Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? (48239 Views)

What Is The Work Of This Man Who Always Stands Behind Buhari? / The Strong Men Behind Buhari (Photos) / Exposed! Power Play Behind Buhari’s Super Ministers’ Appointments: Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by birdman(m): 11:36am On Jan 30, 2015
thoth:

I came back to Nigeria in August and has remained till now, i can tell you that the situation in the nation itself is not reflected neither in the news or in the net and i really wonder why, there is a sort of ripe tension in the atmosphere, all the Hausa guys in the east are going back North since early January and many Southerners in the north are coming down South ,this has never been witnessed before in the history of Nigeria, such ripe fear and expectation of disaster ready to be plucked by any "socially Aware" enemy nation with a functioning Psy-Ops team. The callousness by which the politicians go about their business irrespective of what is going on is bone chilling. The Mallam that guards my house just informed me he will be leaving on the 8th of next month, i never bothered to ask him why.
People are fully aware of the situation. Nigeria is a peculiar place, with the ability to absorb certain kinds of information. The nation is indeed on the edge, I can attest to that. But it will survive. The tension is everywhere, but I believe the irresponsible utterances of certain leaders is not only making the east look more dangerous than it really is, it is putting the east in a politically disadvantaged situation regardless of who wins. *shakes head*

Buhari will win but will not serve his full tenure as the president which will then result in the breakup of Nigeria and civil war: with the western imperialist prediction that Nigeria will breakup by 2015 in mind, and the subsequent appearance of terrorism in the form of Bokoharam, the heightened tribal sentiments that sorrounds Nigerian politics, If Buhari wins the presidential election, the CIA might choose to assassinate him in order to have the north interpret it as a ploy by the southern Nigerians to deny them a position that they won free and fair, violence will follow which enemy agents whom are expecting such outcomes will fan and support with weapons,logistics and diplomatic support and raise it to a full blown civil war. GEJ’s silly decisions to allow foreign security agents into the nations security apparatus has given the enemies the opportunities to recruit as much insiders as possible making it easier to assassinate any president in office and incapacitate the national security’s efforts to contain the violence that follows. APC candidates are few whom has not blown their cover as western puppets. Can we sincerely ask what happens if Buhari gets assassinated ?

I think you have an unnerving faith in the ability of external opposition to scuttle Nigeria. The APC folks laid the groundwork to protect from the scenario you described. It was subtle, and most people missed it, but your scenario is unlikely for that reason. I personally do not like Tinubu, but I have to say I admire his foresight on this. A series of events and meetings took place about 3-5 months ago and Buhari has been presented to world power brokers (individuals not countries). At this point, touching Buhari is very unlikely. The only wahala I forsee is that GEJ actually is not very bright. In a fit of panic, he may take foolish advice and try to 'solve' the Buhari wahala. Even this scenario will not break up the country. There are spiritual and material underpinnings that are keeping Nigeria together as we speak, and it is going to take more than a panicked presido to scuttle what appears to be the long range destiny of Nigeria.

Anyone who has any sort of prayer life ought to be praying for the country right now.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 30, 2015
thoth raises valid points.
Although there are dangers ahead for our nation there is even more need for a leader that we can trust than ever before. That leader is Buhari and although he has already survived one attempt on his life, his love for our nation would not allow him to stop his quest to save the nation.

I hope all evil plans against Nigeria and the peoples General fails.
We must remain positive.

I am counting on Nigeria's ability to endure to frustrate external forces planning our disintegration.

Viva Buhari !
birdman:

People are fully aware of the situation. Nigeria is a peculiar place, with the ability to absorb certain kinds of information. The nation is indeed on the edge, I can attest to that. But it will survive. The tension is everywhere, but I believe the irresponsible utterances of certain leaders is not only making the east look more dangerous than it really is, it is putting the east in a politically disadvantaged situation regardless of who wins. *shakes head*

I think you have an unnerving faith in the ability of external opposition to scuttle Nigeria. The APC folks laid the groundwork to protect from the scenario you described. It was subtle, and most people missed it, but your scenario is unlikely for that reason. I personally do not like Tinubu, but I have to say I admire his foresight on this. A series of events and meetings took place about 3-5 months ago and Buhari has been presented to world power brokers (individuals not countries). At this point, touching Buhari is very unlikely. The only wahala I forsee is that GEJ actually is not very bright. In a fit of panic, he may take foolish advice and try to 'solve' the Buhari wahala. Even this scenario will not break up the country. There are spiritual and material underpinnings that are keeping Nigeria together as we speak, and it is going to take more than a panicked presido to scuttle what appears to be the long range destiny of Nigeria.

Anyone who has any sort of prayer life ought to be praying for the country right now.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by thoth: 2:13pm On Jan 30, 2015
@birdman

you miss the point, the point is that Tinubu is soiled beyond repair, he is a fully sworn and dedicated puppet of the imperialists and a man with no conscience. Anything that goes with APC is bad for Nigeria. Believe me i won't be saying this last September but i have seen and verified things that changed my stand.
Buhari on his own is not that same guy of the early 80's , people will recall this statement later.

