Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,749 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2310403 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (1095) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Graceee: 9:38pm On May 30, 2017
Jawa the super man. I hail
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gr8tstar: 10:46pm On May 30, 2017
Please I need an honest reply. How easy to convert family tourist or visit visa in Canada to student or any other visa. The aim is to stay in Canada after entering through the visit / tourist visa. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 9:19am On May 31, 2017
IT IS VERY HARD. JUST APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE.

gr8tstar:
Please I need an honest reply. How easy to convert family tourist or visit visa in Canada to student or any other visa. The aim is to stay in Canada after entering through the visit / tourist visa. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SamReinvented: 10:58am On May 31, 2017
Hello,

So I applied last week online, got my biometrics done after getting the biometric letter. I eventually just got an update on my account that reads something along this line: "biometrics not needed for your application, you will receive an update, if this is changed". Is this normal?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fagam: 12:10pm On May 31, 2017
Jawa:

@jawa..it's yerwachic..forgot my password now I'm using fagam.
Thank you so much.
How can I contact you?
God bless

hi yerwachic, Montreal is a great choice, you'll love it. it is completely possible to secure visas without any invitations. you just need to get your documentation right and your story convincing. the financial part of the trip may be on the high side. montreal is a french city; largest Quebec city i guess. so the french culture is there and one of the things that comes with the french culture is high cost. if you have made any trips to francophone africa, you'll understand what i mean. you may have to budget 5000CAD for this trip including flight tickets and for your planned duration but of course it depends on things you'd want to do.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 5:23pm On May 31, 2017
gr8tstar:

Hi gr8star, this is somewhat similar to wanting to seek asylum. a visit visa is issued on the grounds that the applicant will come back so wanting to stay back is in contradiction. for the student visa conversion, a visitor is issued a category V visa while a student is issued an S visa. they are very different. in addition, even if you secure a study TRV within Canada, you MUST leave as a visitor and reenter as a student for CBSA to issue a study permit. if you have a US visa, you can easily do this crossing and entering back but i guess you can use Barbados as it is visa free for nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrchemist(m): 5:48pm On May 31, 2017
Good Day Gurus, in here I have been following this group in silent. I need advise . My sister got 2yrs Visa .My question is how easy can She get PR if she have a baby within one yr... (2) If she leave Canada to Barbados or USA How easy can she get Student Visa to Enter Canada assuming she have admission to Study in Canada....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 6:41pm On May 31, 2017
mrchemist:
Good Day Gurus, in here I have been following this group in silent. I need advise . My sister got 2yrs Visa .My question is how easy can She get PR if she have a baby within one yr... (2) If she leave Canada to Barbados or USA How easy can she get Student Visa to Enter Canada assuming she have admission to Study in Canada....

dear mrchemist, if your sister delivers in Canada her baby will be a Canadian citizen and she can subsequently get Canadian visas easier. however, this does not qualify her for a PR. you misunderstood my point i think.my point was that if you arrive as a visitor and then during your visit you secure a study TRV(have a study request approved by CIC), you MUST exit and reenter Canada to be issued a study permit. however, this is a very difficult procedure as you do not have any ties in Canada as a visitor. in my opinion, i think CIC approve more study TRVs than visit TRVs so why cant people just apply from here and avoid stress.Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Graceee: 7:14pm On May 31, 2017
SamReinvented:
Hello,

So I applied last week online, got my biometrics done after getting the biometric letter. I eventually just got an update on my account that reads something along this line: "biometrics not needed for your application, you will receive an update, if this is changed". Is this normal?
Yeas, it is usual. Just an update.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by careerwoman(f): 8:10pm On May 31, 2017
gr8tstar:

Please, it's not possible except you plan to stay illegally which is NOT advisable.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 4:15am On Jun 01, 2017
Please what to do
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 6:43am On Jun 01, 2017
WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN CAUGHT LYING?
THE ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION, IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO IN THE NEXT TEN WORKING DAYS, ACCORDING TO THAT LETTER.

suwas2003:
Please what to do
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gr8tstar: 8:43am On Jun 01, 2017
Jawa:

Hi gr8star, this is somewhat similar to wanting to seek asylum. a visit visa is issued on the grounds that the applicant will come back so wanting to stay back is in contradiction. for the student visa conversion, a visitor is issued a category V visa while a student is issued an S visa. they are very different. in addition, even if you secure a study TRV within Canada, you MUST leave as a visitor and reenter as a student for CBSA to issue a study permit. if you have a US visa, you can easily do this crossing and entering back but i guess you can use Barbados as it is visa free for nigerians.

