Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,712 members, 7,831,225 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2348599 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (1112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 3:56pm On Jul 30, 2017
cascas:

Thanks jawa, please am a newbie and I want to be enlightened, what is CBSA, POE, GCMS, IRCC, US CBP and for the express entry, I had my Bsc degree since 2010 and I have over 5yrs work experience as a customer service person in the power sector, but I dont think there is any occupation in the list that's fits my experience, is there any other way I can go about it pls

Hi, google would have easily helped you out with this;
CBSA- Canada border services agency
POE- port of entry
GCMS- global case management system
IRCC- immigration refugees citizenship Canada
US CBP- US customs and border protection

I am sorry to say that your job role must have a designated NOC to use express entry. You can start off your journey as a student, gain some Canada work experience alongside and use the CEH( Canada experience hire) route as this is for people with work experience within Canada. You might have to visit the express entry thread here on nairaland for clarification. Good luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nampofo: 6:20pm On Jul 30, 2017
My application is 60 days now against 24 days on CIC website. They replied to my mail that they have so many applications now and they are processing on first come first served basis. I guess they are over loaded and overwhelmed with the large numbers of applications at this period.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by okoji: 7:38pm On Jul 30, 2017
I'm really tired of this wait. I think May applications will start getting response from this week all the way to September. Honestly their process is quite slow.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelpes: 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
Thanks for the prompt and helpful responses.I have a 3yrs TRV expiring Nov 1 and wish to apply again for Christmas vacation. Can I apply now?Will also be visiting same family and travelling to same location.Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 7:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
The fact that you need money to your account, is a good pointer to a rejection, suspicious inflows must be explained with evidence, and this is done to avoid the 'crime' of money lodgement.

jixasi:
Good day guys.... Plz I wanted to know do any one know who can boost my account? I want to apply for visiting visa but my account ain't encouraging... Plz help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigcil2(m): 11:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
Wow! Thanks for taking your time to explain. I really appreciate. Thank you.

That part of spending company fund is doing me somehow, lol. But I'll try and figure out a way to explain to the VO that I'm not playing with my firms funds.

Jawa:

Hi bigcil2, this is a pretty long post and most of the questions have been addressed just a few pages back which questions your claim to have read up the thread. I hope i can still assist.
Firstly, using your business account is not always a good idea. Best to separate business from pleasure.
1) you mustn't have someone in Canada to be qualified for a visa
2) be honest with your intentions but I think 6 weeks is too long. You better have a structure in place to help clear the VOs concern of how your business will be run in this time
3)booking.com or airbnb to the rescue here
4)this is not a good idea. It would seem you are spending a company's money for pleasure. VOs never welcome it so you better have a great explanation
5)this is good for you but I don't see a question here really
6)this is solely at the discretion of the VO but CIC will never issue a visa exceeding passport expiration unlike the US and the U.K.
7)also solely at the discretion of the VO. Actually VOs have been advised by IRCC to issue long term multiple entry visas if applicants qualify for it so if you impress the VO, you'll be in luck. You can read that up on CICs website
8 )business is allowed on the category V visa but this should not be your primary purpose of visit if you had earlier stated in your application you're visiting for tourism. It will seem deceptive and the CBSA officer will frown at it. Remember they have power so don't upset them.
9)there is no format here. This is your best bet to impress the VO and also make the job easy. Make it explicit yet not too long
10)budgets are totally up to individuals. For me, I must shop and see the new city so it's always high so I limit my self-funded travels to 2-3 times a year. You need to have enough money and this depends on period of visit and actual destination in Canada . There are cheaper carriers but I wouldn't advise air maroc unless you're heading to Montreal however ET is good but not cheap anymore. Those days are gone with the naira devaluation in June 2016. What you have to look out for is to make sure your flight is not routed via this US. If you're going inward towards Saskatoon or Vancouver, airfrance/Klm are fund of routing their flights via MSP in the US. Play around with your dates in the period but December is a peak carrier period. Prepare to pay high.
11) paying for anything before a visa here is a waste of money. Booking details will suffice
12) again, booking details and a planned itinerary is enough. Proper planning here is key
Best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kendrick56: 12:20am On Jul 31, 2017
Please I had applied May 17th for a Canada visit Visa I have visited Canada before. I'm a frequent traveler so I had booked my ticket for August 12th already and visa still not yet out please what can I do because it's so expensive to change the date I'm traveling. please someone should give me an advise on what to do
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EBENEZERABAYOMI: 12:35am On Jul 31, 2017
Pls i want to know if having to have travelling experience is the only key to getting canadian visa. I want to apply for visiting visa for canada for me and my wife but people around are saying my wife and i must have travelling experience before canada can give us visa. Some are suggesting that my wife and i should travel to Dubai or southafrica first before applying for the canadian visa. Please is it true.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EBENEZERABAYOMI: 1:22am On Jul 31, 2017
Pls i want to know if having to have travelling experience is the only key to getting canadian visa. I want to apply for visiting visa for canada for me and my wife but people around are saying my wife and i must have travelling experience before canada can give us visa. Some are suggesting that my wife and i should travel to Dubai or southafrica first before applying for the canadian visa. Please is it true.