PDP is not better than APC though, and either of the parties winning does not avert what is waiting for Nigeria. both are corrupt, and on the pocket of the West. Nigerians don't have a choice as it is. but if at all there can be determined intelligent efforts to put back the Moronic clueless Jonathan in Power without offsetting mayhem; Nigeria can buy more time and hopefully just hopefully some people might do the right thing and bring this nation to it's senses.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 30, 2015
I think that the sooner Nigeria gets Buhari the better Nigeria chances of survival.

You are very wrong about Buhari being only interested in the North. Nothing in his track record supports that assertion.

I think playing for time until military are forced to intervene is also a risky strategy because there is a chance that the military may be sponsored by our enemies who want us broken up.

thoth:
@birdman

you miss the point, the point is that Tinubu is soiled beyond repair, he is a fully sworn and dedicated puppet of the imperialists and a man with no conscience. Anything that goes with APC is bad for Nigeria. Believe me i won't be saying this last September but i have seen and verified things that changed my stand.
Buhari on his own is not that same guy of the early 80's , people will recall this statement later.

PDP is not better than APC though, and either of the parties winning does not avert what is waiting for Nigeria. both are corrupt, and on the pocket of the West. Nigerians don't have a choice as it is. but if at all there can be determined intelligent efforts to put back the Moronic clueless Jonathan in Power without offsetting mayhem; Nigeria can buy more time and hopefully just hopefully some people might do the right thing and bring this nation to it's senses.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by igbo2011(m): 9:05pm On Jan 30, 2015
thoth:

Not really, i came down for the election. I am just intent on observing. it's preparations, execution and the post-election processes. After that i am done.
Stay safe brother . I really love your posts and the way you think. There are not many people of African descent who think like you. It is hard to find and quite disheartening. You need to stay alive and spread your message to more people.

Let the ancestors bless you brother, you are a warrior in the information and knowledge battle.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by thoth: 11:36pm On Jan 30, 2015
GenBuhari:
I think that the sooner Nigeria gets Buhari the better Nigeria chances of survival.

You are very wrong about Buhari being only interested in the North. Nothing in his track record supports that assertion.

I think playing for time until military are forced to intervene is also a risky strategy because there is a chance that the military may be sponsored by our enemies who want us broken up.

I know you do like the Man, i used to like him too, i am not the sort that would try to defame an innocent man, but there is a lot that is going on that you don't know about.

There are basically three ways to observe an ongoing operation, one is within the operation itself, seeing what the actors see and trying to feel out what they might be thinking, what motivates the decision they make and what is their immediate objectives.
The second way is to observe from outside the operation, trying to understand the actors outside the peripheral that controls and manipulates the ongoing systems, trying to find out what leverage(what bargain they use to gain control) they have on the actors within the operations,the relationship of the ongoing operations with other active operations, this gives you the bigger picture and a clue to what the objective of the external actors might be.
Thirdly is what many might call the Amoeba approach, seeing the whole operation as an organism and trying to relate with the information you have of its characteristics how it might want to adapt(continuity) to opposing factors which its own survival(adaptation) depends on eliminating it.

On this Nigerian issue particularly Buhari/APC issue , it looks rather disgusting on whatever level you choose to view it from. As i mentioned earlier i won't want to say things that someone would ask me to prove but i will try to use what is open out there to create an incomplete but useful picture for you.

Looking at it from within, level zero, what are the guys in APC including Buhari seeing and what decisions have they made and what do they believe(or lead to believe) they will achieve.
Their Goal: presidency.
Decision so far: I will quote a pro Buhari poster "birdman" in his post above
The APC folks laid the groundwork
to protect from the scenario you described.
It was subtle, and most people missed it,
but your scenario is unlikely for that reason.
I personally do not like Tinubu, but I have
to say I admire his foresight on this. A
series of events and meetings took place
about 3-5 months ago and Buhari has been
presented to world power brokers
(individuals not countries). At this point,
touching Buhari is very unlikely.

What does this tell you ? What can you get out of this piece of information ? Here is someone who has not been president yet but is already selling out to the imperialists, sworn enemies of Africa,the same people he claims to hate, same ones you horn around how he fought against, i can tell you this and stand on it, this is just a tip of the iceberg, but as i said earlier i won't say things that you might ask for proof about. This scenario is seeing it through within the organization, Buhari sees it that by pledging allegiance to the powers that be he gets his presidency, a level higher (Tinubu's)Tinubu sees it that if he brings his sacred cow to his handlers(whom advised and arranged the meeting) he has a better chance of sustaining their support. A level higher(handlers view) the handlers believes getting a leverage on all the APC candidates would mean they can coordinate the whole operations and decisions to meet whatever their objectives are,whether civil war, prolonged mayhem or anything you can think of.

