Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,714 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2315154 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (1097) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 9:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
dyonpoint:
Hello house,
I just got married 2 weeks ago and i wish to travel to Canada for honeymoon. it is obvious i will apply for a visitor visa. Please, what documents do i need to back up my application and how to go about the application?

NB; Please note that i do not have anyone in canada that can give me an invitation letter. I am self-employed and i have my company CAC cert., land doc., enough money to cover the trip and other docs to show we are both legally married. I have a previous travel history to Dubai but my wife has none.

Await you guys guide. Thanks.

hi. firstly, you have to read the forum to understand what is required of you.
secondly, you are married and this is your new family so if you travel to canada, what will make you come back home? the conditions and documents that answer this question are what you need. you do not need an invitation letter to secure a canadian visa and people with no travel history secure visas too. however, the VO may wander why you particularly want to visit canada and not other places that are cheaper, closer and easier to secure their visas. if an entire family is travelling, which in this case you and your wife, the VO is even more uptight because you both can easily choose to not return. the VOs know that Canada is a vastly underpopulated country so you have to make them understand why you have chosen their country. that onus is on you. best of luck and keep your documents legit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

Hello sir, kindly come do as promised.....I'd love to read your detailed analysis of the ET experience.
Thanks.

hi ugoiyke79e, have no fear in purchasing an ET ticket. they have all the newest boeing aircrafts(ET operates majorly a boeing fleet) and even the new stunning airbus A350. people always surprise me when they talk down on ET(probably because its African) and then go on to fly airlines like Turkish(probably one of the worst carriers). the thing here is that you'll always get to where you're going but some experiences are terrible, trust me. ET customer service is very ok , hardly will they misplace your luggage and you will hardly see an ET itinerary with up to 4hrs transit time. the only annoying thing on this ET route to toronto is that they stop for an hr at dublin although very briefly and you may even be asleep and not notice this stopover honestly.
for me, choosing a carrier largely depends on what part of the world i want to go to as i dont enjoy 10+ hrs flights(at least not anymore). so if im heading east towards asia and the middle east or australia for example, its most likely ET for cheaper fares but if money is not a problem, Etihad or Emirates because of outstanding customer service and huge brand new aircrafts or Quantas because its Quantas. if europe, Turkish (i despise the airline but its cheap and im a light traveler so i take my bag onboard.also, I love istanbul) or Iberia(now defunct and part of BA) or KLM if there is money. if west US/Canada, it has to be an european carrier like KLM or lufthansa(i love lufthansa but way too pricey. their economy ticket can even get you a turkish business class sometimes) or delta straight to ATL but this is always too pricey too (but you can always trick this if your're going to ATL by buying delta airlines LOS-JFK which will be about 300k cheaper than LOS-ATL, sounds weird but yes direct flights are far costlier than connecting flights, clear immigration at HJIA and enter ATL and abandon the ATL-JFK connection). the idea is that you pick a carrier whose hub(key city in carriers country where they take transits) is somewhat on the path to your destination, if not, you have to fly far east first and then fly far west resulting in 10+ sometimes 15+(Dxb to LAX) hours on one of the long haul flights. i hope you get the general idea. best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2017
HRprof:
Hi narialander, Please i am planning to attend a conference in Canada but dont know how to Apply for Canada visa and i don't intend using Agent. Please can someone give me the procedures and the link. I am a HR Consultant. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks

dear HRprof, this forum is very intuitive and you will be very happy to read it. my suggestion is that if this conference is not in line with your academic qualifications and/or your current job, your application will most likely be refused. an intellectual application always impresses a canadian VO especially when they have the understanding that you are building a career back home. best of luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 9:29pm On Oct 08, 2017
kaffy4tope:

Is it possible to know if a visa is approved or not when not submitted online too?

hi, if you did a paper application, the only way to know the outcome is when you open your passport.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 9:33pm On Oct 08, 2017
Matanna:
@ chibabe4christ.. yes I applied online for a canadian visit visa.
@Pappy0080.. I applied online from Nigeria. List of docs
1) All our visas both current and expired
2) letter from office
3)property docs
4) children's birth certificate
5)invitation letter from sister
6) Statement of account
7) Statement of purpose
cool itinerary
9) flight booking
9)my birth certificate as evidence of relationship with sister.
My documents were just basic. Submit genuine docs and leave the rest to God. If it is his will the visa will be approved.Like you said it's just a miracle. I had been refused twice already so imagine my mind set when I was submitting. But I thank God it all ended in praise.

hi Matanna, congrats. a suggestion; if you dont have any fixed travel period, purchase an early summer ticket for next year and take your kids to canada wonderland, im sure it will take their breadth away.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 9:47pm On Oct 08, 2017
homeboy2015:
Hello all, You guys are doing a great job here. My sister inlaw wants to invite my wife and son to canada for xmas, can we use her bank statements since she's the sponsor? She is of the opinion that I have to present mine which is not well funded. Please advise.

