Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall (13737 Views)

SHOCKING: Buhari’s Minister, Mama Taraba Boasting How She Controls The Judiciary / Ministerial List: What Buhari Did That Shocked Tinubu, Osinbajo – New Telegraph / Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2015
firstolalekan:

You are a silly biafran.
Let me tell you a story. It is titled
ORIGIN. The truth they say is bitter but I must just feed you
with it hoping that you will wake up from slumber.
Now open your ears and eyes and you should go ask your
father too about the authenticity of the story I'm about to
tell you.
Once upon a time, there was a warlord named Odumegwu
Ikemba Ojukwu.
He wrongly fought for the disintegration of Nigeria by trying
to carve out a biafran territory. This action led to a civil war
and ojukwu's actions led to the death of millions of Igbos.
Instead of standing by them to fight, he fled cowardly to
Ivory Coast on exile.
The actions of the Civil War are still unforgiven by the Igbos
and even their unborn children till today. They forgot the
then head of state (Gowon) was under a mandate to protect
the territorial integrity of Nigeria. Since the head of state
was a northerner, the Igbos have since hated the north and
the Yorubas who refused to support them in the treasonous
act then.
They are the major supporters of this failed government
even though it is obvious that it's not performing.
They prefer to suffer, live in penury and worship mediocrity
than to vote for change and better option. Funny enough,
even the real beyalsan don't even like this man and they
have been lamenting that they want change. When he was
their governor, the people complained a lot and even tagged
him the worst governor ever.
This is why they hate Buhari.
It is not about certificate.
It is not about religion.
It is not about age.
They consider him to be a wrong candidate whereas, had
APC presented a young hausa/yoruba in his 40's, they will
still label him no good.
No light
No job
No security
Dollar is now 210 to Naira
Yet, they want Continuity.
I traveled to Benin Republic last year and of the two weeks
that I spent there, power was only interrupted for 7 minutes.
In lagos, the Igbos claimed lagos is no man's land.
They said they are about 45% of the total population in
lagos! LOL!
Recently, they pledge their support for Jimi Agbaje while
their brother Bob is also contesting for the same position
under APGA. Is this not Hypocrisy?
Well, I was not surprised because even Ojukwu the greatest
Igbo man to ever lived could not even win an election in his
own constituency.
NB : I am not a bigot nor hate Igbos. In fact, most of my
friends including Francis and girl friends are Igbos.
This is just to educate the ignorant ones about the reason
why the Igbos decided to follow Jonathan like a fly following
a corpse to the grave.
NIGERIANS BE WISE.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Thank u so much!
I used to say igbos should be very careful about their hatred towards northerners.
They should remember one day, one of them will go to north for their presidential campaign ambition in future.
Igbos are on lose side. This is glaring.

1 Like

Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by makzeze: 5:34pm On Mar 22, 2015
klodike:
Kai ubanka
very stupid specie
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by smemud(m): 5:43pm On Mar 22, 2015
mazzi:
u be foool! So we should shun history abi?
opunu which history did he increase the price atleast your master increase it from #65 to #97.
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by klodike(m): 5:53pm On Mar 22, 2015
Uwarka!!!
makzeze:
very stupid specie
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by klodike(m): 5:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
Some would say; that's your opinion.
Speakdatruth:
see earthquake wil not happen in nigeria n gej wil neva again rule nigerians
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by ribbit: 5:59pm On Mar 22, 2015
Premiumnoise:

Let us talk about history. Why was Nwobodo jailed by Buhari government in 1983?
he stole money not enough to buy peagout cry cry
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by makzeze: 6:06pm On Mar 22, 2015
klodike:
Uwarka!!!
banza kawai
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Xano(m): 6:12pm On Mar 22, 2015
As a former minister of petroleum,three refineries were built in the government Buhari served.

How many refineries has Dieziani and Jonathan built not to talk of putting the existing and non performing below capacity refineries to order?

Questions for Satanists to answer.

Try again. Verify before you 'spin' another one.

Matthewbriggs:

Buhari did not build any refinery biko. He just performed statutory role of signing the papers

Following the indigenization policy of the Federal Military Government under the Obasanjo’s regime, the name NPRC was changed to NNPC and its equity totally bought over by the Federal Government in 1978. Therefore, the NPRC constructed the first refinery in Nigeria generally known as Port Harcourt 1 in 1965 while the NNPC built the Port Harcourt 11, Warri and Kaduna refineries.

However, the Warri Refinery was awarded by Yakubu Gowon to Snamprogetti Spa Milan, Italy in 1975 (in this period, Buhari was the governor of North-eastern state) at the cost of $478 million and commenced operation in 1978 (now he was a Petroleum. Minister). It had the design capacity of 100,000 b/d.