You can now see how different levels see different things all which are all valid and real to the actors.
Now Buhari is not so different from Obasanjo or IBB is he ?
Still within the organization, Buhari has been known for post election violence, the last one was quite pronounced, at the moment the northern youths are already saying what they would do should Buhari lose the election, many are already taunting southern businessmen and saying how they will loot their shops once they all run back to the east for their safety . With all this open declaration of war and considering what happened after the last election which i believe if repeated would result in a very different and more cataclysmic outcome, have you seen or heard Buhari caution or condemn the northern youths or his supporters against violence ? Have you ? Why would he be quiet on such a delicate matter, might it mean that he hopes to use it afterall? Since no APC top figure has warned against it might it be that it is part of their post election plan which they fully wish to activate ? Why hasn't the so called power brokers having full knowledge of Buhari's past post election violence never warned him or even made it a precondition for his support ? Might it be that those power brokers are counting on that to reach another goal which is quite different from what the APC morons have in mind ?
Enough of the level Zero viewpoint, let's move to Level one, here it will make things simple if you look at APC and PDP and Boko Haram each as a single unit on its own without reducing it to actors within like Buhari or Jonathan or tinubu. We should bear in mind that just as APC has prioritized it's allegiance to foreign powers over that of the masses that PDP as well has made such priorities and each group relies more on foreign powers to succeed rather than the people or the election, extending that fact, that each group in order to acquire such privilege must have to prioritize the interest of the foreign power brokers(individuals mind you) over the interest of the masses, and if we are allowed further extension,that those foreign powers by this virtue are (syllogically) the direct actors to whatever APC or PDP does, not Buhari ,not Tinubu, not Jonathan, or anybody else, they are just pawns on a table with no control whatsoever on their actions.
Having this picture as the preconditions or platform which we would use to understand this level we can now ask , What are the goals of these power brokers ? Better Nigeria? Equitable distribution of wealth ? That Nigeria defeatsBoko Haram ? Better Democracy ? Putting a halt on the ongoing privatization of state and national assets ? We can't deny that Nigeria needs all the measures stated above but do you sincerely believe Messrs Power Broker wants any of them for us ? if they do what do they hopeto profit from it ? Your guess is as good as mine, and i won't state any negative objectives that they might want since the topic of neocolonialism and the context on which it operates is something you are well versed on.
So let's now examine the relationships; how can the relationship between these foreigners and their subjects(APC, PDP, Boko Haram) be described ? Equal standing or master-servant class ? It is natural of any dependent system and its privileged Service provider coexist on a master-servant classification.
What is the relationship between these power brokers, might they be afterall the same group sponsoring both sides just to make sure the end result is the one they envisage, might they be opposing groups that can fight their proxy battles with the pawns. Last time you checked which powers are APC backers, which ones always borrow to their governors, which one are they following their neoliberal model of economy ? Which power backs PDP and Obasanjo, which guys do they always run to before deciding how to design their policies ?

This post is getting really long against the unstated but well known and observed rules of Nairaland LOL, but i do believe it gives us all a few bits to chew on.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 01, 2015
Your analysis pass my level.

but I disagree that Buhari ever supported violence. You seem to have bought into PDP govt propaganda aimed to dicredit b
Buhari.

I have see video of news report saying Buhari was appealing to his supporters to stay calm and obey all laws, soon after 2011 election results were announced.

If this is only reason u now dislike Buhari then you may need to review your stand in light of this evidence.
thoth:

I know you do like the Man, i used to like him too, i am not the sort that would try to defame an innocent man, but there is a lot that is going on that you don't know about.

There are basically three ways to observe an ongoing operation, one is within the operation itself, seeing what the actors see and trying to feel out what they might be thinking, what motivates the decision they make and what is their immediate objectives.
The second way is to observe from outside the operation, trying to understand the actors outside the peripheral that controls and manipulates the ongoing systems, trying to find out what leverage(what bargain they use to gain control) they have on the actors within the operations,the relationship of the ongoing operations with other active operations, this gives you the bigger picture and a clue to what the objective of the external actors might be.
Thirdly is what many might call the Amoeba approach, seeing the whole operation as an organism and trying to relate with the information you have of its characteristics how it might want to adapt(continuity) to opposing factors which its own survival(adaptation) depends on eliminating it.

On this Nigerian issue particularly Buhari/APC issue , it looks rather disgusting on whatever level you choose to view it from. As i mentioned earlier i won't want to say things that someone would ask me to prove but i will try to use what is open out there to create an incomplete but useful picture for you.

Looking at it from within, level zero, what are the guys in APC including Buhari seeing and what decisions have they made and what do they believe(or lead to believe) they will achieve.
Their Goal: presidency.

What does this tell you ? What can you get out of this piece of information ? Here is someone who has not been president yet but is already selling out to the imperialists, sworn enemies of Africa,the same people he claims to hate, same ones you horn around how he fought against, i can tell you this and stand on it, this is just a tip of the iceberg, but as i said earlier i won't say things that you might ask for proof about. This scenario is seeing it through within the organization, Buhari sees it that by pledging allegiance to the powers that be he gets his presidency, a level higher (Tinubu's)Tinubu sees it that if he brings his sacred cow to his handlers(whom advised and arranged the meeting) he has a better chance of sustaining their support. A level higher(handlers view) the handlers believes getting a leverage on all the APC candidates would mean they can coordinate the whole operations and decisions to meet whatever their objectives are,whether civil war, prolonged mayhem or anything you can think of.