Dear homeboy2015, sorry for your dilemma. i have noted the suggestions given by helpful people here but my opinion may differ. every single applicant, including your son has to individually qualify for a visa. for instance, your wife can actually get approved but you son denied. your task here is huge. you mentioned your account is not heavily funded but do you have landed properties? the true circumstances of an applicant is what a VO is trained to assess. what are the ties your wife has back home, well, apart from you? does she work? is she socially engaged? is there a verifyable community program she is a key player in? does she have landed properties? does your child school? the invitation is not the issue here; native canadians issue invitations to friends abroad and the high commissions will refuse them visas. also, the funding of this 'fun' activity is not coming from the nuclear family. truly, you dont wholly know the inviting party's full circumstance as the VO would find out and a VO always worries when funding is not contained in the nuclear family. i suggest you take your time with your application and assess it yourself first, unbiased. best of luck on this one, you need it.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emvicprints1: 11:11pm On Oct 08, 2017
Please house have been trying to track my application online it keeps saying application not found. Please any explanation for that?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SamReinvented: 1:33am On Oct 09, 2017
Hello everyone,

Came here to appreciate you guys. I applied 28th May, got my PPR on 28th September. Visa now in my hand... valid for 2 years (till my passport expires). You guys have been great! Jawa thank you!

The visa is no longer useful this year though. Summer holiday is over, and I can't freeze my brain in Canada during Christmas holiday either (EU has that covered cool ). So Canada will have me as a guest in 2018 summer . Whoop!

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Codedmd: 10:05am On Oct 09, 2017
Codedmd:
Hello everyone on dis thread, plz I need an urgent answer to dis question, pls is it possible to get direct employment letter from a company from Canada. I mean like work permit visa process by a company in Canada.

Please help ooooo
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Siga: 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2017
Codedmd:

Please help ooooo
Don't be scammed ....run ....

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by homeboy2015: 1:00pm On Oct 09, 2017
Jawa:

Dear homeboy2015, sorry for your dilemma. i have noted the suggestions given by helpful people here but my opinion may differ. every single applicant, including your son has to individually qualify for a visa. for instance, your wife can actually get approved but you son denied. your task here is huge. you mentioned your account is not heavily funded but do you have landed properties? the true circumstances of an applicant is what a VO is trained to assess. what are the ties your wife has back home, well, apart from you? does she work? is she socially engaged? is there a verifyable community program she is a key player in? does she have landed properties? does your child school? the invitation is not the issue here; native canadians issue invitations to friends abroad and the high commissions will refuse them visas. also, the funding of this 'fun' activity is not coming from the nuclear family. truly, you dont wholly know the inviting party's full circumstance as the VO would find out and a VO always worries when funding is not contained in the nuclear family. i suggest you take your time with your application and assess it yourself first, unbiased. best of luck on this one, you need it.

Thanks Jawa. I really appreciate your response. To answer your questions. I have a landed property given to me by my mum(The documents are still in her name though). My son(3years old) is in schoool. My wife is self employed, just registered her business name about a week ago. I work for a popular hospitality brand and also have a registered I.T firm by the side. They honestly will come back. Do you think we should continue with the application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ugoiyke79e: 4:54am On Oct 10, 2017
Jawa:

hi ugoiyke79e, have no fear in purchasing an ET ticket. they have all the newest boeing aircrafts(ET operates majorly a boeing fleet) and even the new stunning airbus A350. people always surprise me when they talk down on ET(probably because its African) and then go on to fly airlines like Turkish(probably one of the worst carriers). the thing here is that you'll always get to where you're going but some experiences are terrible, trust me. ET customer service is very ok , hardly will they misplace your luggage and you will hardly see an ET itinerary with up to 4hrs transit time. the only annoying thing on this ET route to toronto is that they stop for an hr at dublin although very briefly and you may even be asleep and not notice this stopover honestly.
for me, choosing a carrier largely depends on what part of the world i want to go to as i dont enjoy 10+ hrs flights(at least not anymore). so if im heading east towards asia and the middle east or australia for example, its most likely ET for cheaper fares but if money is not a problem, Etihad or Emirates because of outstanding customer service and huge brand new aircrafts or Quantas because its Quantas. if europe, Turkish (i despise the airline but its cheap and im a light traveler so i take my bag onboard.also, I love istanbul) or Iberia(now defunct and part of BA) or KLM if there is money. if west US/Canada, it has to be an european carrier like KLM or lufthansa(i love lufthansa but way too pricey. their economy ticket can even get you a turkish business class sometimes) or delta straight to ATL but this is always too pricey too (but you can always trick this if your're going to ATL by buying delta airlines LOS-JFK which will be about 300k cheaper than LOS-ATL, sounds weird but yes direct flights are far costlier than connecting flights, clear immigration at HJIA and enter ATL and abandon the ATL-JFK connection). the idea is that you pick a carrier whose hub(key city in carriers country where they take transits) is somewhat on the path to your destination, if not, you have to fly far east first and then fly far west resulting in 10+ sometimes 15+(Dxb to LAX) hours on one of the long haul flights. i hope you get the general idea. best of luck

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jonaslokk: 12:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hello homies!
PLEASE HELP ME ITS LIFE AND DEATH HERE DONT IGNORE�
I seriously need help about my visa including mentally help too cause this visa is driving me crazy, I applied to Vfs lekki, a study permit in Canada for Holland college around late July/early August and i didn't get any mail or anything till September's ending when I tracked the documents and saw there was a mail sent to me for pick up, wonderfully it was a medical request. But as it stands my program started on the 5th sep or so am obviously screwed cause I've missed a lot, I later sent the medical report ago I think 2 weeks now and I haven't gotten any feed back, every day that goes by I feel like I should hang myself cause I am dying! I don't eat much I have been sick thinking about my visa same with my dad that has been worried, I saw processing time is now 15 weeks now I hope that doesn't affect me cause am tired of everything I never even got a mail since I applied if not for tracking lord knows
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jonaslokk: 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2017
Help reply me up there
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jonaslokk: 12:15pm On Oct 10, 2017
SamReinvented:
Hello everyone,

Came here to appreciate you guys. I applied 28th May, got my PPR on 28th September. Visa now in my hand... valid for 2 years (till my passport expires). You guys have been great! Jawa thank you!

The visa isn't useful this year anymore though. Summer holiday is over, and I can't freeze my brain in Canada during Christmas holiday either (EU has that covered cool ). So Canada will have me as a guest in 2018 summer . Whoop!

Flex!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jonaslokk: 1:01pm On Oct 10, 2017
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mac2010: 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2017
plz what doc do you summit
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jonaslokk: 4:22pm On Oct 10, 2017
Homies!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LifeIsGuhd(f): 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2017
Jonaslokk:
Hello homies!
I seriously need help about my visa including mentally help too cause this visa is driving me crazy, I applied to Vfs lekki, a study permit in Canada for Holland college around late July/early August and i didn't get any mail or anything till September's ending when I tracked the documents and saw there was a mail sent to me for pick up, wonderfully it was a medical request. But as it stands my program started on the 5th sep or so am obviously screwed cause I've missed a lot, I later sent the medical report ago I think 2 weeks now and I haven't gotten any feed back, every day that goes by I feel like I should hang myself cause I am dying! I don't eat much I have been sick thinking about my visa same with my dad that has been worried, I saw processing time is now 15 weeks now I hope that doesn't affects me cause am tired of everything I never even got a mail since I applied if not for tracking lord knows

Hmmm... first of all, You should be slapped(na joke) for contemplating suicide...

Secondly, do you have an idea how many applicants wished they received a medical request?

Thirdly, you should be bothered on how you would get another LOA from your school instead of the suicidal thoughts.

Just so you feel better: An applicant Abiodunne's application is almost one year and he hasnt gotten his TRV stamped yet.

Finally, this is a wrong thread for your question. Next time use this: https://www.nairaland.com/3948393/canadian-student-visa-thread-part
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dotcomnamename: 6:56pm On Oct 10, 2017
Devaughn:

Hi, jawa and everyone in the house.

