Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2326421 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chccho(m): 11:44am On Mar 03, 2017
Wolecypher:
am applying for student visa. Is there need for police certificate

Are u a criminal?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wolecypher: 12:07pm On Mar 03, 2017
chccho:

Are u a criminal?
nope. So no need for police certificate as part of the document I will attach ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chccho(m): 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2017
This thread is not for student visa oga,go to the Canadian student thread and read from page 0 will know what u need.I am very sure if u can read u will see that this thread is for visiting visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 3:14pm On Mar 03, 2017
At last after a long wait got a mail from VFS. Going to pickup my passport now smiley
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2017
kokorita:
At last after a long wait got a mail from VFS. Going to pickup my passport now smiley

All the best
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by charlesazeh(m): 4:49pm On Mar 03, 2017
kokorita:

Good Luck!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 4:59pm On Mar 03, 2017
Hippppppee. Got my visa. 2 years grin

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by charlesazeh(m): 5:19pm On Mar 03, 2017
kokorita:

Wow Congrats!!! Happy for you... I will try US for now
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dotcomnamename: 5:46pm On Mar 03, 2017
kokorita:

How long did your paper application take? Or you went for online application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2017
30days 0000
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 6:26pm On Mar 03, 2017
Paper route. Is faster.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 7:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
@ oba. You dnt Realy need an agent for any thing. Just ask questions here. And we will respond. Cheers
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obasiete: 10:09pm On Mar 03, 2017
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kenniei: 5:16pm On Mar 04, 2017
Good evening everyone, I've been a silent reader/follower of this thread for some while... I submitted my application via paper route on 15th Feb, and I got a mail acknowledging my accepted application... Please I would like to enquire some things, I was refused UK entry visa thrice over the years which I stated on my application form along with reasons, I hope this refusals wouldn't affect my application as this is my first time of applying for Canadian visa without any travel history, and with a fresh virgin passport... Thanks for the replies in advance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 5:38pm On Mar 04, 2017
@ ken. What are the documents you submitted. Did any one invite you or you used hotel invitation. What were the reasons you were refused uk visa. Do you have a strong ties in Nigeria. Such as job , investments etc. the truth here is that travelling history is an added advantage also most people that are been granted Canada visas on virgin passort is either their reputable companies sends them. Or they have immediate family in Canada. Such as wife , child. , mother, father and siblings . Well you wouldn't know your faith till you are asked to come collect ur passport. Just be positive.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kenniei: 6:30pm On Mar 04, 2017
@kokorita,

I got an invite from my cousin, and he stated that he'll bear all cost of expenses during my stay, as I will be staying in his apartment... He also stated that I'll be visiting him for the Easter celebrations/annual leave from work.
I was refused UK visa based on insufficient funds and I didn't include personal Bank Statement as I was in d university when I applied, my uncle was supposed to sponsor the trip back then. As regards d documents, I will upload them as soon as I can.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 7:07pm On Mar 04, 2017
@ ken,
Let just be positive as I said. What documents did your cousin include. While inviting you. Also Canada likes it when you are sponsoring yourself. And you have bank statements and investments to show for it. Especially for visiting visa. You can use a sponsor when is school visa. Also Canada takes a long time to reply application. You saying you wanna go for Easter. I just pray you will get a respond before Easter. It's advisable to apply three months ahead before your travelling date. Like me. I told them I was going to celebrate my wedding anniversary grin which is September 2017. And I applied for my visa January 31st . Got 2 years multiple visa.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 7:37pm On Mar 04, 2017
charlesazeh:

No travel history... I submitted my bank statement and wife's statement of 6 months and my personal company related documents... CAC... my properties doc...hotel reservation and areas I would love to visit with my family... all docs are valid and mine... they just said denied cos of no travel history and not sure we are returning to Nigeria... I want to know if I can reapply or apply for US trv... I really would loved to take my family to us or Canada this Easter
Try US bro
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by charlesazeh(m): 12:37am On Mar 05, 2017
travelpoint:

Try US bro

thanks boss for the encouragement i go run US
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dotcomnamename: 2:28am On Mar 05, 2017
Please how many month does online application take to be processed and finalised? I will like to apply by June. Can they make decision before October or November?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 1:08pm On Mar 06, 2017
dotcomnamename:
Please how many month does online application take to be processed and finalised? I will like to apply by June. Can they make decision before October or November?
They may or may not reach a decision before then.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 1:08pm On Mar 06, 2017
Hello, please, i don't know if this is the right thread for this enquiry, I urgently need to know what is the cost of renting a shared 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom apartment, around mohawk college. It is needed urgently for a friend travelling soon and she is also looking for who to share with.

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sacredhearts: 10:21pm On Mar 06, 2017
Can anyone who has applied for canadian visit visa lately please tell me how much it cost? Where and how to pay and where the application center is in lagos? Urgent please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 07, 2017
ladylco:
Hello, please, i don't know if this is the right thread for this enquiry, I urgently need to know what is the cost of renting a shared 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom apartment, around mohawk college. It is needed urgently for a friend travelling soon and she is also looking for who to share with.

