Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2342580 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (1110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
Jawa:

Hi expertman, i have seen your email request but i am a busy fellow and work stress is too much, lagos is not for the weak. I like to do this at my leisure and i do it because I understand the process and want to share and learn more. Please accept my apologies.

I am not sure what you're asking. Purpose of travel would be why you're visiting Canada and then Ontario in particular maybe even doen to when in ontario you're going. In the online portal however, what you provide as response to this question will be documented evidenve of your planned visit. Return air ticket reservation, hotel reservation, itinerary of planned activities and so on. Please pay for nothing until you have a canadian foil in your passport. I hope this helps. Best of luck

Thank you bro I really appreciate your effort and time.

The problem is I was recently refused based on purpose of visit even after outlining all places to visit and all.

This makes me weak as I don't know how I can explain this to them again as I really wish to re applly
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tripplebabygirl: 9:35pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hello.
Please can one use international drivers license from Nigeria to drive in Canada during vacation. Thanks and remain blessed
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 9:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
expertman:

Thank you bro I really appreciate your effort and time.

The problem is I was recently refused based on purpose of visit even after outlining all places to visit and all.

This makes me weak as I don't know how I can explain this to them again as I really wish to re applly

Hi, please dont be in a hurry to reapply. Apply for your GCMS notes. This may clarify things further. Then address its issues with documents. If this is properly done, then you have overcome the presumption and should qualify for a visa. I get confused when people say things like 'repackage and refire'. a VOs decision is not personal. When an applicant reapplies, One of the things the new VO may do is to make reference to the refused application . They work to implement immigration laws which are even online and you can read them. VOs are more confident when they see you know what you're doing. The best, always.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 9:54pm On Jun 02, 2017
tripplebabygirl:
Hello.
Please can one use international drivers license from Nigeria to drive in Canada during vacation. Thanks and remain blessed

Hi tripplebabygirl, yes you can if its legit. I had to add the legit part because its nigeria. The international drivers permit can be issued in lagos but you must first hold a valid verifiable Nigerian drivers licence.
However, if this idea is purely for fun, maybe you should avoid doing it on your first visit(if its your first) as this may cause problems. Fines are dashed out carelessly in Canada; jay-walking can attract as much as 100CAD. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 10:13pm On Jun 02, 2017
Jawa:

Hi, please dont be in a hurry to reapply. Apply for your GCMS notes. This may clarify things further. Then address its issues with documents. If this is properly done, then you have overcome the presumption and should qualify for a visa. I get confused when people say things like 'repackage and refire'. a VOs decision is not personal. When an applicant reapplies, One of the things the new VO may do is to make reference to the refused application . They work to implement immigration laws which are even online and you can read them. VOs are more confident when they see you know what you're doing. The best, always.

Since I submitted online how can I apply for GCMS Note
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tripplebabygirl: 10:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
@ jawa, thanks for the prompt response. Advice noted.regards
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anniora: 10:47pm On Jun 02, 2017
Please I submitted my application online and had my biometric taken since on the 19th of March, 2017. I haven't heard from them as regards the status of my application. Please should I send an email, if yes kindly assist with the email address please. Secondly, I am based in port harcourt, will I have to return back to the VAC to submit the passport if asked to produce it or can it be sent via courier. Kindly respond thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by khasm(m): 11:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
Jawa:

Hi expertman, i have seen your email request but i am a busy fellow and work stress is too much, lagos is not for the weak. I like to do this at my leisure and i do it because I understand the process and want to share and learn more. Please accept my apologies.

I am not sure what you're asking. Purpose of travel would be why you're visiting Canada and then Ontario in particular maybe even down to where in ontario you're going. In the online portal however, what you provide as response to this question will be documented evidence of your planned visit. [/b]Return air ticket reservation[b], hotel reservation, itinerary of planned activities and so on. Please pay for nothing until you have a canadian foil in your passport. I hope this helps. Best of luck

Pardon my ignorance, is air ticket reservation a prerequisite to obtain canada visiting visa? Pls clarify.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 11:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
anniora:
Please I submitted my application online and had my biometric taken since on the 19th of March, 2017. I haven't heard from them as regards the status of my application. Please should I send an email, if yes kindly assist with the email address please. Secondly, I am based in port harcourt, will I have to return back to the VAC to submit the passport if asked to produce it or can it be sent via courier. Kindly respond thanks

Don't expect to hear from them now it take about 60dsys after biometrics to make their decision.

