Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall (13744 Views)

SHOCKING: Buhari’s Minister, Mama Taraba Boasting How She Controls The Judiciary / Ministerial List: What Buhari Did That Shocked Tinubu, Osinbajo – New Telegraph / Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by taharqa: 11:25pm On Jan 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

I have warned you to stick with what you know, below is the table for oil prices in 1980s, when exactly did the price of oil fall in 1984?
www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=F000000__3&f=M

The average prize per barrel per year was about $105 in 1980, $68 in 1983, $65 in 1984 and $59 in 1985 (all values adjusted for inflation).
http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Rate/Historical_Oil_Prices_Table.asp

There certainly was a sharp drop in the prize of crude over the said years. I mean was that not onecof the excuses GMB had for his coup against Shagari?
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by taharqa: 11:27pm On Jan 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

See your own life. SMH

Come take ya time o.....

Na because you be girli o. You for hayyy this night...
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 19, 2015
Jarus:

Okay, now we know Buhari neither reduced nor increased it.

How much was pump price when GEJ got there? How much is it today?

Buhari could not have increased pump prices because they where slumping while he was in office.

The only debate here is why Buhari did not reduce it?

4 Likes

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Matthewbriggs(m): 11:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
berem:
If you wanna know more about the Op,go to romance section and ask who he really is. Dude is a wrecked piece of Shiite!!

Eheennn tell me something. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by sammyj: 3:01pm On Mar 22, 2015
Do we need to reduce it when was no need for that and which economical impact will this have on the masses and Nigeria as a whole.
Abeg PDPis should look for something more concrete and substantial to use against GMB!!

2 Likes

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by makzeze: 3:01pm On Mar 22, 2015
klodike:
GEJ untill earthquake happens in naija grin
you are idiat

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by PassingShot(m): 3:03pm On Mar 22, 2015
Obiagelli:
Can the mods close this thread of lies and probably ban the Op if he refuses to apologize

Obiagelli:

I have warned you to stick with what you know, below is the table for oil prices in 1980s, when exactly did the price of oil fall in 1984?
www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=F000000__3&f=M

Mods, you need to shut down this lies!

1 Like

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by sammyj: 3:05pm On Mar 22, 2015
What economis impact will have on Nigeria if it was reduced at that time and we're we importing fuel during GMBs regeme. Abeg PDP should look for something more concrete to fight against GMB!!

2 Likes

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by viczing(m): 3:05pm On Mar 22, 2015
klodike:
GEJ untill earthquake happens in naija grin

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by tola9ja: 3:06pm On Mar 22, 2015
SEE HOW BUHARI BREAKS JONATHAN MOUTH grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by crackhouse(m): 3:07pm On Mar 22, 2015
Gej until Judas Iscariot is arrested.

1 Like

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by spaggyy(m): 3:09pm On Mar 22, 2015
baybeeboi:
my own be say weda fuel price go as high as 500naira a litter o
GEJ till 2019
[b][/b][size=18pt]imagine d rubbish u dey talk, am sure u must still be a toddler that still find it difficult to identify his left from right[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by ajalaolanr(m): 3:11pm On Mar 22, 2015
Huffington:
Obasanjo and Murtala built them, not Buhari.

Buhari directly supervised the construction of those refineries, he was the minister of petroleum.
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by lagbaja(m): 3:12pm On Mar 22, 2015
Matthewbriggs:
I would love to hear any APC supporter contradict this.

It is popular knowledge that Muhammadu Buhari's APC, have been calling for an immediate price reduction on fuel products to reflect the down scaling in global oil prices. Something he never did in his time.

Feul price changes of administration before and after him.

•Obasanjo - from 9k to 15.3k
•Shagari - from 15.3k to 20k
•Buhari - from 20k to 20k (Price remains the same)
•Babangida - from 20k to 39.5k

In the glut of 1984, oil prices slumped from around $30 to about $14 (53% drop), the Nigerian dictator (Buhari) at that time did not reduce the pump price of petrol. Thirty years later, in a similar circumstance but with a price slump of 50%, President Jonathan reduces the pump price by N10.

I just bought 10 litters for 870N.

APC stop this hypocrisy you are sharing oh.