You can now see how different levels see different things all which are all valid and real to the actors.
Now Buhari is not so different from Obasanjo or IBB is he ?
Still within the organization, Buhari has been known for post election violence, the last one was quite pronounced, at the moment the northern youths are already saying what they would do should Buhari lose the election, many are already taunting southern businessmen and saying how they will loot their shops once they all run back to the east for their safety . With all this open declaration of war and considering what happened after the last election which i believe if repeated would result in a very different and more cataclysmic outcome, have you seen or heard Buhari caution or condemn the northern youths or his supporters against violence ? Have you ? Why would he be quiet on such a delicate matter, might it mean that he hopes to use it afterall? Since no APC top figure has warned against it might it be that it is part of their post election plan which they fully wish to activate ? Why hasn't the so called power brokers having full knowledge of Buhari's past post election violence never warned him or even made it a precondition for his support ? Might it be that those power brokers are counting on that to reach another goal which is quite different from what the APC morons have in mind ?
Enough of the level Zero viewpoint, let's move to Level one, here it will make things simple if you look at APC and PDP and Boko Haram each as a single unit on its own without reducing it to actors within like Buhari or Jonathan or tinubu. We should bear in mind that just as APC has prioritized it's allegiance to foreign powers over that of the masses that PDP as well has made such priorities and each group relies more on foreign powers to succeed rather than the people or the election, extending that fact, that each group in order to acquire such privilege must have to prioritize the interest of the foreign power brokers(individuals mind you) over the interest of the masses, and if we are allowed further extension,that those foreign powers by this virtue are (syllogically) the direct actors to whatever APC or PDP does, not Buhari ,not Tinubu, not Jonathan, or anybody else, they are just pawns on a table with no control whatsoever on their actions.
Having this picture as the preconditions or platform which we would use to understand this level we can now ask , What are the goals of these power brokers ? Better Nigeria? Equitable distribution of wealth ? That Nigeria defeatsBoko Haram ? Better Democracy ? Putting a halt on the ongoing privatization of state and national assets ? We can't deny that Nigeria needs all the measures stated above but do you sincerely believe Messrs Power Broker wants any of them for us ? if they do what do they hopeto profit from it ? Your guess is as good as mine, and i won't state any negative objectives that they might want since the topic of neocolonialism and the context on which it operates is something you are well versed on.
So let's now examine the relationships; how can the relationship between these foreigners and their subjects(APC, PDP, Boko Haram) be described ? Equal standing or master-servant class ? It is natural of any dependent system and its privileged Service provider coexist on a master-servant classification.
What is the relationship between these power brokers, might they be afterall the same group sponsoring both sides just to make sure the end result is the one they envisage, might they be opposing groups that can fight their proxy battles with the pawns. Last time you checked which powers are APC backers, which ones always borrow to their governors, which one are they following their neoliberal model of economy ? Which power backs PDP and Obasanjo, which guys do they always run to before deciding how to design their policies ?

This post is getting really long against the unstated but well known and observed rules of Nairaland LOL, but i do believe it gives us all a few bits to chew on.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by birdman(m): 4:59am On Feb 02, 2015
thoth:

I'll stick to my part of your long post.

1. When Obama visited other countries during his first presidential run, was he selling out to Kenya, Europe etc ?
2. When our founding fathers (Awo, Zik, Bello etc) visited Britain, USA etc during our push for independence, were they selling out?
3. When Jonathan visited the US, did he sell us out?

Do you not understand that when you are running for power in a country that is a regional hegemon, the statesmanly thing is to visit the stakeholders of other regional powers, state your views and establish yourself? Doing so not only sets the stage for a relationship if you do win, it sends a signal to every regionalpower that in the interest of peace and stability, the visitor must be protected. Do you think Kerry visiting Nigeria and insinuating that the president cannot bully Buhari was an accident?

I bring up these points, because it speaks to a larger issue here, namely your penchant for connecting evidence where there is none. I have often time disagreed with you, and a few others for this conspiracy minded rhetoric. There is a difference between being on guard and chasing every shadow.

Unless you have proof that Buhari compromised himself in these state visits, you are simply passing theories up as facts. Its time for Nigerians to WAKE UP and stop playing games. When we clearly see two candidates and wht they stand who, who supports them and their track record, the choice is very clear. I have a whole lot more respect for people who choose either side. Anyone sitting on the fence at this point is blind and doesnt know it.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by thoth: 9:18am On Feb 02, 2015
birdman:

I'll stick to my part of your long post.

1. When Obama visited other countries during his first presidential run, was he selling out to Kenya, Europe etc ?
2. When our founding fathers (Awo, Zik, Bello etc) visited Britain, USA etc during our push for independence, were they selling out?
3. When Jonathan visited the US, did he sell us out?

i will say yes to your first question but not that Obama is selling out to Kenya but that he was entrapping Kenya to be sold, that relationship(as they were meant to believe) was what lead Kenya into US terror fold, and sending troops to Somalia, that relationship was what has messed Kenya up with IMF/ICC/WHO etc cus they fell in with the mindset that Obama is a friend.

