Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2307594 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (1094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ohk9ner: 4:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
ADEMOLAAAUA:
Congrats man,Tap from your testimony,i pray they give me the TRV,monday loading,got sleepless night.lol

Amen bro,it is done IJN...
pls what date did u apply......
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bimbofela: 5:28pm On Aug 01, 2015
tonero230:

There is a vacancy for you to sign and the two forms given to you by their vfs to read and sign,did you sign all and dated them

Yea I did.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2015
bimbofela:

Yea I did.
By ending of nxt wk,if nothing happens,email them
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bimbofela: 5:49pm On Aug 01, 2015
tonero230:

By ending of nxt wk,if nothing happens,email them

Though I have done dat b4 but will mail them again if I don't get anything. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eziafakise: 4:48am On Aug 02, 2015
ohk9ner:

Amen bro,it is done IJN...
pls what date did u apply......

I applied on the 5th of June,from my calculations it was 39 working days.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SwitchTel(m): 11:59pm On Aug 02, 2015
Question. People on here. This is my application list. My company account hasn't been really doing too good in the last 4 months. So my mums company is providing me with the funds. They'd write a letter as stated. But do I need their account statements to attach or I'd still use mine. Kindly please clarify.

Traveled last to the UK in May'15
And South Africa 4 years back. But this is my first time applying for Canada.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eziafakise: 8:23am On Aug 03, 2015
SwitchTel:
Question. People on here. This is my application list. My company account hasn't been really doing too good in the last 4 months. So my mums company is providing me with the funds. They'd write a letter as stated. But do I need their account statements to attach or I'd still use mine. Kindly please clarify.

Traveled last to the UK in May'15
And South Africa 4 years back. But this is my first time applying for Canada.
Really don't get your question but will advise if you are been sponsored by your mum's company you will still need to include your own personal bank statement . but let me ask what are u actually applying for ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SwitchTel(m): 12:04am On Aug 04, 2015
eziafakise:

Really don't get your question but will advise if you are been sponsored by your mum's company you will still need to include your own personal bank statement . but let me ask what are u actually applying for ?

visitors visa.

it says there proof fo financial support

and also proof of finacial support resource

so i guess its both the letter and their account statement. what do you think
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ohk9ner: 12:43am On Aug 04, 2015
@ADEMOLA what is d latest....on ur application....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by crowee(m): 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2015
just got an email today that my pp has been processed. applied on 4th of june for visitor's visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 4:55pm On Aug 06, 2015
post=36675187:
just got an email today that my pp has been processed. applied on 4th of june for visitor's visa.

Good luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zimex: 7:21pm On Aug 06, 2015
I got email today that my pp is ready for collection. I applied June 5. I'll keep y'all posted after collection tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 11:10am On Aug 07, 2015
Zimex:
I got email today that my pp is ready for collection. I applied June 5. I'll keep y'all posted after collection tomorrow.

Yes ur good news
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zimex: 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
Visa granted. Valid till 2019 smiley good luck to all visa hopefulls.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2015
Zimex:
Visa granted. Valid till 2019 smiley good luck to all visa hopefulls.

Wow! 4 years? Are you renewing or this is your first time?

Congrats!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zimex: 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2015
Phema:

Wow! 4 years? Are you renewing or this is your first time?
Congrats!

Thanks! It's a Renewal.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 8:56pm On Aug 07, 2015
Zimex:

Thanks! It's a Renewal.
Congrats!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SwitchTel(m): 7:40am On Aug 10, 2015
People.

Please letter of support and letter of invitation.

Who should they be addressed to. Please advise.
Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 8:21am On Aug 10, 2015
SwitchTel:
People.
Please letter of support and letter of invitation.
Who should they be addressed to. Please advise. Thanks.
VO
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hello gurus in d house, plz how can I migrate to canada as a professional photographer. Plz I really need u to plz guide me on wat document to put 2geda in other to get d visa. Thanx
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by alldmoney: 10:12am On Aug 13, 2015
ohk9ner:
@ADEMOLA what is d latest....on ur application....

@ADEMOLA what is d latest.... wettin de sup.. no update yet?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chicalove: 5:37pm On Aug 13, 2015
Hi Everyone, I have been reading all the comments and I want to sincerely appreciate this house. The comments kept my hopes alive.

I applied for a TRV on 18th June 2015 and I just got a mail and text today from VFS saying that my passport is ready for collection.

However, throughout my waiting period, I never contacted VFS or the Embassy. Yesterday, my application reached the 54days waiting time and I sent a mail to the embassy stating that I have an exam to write on August 19, 2015 and I think i may want to withdraw my application soonest. The embassy did not respond. Same yesterday, I contacted VFS via their email/help line and they gave me the modalities for withdrawal of passport and application.

