Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2318370 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (1098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 7:48pm On Jul 27, 2017
ladylco:

Please can you share those ways to regularize visitor visa legally while in Canada?
Put in for ESL class and later further to University program to apply for study permit.
2. Go volunteer in a farm in BC or Alberta,If you can impress the farm owner with your committment volunteering,he can find you employment in Agricultural Stream and file your LMIA. But you will need to come back to Nigeria to apply for your work permit and re-enter if you did not overstayed while volunteering .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifymeme: 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2017
Meggito you didn't share the goodnews..hope you have got the visa now

quote author=Meggito post=58887229]Hello all, please I need to know if anyone has booked flights with travelbeta before. Please very urgent [/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Snillous(m): 8:12pm On Jul 27, 2017
Did u recieve reply from anyone in the room? I am applying this month too but the person over there says he will sign character assessment form letter for me at any police custody in Canada. I don't know what that it means. So I myself want to know which document to use to back it up. Have been in dubai and south Africa alone. Have been denied canadian visa three times but the last submission was 2014 but I want to try again next month of August.

quote author=unclerukus666 post=57212568]
Hi jawa
Please i'm new here, i'm a Nigerian schooling in Ghana.
i want to apply for a visiting visa to canada.
i have a valid international passport, an introductory letter from my school, invitation letter, bank details and document to show that she is a Canadian citizen, all from the person i'm going to visit ( my step mum)... please what documents do i need to get my visa... i'm planning on going for summer July- September because i have to resume school.
thanks.
[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 4:25am On Jul 28, 2017
Meggito:
Hello all, please I need to know if anyone has booked flights with travelbeta before. Please very urgent

No I haven't but i think they are like wakanow.com.

Did you eventually get a response from myCIC after the long wait?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigcil2(m): 9:10am On Jul 28, 2017
Hello House , I've been a silent reader of this post, and it's really enlightening. I'm planning on going on vacation between Dec and Jan 18 and I feel now is the right time for me to apply. It's worthy to note that I'm completely new to this and should be treated as a novice grin

I have a few questions before I proceed like to state that I plan applying online and I'm working on getting my passport renewed. I run a business that has been registered, and i plan using my business account to sponsor the trip since most of all my personal and business expenses runs through that account.

1. I plan visiting as a tourist. I don't have a friend or family in Canada I can stay with.

2. I want to visit from Dec 28- Feb 10th 18
3. I want to stay in a hotel during this duration or just rent an apartment.
4. Can I use my business account even though it's not in my name.
5. I'm single and not married but I have ties to my home country
- a functional business
- landed properties
6. How many years visa can I get with a passport that has a life span of 5 years.
7. Can I enter Canada multiple times after my initial visit.
8. Although I don't plan looking for a job but as a businessman, can I conduct business deals over there with my visitors permit?
9. In the letter of explanation, what do I write? Do I explain how my business is owned by me? How many staffs I've? Must I have a certain balance in my account or an earmarked amount meant for traveling.
10. What's is the minimum you think I need that would keep me for the duration I'm about to stay in Canada. I did a little research and found out that air Canada flight is 530k plus return, are there any cheaper airlines.
11. Must I pay for my flight before applying
12. Must I book my hotel / rent the apartment before applying - although that may not be possible cos they may need my details?

These are the questions I have, if you have any thing to input please do , every input will be highly valued.

Thank you @all
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cmurder007: 11:46am On Jul 28, 2017
Hello House,

I intend applying for my Canada visit visa, please i need a sample letter/format to explain the purpose of my trip, details which could include itinerary length of stay,sightseeing....i really would appreciate it if i can get a response from anyone who has been successful in getting the TRV.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigcil2(m): 5:53pm On Jul 28, 2017
cmurder007:
Hello House,

I intend applying for my Canada visit visa, please i need a sample letter/format to explain the purpose of my trip, details which could include itinerary length of stay,sightseeing....i really would appreciate it if i can get a response from anyone who has been successful in getting the TRV.
Me too. What's the meaning of Trv?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by metrotpu: 7:02pm On Jul 28, 2017
Temporary residence visa

quote author=bigcil2 post=58923378]
Me too. What's the meaning of Trv?[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by okoji: 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2017
mesh2003:

I applied May 9th but she did biometrics on May 19th. But I sent in a CSE form and 2 emails asking them to look into her application cos she was leaving for the UK. It was approved a day b4 she left. I have received an email from them telling her that she can submit at the VFS London office. If you have proof of travel plans made, you can send an email.