Also how do i apply after paying the application fees in GTB, is it online or i would go to canadian embassy to collect application form.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EBENEZERABAYOMI: 1:24am On Jul 31, 2017

How do i get the form. is it online or i go to canadian embassy to collect the form. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by JinkelTrucks: 8:03am On Jul 31, 2017
I think you should call the Embassy.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zoegirl91: 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2017
stjsd:
Guys pls am beagining to worry about my trv application which was submitted at vfs office Lagos 25th of May, 2017. But till now no response and I've try tracking but all effort was aborted which I think it cus is a paper route. Pls May applicants any update from ur end?

I applied May 8th, something came up and I needed my passport so I cancelled it on Thursday, They just said my passport it ready for collection..smh. Guess cancelled passports get attended to sharp sharp. Its u fortunate. Now I have to start all over again after I'm done with my passport. ...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Next01: 2:47pm On Jul 31, 2017
Please any news from the May applicants I plead with all -that as soon as we get response, it would be nice to give updates about it on here and not just forget this forum entirely.. That will go a long in assisting others. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelpes: 3:50pm On Jul 31, 2017
overlord77:

My passport is back from vfsglobal and I was given 3yrs . i.e till my current passport expires

Congrats.Please help clarify.I have completed the Questionnaire for the online application and document upload section was shown.I have a concern as i picked Visit family and/or friends(main applicant), Visit-All other types(spouse) and the letter of invitation upload box came up.However in the main application form the Visit family and/or friend is not available. In my situation am visiting a friend and his family.

1.What was your main purpose in the FORM?Tourism or Family Visit?
2.On the relationship with inviter, please what did you upload?
3.For spouse where can i upload employment and financial evidence?

Will appreciate response from any one in the house as well.Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by stjsd(m): 6:02pm On Jul 31, 2017
Zoegirl91:

I applied May 8th, something came up and I needed my passport so I cancelled it on Thursday, They just said my passport it ready for collection..smh. Guess cancelled passports get attended to sharp sharp. Its u fortunate. Now I have to start all over again after I'm done with my passport. ...

Thanks for responding
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by stjsd(m): 6:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 7:32pm On Jul 31, 2017
Kendrick56:
Please I had applied May 17th for a Canada visit Visa I have visited Canada before. I'm a frequent traveler so I had booked my ticket for August 12th already and visa still not yet out please what can I do because it's so expensive to change the date I'm traveling. please someone should give me an advise on what to do

Hi, buying a ticket before visa issuance is never a good idea and could even be a waste of money. It is not a requirement for a visa. If you're a frequent traveler, you should have known that fully. The Canadian embassy will not jump queues for you if you don't qualify for expedited processing. Truly, I believe if they attend to your application because of your disturbance, it's rather because its your time and documents have been verified and evaluated and just in time to be issued/denied and of course this must be after the processing times have elapsed. For your case, it's either you pull your passport or you modify your itinerary. Good luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 7:34pm On Jul 31, 2017
Travelpes:
Thanks for the prompt and helpful responses.I have a 3yrs TRV expiring Nov 1 and wish to apply again for Christmas vacation. Can I apply now?Will also be visiting same family and travelling to same location.Thanks

Hi Travelpes, its always a good idea you apply early. Best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 7:36pm On Jul 31, 2017
stjsd:
@ Jawa and the rest, pls there is something boarding my heart about my trv application. Base on the letter I wrote to backup my trv reason, the date has already pass by due to the delay in visa processing. Pls my concern now is that do I need to rewrite to them updating my latter? Or it doesn't matter?

