Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2315733 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (1097) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 6:37am On Oct 07, 2017
gentleiphy:

Congrats..this is formular one speed..just less than two weeks from start to finish.You are lucky fellow,we have been on the wait for almost 90days now...still counting days with the embassy.I wonder what criteria they use in attending to people.

Lagos - Accra difference that should be, methinks. Workload at Lagos likely reduced at this material time, and they are treating newer applications there it seems, while yours is an Accra or somewhere else's case. Dunno, guessing
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chijosee(m): 8:02am On Oct 07, 2017
jayfierce:
The VO would be more interested in your ties here in Nigeria: What do you do for a living? How much do you make? What are your responsibilities? Can you afford the trip? Is the trip necessary considering your financial status and economic background?

Please sir what is VO? I work with Nigeria breweries plc and my company gives introductory cover letter when one request . I can afford the trip though it will affect me later me later run but I don't mind. What is the duration of the visa...do the give upto 2years visa? I'll like a situation were my wife will deliver there by next year June or july. My plan is USA but our documents are in the embassy already. My wife is the only one born in Nigeria and the mother has filed for us, so am advised not to near usa embassy for now till we are invited. That's why I want my next issue to be delivered in Canada.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by HRprof: 8:34am On Oct 07, 2017
Hi narialander, Please i am planning to attend a conference in Canada but dont know how to Apply for Canada visa and i don't intend using Agent. Please can someone give me the procedures and the link. I am a HR Consultant. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pappy0080: 1:29pm On Oct 07, 2017
Matanna:
Hello all I want to say a big thank you to all those that have contributed in one way or the other on this thread. I've applied twice previously for a trv and was refused both times. The last application before this third time was in Nov 2016. Anyway I decided to reapply again on the 19th of Sept and did bio on the 20th of Sept.. on the 24th of September I was asked for additional docs ( children's birth certificate ). I submitted this on the 27th of Sept. To God be the glory on the 5th of October I got passport request for myself,spouse and 2 kids.

Hello Matanna

Congrats! This is just a miracle being a fresh application and not renewal. I would like to know if you applied from Nigeria or outside the country. Also could you be king enough to share some of the names of documents used to submit your application for others to benefit. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kaffy4tope(m): 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2017
Matanna:
Hello all I want to say a big thank you to all those that have contributed in one way or the other on this thread. I've applied twice previously for a trv and was refused both times. The last application before this third time was in Nov 2016. Anyway I decided to reapply again on the 19th of Sept and did bio on the 20th of Sept.. on the 24th of September I was asked for additional docs ( children's birth certificate ). I submitted this on the 27th of Sept. To God be the glory on the 5th of October I got passport request for myself,spouse and 2 kids.

Is it possible to know if a visa is approved or not when not submitted online too?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DebsMed: 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2017
kaffy4tope:

Is it possible to know if a visa is approved or not when not submitted online too?

Possible to know. Passport Requested = Visa Approved
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kaffy4tope(m): 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2017
[quote author=DebsMed post=61194423]

Possible to know. Passport Requested = Visa Approved [/quote

where will I see that?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kaffy4tope(m): 3:42pm On Oct 07, 2017
[quote author=DebsMed post=61194423]

Possible to know. Passport Requested = Visa Approved [/quote

where will I see that?

I mean for people that submitted at VFS not online.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chibabe4Christ: 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2017
pappy0080:
Matanna:

Hello Matanna

Congrats! This is just a miracle being a fresh application and not renewal. I would like to know if you applied from Nigeria or outside the country. Also could you be king enough to share some of the names of documents used to submit your application for others to benefit. Thanks.

First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
Please am a bit confused, if I may ask was it a Canadian visa you applied for? visiting visa ? Am just surprise because from your write up it did not take upto 14 days for your passport to be requested or has Canadian embassy changed their processing time?
Please I need some clarifications because I have intention to apply to canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kaffy4tope(m): 4:51pm On Oct 07, 2017
pappy0080:
Matanna:

Hello Matanna

Visa application, tracking ID No.**/////// – Your processed passport is ready for collection , on 04/10/2017 at the Canada Visa Application Centre. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

What does this mean for a visit visa application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Matanna: 6:16pm On Oct 07, 2017
@ chibabe4christ.. yes I applied online for a canadian visit visa.
@Pappy0080.. I applied online from Nigeria. List of docs
1) All our visas both current and expired
2) letter from office
3)property docs
4) children's birth certificate
5)invitation letter from sister
6) Statement of account
7) Statement of purpose
cool itinerary
9) flight booking
9)my birth certificate as evidence of relationship with sister.
My documents were just basic. Submit genuine docs and leave the rest to God. If it is his will the visa will be approved.Like you said it's just a miracle. I had been refused twice already so imagine my mind set when I was submitting. But I thank God it all ended in praise.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kaffy4tope(m): 7:32pm On Oct 07, 2017
Matanna:
2) letter from office
3)property docs
6) Statement of account
7) Statement of purpose
cool itinerary
9) flight booking
My documents were just basic. Submit genuine docs and leave the rest to God. If it is his will the visa will be approved.Like you said it's just a miracle. I had been refused twice already so imagine my mind set when I was submitting. But I thank God it all ended in praise.