Which email did you send to pls?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2017
okoji:

Which email did you send to pls?

accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by okoji: 9:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
mesh2003:

accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

Okay thanks a lot.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by metrotpu: 4:17am On Jul 29, 2017
Good morning house please is there any update on may application please

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by frank2075: 8:19am On Jul 29, 2017
From my end nothing i applied may 3rd
when did u apply
which did u apply visit or study

Good morning house please is there any update on may application please [/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigcil2(m): 8:47am On Jul 29, 2017
bigcil2:
Hello House , I've been a silent reader of this post, and it's really enlightening. I'm planning on going on vacation between Dec and Jan 18 and I feel now is the right time for me to apply. It's worthy to note that I'm completely new to this and should be treated as a novice grin

I have a few questions before I proceed like to state that I plan applying online and I'm working on getting my passport renewed. I run a business that has been registered, and i plan using my business account to sponsor the trip since most of all my personal and business expenses runs through that account.

1. I plan visiting as a tourist. I don't have a friend or family in Canada I can stay with.

- a functional business
- landed properties
6. How many years visa can I get with a passport that has a life span of 5 years.
8. Although I don't plan looking for a job but as a businessman, can I conduct business deals over there with my visitors permit?
9. In the letter of explanation, what do I write? Do I explain how my business is owned by me? How many staffs I've? Must I have a certain balance in my account or an earmarked amount meant for traveling.
10. What's is the minimum you think I need that would keep me for the duration I'm about to stay in Canada. I did a little research and found out that air Canada flight is 530k plus return, are there any cheaper airlines.
12. Must I book my hotel / rent the apartment before applying - although that may not be possible cos they may need my details?

These are the questions I have, if you have any thing to input please do , every input will be highly valued.

Thank you @all
Please I need a reply guys
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by metrotpu: 8:49am On Jul 29, 2017
Mine was may 8 family visit

quote author=frank2075 post=58937567]
From my end nothing i applied may 3rd
when did u apply
which did u apply visit or study

Good morning house please is there any update on may application please [/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cascas: 9:03am On Jul 29, 2017
Bostin:
Put in for ESL class and later further to University program to apply for study permit.
2. Go volunteer in a farm in BC or Alberta,If you can impress the farm owner with your committment volunteering,he can find you employment in Agricultural Stream and file your LMIA. But you will need to come back to Nigeria to apply for your work permit and re-enter if you did not overstayed while volunteering .

Pls Boston, what is ESL or BC?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 10:18am On Jul 29, 2017
Bostin:

Hi Bostin, if it was that easy, Canada would be over populated by now. Bearing in mind that this visitor has 6months max to achieve this. What happens if the study permit is refused? You also know that you have to come back to apply for a work permit and then reenter Canada; what happens if the CBSA officer is not satisfied with the whole plan. There are streams for immigration and it is always advised and applicant follows one of them. Trying to be 'smart' backfires a lot and damage reputations. Best of luck with this plan.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 10:33am On Jul 29, 2017
Snillous:

Did u recieve reply from anyone in the room? I am applying this month too but the person over there says he will sign character assessment form letter for me at any police custody in Canada. I don't know what that it means. So I myself want to know which document to use to back it up. Have been in dubai and south Africa alone. Have been denied canadian visa three times but the last submission was 2014 but I want to try again next month of August.

quote author=unclerukus666 post=57212568]
Hi jawa
Please i'm new here, i'm a Nigerian schooling in Ghana.
i want to apply for a visiting visa to canada.
i have a valid international passport, an introductory letter from my school, invitation letter, bank details and document to show that she is a Canadian citizen, all from the person i'm going to visit ( my step mum)... please what documents do i need to get my visa... i'm planning on going for summer July- September because i have to resume school.
thanks.

Hi Snillous, it is good you have a huge gap between now and your last application to clear the thought of desperation. Thrice is a Lot of times so The first I suggest you do is to apply for GCMS notes of your last refused application. This will clarify things further, don't always try to 'repackage and refire' because it only works when you have 'mistakenly' addressed the concern the VO raised without knowing but that's a big risk. The documents you need to back up your application are all relevant docs attaching you to Nigeria. Again, this process is primarily about you and not the person in Canada. I don't understand what the police document he will get on your behalf will do anyway. Just an invitation letter is enough. The police don't dictate to the CBSA or IRCC. A CBSA officer's decision is almost final. The government gave them that power. They can even cancel visas issued by a CIC VO just the way US CBP cancel visas issued by US VO and they owe you no explanation according to their law.
It is also good you have traveled out of your home country and returned. However, this is just one way to assess an applicant and don't bank on that as Canadian VOs are not very interested in UAE and SA as travel history just like the USA VOs. You have to check other factors; marriage, kids, good job in line with your academic qualifications mostly, landed property, significant relationship with the person you're visiting as in your case. Its a holistic approach. Best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 10:38am On Jul 29, 2017
cmurder007:
Hello House,

