Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall (13718 Views)

SHOCKING: Buhari’s Minister, Mama Taraba Boasting How She Controls The Judiciary / Ministerial List: What Buhari Did That Shocked Tinubu, Osinbajo – New Telegraph / Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Matthewbriggs(m): 10:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
I would love to hear any APC supporter contradict this.

It is popular knowledge that Muhammadu Buhari's APC, have been calling for an immediate price reduction on fuel products to reflect the down scaling in global oil prices. Something he never did in his time.

Feul price changes of administration before and after him.

•Obasanjo - from 9k to 15.3k
•Shagari - from 15.3k to 20k
•Buhari - from 20k to 20k (Price remains the same)
•Babangida - from 20k to 39.5k

In the glut of 1984, oil prices slumped from around $30 to about $14 (53% drop), the Nigerian dictator (Buhari) at that time did not reduce the pump price of petrol. Thirty years later, in a similar circumstance but with a price slump of 50%, President Jonathan reduces the pump price by N10.

I just bought 10 litters for 870N.

APC stop this hypocrisy you are sharing oh.

GEJ till 2019

Source of Chart http://chartsbin.com/view/oau

69 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by klodike(m): 10:23pm On Jan 19, 2015
GEJ until earthquake happens in Nigeria grin
NEVER AGAIN SHALL GRAND PA RULE US, NEVER AGAIN SHALL WE HAVE MIILITOCRACY. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

I dedicate this 4th FTC achievement to my unborn child. Look son, education is important ensure you have all your CERTIFICATES.

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Premiumnoise: 10:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
Matthewbriggs:
[s]I would love to hear any APC supporter contradict this.

It is popular knowledge that Muhammadu Buhari's APC, have been calling for an immediate price reduction on fuel products to reflect the down scaling in global oil prices. Something he never did in his time.

In the glut of 1984, oil prices slumped from around $30 to about $14 (53% drop), the Nigerian dictator (Buhari) at that time did not reduce the pump price of petrol. Thirty years later, in a similar circumstance but with a price slump of 50%, President Jonathan reduces the pump price by N10.

GEJ till 2019

Source of Chart http://chartsbin.com/view/oau[/s]

I can smell your desperation from my computer screen

Focus on the issues facing Nigeria today

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by deji68: 10:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hmnnnn ....but managed the money realized from subsidy removal by abacha regime cool cool..Lack courage to take hard decisions

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by xreal: 10:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
but, he left it the way he met it, isn't?

this man from bayelsa almost doubled the price. And because we are clamoring for CHANGE, he decided to give us 10naira change.

Clueless man.

106 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by mazzi: 10:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
Premiumnoise:

u be foool! So we should shun history abi?

36 Likes

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
As a former minister of petroleum,three refineries were built in the government Buhari served.

How many refineries has Dieziani and Jonathan built not to talk of putting the existing and non performing below capacity refineries to order?

Questions for Satanists to answer.

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Premiumnoise: 10:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
mazzi:
u be foool! So we should shun history abi?

u are right.

Let us talk about history. Why was Nwobodo jailed by Buhari government in 1983?

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by baybeeboi: 10:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
my own be say weda fuel price go as high as 500naira a litter o
GEJ till 2019

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Huffington: 10:40pm On Jan 19, 2015
Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Huffington: 10:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
berem:
As a former minister of petroleum,three refineries were built in the government Buhari served.

How many refineries has Dieziani and Jonathan built not to talk of putting the existing and non performing below capacity refineries to order?

Obasanjo and Murtala built them, not Buhari.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 19, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

GEJ till 2019

Okay, now we know Buhari neither reduced nor increased it.

How much was pump price when GEJ got there? How much is it today?

