Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2317876 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (1098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 10:02am On Jul 06, 2017
Believe13:
I didn't state in my US application I will visiting Canada. If I now apply from Nigeria, will thére be an issue at US POE?

Secondly, I read in one of the post you answered,that you don't drop your passport when applying online.

Thirdly,how long does it take when apply online. cus I intend travelling by August.

Lastly, what if am already in the US when decision is made? Cos I will still be with my passport.

You can apply from USA, however if your trip to USA is not an early one then you can apply from Nigeria, just plan like 3 month for the visa to be out which of course is not guarantee
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bestbuyer(m): 10:19am On Jul 06, 2017
mesh2003:

1 & 2- yes you need to scan and upload all supporting documents. I know there is a space limit but am not sure. some people know how to reduce the size after saving it on pdf. google is your friend. I think @jawa will know.
3. there is room for later upload if and when they request for additional documents. When my mum received her UK visa, I scanned it and sent through email and CSE form to them as added travel history which they acknowledged they received.
4. if you are doing online, you have to pay for biometrics fee online immediately before you can get a confirmation of submission letter.
5. you don't need to scan your "IMM" forms. Download them, fill them on your laptop, validate the main visa application form and upload. I filled 2 forms for my mum, the TRV form and family form. the family form doesn't need to be signed orvalidated. Just fill and upload.

@MESH2003...
I hereby induct you to our 'CANADA TRV HALL OF FAME' officially.
You are always a source of encouragement.
But you didn't reply the last lines.... cheesy
All the same, my regards to Mom and the family....

@JAWA... Please what is the space constrain for uploading forms and the solution to it...

You guys are da..........
Thanks all.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Michelle001: 10:36am On Jul 06, 2017
Thanks all,

I appreciate your responses!

Please can you guide me on how to get my GCMS notes from the VO?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bestbuyer(m): 10:37am On Jul 06, 2017
Michelle001:
Hi everyone,

I have been a silent reader, following the trail of conversations. Great to be on this informative and wonderful platform.

I applied for my TRV on the 3rd of May, 2017 through the online application and had my biometrics on the 4th of May, 2017 at the Lagos VFS office.

Got a refusal message yesterday from the VO in Accra Ghana stating "that i have not provided sufficient documentation to support my hosts income and assets.

My question goes like this, while filing my application, i had stated that I will be sponsoring myself, which I provided my account balance of 1.5 million naira for a vacation of 14 days. Purpose of visit as tourism(stated the places that I would be visiting), Introduction letter from my company, letter of explanation, pay slip for the past 4 months, tax payments, travel itinerary etc.

Since I'm working and sponsoring my self, should i have attached my hosts income and assets?

I didn't include my hosts income, since the reason for my visit is on tourism purposes, therefore I should be financially okay to sponsor my trip.

I had informed them in my application that my host is my friend and that I will be staying in my hosts apartment during my 14 days visit. A letter of invitation as well as my hosts permanent residence permit was included in my application.

I'm so sad right now, thought I was gonna get the visa.

@MICHELLE001...
Sorry about the outcome of your TRV. i can now say that from several views and comments VISA is always refused based on an error or omission during the application.
I think personally that once you include an invite, then you must meet all criteria stated in their CHECKLIST.
Well done.....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Believe13: 12:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
Thanks ladylco for responding. Pls do you know anyone who has applied from the US ? If yes,how was the process. Thanks.

ladylco:

You can apply from USA, however if your trip to USA is not an early one then you can apply from Nigeria, just plan like 3 month for the visa to be out which of course is not guarantee
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2017
Believe13:
Thanks ladylco for responding. Pls do you know anyone who has applied from the US ? If yes,how was the process. Thanks.

I don't know anyone personally but I read somewhere on this thread where someone who have tried it and it worked for his wife, try read up the thread but be sure to have ample travel time while in the USA before your Canada submission in USA.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 5:57pm On Jul 06, 2017
Believe13:

You can apply for visa from anywhere in the world but the problem is always your immigration status in the country you are applying from and I also heard someone was denied based on the embassy not being able to verify documents on time since he was not applying from his home country. I know a couple of people that tried it and it worked. They had to write really convincing letter of explanation as to why they were applying from a country other than their country of residence. Its the same process and even faster.
I will try it for my mum when she gets. She will apply for her US visa from Canada. I think it will be easier since she has to be interviewed. She will be able to explain why she is applying from Canada and not Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 2:47am On Jul 07, 2017
Please i need clarification on this online TRV application.