I will say NO to your second question but not because the question is valid or can successfully be compared to the situation we were talking about but i am saying NO because those two events does not share any characteristics apart from the names of Nations involved. the question you should have asked to validate that response is " was Nigeria at that time going to UK/USA as a sovereign Nation ? Are we going to UK as a Sovereign Nation that has all the right to determine its future and that of its citizens and independently charting the course of our development ? NO, we were a colonial property and that is an open fact, there you are. In Buhari's case(i may say Tinubus ) this is a simple case of asking for foreign parasitic interference in Nigerian affairs as long as it serves their selfish political ambitions, it's not the first time we've seen this and i wonder whats surprising about that, put simply Nigerians are sold out even before they vote a leader.

On your third Question my answer is Yes,Yes and Yes again. the only avenue Jonathan's regime has been effective is in selling out Nigeria, Jonathan/Okonjo/Madueke trio. As a Buhari supporter i don't expect you to ask how Jonathan sold out.

On the rest of your post it reaffirms what i heard in a discussion with Namibian brothers last June, that most African nations has been under neocolonialism long enough that they now not only accept it as a natural extension of their polity but they will suffer paralysis if such appendage is to be severed.

Before you start screaming conspiracy theories, i am not the sort that theorize, since i always lose my focus doing that, rather i apply simple syllogisms to facts. 2 plus 2 will always be four. and if it's raining outside and you go out without your umbrella or raincoats you will be soaked, now screaming conspiracy when a man simply asked for an umbrella because it is raining is a bit extreme isn't it ?
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by thoth: 9:31am On Feb 02, 2015
@Genbuhari

I don't know about the videos maybe you can link me to one, it will b of great help to me personally.

Our point of interest should be in this situation(2015 election), to show an evidence(or lack of it) that Buhari does not employ violence or has plans to use it. Evidence in the sort of Buhari directly imploring the Northern masses to desist from using violence on their fellow citizens. Post Election Violence has always been the spearhead of PDP campaign against Buhari, with pictures of dead youth corpers to show for it, Buhari has always tried very hard to reproach other claims against him, waec results, coup detat, PTF,Oputa Panel etc but why won't he reproach this most important claim by condemning post election violence.

NB: if such evidence is to be valid then Buhari himself will have to make the declaration, it's one thing for any other APC member to declare opposition to violence and it's another for Buhari to make such declaration himself.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 02, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ5KQiIqikM
thoth:
@Genbuhari

I don't know about the videos maybe you can link me to one, it will b of great help to me personally.

Our point of interest should be in this situation(2015 election), to show an evidence(or lack of it) that Buhari does not employ violence or has plans to use it. Evidence in the sort of Buhari directly imploring the Northern masses to desist from using violence on their fellow citizens. Post Election Violence has always been the spearhead of PDP campaign against Buhari, with pictures of dead youth corpers to show for it, Buhari has always tried very hard to reproach other claims against him, waec results, coup detat, PTF,Oputa Panel etc but why won't he reproach this most important claim by condemning post election violence.

NB: if such evidence is to be valid then Buhari himself will have to make the declaration, it's one thing for any other APC member to declare opposition to violence and it's another for Buhari to make such declaration himself.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 02, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFctZWlShRk

I am surprised that you appear to have allowed yourself to be deceived by PDP / anti-Buhari propaganda.

Your apparent inability to verify whether the lies you heard about Buhari are true, before accepting them as the truth, makes me question the source that you are getting your information about APC, Tinubu etc and whether it is true.

I suggest you should now critcally question which ever source you are getting your information.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by anonimi: 1:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
GenBuhari:

I am surprised that you appear to have allowed yourself to be deceived by PDP / anti-Buhari propaganda.

Your apparent inability to verify whether the lies you heard about Buhari are true, before accepting them as the truth, makes me question the source that you are getting your information about APC, Tinubu etc and whether it is true.

I suggest you should now critcally question which ever source you are getting your information.

Please show us where he condemned the violence on BBC Hausa service.
Thanks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 02, 2015
Watch the video
anonimi:

Please show us where he condemned the violence on BBC Hausa service.
Thanks.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by thoth: 2:37pm On Feb 02, 2015
GenBuhari:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ5KQiIqikM
i clicked on the link twice and it says " this video is not available"

Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by thoth: 3:02pm On Feb 02, 2015
GenBuhari:

I can't see Buhari saying anything, i can't even see any APC member saying anything that resembles condemnation of violence. This kind of Machiavellian ploy of distancing the party from it's own machinations has been used and Abused several times that it no longer would hold. I still promise you i will strongly stand for Buhari if he comes out on a national media and condemns violence. not some reporter says, not some spokesperson said , not some northern elder says.

I never hated that guy, i will always protect him if he gets attacked unjustly, but the lengths he has gone and utterances which he had made in private made me to change my mind about him. i am not interested in any political party, if i will have my way none of the PDP members will be out of jail but that does not mean supporting a walking time Bomb.

My source is highly reliable, i always have evidence ,either audio or video to validate my information, we had people in both parties and some other little unknown parties as well.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 02, 2015
So what u are implying is that the tv news station is making it up that Buhari condemned the violence?

So unless you see Buhari on video condemning the violence u wont believe?