Thanks for your kindly and honest reply. Please can I contact you or you can through oludareolusegun@gmail.com
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omoba26: 11:50am On Jun 01, 2017
Good morning,

Please I need advise. Our visitor visa was denied, reason stated was that 'Purpose of visit' and 'sufficiently strong socio-economic ties to your home country' . My Wife and I have been to UK and US like 5 times. We actually stated the purpose and wrote a letter of explanation.

Can we re apply? and explain to VO the purpose and proof of strong tie.

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 12:50pm On Jun 01, 2017
So sorry about the refusal sir....please when did you apply?

omoba26:
Good morning,

Please I need advise. Our visitor visa was denied, reason stated was that 'Purpose of visit' and 'sufficiently strong socio-economic ties to your home country' . My Wife and I have been to UK and US like 5 times. We actually stated the purpose and wrote a letter of explanation.

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omoba26: 1:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
Meggito:
So sorry about the refusal sir....please when did you apply? April 6. Can I re apply? I have UK and US Visa still on my passport.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SamReinvented: 2:11pm On Jun 01, 2017
omoba26:
hello, sorry about the refusal. how did you apply? Online or paper route?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Truce01: 2:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
Meggito:
So sorry about the refusal sir....please when did you apply?

Hello,
You can reapply, try to show them a much stronger tie to Nigeria and prove that you have reason to leave Canada after the approved period.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Graceee: 2:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
omoba26:
Good morning,

Thank you.
Yes re apply but before you do that gather more financial documents and add more landed properties with a well composed state mentioned of purpose.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Truce01: 2:21pm On Jun 01, 2017
gr8tstar:

Hello,
There can't be a generic answer to your question as every application is treated independently and based on its merit. Technically, it is possible to change status while in Canada but be careful not to take up employment without a work permit. Read through the CIC website to find out the requirements for changing status or use the mobile app Canadian visa guide to ask questions and navigate the CIC website faster. Pls note, when travelling as a visitor DO NOT travel with your credentials, its raises a red flag and gives away your true intention.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lexycool01(m): 4:50pm On Jun 01, 2017
I am in northern part of cyprus so will have to travel down to Istanbul
Jawa:

Hi Lexycool01, this will largely depend on the part of cyprus you temporarily reside and study. to the best of my knowledge, the northern cyprus region is governed by Turkey while the southern part is governed by Greece. so depending, you will have to turn in your application in Ankara or istanbul in turkey or Athens in Greece. i dont know cyprus well but if you reside in the nicosia region, you may have to visit Ankara which i think is closer than istanbul.best of luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by baani(m): 3:38pm On Jun 02, 2017
Good day Nairalanders,

I would like to give a short story about what i am trying to achieve so i can get detailed or clear response from you all.

I am currently based in the USA and my wife recently had a baby. My mum just got back from the USA (she has a 2yrs visit visa), now as must of you all know a person with this type of visa can't stay in the states for more that 6 months (correct me if i am wrong).

Based on the ticket fares and travelling back and forth from the US to Nigeria, we taught it would be wiser to get her a visit visa to Canada, hence when she's here in the state and it getting close to that point when she needs to leave we would all go to Canada spend a week or two and head back to the states.

My questions are as follows:

1) Does this sound like a good plan and would it work when going through both (USA and Canadian) borders. As we would be driving not flying

2) Can i do the application from here in the states or does she need to apply while she's in Nigeria

3) I have gone to the Canadian Visa application site and its not as smooth as the USA visa application site (my opinion). I have gone pass the eligibility process but im lost as i dont know what to do next. I know it might be a bit much to ask but what is the process of aplying? Do i need to create an account?

4) How do i pay the 100 CAD fee, i dont have a canadian debit or credit card, can i use the american card and if i was to apply from NIgeria how is the payment made

5) The plan is to stay in a hotel while in Canada, now do i need to book a hotel such that i have a reservation which i can submit during the application process or to be presented during the interview.

6) I was told there is no interview for Canadian visa applicant, how true is this.

7)ANY OTHER HINT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Thank you for the time you would take to read and answer
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Graceee: 3:58pm On Jun 02, 2017
baani:
Good day Nairalanders,

I would like to give a short story about what i am trying to achieve so i can get detailed or clear response from you all.

I am currently based in the USA and my wife recently had a baby. My mum just got back from the USA (she has a 2yrs visit visa), now as must of you all know a person with this type of visa can't stay in the states for more that 6 months (correct me if i am wrong).

Based on the ticket fares and travelling back and forth from the US to Nigeria, we taught it would be wiser to get her a visit visa to Canada, hence when she's here in the state and it getting close to that point when she needs to leave we would all go to Canada spend a week or two and head back to the states.