Today by 9a.m, I got the text and email saying that my passport is ready for collection.

I will be going to VFS office tomorrow to pick it up.

Thanks everyone and lets keep the hope alive. This forum is a real blessing to the numerous people who read the comments and remain encouraged.

I was motivated to sign up today and comment for the first time in my life.

Chicalove.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2015
Chicalove:
Hi Everyone, I have been reading all the comments and I want to sincerely appreciate this house. The comments kept my hopes alive.

I applied for a TRV on 18th June 2015 and I just got a mail and text today from VFS saying that my passport is ready for collection.

However, throughout my waiting period, I never contacted VFS or the Embassy. Yesterday, my application reached the 54days waiting time and I sent a mail to the embassy stating that I have an exam to write on August 19, 2015 and I think i may want to withdraw my application soonest. The embassy did not respond. Same yesterday, I contacted VFS via their email/help line and they gave me the modalities for withdrawal of passport and application.

Today by 9a.m, I got the text and email saying that my passport is ready for collection.

I will be going to VFS office tomorrow to pick it up.

Thanks everyone and lets keep the hope alive. This forum is a real blessing to the numerous people who read the comments and remain encouraged.

I was motivated to sign up today and comment for the first time in my life.

Chicalove.

Just brief us tommorrow
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 13, 2015
Good morning house, I have a question and I need someone to clarify me on this Canadian Visa. Currently I am in the US with my wife, son for 16 days vacation and will be returning to Nigeria soon, I have also been to Paris, came back from Paris on 26th June then got my 2 years US B1/B2 Visa July, I've been to Malaysia also and now I want to apply for a Canadian Visa, please how do I go about this Canadian Visa and what are the requirements and duration of Visa processing. I love travelling with my family and I just need a visitors Visa of Canada to see how Canada looks like, take pictures and that's all
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chicalove: 9:46am On Aug 14, 2015
Visa granted. Valid till August 2017- 2years multiple entry.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 14, 2015
Chicalove:

First time applicant?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 10:41am On Aug 14, 2015
Chicalove:

Your passport is going to expire when?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chicalove: 10:51am On Aug 14, 2015
Yes I am a first time applicant to Canada and I don't know anybody in Canada. I booked a hotel in Toronto and attached a flight itinery.

However, I've been to the US 4 times between 2010 and 2015 and I've been issued two American visa's between same 2010 and 2015. I still have a valid American visa on my passport.

I made a new intl passport May 2015 so it expires May 2020.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 11:20am On Aug 14, 2015
Chicalove:
Yes I am a first time applicant to Canada and I don't know anybody in Canada. I booked a hotel in Toronto and attached a flight itinery.

However, I've been to the US 4 times between 2010 and 2015 and I've been issued two American visa's between same 2010 and 2015. I still have a valid American visa on my passport.

Congrats
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
Chicalove:

Congrats and what are the requirements, I have a valid US 2 years visa and I am currently in US for a vacation with my family to come back Nija next week
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 7:49pm On Aug 14, 2015
Chicalove:

Congrat, please can put light on how you go about the flight itinerary,and did you paid for the hotel booked?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chicalove: 9:42am On Aug 15, 2015
I filled my forms and submitted via paper route. I submitted the following documents:
1) CV--a general overview of my career progression and my academic qualifications.
2) All original and photocopies of my degrees and certificates.
3) 6 months payslip for my current job
4) My employment letter for my current job.
5) My employment letter for my previous two jobs (I've changed job thrice).
6) A photocopy of my current ID Card.
7) A copy of my confirmation letter for my current job.
cool My statement of SHARES and their current worth--gotten from my stock broker
9) Three Statement of Accounts--6 months each.
10) 2 Treasury bill certificates
11) Insurance Savings
12) Medical Insurance ID Card from my HMO.
13) I wrote a letter of introduction to the VO stating that " I work with xxxx organization and I intend to spend 6 days in Toronto, touring the city, afterwards I will go to the United States of America for my sisters wedding (I attached my sisters wedding Invitation card and added the link to her wedding website too).
14) My hotel reservation was made with my MasterCard (Toronto Airport Travel Lodge)
15) My flight itinery: My travel agent made a reservation on an airline and printed it. I didn't need to pay. She explained that if you book a flight, it remains on the system of the airline for one year whether you pay for it or not. So if the VO checks with the airline, they will see your reservation.

Thank You

12 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (1094) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Facosco(m), williamszooh and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.