Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2318101 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (1098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 8:44am On Jul 24, 2017
Jawa:

hi justwise, in my knowledge and personal experience, the most a VO can do is to request the applicant provides a more recent bank statement him/herself, in a given time frame which is mostly a week for CIC, to support his case and clear the VO's doubts which the VO will then verify again. a VO will most likely not deny an applicant's application because the individual's financial institution verified his bank documents are legit but refused to disclose his/her most recent balance. he has no right to request for that information from the bank and the bank surely has no right to disclose it either. he has immigration laws he judges his applications by. i am certain of this. the risk here is that if he takes out his money, which is not a good idea, and the VO requests a recent bank statement, then he's in trouble. but this is life and something genuine can come up which he needs some of his money for. he cant leave all his money in a bank for a sticker and hope life problems solve themselves. a VO knows that too. i already mentioned it was not a good plan.

Certainly, with over 10 years financial institution experience. never have I sumble on any embassy seeking for balance on an account, the higest they do is scan the statement of account presented to us to confirm its authencity not confirmation of the transactions in the account without any autorisation duly signed by the account holder. The bank owe its customer a duty of secrecy. Only law enforcement agencies are privy of this information without any restriction.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 8:47am On Jul 24, 2017
manover:
no, i did not, i was refused

So sorry to hear that
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mac2010: 8:47am On Jul 24, 2017
thanks for this thread...plz I'm applying for a Canada tourist visa for one month visit..I want to ask what other document do i need ..i mean the complete doc...I'm an a maintenance Engineer.. I do federal work , my salary is 185,500 ,,I have one million and some fractions..with company vacation,Reference letter from my comp ,state of acct,married cert ,hotel reserv in west queen hotel 1521 toronto ca , ticket reserv Turkish airl,employ m letter,payslip from Feb to June, what else do need?? I'm going for summition next west at Canadian embassy.. plz help me out on this issues..this is my first time of traveling..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nampofo: 1:15pm On Jul 24, 2017
Good morning,

Please my Canada visit visa processing is delayed by 11 days now. That is 11 days more than the processing time on cic website. What should i do? I applied on line.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mac2010: 2:51pm On Jul 24, 2017
plz reply my comment
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by quille11: 4:18pm On Jul 24, 2017
I hail the gurus in the house.

I am new on this forum

I like to know the required documents for submission in applying for a Canadian visit visa.

Your response will be highly appreciated
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 9:36am On Jul 25, 2017
Jawa:

Hi babs4all, this is unnecessary. We have gone over it again and again. A Canadian VO will do his/her own verification if need be. Best of luck

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 9:37am On Jul 25, 2017
quille11:
I hail the gurus in the house.

I am new on this forum

I like to know the required documents for submission in applying for a Canadian visit visa.

Your response will be highly appreciated

Take time to read this thread from page 1. You will learn a lot.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by okoji: 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2017
Any MAY news?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by urblackpearl: 3:27pm On Jul 25, 2017
okoji:
Any MAY news?

Nawa o. so people like me that applied in July are on a seriously long thing!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chizm: 3:46pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hello house,
I got a mail from CIC last week and they said they were processing 26th April, 2017 applications.
So for those that applied in May, I think results should start coming out by next week. Just my own calculation.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Next01: 3:55pm On Jul 25, 2017
Read some of the previous post... A guy said he applied 5th May and got response last week... Go check it out.. I applied June and still waiting.. All the best
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by stjsd(m): 5:56pm On Jul 25, 2017
chizm:
Hello house,
I got a mail from CIC last week and they said they were processing 26th April, 2017 applications.
So for those that applied in May, I think results should start coming out by next week. Just my own calculation.
Thanks

Amen! And it shall be good news

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Boller: 9:32am On Jul 26, 2017
Pls. my cousin invited me to his 50th birthday coming up on 28th Oct. is it not late for me to apply for visa now?

Then am unable to download some forms online. Has anyone experience that lately?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dacoza007(m): 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
pls guys.... I have a gf in Regina,n we've been together for a while, sh has a permanent resident, and sh wants me to come over to spend some time. I own a barber shop, sh gonna b financially responsible for me when I get there n also send me letter of invitation ...wil I b given visit visa cos I hear I need to have a bulky account or anything that will ensure I return like kids, job or so..... never been out of 9ja before .....thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abiola708(m): 12:26pm On Jul 26, 2017
how can i know a visa is granted or deny...i submit throuhg paper rounte and i was sent a mail that my passport is ready for collection. Want to if the visa was granted before going to collect my passport
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Leleky: 12:52pm On Jul 26, 2017
abiola708:
how can i know a visa is granted or deny...i submit throuhg paper rounte and i was sent a mail that my passport is ready for collection. Want to if the visa was granted before going to collect my passport

When did you apply. Meanwhile you don't need to bother. Congratulations
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abiola708(m): 1:55pm On Jul 26, 2017
April 26th
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by xpfocus: 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hello gurus in the house, I really appreciate all your efforts in enlighten people on this subject, pls I have a friend in Canada he's a white man and citizens, he's a farmer and has a big farm, we have been in contact and are exchanging things like video and photos, now he's inviting me to Canada and ready to send invitation letter to me, pls what chance do I have to get the visa, I don't have fat bank account all I have to show them that I will return is that I'm married with two kids,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tuzinde(m): 3:53pm On Jul 26, 2017
abiola708:

Guess u did offline application, you could have linked online to track same.
So what happens if the visa is not granted? Lol
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by FloralR8: 5:34pm On Jul 26, 2017
Next01:
Read some of the previous post... A guy said he applied 5th May and got response last week... Go check it out.. I applied June and still waiting.. All the best