Congrats... pls was your passport requested too? Or you got an email that your passport has been processed and ready for collection?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Justcul(m): 7:35pm On Oct 07, 2017
Please house, how do i make reservation (flight) to Canada to pay later
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 7:57pm On Oct 07, 2017
chijosee:
Please sir what is VO? I work with Nigeria breweries plc and my company gives introductory cover letter when one request . I can afford the trip though it will affect me later me later run but I don't mind. What is the duration of the visa...do the give upto 2years visa? I'll like a situation were my wife will deliver there by next year June or july. My plan is USA but our documents are in the embassy already. My wife is the only one born in Nigeria and the mother has filed for us, so am advised not to near usa embassy for now till we are invited. That's why I want my next issue to be delivered in Canada.
You'll have to be straightforward when applying. The VO(Visa Officer) might likely see your true intentions. As for Visa duration, it is possible to get more than 2 years at the Visa Officer's discretion. Your passport has to be valid for the duration of the Visa.

Also note that Canada and the US exchange information. Your case with the US wil most likely come up.

Here's a link that will give you more information on giving birth in Canada.

https://www.nairaland.com/1346880/giving-birth-canada/53
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by homeboy2015: 9:08am On Oct 08, 2017
Hello all, You guys are doing a great job here. My sister inlaw wants to invite my wife and son to canada for xmas, can we use her bank statements since she's the sponsor? She is of the opinion that I have to present mine which is not well funded. Please advise.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 9:18am On Oct 08, 2017
homeboy2015:
Hello all, You guys are doing a great job here. My sister inlaw wants to invite my wife and son to canada for xmas, can we use her bank statements since she's the sponsor? She is of the opinion that I have to present mine which is not well funded. Please advise.

If her account is healthy and good enough you can use only hers, let her be the sponsor if capable, proof of marriage should be added however. Regards

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelpes: 10:11am On Oct 08, 2017
Let her also state clearly in her letter of invitation she would be sponsoring,stating amount available in that regard,duration of their stay in canada and any other document that proof she is capable of sponsoring their visit
OmoBendel24:

If her account is healthy and good enough you can use only hers, let her be the sponsor if capable, proof of marriage should be added however. Regards

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by homeboy2015: 11:18am On Oct 08, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Thanks so very much for your response. I will update you as we progress.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emvicprints1: 11:37am On Oct 08, 2017
Hello fam. Have been trying to track my application it keeps saying not found. Please any solution?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chibabe4Christ: 2:56pm On Oct 08, 2017
Matanna:
2) letter from office
3)property docs
6) Statement of account
7) Statement of purpose
cool itinerary
9) flight booking

@Matana, congras once again!
I also got a visiting visa to UK but I want to know duration for canadian visiting visa, do they give upto 2years for first timer. I really want to visit a friend by Easter next year by Gods grace. Is it wise to apply immediately am back from UK and whats my chances. As for the docs you listed, I can provide all but my concern is that the person inviting me is a friend and my reason for visiting is to see her and her family because it has been a long time. Are these reasons ok or you can advice better? can you suggest of any strong reasons that is not suspicious. Please I need advice from you and other gurus in the house on how best to go about it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 3:13pm On Oct 08, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:

@Matana, congras once again!
I also got a visiting visa to UK but I want to know duration for canadian visiting visa, do they give upto 2years for first timer. I really want to visit a friend by Easter next year by Gods grace. Is it wise to apply immediately am back from UK and whats my chances. As for the docs you listed, I can provide all but my concern is that the person inviting me is a friend and my reason for visiting is to see her and her family because it has been a long time. Are these reasons ok or you can advice better? can you suggest of any strong reasons that is not suspicious. Please I need advice from you and other gurus in the house on how best to go about it

On vacation, and visiting for easter is fair enough. When you begin to plan coloration, then your intent begins to take a questionable twist....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oseodile: 4:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
Gurus!!

Please how do you regularise tourist visa/ visiting visa to PR?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kaffy4tope(m): 5:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
kaffy4tope:

Visa application, tracking ID No.**/////// – Your processed passport is ready for collection , on 04/10/2017 at the Canada Visa Application Centre. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

What does this mean for a visit visa application?

Answer pls.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
kaffy4tope:

Answer pls.

