Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2322287 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 9:31pm On Oct 14, 2017
ladylco:

brosss letter writin no hard na, you state your intents dat all and put all the relevant details shikena. Ensure it is properly addressed and followthe principles of letter writing.

you can draft something and PM someone to help you proof read. Nobody go help you write letter here o as they don't know you and your intention as much as you do.

A lawyer will charge you as much as N40k to N100k just to write letter. so do it yasef

All the best.
That's what I have been saying since but it came out as being abusive to someone. Well, make e dey wait for sample letter.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 11:38pm On Oct 14, 2017
tripplebabygirl:

Your response is the same as your name.
You too baad gan grin grin grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 11:41pm On Oct 14, 2017
@Smile4mee01
No sir. You cant convert.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 1:02am On Oct 15, 2017
Travelpes:
Canadian deputy high commission

@Travelpes, something like this you mean?

Canadian Deputy High Commission
4 Anifowoshe St.,
Victoria Island
Lagos, Nigeria

How about this format too?

The Visa Officer
Canadian Embassy
Victoria Island
Lagos
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelpes: 8:53am On Oct 15, 2017
The later as shown below
manlikegb:

@Travelpes, something like this you mean?

4 Anifowoshe St.,
Victoria Island
Lagos, Nigeria

How about this format too?

The Visa Officer
4 Anifowoshe St.,
Victoria Island
Lagos, Nigeria

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelpes: 8:56am On Oct 15, 2017
Dear Sir/Madam
Please so you mean travel to or immigrate to?
harlan:
@All travel guru, please I want to travel to Canada with my family and I don't want to go through the federal skill select, I work in the bank, can I go through a mere visit or conference or school, please put me through. You advice will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by scaezar: 9:50am On Oct 15, 2017
overlord77:

That's what I have been saying since but it came out as being abusive to someone. Well, make e dey wait for sample letter.
Why do you always sound bitter my brother. Im sure demmysoft is applying for the first time. It seemed to him like a big deal and he doesnt want to do something he might later regret. You could have just told him to use google...you didnt have to say didnt he write essays in school. Have you had a beef with him before? This life is really very easy..you dont have to approach everything aggresively. Before you think of other smart things to say to this..think about it, 'what will be my gain?' So just take a cup of tea, seat back and relax your finger muscles...

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 1:50pm On Oct 15, 2017
Travelpes:
The later as shown below

Ok thanks @travelpes, have a good Sunday.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2017
scaezar:

Why do you always sound bitter my brother. Im sure demmysoft is applying for the first time. It seemed to him like a big deal and he doesnt want to do something he might later regret. You could have just told him to use google...you didnt have to say didnt he write essays in school. Have you had a beef with him before? This life is really very easy..you dont have to approach everything aggresively. Before you think of other smart things to say to this..think about it, 'what will be my gain?' So just take a cup of tea, seat back and relax your finger muscles...

Mr take a cup of tea and seat back. Its sit not seat. Life is easy but you used up almost 200 words saying absolutely nothing. tongue
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oseodile: 9:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
GOOD EVENING!!

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP

AM TRYING TO UPLOAD MY CAC DOCS AND THEY ARE MUCH..HOW DO I ZIP THEM IN ONE FOLDER FOR EASY ATTACHMENT?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 11:23pm On Oct 15, 2017
oseodile:
GOOD EVENING!!

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP

AM TRYING TO UPLOAD MY CAC DOCS AND THEY ARE MUCH..HOW DO I ZIP THEM IN ONE FOLDER FOR EASY ATTACHMENT?
Open microsoft word, copy and paste dem there and save it as PDF files.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oseodile: 1:22am On Oct 16, 2017
OKAY. THANKS I SO MUCH APPRECIATE
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelpes: 11:29am On Oct 16, 2017
You can also try pdfmerger,after merging check size and compress if need be to suit your size requirement.
oseodile:
GOOD EVENING!!

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nampofo: 12:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
Please how do I address these refusal reasons
1. Travel history
I have traveled to the UK about 8 times, Canada(for a one week workshop), India, Turkey, Dubai, South Africa, Kenya.
I have never spent more than 1 week on those trips. And never broken any immigration rules.

2. Purpose of visit
My wife and I were traveling to spend the Christmas holidays in Toronto with her brother and in law who are in Toronto.
We stated this clearly and with a detailed itinerary and thorough explanation with invitation letters and copies of her brothers permanent resident card and citizenship card of her brother's wife.