They will request for you passport through your email when needed.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 11:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
khasm:

Pardon my ignorance, is air ticket reservation a prerequisite to obtain canada visiting visa? Pls clarify.

Yes as it shows onward flight that's is you gonna return back to Nigeria.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fagam: 11:55pm On Jun 02, 2017
@jawa
Thank you for helping us out.
About the ticket booking issue.
How can we book for tickets without paying for it?
Any websites please?
Thanks a lot
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrchemist(m): 12:17am On Jun 03, 2017
Hey Jawa.. I see you busy and give prompt advise pls sir, my sister's husband just got a student visa and he want her visit on tourist and have a baby .my question is how easy can having the baby aid her to get PR and Study Permit ..Or What easy way out for her thanks Pls any gurus can also advise thanks God bless
Jawa:

Hi tripplebabygirl, yes you can if its legit. I had to add the legit part because its nigeria. The international drivers permit can be issued in lagos but you must first hold a valid verifiable Nigerian drivers licence.
However, if this idea is purely for fun, maybe you should avoid doing it on your first visit(if its your first) as this may cause problems. Fines are dashed out carelessly in Canada; jay-walking can attract as much as 100CAD. Best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CHERIPH: 5:35am On Jun 03, 2017
Hello House, I received a mail stating that........( Final decision We regret to inform you that your application was refused. Check your messages below for details.

i checked to read the details of the refusal but there was no attachments . Please what is the next action ? . i really need to know the reasons.

I applied for visit visa jan 16
Got the mail June 2. online submission
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Graceee: 8:47am On Jun 03, 2017
CHERIPH:
Hello House, I received a mail stating that........( Final decision We regret to inform you that your application was refused. Check your messages below for details.

i checked to read the details of the refusal but there was no attachments . Please what is the next action ? . i really need to know the reasons.

I applied for visit visa jan 16
Got the mail June 2. online submission

Use mobile or chrome. So you can view the message in full. I think it's your browser
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CHERIPH: 9:13am On Jun 03, 2017
Graceee:

Use mobile or chrome. So you can view the message in full. I think it's your browser

No..I am not using a mobile . I used a desktop and even tried on laptop. It comes up to be same. My brother also help to check as well.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 9:31am On Jun 03, 2017
CHERIPH:

No..I am not using a mobile . I used a desktop and even tried on laptop. It comes up to be same. My brother also help to check as well.

When you login scroll down to the read messages arena.

Click on read messages then on there next page scroll down and look for the newest message there then click on it if will show you view message prompt click on view message and viola it will be downloaded into ur system as PDF so you can view and read.

Enjoy
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 9:50am On Jun 03, 2017
baani:

thanks for your response but im having a difficult time trying to accept it, so your saying that if i have an american visa i cant get other visas or let me put it this way because i have an american visa i cant travel to other countries till the american visa expire?

Thanks @Jawa for the clarifications done. @Baani; it is against the rules of proper use of a visitor's visa as in this case you are handling to not even "visit" home country as it were any longer. She's even spending more time abroad than home country, and yet she's on a B1/B2. That on its own is bad enough. And now, you want to complicate issues more with this your current plan! People do make that mistake of having a couple of other country's visitors visa and just go round these countries and avoid overstay in any, well, that's a red flag/turn off, you are simply stringing visas and won't go down well with a visa officer. You can actually apply for a Canadian visa for her from the US, but her use of the US visa so far can impact negatively on such application too. She may at the end of the day end up not having a valid visa for both countries and be barred from both too if you don't approach this carefully.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anniora: 10:19am On Jun 03, 2017
Thanks expertman for the prompt response. Seeing that most visa application are being rejected because of "purpose of travel" and I didn't state much in my application. What are my chances being that it is a renewal as I have been to Canada twice. Also does renewal also take 30 to 60 days to process? I submitted biometrics since 19th March in lagos.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 10:36am On Jun 03, 2017
khasm:

Hi khasm, a reservation need not be confirmed. As always, never commit your hard earned money prior to visa issuance. Any booking agent can help you out with this or you can head to some airline websites to do it yourself. It will just show departure and arrival times and duration of stay with no pricing details. The intent to go back to your home country is what a VO is looking for. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 10:42am On Jun 03, 2017
Fagam:
@jawa
Thank you for helping us out.
About the ticket booking issue.
How can we book for tickets without paying for it?
Any websites please?
Thanks a lot

Hi Fagam, if you have a booking agent friend, he can easily help you out with this. You can also use any airline website. This reservation will be cancelled if you do not pay after a specified period but it matters not. The VO is looking to see how you have planned to go back home, thats all. The keyword is planned. After-all people buy return tickets, travel and then refuse to go back home. The VOs know this. You only need show it to help overcome the immigrant intent. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CHERIPH: 10:47am On Jun 03, 2017
expertman:

When you login scroll down to the read messages arena.

Click on read messages then on there next page scroll down and look for the newest message there then click on it if will show you view message prompt click on view message and viola it will be downloaded into ur system as PDF so you can view and read.

Enjoy

Thanks chief ..I will check it ASAP.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 10:55am On Jun 03, 2017
mrchemist:
Hey Jawa.. I see you busy and give prompt advise pls sir, my sister's husband just got a student visa and he want her visit on tourist and have a baby .my question is how easy can having the baby aid her to get PR and Study Permit ..Or What easy way out for her thanks Pls any gurus can also advise thanks God bless

Dear mrchemist, my knowledge is limited. I am here to learn as well. I am not sure if canada has the spouse of a student option like the F2 category in the US visa categories. She may have to apply for a normal visitor visa first. Child delivery is allowed on this visa but she has to be very honest about her intentions and show communication with a doctor and evidence of a lot of money mostly in cash at POE or evidence of payment already made. She must stay away from government grants too. The CBSA is worse than the US CBP. They can even preauthorize your card to verify the claimed amount. They tackle even Europeans the same way.
Having a baby in canada ends at that. It does not make her more qualified to be a PR than anybody else neither does it make it easier for her to get a study permit. Now her husband is in canada, she has an even greater burden to overcome in explaining to a VO as to why she'll come back after her studies.
My opinion. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 11:06am On Jun 03, 2017
anniora:
Thanks expertman for the prompt response. Seeing that most visa application are being rejected because of "purpose of travel" and I didn't state much in my application. What are my chances being that it is a renewal as I have been to Canada twice. Also does renewal also take 30 to 60 days to process? I submitted biometrics since 19th March in lagos.

Dear anniora, the canadian VO is not bound by law to reveal the actual reason for refusal in the refusal letter like the UK ECOs are. They can tick whatever they like. I know someone who had been everywhere in Europe and had been to US and his canadian visa refusal had travel history as reason. He wasn't traveling too much or too long neither was he visiting hostile cities. Applying for GCMS notes is the only way to know why an application was refused. This is like writing an exam, failing and then re writing the same exam without knowing what or why you failed. A failure might just be imminent.
In your case, having visited and returned is an upper hand but every application is different. all applications are treated as though they're first timers as the 'dropbox' option is not available. Your chances cannot be told. You and the VO are in the best position to tell because only both of you know your story completely.
Best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anniora: 11:23am On Jun 03, 2017
Thanks alot Jawa much appreciated. Fingers crossed
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 11:23am On Jun 03, 2017
Oga Jawa please how can online applicants apply for GCMS?