So how is it that you readily believe that Buhari supports violence even without seeing a video of him supporting violence?
thoth:

I can't see Buhari saying anything, i can't even see any APC member saying anything that resembles condemnation of violence. This kind of Machiavellian ploy of distancing the party from it's own machinations has been used and Abused several times that it no longer would hold. I still promise you i will strongly stand for Buhari if he comes out on a national media and condemns violence. not some reporter says, not some spokesperson said , not some northern elder says.

I never hated that guy, i will always protect him if he gets attacked unjustly, but the lengths he has gone and utterances which he had made in private made me to change my mind about him. i am not interested in any political party, if i will have my way none of the PDP members will be out of jail but that does not mean supporting a walking time Bomb.

My source is highly reliable, i always have evidence ,either audio or video to validate my information, we had people in both parties and some other little unknown parties as well.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by thoth: 10:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
GenBuhari:
So what u are implying is that the tv news station is making it up that Buhari condemned the violence?

So unless you see Buhari on video condemning the violence u wont believe?

So how is it that you readily believe that Buhari supports violence even without seeing a video of him supporting violence?

No that is not my point, what i am trying to say is that a news Repoter saying that Buhari said does not and cannot have any effect on the re-occurrence of post-election violence, Buhari of all people knows this, this is a subtle move that is easily neglected by the masses, majority whom are ignorant.

I can assure you no post-election violence if Buhari ever says it in a televised easily rebroadcast form. Please don't just take their words, these men are as reckless as they are diabolic.

I can validate the statement that Buhari supports violence by inference, this claim will cease to uphold if you can show me where Buhari condemned the mayhem his supporters unleashed after he lost the last election. no reporter said or newspaper said Buhari said but Buhari himself saying.

It's very important for you to keep in mind that i am not condemning Buhari in favor to any other candidate but i only trying clarify my position on my earlier posts.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 03, 2015
You are saying that in 2011 very soon after election results when the tv newscaster said that Buhari was appealing to his supporters remain calm and to obey all laws, the newscaster was making it up? why would they do that?

What proof do you have that Buhari supporters have a monopoly on violence?

Does the PDP govt not have any responsibility for the violence that occurred? Did they not have the power to ensure that troops were deployed in the region in anticipation of violence especially given the rigging of the election was more obvious in the North? (When they saw how Buhari rallies shut down the entire towns and see election results that gave Jonathan 49% of the votes in the same Northern towns.

I am sure if you search for videos of Buhari interviews you may find that he has stated his opposition to violence when he has been asked.

I still think you are being unfair to Buhari by saying that you can validate his support for violence merely by inference but would not chang your view even after seeing tv newscasters report Buhari calling on his supporters to stay calm and obey all laws.
Buhari recently condemned violence when PDP campaign buses where damaged - later transpired that the violence was carried out during fighting between 2 rival PDP factions.

If your suggestion is that Buhari should call a televised press conference just to appeal to his supporters to stop violence then again you are being unfair to Buhari and his supporters as such a press conference would lead the electorate to believe that all election violence is carried out by Buhari supporters.

It would more realistic if both PDP and APC held a joint press conference on the issue.
thoth:

No that is not my point, what i am trying to say is that a news Repoter saying that Buhari said does not and cannot have any effect on the re-occurrence of post-election violence, Buhari of all people knows this, this is a subtle move that is easily neglected by the masses, majority whom are ignorant.

I can assure you no post-election violence if Buhari ever says it in a televised easily rebroadcast form. Please don't just take their words, these men are as reckless as they are diabolic.

I can validate the statement that Buhari supports violence by inference, this claim will cease to uphold if you can show me where Buhari condemned the mayhem his supporters unleashed after he lost the last election. no reporter said or newspaper said Buhari said but Buhari himself saying.

It's very important for you to keep in mind that i am not condemning Buhari in favor to any other candidate but i only trying clarify my position on my earlier posts.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by thoth: 11:12am On Feb 03, 2015
@Genbuhari

You are still missing my intent, i am not saying this as an opposition or a supporter to any party or candidate, i am looking at plausible manifestations from a Social Psychology point of view, I was only 16 when Buhari became a military head of state, i visited Nigeria thrice during his regime, I saw the changes in Lagos and the orderliness that he instituted, i witnessed same in Enugu, my parents never stopped praising him till date, they believed he is what Nigerians needed and really loved his approach to indiscipline. I can still remember those radio broadcast when he will urge the people" to search through their hearts" or " to reflect deeply" on certain positions and assumptions the masses are already used to. we made fun of those but we still got love for the Guy, i still have much love for that guy.
That apart ,we are talking about the present Buhari not the one we used to know, be honest, how many times have you heard someone use post-election violence as an attribute to other parties ?

My point simply is that if someone else, or a reporter says Buhari says this or that , it does not carry any weight considering the psychological build of the North and Buhari being a Fulani. the Mentality of those people you are trying to defend are on a different platform to the ones you imagine, A reporter saying Buhari said does not stop anything.
Buhari saying so himself in a way that those people can confirm will reduce it by 90% assuredly.

Secondly there are spokespeople who work for these parties and it's their job the distance the party from this sorts of ills, whatever they say is for PR and only serves as a reference which they can use later to relieve themselves from such accusations, the internal policy of the party itself is quite different from all the trash the spokesperson says. They all knew this, maybe you don't.