GEJ till 2019

Source of Chart http://chartsbin.com/view/oau

You have succeeded in giving us another strong reason to vote GMB. By removing the subsidy, GEJ has complicated nigeria's economic woes. We now pay N32 per litre as against the N2.30 we were paying as subsidy before the removal. That translates into several trillions of dollars. All of which will end as exhaust smoke behind our inefficient transport systems. What this means is that capital projects will suffer, salaries will not be paid. Our debt burden will increase, we are back into the old days of Paris club debt servicing, what makes it worse now is that we are not borrowing at 0 interest rate from IMF, rather we are borrowing from the domestic market at rates of more than 10%. They are even planning another one They labelled diaspora investment funds. Go and find out how much bonds and treasury bills the CBN have sold, how much we are owing the domestic market. Find out how much government is spending in servicing these debts. These are funds that should have been channeled into building the much needed infrastructures.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by ggsquare: 3:12pm On Mar 22, 2015
i don't think Buhari is the right presidential candidate for Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Bonapart(m): 3:16pm On Mar 22, 2015
Hoe-kay
He will do it this time
#givebuhariachance

3 Likes

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 22, 2015
makzeze:
you are idiat

Idiat is the name of Lagos state deputy governor aspirant under APC. grin
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by momo22: 3:17pm On Mar 22, 2015
undecided
baybeeboi:
my own be say weda fuel price go as high as 500naira a litter o
GEJ till 2019
Suffering and smiling! Pathetic Nigerian. undecided
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by klodike(m): 3:17pm On Mar 22, 2015
Kai ubanka
makzeze:
you are idiat
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by vooks: 3:17pm On Mar 22, 2015
Buhari lost it before even contesting...spare him more misery
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 22, 2015
Matthewbriggs:
I would love to hear any APC supporter contradict this.

It is popular knowledge that Muhammadu Buhari's APC, have been calling for an immediate price reduction on fuel products to reflect the down scaling in global oil prices. Something he never did in his time.

Feul price changes of administration before and after him.

•Obasanjo - from 9k to 15.3k
•Shagari - from 15.3k to 20k
•Buhari - from 20k to 20k (Price remains the same)
•Babangida - from 20k to 39.5k

In the glut of 1984, oil prices slumped from around $30 to about $14 (53% drop), the Nigerian dictator (Buhari) at that time did not reduce the pump price of petrol. Thirty years later, in a similar circumstance but with a price slump of 50%, President Jonathan reduces the pump price by N10.

I just bought 10 litters for 870N.

APC stop this hypocrisy you are sharing oh.

GEJ till 2019

Source of Chart http://chartsbin.com/view/oau

what has reducing fuel price got to do with growth and development. What if buhari used the difference inthe fall oil price to estabish refineries. Is dat a crime. The reason people were cryin for gej to drop d price is becos we knw the difference in drop will be stolen. Since we knw corruption isnt stealing in his words.

1 Like

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Etruth: 3:18pm On Mar 22, 2015
Well, even with the slump, I bought fuel @ N100 per litre today. What sayest thou, Mr Matthewbriggs? SAI BUHARI jare
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by hensben(m): 3:20pm On Mar 22, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

This thread is not about how much pump price was when GEJ got there. It is about the hypocrisy displayed by buhari and APC.

That is the real reason why I think their change slogan is nothing but a sham.

Did Buhari increase fuel price or not but GEJ did and yet nothing to show for it
Btw, when did GEJ crooners start discussing issue at hand
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by EcoTerror: 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2015
Premiumnoise:

I can smell your desperation from my computer screen

Focus on the issues facing Nigeria today
GMB is an issue facing Nigeria today, history is replete of his economic woes and if we fail to understand our past the our future is bleak.
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by KingTom(m): 3:22pm On Mar 22, 2015
Huffington:
Obasanjo and Murtala built them, not Buhari.
Who was their petroleum minister grin

1 Like

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by bundur(m): 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2015
This Op is on an expired weed

I just bought fuel @ 110 per litre

1 Like

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by EcoTerror: 3:24pm On Mar 22, 2015
lagbaja:

You have succeeded in giving us another strong reason to vote GMB. By removing the subsidy, GEJ has complicated nigeria's economic woes. We now pay N32 per litre as against the N2.30 we were paying as subsidy before the removal. That translates into several trillions of dollars. All of which will end as exhaust smoke behind our inefficient transport systems. What this means is that capital projects will suffer, salaries will not be paid. Our debt burden will increase, we are back into the old days of Paris club debt servicing, what makes it worse now is that we are not borrowing at 0 interest rate from IMF, rather we are borrowing from the domestic market at rates of more than 10%. They are even planning another one They labelled diaspora investment funds. Go and find out how much bonds and treasury bills the CBN have sold, how much we are owing the domestic market. Find out how much government is spending in servicing these debts. These are funds that should have been channeled into building the much needed infrastructures.
speak for yourself
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by remzytimer: 3:24pm On Mar 22, 2015
We are not going back on our decision! Too late! Since you couldn't do that since 2011 with all ur tricks, propagandas, inciting hatred on peoples mind against the president, indirect aiding of boko haram, several planned attack, G7 decamping to APC and impeachment saga! They all failed and yet Goodluck is still making progress. Even Obama might not achieve the little Goodluck has achieved in the midst all aforementioned!
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by arsenal33: 3:25pm On Mar 22, 2015
You better get ready to pay more for fuel if PDP wins the elections. .....And there will be no working refineries anytime soon.

Oh, and the electricity charges will go back up too!

1 Like

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by cold(m): 3:27pm On Mar 22, 2015
Right now there's no point trying to convince supporters on either side in a bid to sway them. Both sides are deeply entrenched in their positions. Appealing to undecided voters should be the key campaign strategy in the coming days
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by firstolalekan(m): 3:27pm On Mar 22, 2015
mazzi:
u be foool! So we should shun history abi?
You are a silly biafran.
Let me tell you a story. It is titled
ORIGIN. The truth they say is bitter but I must just feed you
with it hoping that you will wake up from slumber.
Now open your ears and eyes and you should go ask your
father too about the authenticity of the story I'm about to
tell you.
Once upon a time, there was a warlord named Odumegwu
Ikemba Ojukwu.
He wrongly fought for the disintegration of Nigeria by trying
to carve out a biafran territory. This action led to a civil war
and ojukwu's actions led to the death of millions of Igbos.
Instead of standing by them to fight, he fled cowardly to
Ivory Coast on exile.
The actions of the Civil War are still unforgiven by the Igbos
and even their unborn children till today. They forgot the
then head of state (Gowon) was under a mandate to protect
the territorial integrity of Nigeria. Since the head of state
was a northerner, the Igbos have since hated the north and
the Yorubas who refused to support them in the treasonous
act then.
They are the major supporters of this failed government
even though it is obvious that it's not performing.
They prefer to suffer, live in penury and worship mediocrity
than to vote for change and better option. Funny enough,
even the real beyalsan don't even like this man and they
have been lamenting that they want change. When he was
their governor, the people complained a lot and even tagged
him the worst governor ever.
This is why they hate Buhari.
It is not about certificate.
It is not about religion.
It is not about age.
They consider him to be a wrong candidate whereas, had
APC presented a young hausa/yoruba in his 40's, they will
still label him no good.
No light
No job
No security
Dollar is now 210 to Naira
Yet, they want Continuity.
I traveled to Benin Republic last year and of the two weeks
that I spent there, power was only interrupted for 7 minutes.
In lagos, the Igbos claimed lagos is no man's land.
They said they are about 45% of the total population in
lagos! LOL!
Recently, they pledge their support for Jimi Agbaje while
their brother Bob is also contesting for the same position
under APGA. Is this not Hypocrisy?
Well, I was not surprised because even Ojukwu the greatest
Igbo man to ever lived could not even win an election in his
own constituency.
NB : I am not a bigot nor hate Igbos. In fact, most of my
friends including Francis and girl friends are Igbos.
This is just to educate the ignorant ones about the reason
why the Igbos decided to follow Jonathan like a fly following
a corpse to the grave.
NIGERIANS BE WISE.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Lambasts Aregbesola Over Owed WAEC Fees / PDP Youths Asks Dokpesi To Return Alleged Loot / 2023: Tinubu Has No Health Challenge ― Senator Nnamani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.