The Kaduna Refinery was awarded by Murtala Mohammed in 1976 and was built by Chiyoda Engineering and Construction Company - a Japanese firm, at the cost of $525 million and was completed by Obasanjo in 1979 (Buhari's tenure as the Petroleum. Minister ended in 1978). It had two refining streams (50,000 b/d fuels units) and (50,000 b/d lubes, waxes Asphalt plants).

Port Harcourt 11 was awarded by Gen IBB in 1985 with an installed capacity of 150,000 b/d and completed in 1989. Meanwhile in 1985, IBB undertook an expansion of the capacities of the fuels units in both Warri and Kaduna refineries to 125,000b/d and 110,000b/d respectively. He therefore added 185,000b/d capacity to the total 445,000b/d as at 1989. No further addition has been added till date.

Source:http://newsdayreporters.com/what-s-hot/536-specialreport-muhammadu-buhari-did-not-build-any-refinery-for-nigeria-editorial-newsday-reporters.html

So, when did Buhari build the four refineries?

Please tell me another lie.

Thank you.
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Youngzedd(m): 6:27pm On Mar 22, 2015
Matthewbriggs:
I would love to hear any APC supporter contradict this.

It is popular knowledge that Muhammadu Buhari's APC, have been calling for an immediate price reduction on fuel products to reflect the down scaling in global oil prices. Something he never did in his time.

Feul price changes of administration before and after him.

•Obasanjo - from 9k to 15.3k
•Shagari - from 15.3k to 20k
•Buhari - from 20k to 20k (Price remains the same)
•Babangida - from 20k to 39.5k

In the glut of 1984, oil prices slumped from around $30 to about $14 (53% drop), the Nigerian dictator (Buhari) at that time did not reduce the pump price of petrol. Thirty years later, in a similar circumstance but with a price slump of 50%, President Jonathan reduces the pump price by N10.

I just bought 10 litters for 870N.

APC stop this hypocrisy you are sharing oh.

GEJ till 2019

Source of Chart http://chartsbin.com/view/oau

Who increased it to 97 NGN before?
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Youngzedd(m): 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2015
firstolalekan:

You are a silly biafran.
Let me tell you a story. It is titled
ORIGIN. The truth they say is bitter but I must just feed you
with it hoping that you will wake up from slumber.
Now open your ears and eyes and you should go ask your
father too about the authenticity of the story I'm about to
tell you.
Once upon a time, there was a warlord named Odumegwu
Ikemba Ojukwu.
He wrongly fought for the disintegration of Nigeria by trying
to carve out a biafran territory. This action led to a civil war
and ojukwu's actions led to the death of millions of Igbos.
Instead of standing by them to fight, he fled cowardly to
Ivory Coast on exile.
The actions of the Civil War are still unforgiven by the Igbos
and even their unborn children till today. They forgot the
then head of state (Gowon) was under a mandate to protect
the territorial integrity of Nigeria. Since the head of state
was a northerner, the Igbos have since hated the north and
the Yorubas who refused to support them in the treasonous
act then.
They are the major supporters of this failed government
even though it is obvious that it's not performing.
They prefer to suffer, live in penury and worship mediocrity
than to vote for change and better option. Funny enough,
even the real beyalsan don't even like this man and they
have been lamenting that they want change. When he was
their governor, the people complained a lot and even tagged
him the worst governor ever.
This is why they hate Buhari.
It is not about certificate.
It is not about religion.
It is not about age.
They consider him to be a wrong candidate whereas, had
APC presented a young hausa/yoruba in his 40's, they will
still label him no good.
No light
No job
No security
Dollar is now 210 to Naira
Yet, they want Continuity.
I traveled to Benin Republic last year and of the two weeks
that I spent there, power was only interrupted for 7 minutes.
In lagos, the Igbos claimed lagos is no man's land.
They said they are about 45% of the total population in
lagos! LOL!
Recently, they pledge their support for Jimi Agbaje while
their brother Bob is also contesting for the same position
under APGA. Is this not Hypocrisy?
Well, I was not surprised because even Ojukwu the greatest
Igbo man to ever lived could not even win an election in his
own constituency.
NB : I am not a bigot nor hate Igbos. In fact, most of my
friends including Francis and girl friends are Igbos.
This is just to educate the ignorant ones about the reason
why the Igbos decided to follow Jonathan like a fly following
a corpse to the grave.
NIGERIANS BE WISE.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

Well said, the truth is that most of my Igbo brothers don't read to know, the little they were told they will not do research to see if it's non fiction or fiction.

They just assimilate everything without questioning and reasoning.

