Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT (1706 Views)

Photos From 2015 NEDG Presidential Debate, GEJ Present, GMB Absent / TMG Dissociate Self From Presidential Debates, Accuse Organizers Of Fraud / Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by Nobody: 2:59am On Jan 20, 2015
The Nigeria Elections Debate
Group (NEDG) on Monday in
Abuja said the 2015
presidential debates would
hold between Jan. 28 and
Feb 5.
The Chairman of the Board
of Trustees of NEDG, Mr Sola
Omole, disclosed this to
newsmen after a meeting
of the board, hosted by the
former Chairman of Daar
Communications Plc, Chief
Raymond Dokpesi.
Omole said that the
Directors-General of the
Presidential Campaign
Organisations of the 14
participating political
parties would open the
floor on Jan. 28.
This, according to him, will
be followed by the Vice-
Presidential debates, billed
for Jan. 29.
He said the debates
involving the presidential
candidates would hold in
two sessions and would
climax on Feb. 5.
Omole said that the group
had contacted all the parties
involved, adding that they
all support the idea.
``We believe that debates
are very important
components of the
democratic process aimed
at giving the candidates the
opportunity to speak
directly to Nigerians.
``We want the Nigerian
community to get used to
the business of debating
issues and we feel that this
is a very strong part of
building that culture
``We have met with all the
political parties, those we
couldn’t meet directly, we
contacted their senior
officials and they are very
supportive of the initiative,’’
he said.
The News Agency of Nigeria
(NAN) reports that NEDG is a
coalition of broadcast, civil
society and professional
organisations, committed to
deepening the country's
democracy.
It is also aimed at
entrenching an enduring
democratic culture through
organised television
debates since the return of
democratic rule in 1999.
NEDG has put together the
presidential debates to give
the Nigerian electorate an
opportunity to hear directly
from all the presidential
candidates. (NAN)
http://aitonline.tv/post-2015__nedg_releases_timetable_for_presidential_debates
Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by kingstylo01(m): 3:09am On Jan 20, 2015
Nice
Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by jorlons(m): 3:20am On Jan 20, 2015
ok
Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by FastShipping: 3:25am On Jan 20, 2015
Good one. I hope Jonathan shows up this time.

1 Like

Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by asadike(f): 3:26am On Jan 20, 2015
I can't wait.
Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 3:30am On Jan 20, 2015
Let hear new promises from them.
Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by lyntiffany(f): 3:37am On Jan 20, 2015
I know GEJ the wise king solomon, the master planner and the uncommon transformation man will do what he knows how to do best.

GEJ till BUHARI TAKES SLATE BACK TO SCHOOL.

1 Like

Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by jammani(m): 3:38am On Jan 20, 2015
...Even Obama sef want change

Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 4:11am On Jan 20, 2015
you sure say this thing will hold perhaps this will be the first delegation of duties if possible for somebody
Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by Nobody: 5:39am On Jan 20, 2015
The most interesting will be the intellectual battle between osinbajo and samboboribobo

we all know jona will not show up even if he does trust me he'll always end up promising and saying rubbish

GMB is the man!!! certificate don't have anything to do with intelligence and good governance

Sai buhari
Sai Osinbajo
Sai APC
Sai Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by yuio33: 5:46am On Jan 20, 2015
Jonathan feel they are all illiterate.
Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by ROCKJ1(m): 6:08am On Jan 20, 2015
I can't wait for Buhari to disgrace himself there. Hope he won't forget the name of his running mate again?

1 Like

Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by sunnyjeff55: 6:09am On Jan 20, 2015
He will run again, who bet
... And it's in FeBuhari.
I rep #change....
Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by size38: 7:28am On Jan 20, 2015
I hope GEJ will not take off again as he did in 2011?
Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by amakaobiemeka: 7:28am On Jan 20, 2015
I dont have faith i the debate, it is the same omole and thief dokpesi who are outrightly been bought over by pdp
Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by baybeeboi: 7:40am On Jan 20, 2015
Buhari and Sambo...hehe!!!
Am patiently waiting
Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 20, 2015
while everyone is interested in the SAMBO -PYO & GEJ -GMB face offs, am more interested in the DGs debate, ie ALLI-AMAECHI. promises to be full of fireworks. can't wait
Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 20, 2015
In forethought, many don't expect a good outing for GEJ, however if he does have a good outing, the sore loosers would say Dokpesi gave PDP expo. make I dey siddon look sha.
Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by kennydee05(m): 9:03am On Jan 20, 2015
lyntiffany:
I know GEJ the wise king solomon, the master planner and the uncommon transformation man will do what he knows how to do best.

GEJ till BUHARI TAKES SLATE BACK

just like he did in 2011.

Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by gurusmac4: 9:08am On Jan 20, 2015
HIT Like for #GMB2015 and Share For #GEJ2015
Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 20, 2015
A welcome development. We all hope that our clueless Presido grace the debate and not chicken out like he did 4years ago. Come see as the general thrash the clueless dumbo
Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by Trailblazer1(m): 9:14am On Jan 20, 2015
Debate? Chai....buhari is completely finished.

Just ask him to recite the national Anthem.

Case closed
Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 9:14am On Jan 20, 2015
If you want to embarrass GMD give him microphone (CLASSIC)
Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by meracool(m): 9:18am On Jan 20, 2015
I can't wait for the Debate I personally pray GEJ does not Miss this..

GMB/PYO for the rescue
Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by mumumugu(m): 9:25am On Jan 20, 2015
I am sure apc will delegate osibanjo to represent buhari cos they know that even madam patience will beat buhari hands down
Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by Trailblazer1(m): 9:39am On Jan 20, 2015
ROCKJ1:
I can't wait for Buhari to disgrace himself there. Hope he won't forget the name of his running mate again?

Qs 1. Gentlemen, kindly introduce yourselfs, by telling us your names, names of running mates and names of your campaign DG.

Qs 2. Gentlemen, could you please recite the 1st sttanza of the national anthem.

Qs 3. Kindly tell us your phone numbers

From this 3 questions who do you think will come last?
Re: 2015: NEDG Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - AIT by Nexxy007: 10:00am On Jan 20, 2015
i cant wait for Buhari to fumble and Jonathan to keep saying "stealing is not corruption"
lest i forget, the moderators should kindly ask GEJ his definition of corruption while at it

(1) (Reply)

Waiting For GEJ In Rivers State(pic) / Oshiomole Stopped All State Own Transport Service To Disfranchise Edo Citizens / Fatal Accident Along Akure-Owo Road Crushed Almost All Passengers Dead(Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.