Jawa:

Dear anniora, the canadian VO is not bound by law to reveal the actual reason for refusal in the refusal letter like the UK ECOs are. They can tick whatever they like. I know someone who had been everywhere in Europe and had been to US and his canadian visa refusal had travel history as reason. He wasn't traveling too much or too long neither was he visiting hostile cities. Applying for GCMS notes is the only way to know why an application was refused. This is like writing an exam, failing and then re writing the same exam without knowing what or why you failed. A failure might just be imminent.
In your case, having visited and returned is an upper hand but every application is different. all applications are treated as though they're first timers as the 'dropbox' option is not available. Your chances cannot be told. You and the VO are in the best position to tell because only both of you know your story completely.
Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SamReinvented: 2:33pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hello gurus.

I just realized a "minor" mistake in my application, whilst I was going through the documents I submitted. In my SOP and LOE, I wrote 2016, instead of 2017, for the date of my travel. This is due to the fact, I used the letter that I wrote for the visa application of my vacation last year as a template. I changed the dates and months but apparently, the year skipped my sight. The other documents (application form, hotel bookings, flight reservation) all carry 2017, just the SOP and LOE. Should I be worried? If yes, how can I correct this in time, before it causes any problems?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 2:37pm On Jun 03, 2017
Mo
SamReinvented:
Hello gurus.

I just realized a "minor" mistake in my application, whilst I was going through the documents I submitted. In my SOP and LOE, I wrote 2016, instead of 2017, for the date of my travel. This is due to the fact, I used the letter that I wrote for the visa application of my vacation last year as a template. I changed the dates and months but apparently, the year skipped my sight. The other documents
(application form, hotel bookings, flight reservation) all carry 2017, just the SOP and LOE. Should I be worried? If yes, how can I correct this in time, before it causes any problems?

Hello bro you got nothing to worry about basically alot of peeps make such error and the VO is also aware of this.

So got nothing to worry about once all your documents warrant a visa they will ask you about that.

Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SamReinvented: 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
expertman:
Mo

Hello bro you got nothing to worry about basically alot of peeps make such error and the VO is also aware of this.

So got nothing to worry about once all your documents warrant a visa they will ask you about that.

Enjoy

I pray so o. Waiting for the inputs of the others in the house.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dynekest: 6:46am On Jun 04, 2017
SamReinvented:

I pray so o. Waiting for the inputs of the others in the house.

Hello bro, can you help with those templates? As for your questions I think that's a minor error.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 04, 2017
SamReinvented:
Hello gurus.

I just realized a "minor" mistake in my application, whilst I was going through the documents I submitted. In my SOP and LOE, I wrote 2016, instead of 2017, for the date of my travel. This is due to the fact, I used the letter that I wrote for the visa application of my vacation last year as a template. I changed the dates and months but apparently, the year skipped my sight. The other documents (application form, hotel bookings, flight reservation) all carry 2017, just the SOP and LOE. Should I be worried? If yes, how can I correct this in time, before it causes any problems?
Have it corrected asap and send them an email, attaching the corrected docs. To err is human. I and colleague had made worse mistakes in the past. What we simply did was send them mail alongside the corrected docs. Amazingly, the CIC too often makes costly mistakes on visa stickers...typo errors, swapping applicants' docs, etc. Don't fret, pls.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Domdiv: 9:35am On Jun 04, 2017
Hello Nairalanders in the house, please I need your advise from anyone who is experience in Canadian applications. I have this IMM 0008 (03-2017) E, GENERIC APPLICATION FORM FOR CANADA.
1. After filling the form, how do one submit it? Is it online or by post?
2. Do i need to pay any money for the Application or any fee to Canada, or is it free?
3. Any receipt of fund accompanying the filled form?
4. I the principal applicant have an international passport but my spouse and children don't have international passport which is requested on the form, will the application be refused if I tick no passport?

Any vital information will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Rita
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 11:57am On Jun 04, 2017
It's past 60 days already, I also applied march 21 and nothing yet, it's so tiring tho.

expertman:

Don't expect to hear from them now it take about 60dsys after biometrics to make their decision.

They will request for you passport through your email when needed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (1110) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: deejay102, dubaiboy1, williamszooh and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.