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Matthewbriggs(m): 10:45pm On Jan 19, 2015
berem:

Buhari did not build any refinery biko. He just performed statutory role of signing the papers

Following the indigenization policy of the Federal Military Government under the Obasanjo’s regime, the name NPRC was changed to NNPC and its equity totally bought over by the Federal Government in 1978. Therefore, the NPRC constructed the first refinery in Nigeria generally known as Port Harcourt 1 in 1965 while the NNPC built the Port Harcourt 11, Warri and Kaduna refineries.

However, the Warri Refinery was awarded by Yakubu Gowon to Snamprogetti Spa Milan, Italy in 1975 (in this period, Buhari was the governor of North-eastern state) at the cost of $478 million and commenced operation in 1978 (now he was a Petroleum. Minister). It had the design capacity of 100,000 b/d.

The Kaduna Refinery was awarded by Murtala Mohammed in 1976 and was built by Chiyoda Engineering and Construction Company - a Japanese firm, at the cost of $525 million and was completed by Obasanjo in 1979 (Buhari's tenure as the Petroleum. Minister ended in 1978). It had two refining streams (50,000 b/d fuels units) and (50,000 b/d lubes, waxes Asphalt plants).

Port Harcourt 11 was awarded by Gen IBB in 1985 with an installed capacity of 150,000 b/d and completed in 1989. Meanwhile in 1985, IBB undertook an expansion of the capacities of the fuels units in both Warri and Kaduna refineries to 125,000b/d and 110,000b/d respectively. He therefore added 185,000b/d capacity to the total 445,000b/d as at 1989. No further addition has been added till date.

Source:http://newsdayreporters.com/what-s-hot/536-specialreport-muhammadu-buhari-did-not-build-any-refinery-for-nigeria-editorial-newsday-reporters.html

So, when did Buhari build the four refineries?

Please tell me another lie.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by taharqa: 10:46pm On Jan 19, 2015
Premiumnoise:

Why e be say if any question is faced or raised about Buhari, all these im nama followers go they shout say na non-issue.

You mucus can take Buhari as a god who cannot be question, but many of us see him as a very fortunate man who was allowed into the military cos of quota system (which made the fact that he was not educated up to Sec School at that point reluctant) and rose up the ranks cos of same reason. Nothing really remarkable about the man.

Moreova, was it you ijiots that were just cursing GEJ for 'only removing #10 from fuel prize' even when the fuel prize crashed? So why complain when some prople also ask why your master didn't remove #1 in his time when the prize also crashed?

Or was it his own way of 'stabilizing the works market prize'?? Lol

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by taharqa: 10:50pm On Jan 19, 2015
Jarus:

How co.e the same person who asked GEJ to reduce the pump prize cos crude oil prize has crashed international did not himself reduce the prize when the same crude crashed during his time??

Isn't that person a BLADDI HYPOCRUTE, with little integrity?? No?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Matthewbriggs(m): 10:52pm On Jan 19, 2015
Jarus:

This thread is not about how much pump price was when GEJ got there. It is about the hypocrisy displayed by buhari and APC.

That is the real reason why I think their change slogan is nothing but a sham.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 19, 2015
Huffington:
Obasanjo and Murtala built them, not Buhari.
Where in my post did I say he built the three refineries? Don't be dumb please! Go back and read my comment.

7 Likes

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Matthewbriggs(m): 10:54pm On Jan 19, 2015
Premiumnoise:

I laugh at this guy in spanish. The issue of today is that your messiah buhari is a hypocrite. He is going up and down blasting jonathan for something he never did during his time

8 Likes

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 19, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

GEJ till 2019

I have warned you to stick with what you know, below is the table for oil prices in 1980s, when exactly did the price of oil fall in 1984?
www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=F000000__3&f=M

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Matthewbriggs(m): 11:03pm On Jan 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

I have warned you to stick with what you know, below is the table for oil prices in 1980s, when exactly did the price of oil fall in 1984?
www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=F000000__3&f=M

This is the source of my information Source of Chart http://chartsbin.com/view/oau

The graph says it all.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 19, 2015
Can the mods close this thread of lies and probably ban the Op if he refuses to apologize

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Premiumnoise: 11:04pm On Jan 19, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

I laugh at this guy in spanish. The issue of today is that your messiah buhari is a hypocrite. He is going up and down blasting jonathan for something he never did during his time

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 19, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

This is the source of my information Source of Chart http://chartsbin.com/view/oau

The graph says it all.
Expand your graph to show us 1984 prices, i gave you prices for every month in 1984, where did you come up with $14? Please don't quote me again till you expand and bring out proofs.