A mental exercise for you. If violence ensures after election and the same TV reporter makes a statement on behalf of Buhari calling the northern masses to order do you think such pronouncement would effect up to 40% compliance from the agitators ?

If such situation as the Above ensures and Buhari made such declaration himself in a national tv calling them to order do you think he can achieve 85% compliance from the masses ?
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2015
tv news broadcast were very clear that was calling for calm, they ever said his aides or his party; they said Buhari.

If Buhari make a statement calling for calm or condemning violence, but tv station choose not to show the footage of him saying those words, is it Buhari's fault?

Why are you faulting Buhari? did GEJ go on tv to call for calm? Did he even make an appeal for calm whether televised or not? what did he do to provide security for those days of rioting?

You still have not explained how you so easily believe Buhari supports violence without any evidence other than what you have heard or read from presumably from anti-Buhari sources. Yet refuse to believe when a neutral tv station reports that Buhari does not support violence.

If elections are free and fair and adequate security is provided when necessary there would be no problems with violence.
thoth:
@Genbuhari

You are still missing my intent, i am not saying this as an opposition or a supporter to any party or candidate, i am looking at plausible manifestations from a Social Psychology point of view, I was only 16 when Buhari became a military head of state, i visited Nigeria thrice during his regime, I saw the changes in Lagos and the orderliness that he instituted, i witnessed same in Enugu, my parents never stopped praising him till date, they believed he is what Nigerians needed and really loved his approach to indiscipline. I can still remember those radio broadcast when he will urge the people" to search through their hearts" or " to reflect deeply" on certain positions and assumptions the masses are already used to. we made fun of those but we still got love for the Guy, i still have much love for that guy.
That apart ,we are talking about the present Buhari not the one we used to know, be honest, how many times have you heard someone use post-election violence as an attribute to other parties ?

My point simply is that if someone else, or a reporter says Buhari says this or that , it does not carry any weight considering the psychological build of the North and Buhari being a Fulani. the Mentality of those people you are trying to defend are on a different platform to the ones you imagine, A reporter saying Buhari said does not stop anything.
Buhari saying so himself in a way that those people can confirm will reduce it by 90% assuredly.

Secondly there are spokespeople who work for these parties and it's their job the distance the party from this sorts of ills, whatever they say is for PR and only serves as a reference which they can use later to relieve themselves from such accusations, the internal policy of the party itself is quite different from all the trash the spokesperson says. They all knew this, maybe you don't.

A mental exercise for you. If violence ensures after election and the same TV reporter makes a statement on behalf of Buhari calling the northern masses to order do you think such pronouncement would effect up to 40% compliance from the agitators ?

If such situation as the Above ensures and Buhari made such declaration himself in a national tv calling them to order do you think he can achieve 85% compliance from the masses ?
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by thoth: 3:02pm On Feb 03, 2015
GenBuhari:
tv news broadcast were very clear that was calling for calm, they ever said………………ecessary there would be no problems with violence.
I assume you understood the point i am trying to get across, however now is not the time to blame someone for something another person should or shouldn't have done.

We should all sit back and watch how things unfold.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by birdman(m): 4:31am On Feb 05, 2015
thoth:

i will say yes to your first question but not that Obama is selling out to Kenya but that he was entrapping Kenya to be sold, that relationship(as they were meant to believe) was what lead Kenya into US terror fold, and sending troops to Somalia, that relationship was what has messed Kenya up with IMF/ICC/WHO etc cus they fell in with the mindset that Obama is a friend.

I will say NO to your second question but not because the question is valid or can successfully be compared to the situation we were talking about but i am saying NO because those two events does not share any characteristics apart from the names of Nations involved. the question you should have asked to validate that response is " was Nigeria at that time going to UK/USA as a sovereign Nation ? Are we going to UK as a Sovereign Nation that has all the right to determine its future and that of its citizens and independently charting the course of our development ? NO, we were a colonial property and that is an open fact, there you are. In Buhari's case(i may say Tinubus ) this is a simple case of asking for foreign parasitic interference in Nigerian affairs as long as it serves their selfish political ambitions, it's not the first time we've seen this and i wonder whats surprising about that, put simply Nigerians are sold out even before they vote a leader.

On your third Question my answer is Yes,Yes and Yes again. the only avenue Jonathan's regime has been effective is in selling out Nigeria, Jonathan/Okonjo/Madueke trio. As a Buhari supporter i don't expect you to ask how Jonathan sold out.

On the rest of your post it reaffirms what i heard in a discussion with Namibian brothers last June, that most African nations has been under neocolonialism long enough that they now not only accept it as a natural extension of their polity but they will suffer paralysis if such appendage is to be severed.

Before you start screaming conspiracy theories, i am not the sort that theorize, since i always lose my focus doing that, rather i apply simple syllogisms to facts. 2 plus 2 will always be four. and if it's raining outside and you go out without your umbrella or raincoats you will be soaked, now screaming conspiracy when a man simply asked for an umbrella because it is raining is a bit extreme isn't it ?