We also addressed previous refusal reasons and why we will return to Ghana immediately after our visit including the fact that i am studying for my PhD in Ghana and my wife is undertaking her compulsory National Service (we provided documents to support this) including school fees payment receipts.

How can we address these two reasons honorable members. I just don't know what to included again in my next application. I may not be able to wait for GCMS notes because of lack of time. You know they take too long to process an application so i need to apply early enough.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 12:28pm On Oct 16, 2017
nampofo:
Please how do I address these refusal reasons
1. Travel history
I have traveled to the UK about 8 times, Canada(for a one week workshop), India, Turkey, Dubai, South Africa, Kenya.
I have never spent more than 1 week on those trips. And never broken any immigration rules.

2. Purpose of visit
My wife and I were traveling to spend the Christmas holidays in Toronto with her brother and in law who are in Toronto.
We stated this clearly and with a detailed itinerary and thorough explanation with invitation letters and copies of her brothers permanent resident card and citizenship card of her brother's wife.

We also addressed previous refusal reasons and why we will return to Ghana immediately after our visit including the fact that i am studying for my PhD in Ghana and my wife is undertaking her compulsory National Service (we provided documents to support this) including school fees payment receipts.

How can we address these two reasons honorable members. I just don't know what to included again in my next application. I may not be able to wait for GCMS notes because of lack of time. You know they take too long to process an application so i need to apply early enough.

But you've got to know what went wrong, that will always be the reasonable advice especially as there's a window opened for knowing what went wrong. Well, what's your wife travel history, any kids, how long have you guys been married, and what info did you guys "hoard" as regards this application? Have you been refused a visa before that you didn't state? Have you really used your previous visas accordingly? Something either didn't add up or a misrepresentation likely was discovered.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by feranmi84: 12:49pm On Oct 16, 2017
Hello, gurus in the house, please I need your help on this one. my paper application was linked online.

Got a msg from donotreply@cic.gc.ca on 17/11/2017 to check my application status i.e decision made.
Waited for couple of weeks, but didn't hear from VFS to come for my document.

Thus sent VFS an email with my details in respect to my documents, but got this reply...
"Kindly be informed that your application is not ready yet for collection; it is still under processing at the embassy."

Note: this is the 5th week after getting a message from @cics.gc.ca that a decision as bn made on my application.

Please what do you suggest I do? Thanks you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nampofo: 12:59pm On Oct 16, 2017
Married for over 9 years. Wife also travelled to UK three times, Dubai, Turkey.

We declared all previous refusals.No misrepresentation. Never"hoarded" any information.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bgleo2002: 2:02pm On Oct 16, 2017
Log into your profile online and go to the ''Check Application Status'' section. There you will find the decision on your application

feranmi84:
Hello, gurus in the house, please I need your help on this one. my paper application was linked online.

Got a msg from donotreply@cic.gc.ca on 17/11/2017 to check my application status i.e decision made.

Thus sent VFS an email with my details in respect to my documents, but got this reply...
"Kindly be informed that your application is not ready yet for collection; it is still under processing at the embassy."

Note: this is the 5th week after getting a message from @cics.gc.ca that a decision as bn made on my application.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 2:45pm On Oct 16, 2017
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 2:50pm On Oct 16, 2017
feranmi84:

U got that msg on 17/11/2017 (November 17th,2017) while today's date is October 16th, 2017?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Madcow(m): 5:29pm On Oct 16, 2017
Any applications (online) from june still pending?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kiyana77: 6:27pm On Oct 16, 2017
Hello All,
I have been reading through this long thread for days now and I'm yet to see anyone with a similar 'situation as myself.
Unlike most of you, I'm single, no kids, no partner, and I do not have any link in Canada. But, I want to apply for a visiting visa and hope to stay there for only one week.
The only 'tie I have to Nigeria is my job. I do have a travel history with UK only. I visit every year and spend 2 weeks.
Do you think I should try? Lie that I have a fiance here? sad or just forget about it because my chances look slim
P.s bank balance says 1.5m. I have a car and live with my brother so I'm not a home owner and do not have assets like most of you.
Thanks guys
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by feranmi84: 6:34pm On Oct 16, 2017
Thank you, I've checked my application status, but I've not gotten any message from VFS to come for my document. I even sent VFS an email, but they replied that my application is not ready for collection.

bgleo2002:
Log into your profile online and go to the ''Check Application Status'' section. There you will find the decision on your application

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 6:40pm On Oct 16, 2017
Madcow:
Any applications (online) from june still pending?
June 16th,still pending.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by feranmi84: 6:54pm On Oct 16, 2017
Oh it was typographical error. I got the status update email on 17/09/2017.

