Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,436 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2339956 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (1109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nefertitiram: 9:25pm On Jul 20, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
To the Canadian gurus, I would like to ask two questions please:

1. I plan attending a conference holding in March 2018; when would it be advisable to apply for a Canadian visa especially as they take their time.
2. What is the recommended length for a bank statement - one month, three months or six months.

Thanks in advance!

Apply now

Canada is 4mths bank statement

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2017
Thanks. I Appreciate.

nefertitiram:

Apply now

Canada is 4mths bank statement
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nampofo: 11:39pm On Jul 20, 2017
You can apply six months before your intended travel.

CIC requires at least 4 months bank statement.

My opinion.

KaptainAfrika:
To the Canadian gurus, I would like to ask two questions please:

1. I plan attending a conference holding in March 2018; when would it be advisable to apply for a Canadian visa especially as they take their time.
2. What is the recommended length for a bank statement - one month, three months or six months.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2017
Good day to the Gurus in the House,

I want to know if it is necessary to notarize photocopies of some of the documents am presenting for my TRV application. Documents like Letter of employment, birth certificates of my children, marriage certificate, etc.

Prompt response would be appreciated as I intend to submit my application next week Friday.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2017
No be lie.
moneybag100:

Nigga, agent ain't gonna get you nothing. If most naija claimed agent had their way, they would be in Canada also.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sholly28(m): 9:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
[quote author=mesh2003 post=58693710][/quote]
Send their contact. Thank u
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Leleky: 11:41am On Jul 22, 2017
I am not hearing of any response from Canadian embassy in Nigeria again.....
What is really happening pls? Hope they are still attending to applications from Nigeria.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by okoji: 11:47am On Jul 22, 2017
Leleky:
I am not hearing of any response from Canadian embassy in Nigeria again.....
What is really happening pls? Hope they are still attending to applications from Nigeria.

Pls help me ask o. I just tire. Why is their process so lengthy?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Leleky: 6:06pm On Jul 22, 2017
My cousin applied for TRV paper route on May 5..... Please he want to know if it is possible for him to withdraw from his account because he is scared of whether his account has been verified by now? NB he is keeping 4.5m since April and can't withdraw from the account. How does this account thing work.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tuzinde(m): 6:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
@Leleky

Your cousin can gladly go ahead and withdraw.
I withdrew a week after my visiting visa application and had no effect on my application and still got an approval
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SamReinvented: 7:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
Please how many May applicants have gotten a response? Are there online applicants amongst them?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2017
babs4all:
Good day to the Gurus in the House,

I want to know if it is necessary to notarize photocopies of some of the documents am presenting for my TRV application. Documents like Letter of employment, birth certificates of my children, marriage certificate, etc.

Prompt response would be appreciated as I intend to submit my application next week Friday.

Hi babs4all, this is unnecessary. We have gone over it again and again. A Canadian VO will do his/her own verification if need be. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 8:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
Leleky:
My cousin applied for TRV paper route on May 5..... Please he want to know if it is possible for him to withdraw from his account because he is scared of whether his account has been verified by now? NB he is keeping 4.5m since April and can't withdraw from the account. How does this account thing work.

Hi leleky, your cousins dilemma is not a new one. Once an account is submitted with an application, you can do whatever you want with it. You cousin should however be concerned about the money in his account and its timing. If lump sums have been deposited recent months prior to the application, its money lodgement and a VO can refuse the application on funding grounds if adequate explanation of the source of the funds isn't given because it then doesn't truly represent the financial circumstances of the applicant. If he puts in the money april and applied may, it's not a good plan. How the account thing works is simple; If you submit, a VO verifies by sending the document submitted by you to your bank's internal control for verification. They are verifying the document you submitted which was presented by the VO if its legit but they cant know the current balance of your account. You have a confidentiality agreement with your bank not to disclose that and the VO wouldn't even do that. So your cousin have nothing to worry about touching his money. My opinion always. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Leleky: 10:08pm On Jul 22, 2017
Jawa:

Hi leleky, your cousins dilemma is not a new one. Once an account is submitted with an application, you can do whatever you want with it. You cousin should however be concerned about the money in his account and its timing. If lump sums have been deposited recent months prior to the application, its money lodgement and a VO can refuse the application on funding grounds if adequate explanation of the source of the funds isn't given because it then doesn't truly represent the financial circumstances of the applicant. If he puts in the money april and applied may, it's not a good plan. How the account thing works is simple; If you submit, a VO verifies by sending the document submitted by you to your bank's internal control for verification. They are verifying the document you submitted which was presented by the VO if its legit but they cant know the current balance of your account. You have a confidentiality agreement with your bank not to disclose that and the VO wouldn't even do that. So your cousin have nothing to worry about touching his money. My opinion always. Best of luck

Thanks. Well understood
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Leleky: 10:10pm On Jul 22, 2017
Jawa:

Helpful reaction..... I appreciate
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Leleky: 10:14pm On Jul 22, 2017
SamReinvented:
Please how many May applicants have gotten a response? Are there online applicants amongst them?