This is the letter i sent to accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

Re: Additional information for my visa application (V31xxxxc), UCI-939xxxxxx

Above subject refers:

I wish to refer to my Canadian visa application form, Background Information Section: Question 2b. In response to the question “Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?” I answered “YES” and gave reason as “MY APPLICATION WAS REFUSED DUE TO INSUFFICIENT DOCUMENTS”.
I will like to give more detailed information about the denials and hereby request that same be considered as part of my application. I forgot to add this detail when submitting my application online. Below are the countries I have applied to, dates and the details of the denials.

1. CANADA (UCI-93xxxc) Application No.: V3072xxxx
My first application to the Canadian High Commission, Nigeria; was on the 12/07/2015. The application was denied.
Reason for Denial: Travel history, Purpose of visit, personal assets and financial status (Copy of denial letter attached and marked “Canada-Refusal Doc”)

2. UNITED KINGDOM (Post Reference: ABUJA/955751)
· My first visa application to the UK was denied on the 30/07/2013
Reason for Refusal: (Copy of refusal letter attached and marked “UK-Refusal Doc1”)

· My second application to the UK was denied on the 05/08/2014
Reason for Refusal: (Copy of refusal letter attached and marked “UK-Refusal Doc2”)

· My third application to the UK was denied on the 15/02/2016
Reason for Refusal: (Copy of refusal letter attached and marked “UK-Refusal Doc3”)
Meanwhile, my fourth and fifth applications were granted and I was issued 6 and 24 months respectively. I have attached copies of the UK and French visas to my online Canadian visa application.

3. UNITED STATES of AMERICA

My applications to the US embassy, Abuja; were denied. I put in the applications on 2015, 2015 and 2017. All the applications were refused due to insufficient documents according to the Visa officer. I have also attached a copy of the refusal notices and marked same for the various applications.
With hope that you will consider the above information as part of my application.

What if applicant could not remember the actual month of refusal by US and other embassies? grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jonaslokk: 7:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:40am On Oct 11, 2017
Hello house. Please I want to apply for Canada tourist visa, anybody should help with requirements. Also what are my chances of getting the visa, I'm the director of my company, I have some few assets and also I left Canada in 2015 after my master program, studied business management at Niagara college welland Ontario.

Note: I just wanna go on tourist for sightseeing to some other places I couldn't visit while studying, no family member to send invitation letter, can hotel reservation stand as invitation?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 8:27am On Oct 11, 2017
goldosa:
GOOD EVENING GREAT PEOPLE, PLEASE HOW MUCH IS CANADA VISITING VISA FEE?

Check cic website sir

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BYACHEM: 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2017
Good Day, please i need more clarification on re-application for TRV CANADA . On the application form do i need to write the previous UCI no and

should i state the exact Gcms note reasons. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Devaughn: 6:29pm On Oct 11, 2017
BYACHEM:
Good Day, please i need more clarification on re-application for TRV CANADA . On the application form do i need to write the previous UCI no and

should i state the exact Gcms note reasons. Thank you
YES
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BYACHEM: 6:38pm On Oct 11, 2017
Thank you so much.

Devaughn:
YES
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oseodile: 11:34pm On Oct 11, 2017
Good day!!

Please I would appreciate prompt answer.. Am planning to apply for a paid conference in canada. My question is this, Will I use the receipt of payment as invitation when applying online or I ask for invitation letter from the conference organizers?
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omodadi2: 3:39am On Oct 12, 2017
oseodile:
Good day!!

Please I would appreciate prompt answer.. Am planning to apply for a paid conference in canada. My question is this, Will I use the receipt of payment as invitation when applying online or I ask for invitation letter from the conference organizers?
Thank you

I advice you get invitation letter from the conference organisers, including letter of release or nomination to attend the conference by your organization, they you also add your payment receipt when submitting your application. All of them work together.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oseodile: 11:27am On Oct 12, 2017
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BYACHEM: 12:55pm On Oct 12, 2017
Please Devaughn, when re-applying on IMM5257E form, i have a question 2C stating Have you previously applied to enter canada or remain in canada ? please through more light on this. QUESTION 2b is clear.

Devaughn:
YES
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelpes: 1:44pm On Oct 12, 2017
That question is tricky.However,In my case, I wrote "I applied and was granted a TRV(Visitor Visa) on **January,20**
in Accra"
BYACHEM:
Please Devaughn, when re-applying on IMM5257E form, i have a question 2C stating Have you previously applied to enter canada or remain in canada ? please through more light on this. QUESTION 2b is clear.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (1097) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: mikeayus(m), pufframmy, Shokeye3, bigboy4(m), wencius4u and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.