed alongside that of General Sanni Abacha.

Following the wake of rejection which trailed the release of the advert and its’ attendant consequences, Governor Fayose was forced to make a public apology via his Twitter handle, where he apologised to Buhari and the NorthWest, confessing that he only wanted to trend on behalf of GEJ (See tweet below).

FNN immediately contacted Fayose after he tweeted that via telephone, and he confirmed that he was sorry for what he did. According to him, I don’t know what came over me, I am truly sorry. I had to do something to take away attention from Zahra Buhari’s trend last week and focus attention on GEJ and myself. Now I see that I made a dangerous mistake, and I hope Papa Buhari and the rest of the NorthWest will forgive me.”

That useless account you quoted isn't the same as the one that tweeted pictures of kids laughing at Buhari's Independent Nigeria electoral commission.

Who are you to call a state governor? Can't believe some people already believed your lies.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2043242_kkk_jpeg79e4bacad08785826e9bf36e1dfe5229

1 Like

Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
Sirfizz:

This is a fake handle as im following him
Below is his real handle. Ya arse.holes

Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 19, 2015
Promhize:

That useless account you quoted isn't the same as the one that tweeted pictures of kids laughing at Buhari's Independent Nigeria electoral commission.

Who are you to call a state governor? Can't believe some people already believed your lies.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2043242_kkk_jpeg79e4bacad08785826e9bf36e1dfe5229

No mind the mu.mu
Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by Eziachi: 11:57pm On Jan 19, 2015
Am so sorry.
I wanted to trend, Zahra Buhari is trending more than me and GEJ grin grin grin grin grin grin
This is the mentality of someone running affairs of millions of people.
God help them.

1 Like

Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 20, 2015
He was only trollin
Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by Joel3(m): 12:08am On Jan 20, 2015
already too late. That has already gave buharI score card and millions of followers today.

Clueless president surrounding himself with clowns

Next.
Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by Dahkogrin007(m): 1:48am On Jan 20, 2015
fool
Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by oliidell(m): 3:40am On Jan 20, 2015
I thought that by now, most nairalanders would knw that FNN stands for Fake Naija News.

On a serious note however, Punch Newspaper messed up big time.
Re: “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) by jojomario(m): 4:41am On Jan 20, 2015
There is no way this thug can win my heart. School boy politics.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Honest Expectations From Buhari’s Campaign Promises. / Obi Of Onitsha Refuses Buhari's Order. / Fulani Hardsmen Made The Terrorist List For 2018: Where Is Lie Mohammed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.