Dear cmurder007, I am not sure if this letter has a format. Write it as tho it is a written interview. Section by section. Raise points you think the VO may be bothered about and give reasons why they shouldn't. Travel history, feeding/accommodation arrangements; funding etc. Also use this document to point out where very important documents are in your uploads to make the VO's job easier. More importantly, this document should not be more than two pages. I guess they made it that way so it doesn't get boring. Good luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 10:42am On Jul 29, 2017
cascas:

Pls Boston, what is ESL or BC?

Hi cascade, ESL would be English as a second language and BC would refer to the province of British Columbia. This is not a good plan sir, stay away from it. My opinion always. Best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cmurder007: 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
Jawa:

Dear cmurder007, I am not sure if this letter has a format. Write it as tho it is a written interview. Section by section. Raise points you think the VO may be bothered about and give reasons why they shouldn't. Travel history, feeding/accommodation arrangements; funding etc. Also use this document to point out where very important documents are in your uploads to make the VO's job easier. More importantly, this document should not be more than two pages. I guess they made it that way so it doesn't get boring. Good luck

Thank You Jawa, I will start constructing the letter now cheesy, though i have till end of Aug. before submission. I am applying with my wife.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cascas: 4:18pm On Jul 29, 2017
Jawa:

Hi cascade, ESL would be English as a second language and BC would refer to the province of British Columbia. This is not a good plan sir, stay away from it. My opinion always. Best of luck

Hi Jaws, which other way do you feel or think its best to regularize visiting visa?, since the option of ESL and BC is not advisable, I will appreciate your suggestions, God bless you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 7:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
Jawa:

Hi Bostin, if it was that easy, Canada would be over populated by now. Bearing in mind that this visitor has 6months max to achieve this. What happens if the study permit is refused? You also know that you have to come back to apply for a work permit and then reenter Canada; what happens if the CBSA officer is not satisfied with the whole plan. There are streams for immigration and it is always advised and applicant follows one of them. Trying to be 'smart' backfires a lot and damage reputations. Best of luck with this plan.
Boss you know more than me,accepted. It was just an opinion.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigcil2(m): 2:00am On Jul 30, 2017
Sad no one has replied me. cry
bigcil2:

- a functional business
- landed properties

Thank you @all
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nampofo: 4:04am On Jul 30, 2017
bigcil2:
Sad no one has replied me. cry

28th December to 18th Feb. I think its too long a period for a"business" to leave his business just for visiting.

For amount of money needed for trip kindly calculate plane ticket, hotel, feeding, internal transport etc.

There are cheaper airlines like air maroc, Ethiopian airlines etc.

You can get as short as 1 month visa to as high as 5 years visa depending on the VOs discretion.

Yes you can enter multiple times before your visa expires.

You can use your business accounts and provide detailed explanation.

Don't pay for your flights now. Just book.

Book your hotel too and add all booking confirmation papers to your application.

Provide documents relating to your business and your landed properties.

Prepare a detailed itinerary of your trip.

Hope gurus in the house will provide you with more details later.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by stjsd(m): 8:47am On Jul 30, 2017
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jixasi(m): 8:55am On Jul 30, 2017
Good day guys.... Plz I wanted to know do any one know who can boost my account? I want to apply for visiting visa but my account ain't encouraging... Plz help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigcil2(m): 10:25am On Jul 30, 2017
nampofo:

28th December to 18th Feb. I think its too long a period for a"business" to leave his business just for visiting.

For amount of money needed for trip kindly calculate plane ticket, hotel, feeding, internal transport etc.

There are cheaper airlines like air maroc, Ethiopian airlines etc.

You can get as short as 1 month visa to as high as 5 years visa depending on the VOs discretion.

Yes you can enter multiple times before your visa expires.

You can use your business accounts and provide detailed explanation.

Don't pay for your flights now. Just book.

Book your hotel too and add all booking confirmation papers to your application.

Provide documents relating to your business and your landed properties.

Prepare a detailed itinerary of your trip.

Hope gurus in the house will provide you with more details later.

Thanks alot. You were spot on. I think I'll reduce the duration I'll stay what about 3/4 weeks? Or should it be less?