Menakay:

U got that msg on 17/11/2017 (November 17th,2017) while today's date is October 16th, 2017?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 7:38pm On Oct 16, 2017
feranmi84:
Oh it was typographical error. I got the status update email on 17/09/2017.

I thought as much.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 7:50pm On Oct 16, 2017
nampofo:
Married for over 9 years. Wife also travelled to UK three times, Dubai, Turkey.

We declared all previous refusals.No misrepresentation. Never"hoarded" any information.

Strange though, sit out the GCMS note process, your best option right now, don't go further blindly....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mevisbleek: 8:57pm On Oct 16, 2017
Kiyana77:
Hello All,
I have been reading through this long thread for days now and I'm yet to see anyone with a similar 'situation as myself.
Unlike most of you, I'm single, no kids, no partner, and I do not have any link in Canada. But, I want to apply for a visiting visa and hope to stay there for only one week.
The only 'tie I have to Nigeria is my job. I do have a travel history with UK only. I visit every year and spend 2 weeks.
Do you think I should try? Lie that I have a fiance here? sad or just forget about it because my chances look slim
P.s bank balance says 1.5m. I have a car and live with my brother so I'm not a home owner and do not have assets like most of you.
Thanks guys

Good Evening Kiyana,
Hope this message finds you well. My younger sister got the Canadian Visa this month (Oct) and her profile is Similar to yours. She is in her early 20's, no kids, no partner. Actually, she applied with a 10k naira current account balance and 1.9m savings account balance. The only difference is that she has me in Canada. However, i wrote on the invitation letter that the little girl is FULLY responsible for her trip to and from Canada and her expenses while in Canada because na she wan travel, every man for their self. Before i Forget, she did not include landed property because she has none. The only thing she's got as well is her job

She has been refused EU visa 4 times but she has traveled to Dubai, India, South Africa and she just recently got USA visa. Your profile is very interesting because you have no ties to Canada. Just package your application like a tourist.

1) Book a hotel for about 2 weeks. In fact, don't book a hotel, rather, book a hostel because it is less expensive. Remember, we wan package you like a tourist in search out new adventures and has got little money.
2) A tourist most have a detailed itinerary, as such, pick a province of your destination a province and look up activities on TripAdvisor. E.g. In Alberta, Day 1: You will be visiting Banff & Canmore (You can pre-book for the gondola ride), Day 2: We can book for skiing with a tour company and stuff.

All I said above is only a guide though. That is the way I packaged my sis with your kind of profile who happens to be a true tourist. Have a lovely day.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 9:24pm On Oct 16, 2017
mevisbleek:

Good Evening Kiyana,
Hope this message finds you well. My younger sister got the Canadian Visa this month (Oct) and her profile is Similar to yours. She is in her early 20's, no kids, no partner. Actually, she applied with a 10k naira current account balance and 1.9m savings account balance. The only difference is that she has me in Canada. However, i wrote on the invitation letter that the little girl is FULLY responsible for her trip to and from Canada and her expenses while in Canada because na she wan travel, every man for their self. Before i Forget, she did not include landed property because she has none. The only thing she's got as well is her job

She has been refused EU visa 4 times but she has traveled to Dubai, India, South Africa and she just recently got USA visa. Your profile is very interesting because you have no ties to Canada. Just package your application like a tourist.

1) Book a hotel for about 2 weeks. In fact, don't book a hotel, rather, book a hostel because it is less expensive. Remember, we wan package you like a tourist in search out new adventures and has got little money.
2) A tourist most have a detailed itinerary, as such, pick a province of your destination a province and look up activities on TripAdvisor. E.g. In Alberta, Day 1: You will be visiting Banff & Canmore (You can pre-book for the gondola ride), Day 2: We can book for skiing with a tour company and stuff.

All I said above is only a guide though. That is the way I packaged my sis with your kind of profile who happens to be a true tourist. Have a lovely day.

Good idea, but @the bolded, economising won't cut this type of application, it sends a wrong signal of one who isn't really comfortable and can easily change his mind....

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.