Another thing that makes your comparison senseless is that Nigeria was refining it's crude locally so international prices had no effects on local prices.

This morning you made another senseless comparison of the invasion of Iraq with Bokoharam. You should sit down and read what you want to sell before posting them online.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Matthewbriggs(m): 11:08pm On Jan 19, 2015
Premiumnoise:

Lets talk history why did Buhari put Shegari on house arrest and send Alex Ekeweme to prison. Why did Buhari arrest Ojukwu when Ojukwu had nothing to do with Shegari's goverment.

What was buhari doing to the extent that under his nose 25 billion naira went missing under him at PTF

12 Likes

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
Obiagelli:
Can the mods close this thread of lies and probably ban the Op if he refuses to apologize
If you wanna know more about the Op,go to romance section and ask who he really is. Dude is a wrecked piece of Shiite!!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Premiumnoise: 11:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

Lets talk history why did Buhari put Shegari on house arrest and send Alex Ekeweme to prison. Why did Buhari arrest Ojukwu when Ojukwu had nothing to do with Shegari's goverment.

What was buhari doing to the extent that under his nose 25 billion naira went missing under him at PTF

Oga, how can you answer a simple question with a series of questions? na so den teach u for school

now answer kweshion...why was Nwobodo jailed by the Buhari government?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
berem:
If you wanna know more about the Op,go to romance section and ask who he really is. Dude is a wrecked piece of Shiite!!

Really? Na im i come dey waste time dey reply his thread at 11pm. How you dey jare

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Largeese(m): 11:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
Premiumnoise:

David Briggs aka mathhewbriggs is a frustrated fellow. The frustration is even making him call red sand, rice.

9 Likes

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 19, 2015
taharqa:

How co.e the same person who asked GEJ to reduce the pump prize cos crude oil prize has crashed international did not himself reduce the prize when the same crude crashed during his time??

Isn't that person a BLADDI HYPOCRUTE, with little integrity?? No?

See your own life. SMH

4 Likes

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Matthewbriggs(m): 11:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

Expand your graph to show us 1984 prices, i gave you prices for every month in 1984, where did you come up with $14? Please don't quote me again till you expand and bring out proofs.

Another thing that makes your comparison senseless is that Nigeria was refining it's crude locally so international prices had no effects on local prices.

This morning you made another senseless comparison of the invasion of Iraq with Bokoharam. You should sit down and read what you want to sell before posting them online.

Expand which graph ... I showed you a screen shot of the oil price in 1983 and 1985 according to the graph I sent to you. I also posted the link of the graph aswell for who ever doubts it to go check it out.

5 Likes

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Matthewbriggs(m): 11:22pm On Jan 19, 2015
Premiumnoise:

Oga, how can you answer a simple question with a series of questions? na so den teach u for school

now answer kweshion...why was Nwobodo jailed by the Buhari government?

They teach me for school how to smell hypocrisy from afar and respond accordingly.

7 Likes

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

Really? Na im i come dey waste time dey reply his thread at 11pm. How you dey jare
No waste your time on the failed Mr. Nairaland wannabe. He and Acidosis dey share one brain. Ndi ara! grin

I dey my sister o! Nothing do you.

Kachifo!!

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Revolutionnow: Court Declined To Order The Release Of Omoyele Sowore / Supreme Court To Hear Dickson's Appeal Against Disqualification Suit Today / VAT: Samuel Ortom Supports Lagos, Rivers In Case Against FIRS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.