Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2338377 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (1108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omoba26: 10:42pm On Feb 12, 2017
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gbengs007: 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2017
hello my name is emmanuel
i applied and submitted my application for canada study permit since july 2016
and on 7th of jan 2017 i got a mail that my processed passport has been dispatched from ghana to VAC here in lagos and when i went to their office @lekki..i was told it was still on transit.. then today i saw this while tracking it online Your passport is undelivered and has been forwarded back at the Canada Visa Office ACCRA..im confused and dont know what to do next because am still yet to be called for medicals and its upto 7months now pls any advice on what i should do
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vozkini(m): 10:28pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hello house. I and my family of 5 applied for Canada tourism visa. Since October 2016 online route. Today, the visa was denied. Their decision was based on purpose of trip. Being to usa like 10 times. My daughter holds American passport. Others has gone to usa as well. Being to turkey, usa, Poland, Germany, dubai and Ghana.
Please advice on what next line of action to take.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 14, 2017
vozkini:
Hello house. I and my family of 5 applied for Canada tourism visa. Since October 2016 online route. Today, the visa was denied. Their decision was based on purpose of trip. Being to usa like 10 times. My daughter holds American passport. Others has gone to usa as well. Being to turkey, usa, Poland, Germany, dubai and Ghana.
Please advice on what next line of action to take.
Good evening vozkini and long time,my good peeps in the house. May God bless our hustle this year. The next action to take is simply wait until our economy improves and the recession eases out. Going by the bitter experience of some applicants with rich travel history and robust assets and finance in recent times in their cic visa applications, it's crystal clear that it's not all about meeting the basic requirements that qualifies you for the category of the visa you're applying for. There's more to it, which the CIC takes into consideration. The economic situation in our country for instance, isn't encouraging. Today, I bought USD at the rate of 499 Naira and the seller said that's the lowest I could get anywhere and I confirmed it. I've never experienced going to the bank to open an L/C like I did recently...that my bank would say, CBN tells them there's no forex for finished goods importers but for those importing raw materials...I wonder how many manufacturing industries we've got in Nigeria. For me, it's just an excuse by the cbn not to make forex available to commercial banks. That's crazy! From a reliable source, Canada is in a technical recession at the moment hence, the need to prevent their economy from collapse at all cost by applying every possible measure. To those with little or no travel experience but were issued visa by cic between tha last quarter of 2016 and now, it's all your luck and you should be thankful to God. And to those who were refused in spite of their rich travel history and robust assets and finance, is not the end of the road, please try again but after our economy improves. After all, there are many tourist destinations far better than what's obtainable in canada. My advice doesn't mean that those with legitimate missions in canada shouldn't try their luck. But we need to tell ourselves the truth, based on the realities on ground. Good luck next time.

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 15, 2017
fcisca:
Hello my people.
I checked the status of my application and here is what I got (attached).
Now on vas website it says "visa application still being processed at visa office..."
I am confused. @awelekiti @jayfierce, @justwise and other TRV experts please come out to assist your sisto o
Congrats!
Anyone please guide me through linking TRV paper application to online account. The challenge is that it requests for the application number.... Got lost at that point.
I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SORT IT... THANKS!
Regards
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manover: 11:24pm On Feb 15, 2017
Hello House,

My brother invite my mom to spend summer holiday in Canada, Please what re the necessary document she needs to summit along with the invitation letter?, and how many forms do we need to fill? thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 16, 2017
It seems online trv for visitors and paper based trv for visitors are being treated differently. Online seems to go to accra and paper based is treated in Nigeria. From voskini's timelines, accra is taking 4 months but otbers seems to be reporting feedback in 3 weeks. Can someone shed light on the fastest online vistors visa application. I am eager to know as i made an online application and i am eager to get a response
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chccho(m): 2:21pm On Feb 16, 2017
Anonymoushack:
It seems online trv for visitors and paper based trv for visitors are being treated differently. Online seems to go to accra and paper based is treated in Nigeria. From voskini's timelines, accra is taking 4 months but otbers seems to be reporting feedback in 3 weeks. Can someone shed light on the fastest online vistors visa application. I am eager to know as i made an online application and i am eager to get a response
I agree with this too...
I submitted my online application since last November and only got a response that there has been no update on my application yesterday.I have called and they said they are still handling Sept/applications
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 16, 2017
If you havent still heard anything then applicants from december need to wait much longer. Please house, what seems to be the timeline for paper based applications as I am looking forward to cancelling my online app and making a paper based one
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chccho(m): 9:11pm On Feb 16, 2017
Anonymoushack:
If you havent still heard anything then applicants from december need to wait much longer. Please house, what seems to be the timeline for paper based applications as I am looking forward to cancelling my online app and making a paper based one
Oga start reading from page-0,u will find your answer there..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RoboNG: 11:22pm On Feb 18, 2017
Dear all guru,

