Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2325666 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 2:22pm On Feb 28, 2017
^^^
All you need is find the estimate cost of the travel duration, probably for both countries, and then itinerary, and everything you have to tie you to your country.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 1:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
[quote author=charlesazeh post=54053426]

THANKS i will try to fly to abj tomorrow so i can collect them...i wish me luck...i pray CIC favors me [/quote

How did it go? have you collected your passport, were you all granted the visa?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by charlesazeh(m): 7:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
[quote author=ladylco post=54168723][/quote].

I gave a consent letter to my uncle that came around to help me collect it when he goes back so it was today he collected it and he said it's denied visa and the embassy returned all the documents

Reason for denial: no travel history and 2 not sure we are coming back
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dotcomnamename: 8:34pm On Mar 01, 2017
zeus001:

Usually 30 days from the date the biometrics capture was requested. It will be clearly stated in the request from CIC.

So how will i know that biometric is requested from me?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 9:51pm On Mar 01, 2017
Sorry about your refusal.@ Charles What are the documents you submitted . Do you have travelling history.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by charlesazeh(m): 10:55pm On Mar 01, 2017
kokorita:
Sorry about your refusal.@ Charles What are the documents you submitted . Do you have travelling history.

No travel history... I submitted my bank statement and wife's statement of 6 months and my personal company related documents... CAC... my properties doc...hotel reservation and areas I would love to visit with my family... all docs are valid and mine... they just said denied cos of no travel history and not sure we are returning to Nigeria... I want to know if I can reapply or apply for US trv... I really would loved to take my family to us or Canada this Easter
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 4:45am On Mar 02, 2017
@charles. I will advise you apply to usa. But my only fear is that you dnt have travelling history and usa most times prefer people with travel history. Why don't you visit another country maybe an of the shengen countries or South Africa . I will have included Dubai. But Dubai dnt stamp visa on passport. Please don't reapply yet to Canada. They will see you as been desperate. Just think of another country to visit for east. Build up you travel history and reapply. If you have a family member in Canada. They can invite you. It's an advantage over hotel reservation. Also write a personal statement. From my own experience I was denied a uk visa. I decided to travel to southafrica then reapply after one year of travelling to southafrica. With a friend inviting me and I was given the visa. After the uk visa I got my usa visa. So please travel history is very key. Especially when you dnt have family's in Canada Very key. cool

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 02, 2017
kokorita:
@charles. I will advise you apply to usa. But my only fear is that you dnt have travelling history and usa most times prefer people with travel history. Why don't you visit another country maybe an of the shengen countries or South Africa . I will have included Dubai. But Dubai dnt stamp visa on passport. Please don't reapply yet to Canada. They will see you as been desperate. Just think of another country to visit for east. Build up you travel history and reapply. If you have a family member in Canada. They can invite you. It's an advantage over hotel reservation. Also write a personal statement. From my own experience I was denied a uk visa. I decided to travel to southafrica then reapply after one year of travelling to southafrica. With a friend inviting me and I was given the visa. After the uk visa I got my usa visa. So please travel history is very key. Especially when you dnt have family's in Canada Very key. cool
You've made a good point here. However, though travel history is important, it's not mandatory especially for Canada and USA. In many circumstances, travel history had been waived for many visa applicants who applied to Canada and USA in the past which I'm quite aware of, depending on what you're going for(your mission and status of the person inviting you) anyway. When I first applied to USA 13 years ago for my B1/B2 visa, I didn't have travel experience, not even to ordinary cotonou and back. The passport with which I applied was also my first and my visa application was granted. My brother, 2 of my cousins had also applied to canada as students and visitors respectively, for the first time and they had no travel history/experience prior to this time. Their applications were all granted, though single entry visas, except the student applicant who was granted multiple. In my opinion, like I've always said in this forum, even though an applicant has a legitimate mission in canada in this economic recession, be it a first time applicant or not, the chance of getting a visa is 50/50. Thank God things are now improving gradually and if the trend should continue for a 6-month period, definitely, Nigerian applicants' chances of getting CIC visa will receive a boost. The economic situation of applicant's country is even more considered than travel history at times because that would earn the applicant a great score while assessing the visa application. The VO wants to be sure you'd want to return home after your mission, regardless of any ''temptation'' which could encourage you to stay back in their country, after your programme.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by charlesazeh(m): 10:14am On Mar 02, 2017
kokorita:

i was thinking of visiting turkey or Norway... i need advice if my choices are good and my chance of getting the visa or if you know any other country i can visit in order to have a travel history on my passport
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goodnews1111: 10:36am On Mar 02, 2017
Please kokorita when paying for Canada visa application and biometric for online application is it onetime transaction or you pay separately.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by seyieso: 11:17am On Mar 02, 2017
please house i applied for visiting visa with my wife and child, at the point of submission the officer told me to make a correction, it was at this point i mistakenly ticked NO, to the question have u been denied visa but for my wife and child i ticked yes and i also started it in my cover letter, now i receive a letter from the embassy asking me to appeal while i gave a wrong information, which have done, its three weeks and am yet to get any response from them, will be needing my passport for an official on 10th of march. Any advice will be appreciated.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 11:19am On Mar 02, 2017
@ Charles . It's all depends my brother in law applied to Germany , went and came back then applied to usa. And he was given the visa with his family. While I have a friend that has never travelled before and he applied to usa and. He was given too . So it all depends on you. If you have the funds to travel to turkey or Norway and come back and apply for a usa visa ,good. But if you feel the funds are not Realy available. You can just apply straight to usa. I heard they are giving visas recently. Or my agent can do it for you. But I dnt like getting involved in this like this. Especially when I dnt know the person. So the choice is yours. I applied for Canada and am still waiting for there respond. But have traveled to uk usa South Africa Dubai etc
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 11:25am On Mar 02, 2017
@ goodnews111. I dnt have any idea on online application . Because of there slow responds to people's application. I think the paper route maybe be faster if you dnt need your passport. Any time soon. Goodluck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 11:35am On Mar 02, 2017
@seyi. Will advise you do them a mail. Explaining to them why you need your passport. Especially when you know the reason you need your passport is urgent. But if it's not too urgent you can give them more time and pray that they dnt refuse you for giving them wrong information. My friend visa was granted Canada visa after she told them she has never be denied a visa. But she was once denied a uk visa. But she was able to convince them ..... When did you apply for your Canada visit visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by seyieso: 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2017
@ kokorita, i applied 9th of January, my wife and child got back their passport on the 8th of February and was denied due to no travel history,but mine was withheld it was after that i got my letter stating i gave a wrong information that could lead to me being banned from Canada for 5 years, and was asked to appeal, which i did by sending them a letter through VFS and also did a mail, but up to now am yet to hear anything from them and am bothered
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by charlesazeh(m): 1:02pm On Mar 02, 2017
kokorita:
@ Charles . It's all depends my brother in law applied to Germany , went and came back then applied to usa. And he was given the visa with his family. While I have a friend that has never travelled before and he applied to usa and. He was given too . So it all depends on you. If you have the funds to travel to turkey or Norway and come back and apply for a usa visa ,good. But if you feel the funds are not Realy available. You can just apply straight to usa. I heard they are giving visas recently. Or my agent can do it for you. But I dnt like getting involved in this like this. Especially when I dnt know the person. So the choice is yours. I applied for Canada and am still waiting for there respond. But have traveled to uk usa South Africa Dubai etc

Thanks so much I really appreciate your responses! I will give US a shot! What are the requirements to apply for USA
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 1:08pm On Mar 02, 2017
Sorry seyi. I feel your pain. Maybe you should go to VFS and complain or do them a reminder mail. But have you ever travelled before or your family members travelled before.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 1:17pm On Mar 02, 2017
Also which country where you refused before that you dnt include. @seyi
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by seyieso: 1:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
@kokorita. was dined USA twice, have traveled to Dubai thrice but wife and baby has never travelled
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 1:23pm On Mar 02, 2017
@ Charles there's no specific approach to tackle usa visa application. below are the three key approach I know about tho. That worked for me.
1) what you write down in your application form I.e how much you earn etc.
2) you able to defend what's on your form ( be clear and smart)
3). Favour from the person interviewing you
Shikina.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 1:33pm On Mar 02, 2017
A www. Sorry about that @ seyi. I will advise you go to another country maybe Europe cous if you apply to uk. They will ask you if you have been refused before. And it will sound funny. When you say yes. Usa and Canda. If not that you are marriage will tell you to apply for school visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 1:36pm On Mar 02, 2017
Married. I mean
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wolecypher: 4:06pm On Mar 02, 2017
Goodday house pls I need ur help. Am currently doing my online Visa registration. My question is when will they request for police certificate. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oseni007(m): 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2017
Sure contact link...link like wat, VFS call center number,CIC email address or Ambassador fone number. Naija pple and sure link up and down sef. Lemme run b4 they come and yab me grin[color=#990000][/color]
obasiete:
DM me if you have Sure Contact Link in Canada embassy

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 8:00pm On Mar 02, 2017
hi house who has applied this year and gotten a visa. Biko share your experience. Cheers. grin grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dotcomnamename: 8:02pm On Mar 02, 2017
obasiete:
DM me if you have Sure Contact Link in Canada embassy

Justwise is coming for you grin. Which link? Dey there dey deceive yourself.. grin

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by charlesazeh(m): 8:25pm On Mar 02, 2017
kokorita:
@ Charles there's no specific approach to tackle usa visa application. below are the three key approach I know about tho. That worked for me.
1) what you write down in your application form I.e how much you earn etc.
2) you able to defend what's on your form ( be clear and smart)
3). Favour from the person interviewing you
Shikina.

My brother in law is a Canadian citizen and lives in Canada and my younger sis and son just moved in December to live with him so can she invite us cos she is working now and her son is in school
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 7:45am On Mar 03, 2017
Hmmm. Ok. So why didn't you think about her inviting you at your first application. Can't Realy remember questions cool cool been asked in the form. But if they ask you in the form do you have any one in Canada and you say no. And now you wanna say yes that you have someone. It's a red flag. So check your form and reconfirm. Cheers
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 9:49am On Mar 03, 2017
Wolecypher:
Goodday house pls I need ur help. Am currently doing my online Visa registration. My question is when will they request for police certificate. Thanks
Police certificate is not usually required for a Visitors visa except you indicated that you have a criminal record.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wolecypher: 11:36am On Mar 03, 2017
jayfierce:
Police certificate is not usually required for a Visitors visa except you indicated that you have a criminal record.
am applying for student visa. Is there need for police certificate

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Jeboy(m), Nkaluu800(m), Ladywinterfell and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.