Application was sent out in June too in my case. I'm hoping we hear back very soon if May application was responded to last week.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 7:09pm On Jul 26, 2017
manover:
no, i did not, i was refused

hi Manover, sorry about your refusal. if you can share the circumstances in which you made your application and the given refusal reason, we can all learn from it and assess the situation together. i suggest you request for your GCMS notes before you think of reapplying. it is always good to understand in full why your were refused an application before going forward. best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 7:19pm On Jul 26, 2017
ladylco:

Certainly, with over 10 years financial institution experience. never have I sumble on any embassy seeking for balance on an account, the higest they do is scan the statement of account presented to us to confirm its authencity not confirmation of the transactions in the account without any autorisation duly signed by the account holder. The bank owe its customer a duty of secrecy. Only law enforcement agencies are privy of this information without any restriction.

dear ladylco, i have seen the message request but please share here. i and anyone will gladly help as soon as we see it. i hope you understand.
you obviously understand how it works then. i was trying to explain but i think I was misunderstood. a VO can verify a presented financial document; the transactions and final balance on it but cannot request for the balance or any details outside the timelines of the presented document without the applicant's consent. he wouldnt do that and the bank wouldnt respond to that either. the VO certainly have no right to refuse an application on that ground.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 7:33pm On Jul 26, 2017
nampofo:
Good morning,

Please my Canada visit visa processing is delayed by 11 days now. That is 11 days more than the processing time on cic website. What should i do? I applied on line.

Hi nampofo, once again, the processing times are just guidelines. the CIC website even went on to explain that this is the time most applications are processed, not all of them. maybe verification are taking longer than normal in your case. you have to be patient. you can also use the CSE form or send mails since your processing time has elapsed, you should get a response. also bear in mind that the processing timeline of an application is the one displayed on the CIC website at the time the application was made and not the current one being displayed. best of luck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
dacoza007:
pls guys.... I have a gf in Regina,n we've been together for a while, sh has a permanent resident, and sh wants me to come over to spend some time. I own a barber shop, sh gonna b financially responsible for me when I get there n also send me letter of invitation ...wil I b given visit visa cos I hear I need to have a bulky account or anything that will ensure I return like kids, job or so..... never been out of 9ja before .....thanks

dear dacoza007, this is a great burden to overcome so please, dont underestimate it. your girlfriend is a legal resident and may be financially capable to host you but this is not the VO is looking for. its primarily about the applicant. what do you feel when you do an unbiased assessment? do you think you would want to come back home? be honest. is your business that significant to you? can the VO trust you to come back because you have a history of going to better places and returning home? a VO's decision is never personal. there are immigration laws that even you can lookup and read about. engagement to one's home country is what a VO is looking for and you seem to be falling short of it.
lets be objective; if you travel, there is actually nothing you would want to come back to Nigeria to, at least from the circumstance you have described. there is no wife or children, maybe no socio-cultural ties, you mentioned you dont have a lot of money but do you have landed properties? you know, you can actually look at your own situation and make a calculated guess. this guess must be positive before you even think of applying so that you dont end up wasting your hard earned money. please, do take your time with this one. best of luck, you certainly need it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2017
abiola708:

hi abiola708, the only way to find out is when you open your passport. in an online application, you know it has been approved when you get a passport request but for this paper route, you have to wait it out to the fullest. good luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 8:00pm On Jul 26, 2017
xpfocus:
Hello gurus in the house, I really appreciate all your efforts in enlighten people on this subject, pls I have a friend in Canada he's a white man and citizens, he's a farmer and has a big farm, we have been in contact and are exchanging things like video and photos, now he's inviting me to Canada and ready to send invitation letter to me, pls what chance do I have to get the visa, I don't have fat bank account all I have to show them that I will return is that I'm married with two kids,

dear xpfocus, your chances cannot be told by anyone here. only a Canadian VO can.
once again, its primarily not about the person in Canada but the intending visitor. in my opinion, the VO would be concerned why you are leaving your family to visit an online male friend over 10000km away just for pleasure. your task here is simple; make the assessing VO understand why you have to make this trip. assess it yourself and be unbiased. firstly, what do you do for a living? why would you leave your family to visit a friend that far away? is this a business trip in which you intend to team up with him and make profit later on? are you into similar farming business? if there is no connection, you may be wasting your money. please connect all your dots before you apply so that your money will count. best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bestbuyer(m): 10:16pm On Jul 26, 2017
abiola708:
April 26th

worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles,its empties today of its strenght
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Next01: 10:22pm On Jul 26, 2017
We will rejoice in the end
FloralR8:

Application was sent out in June too in my case. I'm hoping we hear back very soon if May application was responded to last week.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by xpfocus: 6:21am On Jul 27, 2017
Jawa:

dear xpfocus, your chances cannot be told by anyone here. only a Canadian VO can.
once again, its primarily not about the person in Canada but the intending visitor. in my opinion, the VO would be concerned why you are leaving your family to visit an online male friend over 10000km away just for pleasure. your task here is simple; make the assessing VO understand why you have to make this trip. assess it yourself and be unbiased. firstly, what do you do for a living? why would you leave your family to visit a friend that far away? is this a business trip in which you intend to team up with him and make profit later on? are you into similar farming business? if there is no connection, you may be wasting your money. please connect all your dots before you apply so that your money will count. best of luck

Thanks Bro! I really appreciate it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 8:28am On Jul 27, 2017
You returned to Nigeria because you are lucky to have something doing there, not like am encouraging people not to go back to Nigeria after their visit but there are so many ways to regularize visitors visa in Canada legally.

Please can you share those ways to regularize visitor visa legally while in Canada?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 4:21pm On Jul 27, 2017
Hello all, please I need to know if anyone has booked flights with travelbeta before. Please very urgent

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (1098) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: omoniyisam and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.