how many days is taking for tourist visa through paper route , plz? (just Approximately)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 6:58pm On Feb 22, 2017
Please I need your advise. I applied for Canada visa with my husband A family friend invited us. We have both travelled to uk. Usa Dubai southafrica etc. we are presently working. Am a banker while my husband works in an oil servicing firm. We include our bank statements and fixed deposit joint account. Also introduction letters from office. Promotion letter etc. please what our chances of getting a visa. Worried. Lol
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 7:17pm On Feb 22, 2017
Help out
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadeebee78: 7:50pm On Feb 22, 2017
You already applied. No one knows the chances of getting a visa, just hope for the best.

kokorita:
Please I need your advise. I applied for Canada visa with my husband A family friend invited us. We have both travelled to uk. Usa Dubai southafrica etc. we are presently working. Am a banker while my husband works in an oil servicing firm. We include our bank statements and fixed deposit joint account. Also introduction letters from office. Promotion letter etc. please what our chances of getting a visa. Worried. Lol

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 22, 2017
kokorita:
The outcome of your visa application would determine whether you need advice or not. All the best!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gawhung66yahoo: 11:58pm On Feb 22, 2017
Hello pls I have a 2yrs multiple entry USA Visa i was supposed to attend a conference last year which I couldn't make is there anything I need to do when am ready to go? Must I register for another conference and should it be same place where I was supposed to attend last year? Or can info like that since the visa is still valid ?

thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by halle2: 11:31am On Feb 23, 2017
Hey everyone,
Please any one with similar experience with VFS or knowledge regarding this situation, kindly help on what to do:

I applied for visit visa via the online route for my spouse and kids to visit me in Canada. Their passports were requested for and hubby went to submit them at Lagos VFS. According to him, they separated his passport from the kids'. They said he should take the kids' passport to another section to pay for the fees to transmit them to the embassy, while his own passport was with the initial person that attended to him I.e the person that receives it when you go to VFS. They said he didn't need to pay for his as his biometrics fees already covered that.
The thing is, the kids' visas have been approved and he has been notified to pick up only theirs but his own status on CIC account is still the same (still open and no acknowledgement that his passport has been received)
He has tried calling VFS, no response. He has emailed since two days and is yet to get feedback.
By the way, this is a visa renewal and he did not experience this the first time. I hope his passport is not lost. Please help sad
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadeebee78: 9:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
Hi there, it takes a while for the online portal to change. At least mine took over a week before it changed to approved.
When adults pay for biometrics it is stated that it covers transporting your passport to visa office or embassy. Kids don't do biometrics hence the reason to pay extra for their passports.
I hope this answers your question.

halle2:
Hey everyone,
Please any one with similar experience with VFS or knowledge regarding this situation, kindly help on what to do:

I applied for visit visa via the online route for my spouse and kids to visit me in Canada. Their passports were requested for and hubby went to submit them at Lagos VFS. According to him, they separated his passport from the kids'. They said he should take the kids' passport to another section to pay for the fees to transmit them to the embassy, while his own passport was with the initial person that attended to him I.e the person that receives it when you go to VFS. They said he didn't need to pay for his as his biometrics fees already covered that.
The thing is, the kids' visas have been approved and he has been notified to pick up only theirs but his own status on CIC account is still the same (still open and no acknowledgement that his passport has been received)
He has tried calling VFS, no response. He has emailed since two days and is yet to get feedback.
By the way, this is a visa renewal and he did not experience this the first time. I hope his passport is not lost. Please help sad

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by princefemi77: 10:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
Good day my people , am planing to travel down to Canada during the Long Vacation , with my family . i have a registered company which my wife business is subsidiary under it. Please what document do i need to present for my wife and the kids .Your respond will be highly appreciated Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoAje1: 12:48pm On Feb 24, 2017
Good day Guru in the house.

I just received message from my profile that I am giving procedural fairness on my application.

I was refused in 2014 but while I was filled the application form in 2016 it was an error i put " NO" in a column where was asked Have you refused a visa or an entry before.

The entry officer now referred to the column.

Kindly assist on what to do, i was giving 10 days to respond and how can i reply back is it by mail or courier.

Kindly find the attached. Thx all.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 5:23am On Feb 25, 2017
OmoAje1:
Good day Guru in the house.

I just received message from my profile that I am giving procedural fairness on my application.

I was refused in 2014 but while I was filled the application form in 2016 it was an error i put " NO" in a column where was asked Have you refused a visa or an entry before.

The entry officer now referred to the column.

Kindly assist on what to do, i was giving 10 days to respond and how can i reply back is it by mail or courier.