Thank you
As a student, 2/3 bedroom apartment may be too expensive for your friend to afford. Why not tell him/her to consider any of the dormitories around Hamilton, where the college is located? It's a popular school in that area with a number of affordable dormitories around.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iguita: 9:18am On Mar 07, 2017
Hello folks, I picked up my passport yesterday from the VSF with a rejection letter. Let me explain my application. I am planning to visit Toronto by end of April with my wife for a conference organized by an global volunteer organization that I head the Nigerian operations. On the rejection letter, they said we do not have sufficient travel history. Meanwhile, I have visited Tanzania, Ghana, South Korea, South Africa and Argentina. I also have transit visas for Kenya, South Africa, China and Egypt. My wife has visited South Korea, South Africa, Dubai, Argentina and USA. She also has transit visas for South Africa, China and Egypt (We usually travel together). We have also never been rejected for a visa application so this is a big hit. My wife now hates Canada (lol) and has refused to reapply. I am reapplying because the organization has already paid for my flight and hotel and I can't let this waste.

I do not know what we did not do right but I plan to reapply before the end of the week. I will be happy if anyone can give me pointers of what I may have done wrong and what I can improve on in my next application.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 9:45am On Mar 07, 2017
@ ugu. Sorry about your refusal. Will ask you the following questions to determine the reasons why you were refused.
1) when did you apply for your visa.
2) why did you choose to go for a conference with your wife does she work in the same company as you
3) did you do a personal statement explaining why you have to travel with your wife.
4) apart from the travelling history did they talk about finances or any other thing
5) did you submit evidence that it's the organization that is paying for your flight and accomdation.
6) is the organization going to pay for your wife's ticket and hotel. If they are not did you include a sponsor letter indicating you are covering her expenses

7). Did you include your marriage certificate n all
cool how long did you tell them you are going to stay.
The truth of the matter is that Canada visa is just luck. Do your best and pray. I think you can re apply and do a personal statement also clearing the part of the travelling history. Explaining to them that you have travelling history. Just work on the parts they think u dnt provide. And reply. I hope you will get your passport back before the conference. All the best.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 10:30am On Mar 07, 2017
kokorita:
@ ugu. Sorry about your refusal. Will ask you the following questions to determine the reasons why you were refused.
1) when did you apply for your visa.
2) why did you choose to go for a conference with your wife does she work in the same company as you
3) did you do a personal statement explaining why you have to travel with your wife.
4) apart from the travelling history did they talk about finances or any other thing
5) did you submit evidence that it's the organization that is paying for your flight and accomdation.
6) is the organization going to pay for your wife's ticket and hotel. If they are not did you include a sponsor letter indicating you are covering her expenses

7). Did you include your marriage certificate n all
cool how long did you tell them you are going to stay.
The truth of the matter is that Canada visa is just luck. Do your best and pray. I think you can re apply and do a personal statement also clearing the part of the travelling history. Explaining to them that you have travelling history. Just work on the parts they think u dnt provide. And reply. I hope you will get your passport back before the conference. All the best.

I addition, you can also ask the organization to write them, introducing you, explaining the importance of the event to you, and guaranteeing your return. If you really want your wife to accompany you on the trip, the organization should also include it. Then submit all official document to back yourself and you wife most especially those ones showing both of you ties in nigeria g.g work, investment, marital, financial/economic ties etc. Best of luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sacredhearts: 11:33am On Mar 07, 2017
Can anyone who has applied for canadian visit visa lately please tell me how much it cost? Where and how to pay and where the application center is in lagos? Urgent please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 12:00pm On Mar 07, 2017
sacredhearts:
I believe this link will address ALL your questions: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nigeria/
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 1:13pm On Mar 07, 2017
iguita:
Hello folks, I picked up my passport yesterday from the VSF with a rejection letter. Let me explain my application. I am planning to visit Toronto by end of April with my wife for a conference organized by an global volunteer organization that I head the Nigerian operations. On the rejection letter, they said we do not have sufficient travel history. Meanwhile, I have visited Tanzania, Ghana, South Korea, South Africa and Argentina. I also have transit visas for Kenya, South Africa, China and Egypt. My wife has visited South Korea, South Africa, Dubai, Argentina and USA. She also has transit visas for South Africa, China and Egypt (We usually travel together). We have also never been rejected for a visa application so this is a big hit. My wife now hates Canada (lol) and has refused to reapply. I am reapplying because the organization has already paid for my flight and hotel and I can't let this waste.

I do not know what we did not do right but I plan to reapply before the end of the week. I will be happy if anyone can give me pointers of what I may have done wrong and what I can improve on in my next application.

Thanks
I believe they ticked "Travel History". This doesn't mean that you haven't travelled. It could mean that they have issues with the way you travelled.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 1:36pm On Mar 07, 2017
Hi jay. The way he travelled. Can you explain deep on that. Because am suprised they will tick that. I just feel they are not fully convinced about his trip. Or him not showing full reason why he wants to travel for an official conference with his wife. It's not a tourizm visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Shokeye3, Olaniyi2955 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.