1) Does this sound like a good plan and would it work when going through both (USA and Canadian) borders. As we would be driving not flying

2) Can i do the application from here in the states or does she need to apply while she's in Nigeria

3) I have gone to the Canadian Visa application site and its not as smooth as the USA visa application site (my opinion). I have gone pass the eligibility process but im lost as i dont know what to do next. I know it might be a bit much to ask but what is the process of aplying? Do i need to create an account?

4) How do i pay the 100 CAD fee, i dont have a canadian debit or credit card, can i use the american card and if i was to apply from NIgeria how is the payment made

5) The plan is to stay in a hotel while in Canada, now do i need to book a hotel such that i have a reservation which i can submit during the application process or to be presented during the interview.

6) I was told there is no interview for Canadian visa applicant, how true is this.

First of all I will take permission from oga Jawa the super man. I will only tell you the little I know
Yes you can apply for her visitors visa from bufalo NY and yes you can pay with your American car
And yes you need to create an account through CIC website then apply online while she does her thumb print in Bufalo (visa centre).
Like I said if you wait a little Jawa the super man can counsel you better. He is our Oga at the top

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 6:28pm On Jun 02, 2017
baani:
Good day Nairalanders,

Stringing of visas? @the bolded is a serious red flag for someone that is on a B1/B2 visa, that US visa may be REVOKED sooner than later. Take dressing oh!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by baani(m): 6:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
Graceee:

First of all I will take permission from oga Jawa the super man. I will only tell you the little I know
Yes you can apply for her visitors visa from bufalo NY and yes you can pay with your American car
And yes you need to create an account through CIC website then apply online while she does her thumb print in Bufalo (visa centre).
Like I said if you wait a little Jawa the super man can counsel you better. He is our Oga at the top

thanks for your reply, abeg how do we get oga Jawa attention. I could use more insights
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by baani(m): 6:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Stringing of visas? @the bolded is a serious red flag for someone that is on a B1/B2 visa, that US visa may be REVOKED sooner than later. Take dressing oh!

thanks for your response but im having a difficult time trying to accept it, so your saying that if i have an american visa i cant get other visas or let me put it this way because i have an american visa i cant travel to other countries till the american visa expire?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 6:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
How can a visitor to Ontario Canada properly addressed his or her purpose of travelling.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 7:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
baani:
Good day Nairalanders,

Dear Baani, sorry for your dilemma. However, as you are thinking of this, the CBP and CBSA already thought of it. What you plan to do is called a 'de facto resident' where you try to exit borders and reenter so you're stamped in for fresh six months. This will backfire and as its an elderly person involved, she probably will never want to travel anywhere after the experience because once she cant show a return ticket to her home country, its detention, visa cancellation, ban then deportation.
To answer your questions;
1) this is not a good plan
2) this is totally up to you. But given the circumstances, assuming you hold a valid greencard, i think its better she applies from nigeria
3) create an account and apply for a visa. Its a complex website but you can get around it
4) its 185CAD and your US debit card can easily help you out here
5) eaily do this at Booking.com. No stress there
6) largely, no interview but personally, i consider a statement of purpose a non-appearance interview
7) my advise is to file for a residency for your mother. It may take time but i think its better. You can get her a canadian visa and you all visit and return to US as planned but once you repeat this, it may be an issue and she has to have a return ticket to Nigeria at all times meaning you have to keep shifting her return reservation which will cost money. As you plan to drive, you probably won't be stamped in maybe just an I94 and this will mean that there will be no reset of the 6months meaning that you enter back and continue where you left off. There's a provision to check enteries on cbp's website. I checked mine recently and it didnt show my land crossing. Please head to www.cbp.gov to understand this properly.
Alternatively, you can buy her a ticket with route jfk-los-jfk. This is the cheapest route to the US. Shun her return ticket and make jfk her origin instead of lagos, you'll save out a lot of money from this.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 7:52pm On Jun 02, 2017
expertman:
How can a visitor to Ontario Canada properly addressed his or her purpose of travelling.

Hi expertman, i have seen your email request but i am a busy fellow and work stress is too much, lagos is not for the weak. I like to do this at my leisure and i do it because I understand the process and want to share and learn more. Please accept my apologies.

I am not sure what you're asking. Purpose of travel would be why you're visiting Canada and then Ontario in particular maybe even down to where in ontario you're going. In the online portal however, what you provide as response to this question will be documented evidence of your planned visit. Return air ticket reservation, hotel reservation, itinerary of planned activities and so on. Please pay for nothing until you have a canadian foil in your passport. I hope this helps. Best of luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (1095) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Nkaluu800(m), Terminalia(f), Ifyonyem1, House34, fellowtee1(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.