I am resident in Canada as PR holder and wants to invite my mom to spend some months with me,she is retired and a widow and by that i supplied all she needs for her application all document listed on cic checklist and sent them all to my younger brother back in Nigeria who is to make the online application.

The application was submitted online yesterday and i asked him to forward me the document to keep in my record..but suprisngly going tru i noticed he made grave mistakes in..my invitation letter has duration of her stay as sept to feb but the flight booking has sept to march..and in the application form he had oct to jan..i am so pissed..

apart from this all other things were ok...do i cancel this application and ask for refund and fill out and submit another or is there a way to get across to the cic to explain?
thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 12:23pm On Jul 07, 2017
gentleiphy:

I am resident in Canada as PR holder and wants to invite my mom to spend some months with me,she is retired and a widow and by that i supplied all she needs for her application all document listed on cic checklist and sent them all to my younger brother back in Nigeria who is to make the online application.

The application was submitted online yesterday and i asked him to forward me the document to keep in my record..but suprisngly going tru i noticed he made grave mistakes in..my invitation letter has duration of her stay as sept to feb but the flight booking has sept to march..and in the application form he had oct to jan..i am so pissed..

apart from this all other things were ok...do i cancel this application and ask for refund and fill out and submit another or is there a way to get across to the cic to explain?
thanks

I will advise you cancel if you can and fill another application with correct details
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by darznets(m): 3:48pm On Jul 07, 2017
Believe13:
Is this your first time applying? Have you travelled elsewhere before now? Pls awaiting your response.

Hello, it's my first time of applying for Canada Visa but am a regular traveller across the world.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adeosas(f): 4:32pm On Jul 07, 2017
hello house please I'm a frequent reader in this forum....I want to apply for a Tourist Canada visa from Nigeria here. the problem I'm having here I don't know the website I will click to start my application, how to pay for the visa and the amount.Also the requirement for tourist visa,I'm self Employed also I have a business of my own is well registered under CAC.please kindly give me the necessary information I needed .Thanks waiting for replys
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 5:43pm On Jul 07, 2017
gentleiphy:

thanks

I don't know anything about cancelling an application. Travel dates don't really affect applications. If everything is correct, they wont deny the visa because of mixed up dates. You can always send an email to them quoting the ULI number and clarify it. I advice people to put between 2-3 weeks on a visiting visa application. When she gets here, she can stay for 6 months. Have you heard of the super visa for parents since you have PR? She will get 10 years visa and can stay 2 years in row. The processing time is longer though. Next time do it yourself. I applied for my mum in May. did everything from here. Got approved the other day. I just put 2 weeks but she will stay 2 months. If the person stays longer, the onus is on you to provide for her . Also anything more than 3 months requires travel health insurance.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2017
My mum is currently in the UK and will come to Canada from there. Has anyone submitted his/her passport in another country other than the country you applied from? I called VFS Lagos and they said I can submit it anywhere in the world but VFS UK said I should get a letter from Accra immigration first before submitting. Any thoughts on this?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Believe13: 8:46pm On Jul 07, 2017
OK. Thanks. That means very good travel history is important.

darznets:

Hello, it's my first time of applying for Canada Visa but am a regular traveller across the world.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adeosas(f): 9:42am On Jul 08, 2017
Adeosas:
hello house please I'm a frequent reader in this forum....I want to apply for a Tourist Canada visa from Nigeria here. the problem I'm having here I don't know the website I will click to start my application, how to pay for the visa and the amount.Also the requirement for tourist visa,I'm self Employed also I have a business of my own is well registered under CAC.please kindly give me the necessary information I needed .Thanks waiting for replys
please house answer my question ohhh....plss
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifymeme: 10:24am On Jul 08, 2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

quote author=Adeosas post=58241517]please house answer my question ohhh....plss[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CanadianNurse: 3:02am On Jul 09, 2017
Good day house,

Do royal air Maroc flights have Wi-Fi on board? If not how can I provide my own Internet on board?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 7:55pm On Jul 09, 2017
Michelle001:
Thanks all,

I appreciate your responses!

