Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2325221 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dynekest: 6:14pm On May 17, 2017
hello, how do i answer this question

Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry ordered to Leave canada or any other country?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 6:16pm On May 17, 2017
PlOOT:

Thank you Jawa, I am actually married with 2 kids born in US. I am only going with one of my kid. I have attached my marriage certificate. I have also detailed that i just want a 7days holiday with my older daughter who will be on holiday in august, and that we will be going to UK to visit my bro from canada as i still have only a valid 5yr uk visa on my passport. I also attached my work document. I hope that sufficient.

Dear PlOOT, the scenario is much clearer. a little advise i have to offer is that in your letter of explanation, please specifically mention the arrangements you've made for how your other child will be taken care of, say by your mother, and include any sort of evidence you can (if its by your mum, let her write you a letter confirming this). because the Onus is on you, you can never have too many documents. make solid plans and itinerary of what you plan to do in Canada(of course you should never pay for anything prior to Visa) and why Canada. the VO might wander why you're not going to the US instead from UK as the Visa is easier for you to process so you have to point out that concern too and address it.
my opinion always.Best of luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 6:38pm On May 17, 2017
prettyirene:
pls expert in the house, I want to apply for Canadian visa to see a cousin of mine who just gave birth. I couldn't attend her wedding. but prior to this, I have started express entry and registered my data in the Canadian immigration website. I could not continue the process as I don't have ielts and my degree has not been accessed by Wes so I didn't meet up the minimum point. my question is this , will this hinder my chances of getting a visiting visa.please expert in the house kindly respond. Thanks and God bless

Dear Prettyirene, i always advise against applying when an applicant has doubts and currently you do. please clear them first before you commit this 185CAD. as Omobendel24 pointed out, creating an express entry profile is a clear indication of willingness to migrate. as your profile was never submitted, i am not sure if the VO would be able to tell this interest. a VOs job during adjudication is to predict if a visitors visa applicant will return. if an immigrant interest has been indicated, as in your case, to be safe please point this out but this is usually a great burden to overcome. this is not impossible but even the US VOs tell applicants that in the case of the US, this is also a tough task. you need to demonstrate a lot of ties. social and economic and in some cases, a great deal of travel history. take time and gather your documents and prepare for this application intellectually, its not an easy one.
my opinion and Best of luck. you need it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 6:43pm On May 17, 2017
dynekest:
hello, how do i answer this question

Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry ordered to Leave canada or any other country?

Hi dynekest, if any country has ever refused you a visa, the answer to this question is yes. any lie in this category is an express refusal and comes with a ban as an icing on the cake. Canada verifies everything. be very honest.
best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 9:29am On May 19, 2017
Hello all, my application will be 2 months tomorrow, I'm thinking of sending a mail to find out what's happening, but I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do, please advice sirs and mas.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:40am On May 19, 2017
Meggito:
Hello all, my application will be 2 months tomorrow, I'm thinking of sending a mail to find out what's happening, but I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do, please advice sirs and mas.
Please go ahead and send them a mail. It has exceeded the normal processing time.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 2:26pm On May 19, 2017
overlord77:
Good day house,

Am new in this section of the forum and just wanted to a question.

I applied for Canadian TRV and just did my biometric and I thought they'd take me Int'l passport after the process but to my surprise, the passport was handed over to me after taking two copies of my data page. Is that how it works and will they call me to physically/remotely present the passport when the time is ripe?

I posted this more than 6 weeks ago and just this morning, i got an email from MyCiC to send in my passport. Please, does that mean the TRV has been approved?

Thanks house

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Graceee: 4:03pm On May 19, 2017
overlord77:

I posted this more than 6 weeks ago and just this morning, i got an email from MyCiC to send in my passport. Please, does that mean the TRV has been approved?

Thanks house

Congratulations
Your visa has been approved

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 4:17pm On May 19, 2017
Graceee:

Congratulations
Your visa has been approved

Wow!, are you kidding me right now. Yaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! cool wink smiley cool grin

Thank God
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mizIvy(f): 4:31pm On May 19, 2017
Hi guys,
i have a quick question, my mom submitted her application for visitor's visa (paper route, abuja)more than 6 weeks ago, and i was wondering how long it takes to hear back from cic after submittion, because she was told by one of the staffs there that it takes 6 weeks, but the application is more than 6 weeks now. i'm a little bit worry for her. thanks for your reply.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 4:37pm On May 19, 2017
Congratulations, please when precisely did you submit, so I'll know if to wait a while before sending a status enquiry mail to them.

overlord77:

Thanks house
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 4:44pm On May 19, 2017
Thanks Jayfierce

jayfierce:
Please go ahead and send them a mail. It has exceeded the normal processing time.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 7:17pm On May 19, 2017
Meggito:
Congratulations, please when precisely did you submit, so I'll know if to wait a while before sending a status enquiry mail to them.