Your application processing is complete and returned. Go to VFS to collect your package(passport)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kaffy4tope(m): 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
deejay102:

Your application processing is complete and returned. Go to VFS to collect your package(passport)

Does that mean Denial since they did not request for passsport?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 7:13pm On Oct 08, 2017
kaffy4tope:

Does that mean Denial since they did not request for passsport?

I'm a little confused here. Did you apply online? That's the only way you won't have to submit your passport. I thought you would know the outcome in your cic account if it was online. I dont know much I'm sorry, I'll let others take it from here.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Codedmd: 7:27pm On Oct 08, 2017
Hello everyone on dis thread, plz I need an urgent answer to dis question, pls is it possible to get direct employment letter from a company from Canada. I mean like work permit visa process by a company in Canada.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kaffy4tope(m): 7:37pm On Oct 08, 2017
deejay102:

I'm a little confused here. Did you apply online? That's the only way you won't have to submit your passport. I thought you would know the outcome in your cic account if it was online. I dont know much I'm sorry, I'll let others take it from here.

Not online my broda, but some people said I can know the status of my visa even without applying online.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 8:47pm On Oct 08, 2017
gentleiphy:
It seems this Canadian embassy don't follow their time frame of processing...Submitted online application 5th July 2017 and did biometrics 13th July and i am reading of people who submitted August 5th being answered.Still wondering what they jump dates.

Hi gentleiphy, once again, every application is different and assessed on its own merits. if verification delays, the decision will take longer time.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2017
Epoh4:
Hi Everyone,

ICC has finally responded. I applied to visit my sister who has just put to bed. I was refused based on grounds of assurance that i would return considering my purpose of travel.
I submitted a leave letter from my office tho (been working for two years) as a proof that I have a job here and i will return.
I'm reapplying now and I just saw that the examples of documents stated under purpose of travel are;
Return flight ticket
Travel Itinerary; hotel bookings and
Medical appointment letter
I didn't include any of these in my initial application.
I'ld like to know if it's not a sign of desperacy to purchase the return ticket as that is the only option that applies to me here.

hi, apply for your case notes to understand your refusal in full. there are people who included all the required documentation but the assessing VO was not satisfied. the satisfaction comes from the ties and connection they see back home. if a VO is impressed, s/he will request for any missing document for clarification. you have to understand your refusal before you can improve your application. 185CAD is a lot of money. best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelpes: 8:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
I think it is best to go to VFS and pick up your package to find out visa status.You will only know the status if you linked your application online.
kaffy4tope:

Not online my broda, but some people said I can know the status of my visa even without applying online.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 8:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
Devaughn:

Hi, jawa and everyone in the house.

This is the letter i sent to accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

Re: Additional information for my visa application (V31xxxxc), UCI-939xxxxxx

Above subject refers:

I wish to refer to my Canadian visa application form, Background Information Section: Question 2b. In response to the question “Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?” I answered “YES” and gave reason as “MY APPLICATION WAS REFUSED DUE TO INSUFFICIENT DOCUMENTS”.
I will like to give more detailed information about the denials and hereby request that same be considered as part of my application. I forgot to add this detail when submitting my application online. Below are the countries I have applied to, dates and the details of the denials.

1. CANADA (UCI-93xxxc) Application No.: V3072xxxx
My first application to the Canadian High Commission, Nigeria; was on the 12/07/2015. The application was denied.
Reason for Denial: Travel history, Purpose of visit, personal assets and financial status (Copy of denial letter attached and marked “Canada-Refusal Doc”)

2. UNITED KINGDOM (Post Reference: ABUJA/955751)
· My first visa application to the UK was denied on the 30/07/2013
Reason for Refusal: (Copy of refusal letter attached and marked “UK-Refusal Doc1”)

· My second application to the UK was denied on the 05/08/2014
Reason for Refusal: (Copy of refusal letter attached and marked “UK-Refusal Doc2”)

· My third application to the UK was denied on the 15/02/2016
Reason for Refusal: (Copy of refusal letter attached and marked “UK-Refusal Doc3”)
Meanwhile, my fourth and fifth applications were granted and I was issued 6 and 24 months respectively. I have attached copies of the UK and French visas to my online Canadian visa application.

3. UNITED STATES of AMERICA

My applications to the US embassy, Abuja; were denied. I put in the applications on 2015, 2015 and 2017. All the applications were refused due to insufficient documents according to the Visa officer. I have also attached a copy of the refusal notices and marked same for the various applications.
With hope that you will consider the above information as part of my application.

Hi, this is a well detailed letter and comes plain as a high level of honesty from an applicant.if i were a VO, this would impress me. i really hope its not going to be a case of medicine after death. one question would be why you didnt explain this in your application in the first place; the VO may wonder. well, i really hope it goes well for you. good luck

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (1097) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Ifyonyem1, Angel2500, maziemeka2024, Anndav(f), KodakBlack and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.