This question has been asked by many without a reply from this forum..... Lol. Patient May applicants will be favoured in Jesus name, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Leleky: 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
Jawa:

Relieved. Thanks a lot
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Leleky: 10:33pm On Jul 22, 2017
SamReinvented:

None has been reported

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 9:17am On Jul 23, 2017
@mesh2003

Next time you recommend an agent to anybody here you will receive a lengthy ban
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 9:30am On Jul 23, 2017
Jawa:

You can't really be sure about this because the case of people withdrawing the money after submitting their application is not new, so the embassy can confirm the balance if they wish to do that.

Your bank can refuse to do that and the embassy can also refuse you a visa if they are unable to verify that bank statement.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 9:58am On Jul 23, 2017
justwise:

You can't really be sure about this because the case of people withdrawing the money after submitting their application is not new, so the embassy can confirm the balance if they wish to do that.

Your bank can refuse to do that and the embassy can also refuse you a visa if they are unable to verify that bank statement.

hi justwise, in my knowledge and personal experience, the most a VO can do is to request the applicant provides a more recent bank statement him/herself, in a given time frame which is mostly a week for CIC, to support his case and clear the VO's doubts which the VO will then verify again. a VO will most likely not deny an applicant's application because the individual's financial institution verified his bank documents are legit but refused to disclose his/her most recent balance. he has no right to request for that information from the bank and the bank surely has no right to disclose it either. he has immigration laws he judges his applications by. i am certain of this. the risk here is that if he takes out his money, which is not a good idea, and the VO requests a recent bank statement, then he's in trouble. but this is life and something genuine can come up which he needs some of his money for. he cant leave all his money in a bank for a sticker and hope life problems solve themselves. a VO knows that too. i already mentioned it was not a good plan.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 10:50am On Jul 23, 2017
Jawa:

hi justwise, in my knowledge and personal experience, the most a VO can do is to request the applicant provides a more recent bank statement him/herself, in a given time frame which is mostly a week for CIC, to support his case and clear the VO's doubts which the VO will then verify again. a VO will most likely not deny an applicant's application because the individual's financial institution verified his bank documents are legit but refused to disclose his/her most recent balance. he has no right to request for that information from the bank and the bank surely has no right to disclose it either. he has immigration laws he judges his applications by. i am certain of this. the risk here is that if he takes out his money, which is not a good idea, and the VO requests a recent bank statement, then he's in trouble. but this is life and something genuine can come up which he needs some of his money for. he cant leave all his money in a bank for a sticker and hope life problems solve themselves. a VO knows that too. i already mentioned it was not a good plan.

I think the language here is the issue, the embassy is not requesting for any additional info they are basically verifying what the applicant has given them already. When an applicant submits supporting documents to the embassy and sign the disclaimer to say that the info you submitted is genuine and represent your true situation then you have given the embassy the right to verify those documents.

A bank statement being genuine does not means that balance is also genuine because a lot might have happened while the application is on process.

The embassy is only cross checking the info on the bank statement they have and what the bank has, so the issue of requesting for additional info does not come into picture here.

If a serious financial issue comes up while your application is on process and you withdrew the money then you don't qualify for a visa based on financial ground because basically you don't have the money for that trip.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pat4t5: 11:48am On Jul 23, 2017
Thanks for your interest.
For years, I have been trying to apply for student visa to canada but to no avail. I am so ignorant of the process/processes and have renewed my international passport twice without travelling to even Ghana. I have seen a lot of posts in this forum in the travel section and am convinced that they are experience people here. PLEASE EXPERIENCE BROTHERS AND SISTERS I NEED A/AN DETAILED/EXPLICIT BREAKDOWN OF THE PROCESS.

THANKS SO MUCH IN ANTICIPATION
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 11:51am On Jul 23, 2017
Very insightful.
Money lodgement has always been my concern especially now that I wish to apply for a Canadian visa.

Jawa:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manover: 12:19am On Jul 24, 2017
no, i did not, i was refused
ladylco:

Hello Manover, did you eventually get your canada visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Leleky: 2:46am On Jul 24, 2017
[quote author=manover post=58766811]no, i did not, i was refused[/quote

When was your application made

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (1109) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.