Kindly find the attached. Thx all.
You can reply stating that it's was error. Try to explain how the error occured and please only answer the concerns raised.

As for submission, it's stated there that you have 10 days to respond electronically. If they did not create a document upload request in your CIC account then you should use the email address provided in the letter to respond.

Good luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by charlesazeh(m): 2:21pm On Feb 25, 2017
please house i am planning on visiting Canada this easter with my wife and 2 sons for the first time so we submitted our application at the VSF abuja 20th JAN 2017 and they have emailed me that its ready for collection at the Vsf but now how can i find out if its or approved or denied without going to abuja due to work
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by WESTERNCR: 3:48pm On Feb 25, 2017
At this point no one can actually tell may be its approval or denial since you submitted via paper. You will have to visit Vfs for collection before you can know CIC decision.

charlesazeh:
please house i am planning on visiting Canada this easter with my wife and 2 sons for the first time so we submitted our application at the VSF abuja 20th JAN 2017 and they have emailed me that its ready for collection at the Vsf but now how can i find out if its or approved or denied without going to abuja due to work
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by charlesazeh(m): 6:06pm On Feb 25, 2017
WESTERNCR:
At this point no one can actually tell may be its approval or denial since you submitted via paper. You will have to visit Vfs for collection before you can know CIC decision.

THANKS i will try to fly to abj tomorrow so i can collect them...i wish me luck...i pray CIC favors me
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SamReinvented: 4:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hello gurus in the house,

please do i need medicals for a business visit visa? I want to be sure if it is needed, so i can just do it upfront when i travel for my biometrics. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jozeph: 4:38pm On Feb 27, 2017
hello pals ... I applied for canada tourist via online route since on the 10th of january did my biometrics 12th of january and ever since then I havnt heard anything ....plz does it stay long to that extent and how many days or weeks involved in the processing ...hoping for ur quick responds ....ilu yi su mi
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by glowithdan(m): 4:42pm On Feb 27, 2017
jozeph:
hello pals ... I applied for canada tourist via online route since on the 10th of january did my biometrics 12th of january and ever since then I havnt heard anything ....plz does it stay long to that extent and how many days or weeks involved in the processing ...hoping for ur quick responds ....ilu yi su mi

Since you are done with the biometrics, I would advice you sit back, relax and wait for 30-60 days!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jozeph: 5:49pm On Feb 27, 2017
hollo guru's
when administerd the CIC web for more information on days involves in processing canada visa ...it stated 97days excluding transit ...my question is dat ....is it 97working days or 97days straightaway?

hoping for responds
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by spilife(m): 8:44pm On Feb 27, 2017
awelekiti:
Good evening vozkini and long time,my good peeps in the house. May God bless our hustle this year. The next action to take is simply wait until our economy improves and the recession eases out. Going by the bitter experience of some applicants with rich travel history and robust assets and finance in recent times in their cic visa applications, it's crystal clear that it's not all about meeting the basic requirements that qualifies you for the category of the visa you're applying for. There's more to it, which the CIC takes into consideration. The economic situation in our country for instance, isn't encouraging. Today, I bought USD at the rate of 499 Naira and the seller said that's the lowest I could get anywhere and I confirmed it. I've never experienced going to the bank to open an L/C like I did recently...that my bank would say, CBN tells them there's no forex for finished goods importers but for those importing raw materials...I wonder how many manufacturing industries we've got in Nigeria. For me, it's just an excuse by the cbn not to make forex available to commercial banks. That's crazy! From a reliable source, Canada is in a technical recession at the moment hence, the need to prevent their economy from collapse at all cost by applying every possible measure. To those with little or no travel experience but were issued visa by cic between tha last quarter of 2016 and now, it's all your luck and you should be thankful to God. And to those who were refused in spite of their rich travel history and robust assets and finance, is not the end of the road, please try again but after our economy improves. After all, there are many tourist destinations far better than what's obtainable in canada. My advice doesn't mean that those with legitimate missions in canada shouldn't try their luck. But we need to tell ourselves the truth, based on the realities on ground. Good luck next time.

bros how are you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 28, 2017
spilife:

bros how are you
I'm doing well bro, thanks. How's the going?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pizzler: 7:45am On Feb 28, 2017
hi,i m very new here.i d appreciate any kind of advise i can get.
i and my two toddlers wish to visit canada.we have valid american visas(not used yet as we intend to visit both countries in one travel).my kids have no travel experience but i do-london and south africa.
what do we need to apply for a canadian visit visa n what r d processes? how much am i expected to v in my account? must i v landed properties n d likes to show ties to naija?
i look to reading ur responses,thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (1108) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Transporter52, sanyaolurilwan(m), Talksub(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.