If any of those vomiting shit happens to be in the position of Gowon and Buhari they will do worst.

I commento ma reservo.
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by klodike(m): 6:49pm On Mar 22, 2015
Alede kaman ka
makzeze:
banza kawai
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by gemick(m): 7:04pm On Mar 22, 2015
Premiumnoise

I can smell your desperation from my computer screen

Focus on the issues facing Nigeria today

chairman how come now that buhari is involved how come its no longer an issue facing Nigeria today. this is one of the greatest reason for the depression of the naira....why do we defend this people neither buhari no goodluck is a better candidate. please list d issues facing nigeria today.
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by makzeze: 7:12pm On Mar 22, 2015
klodike:
Alede kaman ka
battin faida ba. Ala nya shimozo
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by ezechyke: 7:18pm On Mar 22, 2015
International oil pricing had little influence on our retail prices as our refining was done domestically.
On the contrary, if the international crude prices fell, Nigeria would have earned less money from crude sales. The government could have actually justified a retail price increase (as apparently was the popular trend). It says a lot that the pricing was maintained at a stable level.
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Ephemmm: 7:29pm On Mar 22, 2015
xreal:
but, he left it the way he met it, isn't?

this man from bayelsa almost doubled the price. And because we are clamoring for CHANGE, he decided to give us 10naira change.

Clueless man.

He even remove our subsidy out of petroleum price without any impact
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by klodike(m): 8:04pm On Mar 22, 2015
Ashba an niwon. Awno yinyo embi
makzeze:
battin faida ba. Ala nya shimozo
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 22, 2015
First Buhari regime began 1st January 1984, the fall occurred during Shagari's government.

Secondly, why would fuel prices be affected by world crude oil prices?

Nigeria was not importing fuel, so the cost of world crude oil prices would not effect cost of fuel.

Fuel prices in Nigeria was simply made up from the cost of extracting oil + cost of refining oil+ cost of transportation, non of these factors are affected by world crude oil prices.

It was looters like Thief Obasanjo that started importing fuel and started the fuel subsidy scam.
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Dmh(f): 11:17pm On Mar 22, 2015
[quote author=xreal post=29946659]but, he left it the way he met it, isn't?

this man from bayelsa almost doubled the price. And because we are clamoring for CHANGE, he decided to give us 10naira change.

Clueless man

Jonathan shouldn't av given us d 10 naira CHANGE in d 1st place coz pump price is now 100 naira.soooo sad, APC.....anything but jona
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Dmh(f): 11:19pm On Mar 22, 2015
Jonathan shouldn't av given us d 10 naira CHANGE in d 1st place coz pump price is now 100 naira.soooo sad, APC.....anything but jona
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Laid2001: 12:45am On Mar 23, 2015
@op you surely are crazy.
even in the website you linked to your post, price of oil was between 28 and 30 dollars throughout GMB tenure between 1983 and 1985.
So how do you expect him to reduce price of oil!.

That is why you inflated the graph that is titled since 1861 and decided to cover up the year axis so that we will not see that you are bloody liar!.

The moderator should have yanked out this post for being half clever, in bad faith and a deliberate attempt to misinform Nigerians!
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by bede23(m): 1:20am On Mar 23, 2015
Matthewbriggs:
I would love to hear any APC supporter contradict this.

It is popular knowledge that Muhammadu Buhari's APC, have been calling for an immediate price reduction on fuel products to reflect the down scaling in global oil prices. Something he never did in his time.

Feul price changes of administration before and after him.

•Obasanjo - from 9k to 15.3k
•Shagari - from 15.3k to 20k
•Buhari - from 20k to 20k (Price remains the same)
•Babangida - from 20k to 39.5k

In the glut of 1984, oil prices slumped from around $30 to about $14 (53% drop), the Nigerian dictator (Buhari) at that time did not reduce the pump price of petrol. Thirty years later, in a similar circumstance but with a price slump of 50%, President Jonathan reduces the pump price by N10.

I just bought 10 litters for 870N.

APC stop this hypocrisy you are sharing oh.

GEJ till 2019

Source of Chart http://chartsbin.com/view/oau
atleast he didn't increase it
Re: Shocking!!! Buhari did not Reduce fuel Price In His Time despite Oil price fall by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 11, 2015
Put simply Nigerians during were not charged for the crude oil during Buhari's time, fuel prices was made up from the cost of extracting fuel, refining fuel and transportation to and from refineries.
This means the cost of crude had no bearing on fuel prices.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Lawmakers Dump APC, 1 Abandons PDP / Azeez Maruf 'Tula Oyo' Kidnapped By Soldiers In Oyo - Family / NRM Gubernatorial Candidate In Adamawa, Aliyu Maina Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.