I submitted 11th March midnight, woke up sunday morning on the 12th to see an update from CiC requesting for biometric, which i did two weeks later (precisely on the 31st of March).
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ejaloni123: 7:46pm On May 19, 2017
overlord77:

I submitted 11th March midnight, woke up sunday morning on the 12th to see an update from CiC requesting for biometric, which i did two weeks later (precisely on the 31st of March).
Did you do an upfront medical?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 8:16pm On May 19, 2017
Ejaloni123:

Did you do an upfront medical?

Nope. Filled and submitted all forms online. Did biometrics and that was it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 8:31pm On May 19, 2017
Oh, then I probably should wait a while, I submitted on the 21st of march. Congrats again. Hoping for good news too.

overlord77:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 8:36pm On May 19, 2017
Meggito:
Oh, then I probably should wait a while, I submitted on the 21st of march. Congrats again. Hoping for good news too.

Thanks. Maybe you should just send them a mail.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 9:03pm On May 19, 2017
Oh, did you send a mail?

overlord77:

Thanks. Maybe you should just send them a mail.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by johnpoko: 7:18am On May 20, 2017
Good day everyone, please can I go to the Canadian embassy to seek asylum, I'm going through a rough time now please someone should reply me please its very critical.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nefertitiram: 9:39am On May 20, 2017
johnpoko:
Good day everyone, please can I go to the Canadian embassy to seek asylum, I'm going through a rough time now please someone should reply me please its very critical.

If you are Canadian... Yes.

If not... Only your Nigerian govt can help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by johnpoko: 9:46am On May 20, 2017
nefertitiram:

If you are Canadian... Yes.

If not... Only your Nigerian govt can help
In a situation whereby your government can't help you. what do you do?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Graceee: 10:44am On May 20, 2017
johnpoko:
You can t seek asylum from the embassy
you can seek asylum only when u are in canadian soil.
So you need to get a visa firs then when you get over there then you can seek for asylum
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 10:45am On May 20, 2017
Meggito:
Oh, did you send a mail?

Nope
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nefertitiram: 11:38am On May 20, 2017
johnpoko:
In a situation whereby your government can't help you. what do you do?

You send a broadcast messages to its citizens, especially the billionaires

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 11:42am On May 20, 2017
Only if you are an agent of the canadian government and your life is in danger. For example, you were spying for canada and you are in danger of being caught, so you alert your handler in the canadian embassy and he/she will arrange for asylum for you, once you reach the gates.
Well, I saw all that in movies only oh, I don't know if its feasible in real life. grin grin grin grin

johnpoko:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meadows: 8:17pm On May 20, 2017
Good evening everyone in the house... I am new here and I must say I really love dis group.. My self and hubby and our 19months old son applied for Canada TRV on d 6th of March, and up till dis moment we have not heard from them... Pls house what should we do? Cos we have been waiting for so long..

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:56pm On May 20, 2017
How are you johnpoko? Last time we heard from you was last year after the refusal.

Graduated yet? Preparing for youth service?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 4:20am On May 21, 2017
Mr awelekiti pls send me a message too,its urgent and important pls,God bless u!pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 5:53am On May 21, 2017
meadows:
Good evening everyone in the house... I am new here and I must say I really love dis group.. My self and hubby and our 19months old son applied for Canada TRV on d 6th of March, and up till dis moment we have not heard from them... Pls house what should we do? Cos we have been waiting for so long..

Hello @Meadow,

I submitted my application 11th of March, did biometric two weeks later and same silence graced the process until two days back when i got a mail to send in my passport. I think you should do them a mail or something
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 7:34am On May 21, 2017
I think I'll just wait a while. I applied about 10 days after you, so I'll wait that time frame out, if nothing then, I'll email them.

overlord77:

Nope
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dynekest: 9:19am On May 21, 2017
Jawa:

Hi dynekest, if any country has ever refused you a visa, the answer to this question is yes. any lie in this category is an express refusal and comes with a ban as an icing on the cake. Canada verifies everything. be very honest.
best of luck.

thanks bro. have really gained a lot reading through the thread which i didnt do earlier before asking the question. Can you pls help answer this as well.

I run a business, Am using the business as ties to Nigeria. Am also using the corporate account and my personal sop as part of my docs. I registered my business last year january and i think i cant get a TAX certificate till year end because new registered business are exempted from tax payments for a year after registration "Got that info from someone at the tax office". So how do i tell the embassy this since i will not include a tax certificate. someone said earlier that it is better to include tax certificate if someone is a businessman

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: williamszooh and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.