This year is crazy. I should have replied you earlier but I guess being busy is a good thing. In any case, I see that you did not provide proof of any of your assertions. Granted we do not need legal proof, but circumstantial proof is a bare minimum in my opinion. The basis of syllogism is hard facts. Without those facts, you end up anywhere you choose.

Speaking of your Namibian brothers and neocolonialism, I suspect that most reactionaries that tout that term don't really know what it means. Which is why most African revolutionaries fail terribly. They live in a world of their own construct, selectively choosing which events to remember. Little wonder no one pays attention to them, least of all their enemies. The impracticality and absurdness of their position prophesies the doom of their cause.

For the rest of us with clear eyes, we fully understand that independence and cooperation are not mutually exclusive. And while we reserve our sovereign, God given right to determine our own destinies, we have no problems working with others.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by thoth: 7:51am On Feb 05, 2015
@birdman

You know one thing about geopolitics is that to be effective in it you have to lose yourself, meaning loosing all pride,sentiments, religious or national attachments etc and focus on the truth as you must be truthful to yourself as well.

Nigerian policy makers are awake as you are i suppose and they are cooperating with their friends and allies. i can see how much help those touted allies have given to Nigeria , both military ,diplomatic and moral (media support) support as Boko Haram is crushing the soul of the nation.

I won't say anything about this anymore but just stay awake, i know the common blackman too well .
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by birdman(m): 12:42am On Feb 06, 2015
thoth:
@birdman

You know one thing about geopolitics is that to be effective in it you have to lose yourself, meaning loosing all pride,sentiments, religious or national attachments etc and focus on the truth as you must be truthful to yourself as well.

Nigerian policy makers are awake as you are i suppose and they are cooperating with their friends and allies. i can see how much help those touted allies have given to Nigeria , both military ,diplomatic and moral (media support) support as Boko Haram is crushing the soul of the nation.

I won't say anything about this anymore but just stay awake, i know the common blackman too well .

Nigerian policy makers, the real technocrats know exactly what needs to be done. Dont confuse the current crop of political appointees with the capable Nigerians on ground. Several mistakes in which GEJ sold Nigerians out were highlighted at various levels, only to be shut down by the greedy appointees. You really think the brains that flew an army contingent all the way to Liberia and wiped out Johnson and Taylor's armies cant handle BH a few hundred kilometers from our 1 mechanized division? Unfortunately, the captain of the ship at the moment is distracted/clueless/scared/careless/bribed...frankly no one knows. Any technocrat proposing an agenda that will save Nigeria from BH, vulture loans etc is going to need serious political backing and GEJ is unfortunately is not up to task. At this point, the only sane option is Buhari. I shudder at what another 4 years with $40 per barrel will do to this nation. Our collective psyche is already as low as it has ever been.

I'm always awake.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by thoth: 9:36am On Feb 06, 2015
birdman:

Any technocrat proposing an agenda that will save Nigeria from BH, vulture loans etc is going to need serious political backing and GEJ is unfortunately is not up to task.
I'm always awake.

Sometimes people find it hard to extricate themselves from previous convictions and analyze a situation thoroughly objectively.
What SERIOUS POLITICAL BACKING has the APC been going at ? is it not the same Imperialists ?

In the mid 90's there is term for this situation " Biafran Sandpit" , some national security agencies prefer to use the term Biafran Lens , it has nothing to do with current MASSOB or Biafran Actualization but just a historical event that is of great importance and has always been cited during awareness training for new recruits. In case you have never heard of it, i will be very glad to tell you about it.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by birdman(m): 2:31pm On Feb 06, 2015
thoth:

Sometimes people find it hard to extricate themselves from previous convictions and analyze a situation thoroughly objectively.
What SERIOUS POLITICAL BACKING has the APC been going at ? is it not the same Imperialists ?

In the mid 90's there is term for this situation " Biafran Sandpit" , some national security agencies prefer to use the term Biafran Lens , it has nothing to do with current MASSOB or Biafran Actualization but just a historical event that is of great importance and has always been cited during awareness training for new recruits. In case you have never heard of it, i will be very glad to tell you about it.

are you going to provide proof or conjecture? because if its the latter, it is useless to me. some of us have made up our minds to get in the game and influence things instead of roaming around from one conspiracy theory to another.
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by nellyjohn: 2:47pm On Feb 06, 2015
abu12:
Buhari need tight security now, since fayose and pdp said buhari will die very soon
Then dat means he doesn't trust his countries security. Who ever doesn't believe in this country is not worth being our president.
GEJ till 2019
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by thoth: 4:37pm On Feb 06, 2015
birdman:

are you going to provide proof or conjecture? because if its the latter, it is useless to me. some of us have made up our minds to get in the game and influence things instead of roaming around from one conspiracy theory to another.

Alright then, I will be around .
Re: Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari? by yhygajo(m): 12:29pm On May 28, 2015
priscaoge:

And u think he's gonna smell Aso Rock when he has failed many times He's gonna fail again no doubt.

BTW Where is his certificate??

SEE YOUR LIFE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Governors Panic Over Buhari - Daily Sun / Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) / Wike And His Wife Lay Hands On Each Other's Head At A Crusade In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 194
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.