@Jawa, Please can you guide me on how to get my GCMS notes from the VO?

hi Michelle001, please check gcmsnow.com. you might find it helpful. good luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 8:10pm On Jul 09, 2017
Believe13:
Thanks Jawa really appreciate your advise.

To be honest I just want to use this holiday to tour a bit even to the UK smiley .Though my husband is not interested not an adventurer like me, he will always say" its a waste of money touring like that ,just pick one" I had to convince him to apply for the US visa with me cos I was told its easier with family. Been to dubia before. Anyway, by the end of this week should be able to decide apart from US which other country to visit. Thanks once again jawa. Might come again with questions,pls bear with me. Thanks.

[Qquote author=Jawa post=58165817]

dear believe13, your chances can never be told by a non canadian VO no matter how knowledgeable of the process you think the individual may be. you have a lot of doubts ant thats not good. whether you apply in the US or Nigeria, the VO that will adjudicate the case have the same training and the outcome will most likely be the same. prior travel to the US also will NOT guaranty a canadian visa. the whole circumstance is only known to you and the VO. always apply for visas where you have most ties to return to.
my advise and what i think you should do is to apply from nigeria and hope it comes out in time. in your letter of explanation, you have to explain to the VO why this trip is so important and why it can't be the other way round(her visiting) and integrate your itinerary in your letter. if you have been a traveller, reiterate to the VO that this is not your first time out of the country and you have always come back and this will not be any different.i may be wrong but i always assume that when a VO starts assessing an application, one of the first things he/she does is to read the letter of explanation and check the documents to verify and if things check out with their verification, they issue. really, canadian VOs are not like the US VOs who just look at your ties home and most times ignore your reason for visit.in a TRV application, your purpose of visit always has to make sense. i understand you want to use one stone to kill two birds and i really hope it works out. the world is too big and its lovely to see. best of luck.

Hi Believe13, we are all here to learn and i believe people will be glad to hear your questions.if you are a genuine explorer, you might want to check the visa-free/visa-on-arrival countries a Nigerian passport holder has access to. Barbados is quite close to the US and can set you back between 300USD to 500USD on economy and of course, depending on airline and the assumption you're departing the US from the east coast. my all time favorite suggestion is Istanbul. it is incredibly beautiful and sits on two continents just across the Bosphorus river. you can get a turkish e-visa online once you have a valid US, Shenghen, UK or Japanese Visa but you must be flying into Istanbul's Atartuk airport on turkish airlines. the only disadvantage of this is that turkish can be careless with baggage so make sure to carry your most important items in your carry-on. you can do this on your way to the UK and if you eventually go to the US from the UK, you can visit Barbados if resources is not a problem. alternatively, a Shenghen Visa can do you a lot of good. the cost of a tictet to Toronto on a normal day can take you to Paris and at least 3 other European cities on cheap short haul flights.
for me, i'm only interested in seeing new places and meeting people. if i am denied a visa for a country, i rarely go back unless its business and its mostly after a while. the world is too big.best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 8:13pm On Jul 09, 2017
I think you check out online reviews of the airline...

CanadianNurse:
Good day house,

Do royal air Maroc flights have Wi-Fi on board? If not how can I provide my own Internet on board?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 8:15pm On Jul 09, 2017
bestbuyer:

@MESH2003...
I hereby induct you to our 'CANADA TRV HALL OF FAME' officially.
You are always a source of encouragement.
But you didn't reply the last lines.... cheesy
All the same, my regards to Mom and the family....

@JAWA... Please what is the space constrain for uploading forms and the solution to it...

You guys are da..........
Thanks all.

hi, 4MB is allocated to every upload which is more than enough. there are hundreds of pdf joining and shrinking tools online so you can just search and make use of one. please keep your uploads simple and clear and if possible, let each upload have a check-list of whats in it. make the VO's job easier as it is easier for him/her to deny the application than to waste more than required time on it searching and thinking a document embedded in the uploads somewhere was not even presented. also, be honest.best of luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 8:41pm On Jul 09, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Good day house,

hi CanadianNurse, this is a very broad question. if you are asking if they have wifi on their flights to Canada, to the best of my knowlege, they now operate a 787-8 boeing to Montreal as against a ridiculously old boeing 747 they used on this route. this aircraft has wifi capabilities but air maroc is very much uninterested in customer satisfaction like egypt air so it might still not equipped with it. if its not so important, you can see somewhere to use/buy at the Casablanca airport as the trip to canada doesnt have a ridiculously long haul flight on both legs. if wifi is priority, try Lufthansa, Emirates or Qatar that im sure of or call any choice airline office for confirmation. also have in mind that this wifi is usually not complementary, you have to pay for it no matter how small but some are not cheap.if you havent bought this ticket yet, please reconsider.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CanadianNurse: 11:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
Jawa:

hi CanadianNurse, this is a very broad question. if you are asking if they have wifi on their flights to Canada, to the best of my knowlege, they now operate a 787-8 boeing to Montreal as against a ridiculously old boeing 747 they used on this route. this aircraft has wifi capabilities but air maroc is very much uninterested in customer satisfaction like egypt air so it might still not equipped with it. if its not so important, you can see somewhere to use/buy at the Casablanca airport as the trip to canada doesnt have a ridiculously long haul flight on both legs. if wifi is priority, try Lufthansa, Emirates or Qatar that im sure of or call any choice airline office for confirmation. also have in mind that this wifi is usually not complementary, you have to pay for it no matter how small but some are not cheap.if you havent bought this ticket yet, please reconsider.
Thanks but what can you say generally about royal air Maroc?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TRUMPMAD: 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
Good morning,

Please can i apply for my canada visitor visa from US. I am running a training for 3month here and i will like to apply.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by okoji: 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
Good day, pls whats the process of retrieving my passport from the embassy to enable me travel to another country and also return the passport when i'm back?. Paper route submission
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifymeme: 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hi you can't return your passport when you return, you have to start a new application if you retrieve your passport before your visa application is processed. I was at the VFS office recently to find out. P.s please what month and date did you apply? Abuja or Lagos

quote author=okoji post=58318005]Good day, pls whats the process of retrieving my passport from the embassy to enable me travel to another country and also return the passport when i'm back?. Paper route submission[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifymeme: 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hello Paulchuks,any update concerning your friend's application.

quote author=paulchuks post=57941897]Hi a friend applied around april ending and got pick up notification yetserday. Will update abt the outcome. Lagos Papaer submission thou! Cheers to everyone expecting their TRV

[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifymeme: 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2017
gbfav have you got any responses yet.

quote author=gbfav post=57808028]

ifymeme:

Dear Ifymeme, please do u have an idea if any one that applied for Visiting visa from April 20th 2017 Via VFS paper application has gotten response as i applied in 24th but yet to get response from them.

[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by okoji: 7:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
ifymeme:
Hi you can't return your passport when you return, you have to start a new application if you retrieve your passport before your visa application is processed. I was at the VFS office recently to find out. P.s please what month and date did you apply? Abuja or Lagos

quote author=okoji post=58318005]Good day, pls whats the process of retrieving my passport from the embassy to enable me travel to another country and also return the passport when i'm back?. Paper route submission

Thanks a lot for your response. This is crazy o. I applied in May, Abuja but something came up and i need to travel.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Graceee: 8:21pm On Jul 10, 2017
@Ify meme
A friend of mine called the embassy paper route lagos on Friday 7th July. And the consular told him they were currentrying proceasing 24th of April as at that Friday. Just expect your application out soon.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gbfav: 12:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
My dear, nothing yet, still waiting for the good news.

ifymeme:
gbfav have you got any responses yet.

quote author=gbfav post=57808028]

ifymeme:

Dear Ifymeme, please do u have an idea if any one that applied for Visiting visa from April 20th 2017 Via VFS paper application has gotten response as i applied in 24th but yet to get response from them.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bestbuyer(m): 6:11pm On Jul 11, 2017
Jawa:

hi, 4MB is allocated to every upload which is more than enough. there are hundreds of pdf joining and shrinking tools online so you can just search and make use of one. please keep your uploads simple and clear and if possible, let each upload have a check-list of whats in it. make the VO's job easier as it is easier for him/her to deny the application than to waste more than required time on it searching and thinking a document embedded in the uploads somewhere was not even presented. also, be honest.best of luck

Wow!!! @JAWA....
God bless you and all, you just said what i thought... Thank God i stopped by to check comments.
@JAWA... i officially confer on you the title of GCTRV in the "TRV HALL OF FAME"
Well done... (by the way, GCTRV simply means... GRAND COMMANDER of TRV wink

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (1098) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: OTIK, emmaodet, Newbie232 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.