Thank you again.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 12:05pm On Jul 30, 2017
cascas:

Hi Jaws, which other way do you feel or think its best to regularize visiting visa?, since the option of ESL and BC is not advisable, I will appreciate your suggestions, God bless you.

Hi, it is tough, though not impossible, to regularize a category V visa because these visas are issued believing you are coming back and any thing otherwise may not be illegal but is not exactly right on a technicality. My advise would be to try one of the express entry schemes. They are pretty straight forward. The challenge in Canada particularly is that even when you try to be 'smart' with this visit visa conversion process, you need to revisit a POE for a work/study permit to be issued of which you will be at the mercy of the assessing CBSA officer and in my experience, they are way tougher than the US CBP. Express entry is your best bet. Best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 12:33pm On Jul 30, 2017
bigcil2:

- a functional business
- landed properties

Thank you @all

Hi bigcil2, this is a pretty long post and most of the questions have been addressed just a few pages back which questions your claim to have read up the thread. I hope i can still assist.
Firstly, using your business account is not always a good idea. Best to separate business from pleasure.
1) you mustn't have someone in Canada to be qualified for a visa
2) be honest with your intentions but I think 6 weeks is too long. You better have a structure in place to help clear the VOs concern of how your business will be run in this time
3)booking.com or airbnb to the rescue here
4)this is not a good idea. It would seem you are spending a company's money for pleasure. VOs never welcome it so you better have a great explanation
5)this is good for you but I don't see a question here really
6)this is solely at the discretion of the VO but CIC will never issue a visa exceeding passport expiration unlike the US and the U.K.
7)also solely at the discretion of the VO. Actually VOs have been advised by IRCC to issue long term multiple entry visas if applicants qualify for it so if you impress the VO, you'll be in luck. You can read that up on CICs website
8 )business is allowed on the category V visa but this should not be your primary purpose of visit if you had earlier stated in your application you're visiting for tourism. It will seem deceptive and the CBSA officer will frown at it. Remember they have power so don't upset them.
9)there is no format here. This is your best bet to impress the VO and also make the job easy. Make it explicit yet not too long
10)budgets are totally up to individuals. For me, I must shop and see the new city so it's always high so I limit my self-funded travels to 2-3 times a year. You need to have enough money and this depends on period of visit and actual destination in Canada . There are cheaper carriers but I wouldn't advise air maroc unless you're heading to Montreal however ET is good but not cheap anymore. Those days are gone with the naira devaluation in June 2016. What you have to look out for is to make sure your flight is not routed via this US. If you're going inward towards Saskatoon or Vancouver, airfrance/Klm are fund of routing their flights via MSP in the US. Play around with your dates in the period but December is a peak carrier period. Prepare to pay high.
11) paying for anything before a visa here is a waste of money. Booking details will suffice
12) again, booking details and a planned itinerary is enough. Proper planning here is key
Best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by passionup: 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2017
[quote author=mesh2003 post=57999006]

This should be of help to all those trying to link their paper to online application, I had same issue but had it resolved after following these steps.

I have listed steps to link your Paper application to CIC Online

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as visitors visa(outside Canada).
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.

(10) Select applicant's Current country of residence (For example, if your spouse currently living in Nigeria, Please select Nigeria)
(11) Select Current marital Status
((13) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(14) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(15) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

Hello ,i hope this information will help you...!!! Its not detailed. You can figure out the process as you go along.

Hello, i tried following your steps today to link my application but i see that there is no marital status and provision for applicant country of residence. What do we do as it requested for applicant intended date of travel and return.An explanation would help. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cascas: 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2017
Jawa:

Hi, it is tough, though not impossible, to regularize a category V visa because these visas are issued believing you are coming back and any thing otherwise may not be illegal but is not exactly right on a technicality. My advise would be to try one of the express entry schemes. They are pretty straight forward. The challenge in Canada particularly is that even when you try to be 'smart' with this visit visa conversion process, you need to revisit a POE for a work/study permit to be issued of which you will be at the mercy of the assessing CBSA officer and in my experience, they are way tougher than the US CBP. Express entry is your best bet. Best of luck

Thanks jawa, please am a newbie and I want to be enlightened, what is CBSA, POE, GCMS, IRCC, US CBP and for the express entry, I had my Bsc degree since 2010 and I have over 5yrs work experience as a customer service person in the power sector, but I dont think there is any occupation in the list that's fits my experience, is there any other way I can go about it pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (1098) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: josephb(m), ezekins, Kelvinarsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.