It doesn't matter.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 7:38pm On Jul 31, 2017
cascas:

Thank you very much Jawa for your timely response and advise, you have been very helpful, pls can i have the privilege to PM you...hardknock2u@yahoo.com

Dear cascas, I will have to turn down this request because I like to do this at my leisure. I hope you understand. We shall always try to respond to request here because we all learn in the process too.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2017
Kendrick56:

In my case, I invited my mother who was leaving for the Uk. I sent an email pleading that they process her application with UK visa attached and flight itinerary. They responded and told me I would get a passport request the next day, which I did. So you can try and plead with them. No harm in trying.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 7:50pm On Jul 31, 2017
EBENEZERABAYOMI:

Dear EBENEZERABAYOMI, this is not true as Canada and US issue most first time travelers visas. Travel history is a way a VO can assess your ties back home because if you have a history of going to advanced countries and returning, it would mean vaguely that you have something important to come back home to. It would also clear a concern of where you have been to as regards hostile regions. In essence, travel history counts but ties evaluation is a holistic approach. You surely don't have to make meaningless trips especially to SA or UAE as these countries don't even carry weight as far as travel history is concerned in a US/Canada visa application. Take it easy and make your application strong by presenting meaningful documents, your application will be approved. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
stjsd:
@ Jawa and the rest, pls there is something boarding my heart about my trv application. Base on the letter I wrote to backup my trv reason, the date has already pass by due to the delay in visa processing. Pls my concern now is that do I need to rewrite to them updating my latter? Or it doesn't matter?

Hi stjsd, it depends. If you applied for mainly a business inclined visit like a training or one time conference/symposium, the timelines of your application matters a lot because if this is the only reason you wish to visit Canada, then it has passed and there wouldn't be any need to issue and the VO can refuse the application based on purpose of visit. But it is not always the case as every application is different. But If you then apply to visit friends or family maybe alongside something else, timing will be less considered in that case. It is simple to understand I believe and only you know the entire circumstance in which you applied. Send mails if you believe it may assist your case. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2017
mesh2003:

It doesn't matter.

Hi mesh2003, timelines matter depending on an application. I know people whose GCMS notes specifically mentioned that. You may need to research on that. If you have a time dependent application and you missed the timeline due to application processing times, even if a VO is merciful and issues, the CBSA officer can still refuse entry. If this is a reunion of family/friends alongside whatever, the case is then different.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Leleky: 9:51pm On Jul 31, 2017
What is the effect of not signing you paper route application? Can it make application not to be processed. .. Has anybody gotten visa in this situation
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 10:06pm On Jul 31, 2017
Travelpes:

Congrats.Please help clarify.I have completed the Questionnaire for the online application and document upload section was shown.I have a concern as i picked Visit family and/or friends(main applicant), Visit-All other types(spouse) and the letter of invitation upload box came up.However in the main application form the Visit family and/or friend is not available. In my situation am visiting a friend and his family.

1.What was your main purpose in the FORM?Tourism or Family Visit? Family visit
2.On the relationship with inviter, please what did you upload?I uploaded family photo with the inviter in it.
3.For spouse where can i upload employment and financial evidence?As the primary applicant, the financial part is only available to you .
wrt to employment letter. I scanned all my employment letter, hers and even staff IDs of our current employers etc and put it all in a single word document.

Will appreciate response from any one in the house as well.Thank you

See my responses in red above

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Next01: 10:31pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hello all, I just got a mail to come quickly for my biometric at lekki before August 10.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DereI(f): 11:08pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hello all, good evening. For those who have travelled to canada on visit visas, how were you able to ship your foodstuffs (Palmoil,Garri,etc)? A friend of mine is going to Canada and USA on visit and needs a ''Genuine'' company who deals on shipping foodstuffs to enable them carry foodstuffs to the people hosting them while on visit. If you have any, kindly let me know. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 11:15pm On Jul 31, 2017
Jawa:

Hi mesh2003, timelines matter depending on an application. I know people whose GCMS notes specifically mentioned that. You may need to research on that. If you have a time dependent application and you missed the timeline due to application processing times, even if a VO is merciful and issues, the CBSA officer can still refuse entry. If this is a reunion of family/friends alongside whatever, the case is then different.

OK. Am just saying based on student visa applications that are approved after resumption date and family visit visa I guess. I think it might not apply to conferences or business meetings.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DereI(f): 11:30pm On Jul 31, 2017
mesh2003:

OK. Am just saying based on student visa applications that are approved after resumption date and family visit visa I guess. I think it might not apply to conferences or business meetings.

Mesh Mesh, you too are here ni?

Could you please answer my above question?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by frank2075: 5:59am On Aug 01, 2017
@Overlord What date did you apply

My passport is back from vfsglobal and I was given 3yrs . i.e till my current passport expires[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (1112) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: id4sho(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.