Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2319303 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (1099) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 1:32pm On Feb 24, 2018
@tkobserver, try Belarus and save the stress. It is very easy and straight forward. Get an official invitation letter from Belarus,book Turkishair and fly with ease ,then get your passport stamp @ Minsk Belarus on arrival. Note you will need some cash on you to get your passport stamp. Have done that before.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thacokeboy: 8:13pm On Feb 24, 2018
Bostin:
@tkobserver, try Belarus and save the stress. It is very easy and straight forward. Get an official invitation letter from Belarus,book Turkishair and fly with ease ,then get your passport stamp @ Minsk Belarus on arrival. Note you will need some cash on you to get your passport stamp. Have done that before.
. Belarus are u kidding
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thacokeboy: 8:14pm On Feb 24, 2018
Belarus wey get stress
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by friend(f): 5:24am On Feb 25, 2018
Hello my people.
I'm using hubby as my sponsor. We're submitting his 6months statement of account with abt N5m bal and N30m 6months turn over. His Intl passport page and consent letter for the kids (2). Is that ok? Though, we all have Valid US visa and my daughter is a US citizen. Any opinion abt the sponsor/financial support?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 25, 2018
Did anyone collect thier visa recently? Pls share ur timelimes
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Peterpan231: 3:30pm On Feb 25, 2018
Pipedreams:
looks like they are taking forever to process visa's now, my last paper application came back negative in less than 3 weeks, my reapplication is 35 days now, no response. Things might have reverted to the 90 days era
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2018
Peterpan231:
looks like they are taking forever to process visa's now, my last paper application came back negative in less than 3 weeks, my reapplication is 35 days now, no response. Things might have reverted to the 90 days era

90days? When i submitted it was showing 34days now its showing 52days. Nawa o. Why where u declined? Can u share?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Peterpan231: 4:30pm On Feb 25, 2018
Pipedreams:

90days? When i submitted it was showing 34days now its showing 52days. Nawa o. Why where u declined? Can u share?

stated the reason for my denial in my previous post.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Peterpan231: 5:26pm On Feb 25, 2018
I have a thought I would like to share, I think the methods VO's use in visa application assessment are far from perfect, or they are not following them at all. It could be that getting a Visa could just be another 1/2 probability gamble. I say this because I have seen far less qualified people get approved and people who I know to meet these requirements get denied. And this happens across embassies, and it has led some naive people to seek the services of visa racketeers, a family friend who is a naira billionaire, with a construction company, married with four kids was denied visa to Germany when he wanted to shop for earth moving equipments on the ground That he had no travel history. Ironically that same VO will approve an application for someone with fake visa stamps and travel history. My friend could damn have a travel history to 20 countries if he wanted to, but he probably never had a reason to travel. The US embassy is worst in this regards. I am not advocating for Visa racketeers. But the truth is most times the visa's go to the very people the system was designed to keep out.

7 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 10:26pm On Feb 25, 2018
Peterpan231:
I have a thought I would like to share, I think the methods VO's use in visa application assessment are far from perfect, or they are not following them at all. It could be that getting a Visa could just be another 1/2 probability gamble. I say this because I have seen far less qualified people get approved and people who I know to meet these requirements get denied. And this happens across embassies, and it has led some naive people to seek the services of visa racketeers, a family friend who is a naira billionaire, with a construction company, married with four kids was denied visa to Germany when he wanted to shop for earth moving equipments on the ground That he had no travel history. Ironically that same VO will approve an application for someone with fake visa stamps and travel history. My friend could damn have a travel history to 20 countries if he wanted to, but he probably never had a reason to travel. The US embassy is worst in this regards. I am not advocating for Visa racketeers. But the truth is most times the visa's go to the very people the system was designed to keep out.

Bros sometimes, I feel that way too. Oftentimes in the course of my travels, I meet people and I just wonder which consular granted them Visas in the first place, and these are the ones who abuse the conditions of their visas Making it difficult for geniune applicant to be granted.

You cannot also rule out human factor, it's ordinary human beings like you and I that process theses visas, when fatigue sets in, the quality of performance drops there by leading to errors or no proper checks conducted on application. I tell you, these people have thousands of application daily that they need to work on and it's so much work.

All the same, prays plays a major role in all situations.

All the best in your application. May it end in PRAISE for all the applicants and hopeful.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 7:13pm On Feb 26, 2018
Ijebuboy525:
Hello guys, I'm new to this thread, I greet the bosses of the house. I'm presently in US on F1 visa and my wife and kid coming to join me in few months time, after their arrival, we plan to migrate to Canada and settle there. I'm having a convention in Canada in few months time which I already have the invitation and other documents to secure my visa. My question is what is the best channel for an intending immigrants like us to make our stay over there a legal one with easy process?

Hi Ijebuboy525, an F1 visa cannot guarantee a canadian visa. when you apply to visit canada, the VO will assess you based on your ties and since you plan to travel with your family, the burden on you is greater. again, applying from the US can only make a decision come quicker not really positive. if Canadian migration is your end game, feel free to explore the Express Entry route as you can easily secure permanent residence the right way. you dont want to put your family through the stress of living as illegal immigrants by overstaying a visit visa. best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2018
tkObserver:
Hello everyone, Please I need your assistance. I am
planning to travel to Barbados on vacation. This is to
enable me work on my travel history (I have had
denials at about 3 embassies because of that). I chose
barbados because it is visa free to Nigeria and also an
opportunity for me to visit that part. However, i learnt I
will have to get a[b] transit visa[/b] since my booking
shows im gonna have to transit tru canada [/b]airport.
Please can u all help me with this info:
1. How to go about the application
2. IMPORTANT...[b].how long it takes for the embassy
to issue a transit visa (because i know their visitor visa
takes about 3 months)
3. Likely requirements because I was once denied a
VISITOR visa but Im hoping to apply for TRANSIT this
time. (Hope my refusal doesn't mean anything here
since im not going directly to canada)
I have checked VFSGlobal website but i didn't see any
info on transit visa application procedure.
Kindly help me out please.
Thanks....I need the info urgently

Dear tkObserver, travel history is a way a VO assesses your willingness to go back home after a visit to a foreign land. as a criteria to measure ties, they base this on the idea that you have gone to better places and have returned. Barbados is a tiny island like cyprus but unlike cyprus, its not even fine. its 3rd world. when you go to barbados and return, it would carry the same weight as going to ghana so this venture, if it is purely to rake in travel history, is pointless. to directly answer your questions to my knowledge;
1) if you want to travel to barbados still, just buy a ticket as the country is visa free. make sure your flight is not routed via the US or canada ad you cannot do a Direct Airside Transit(DAT) in these countries. Virgin Atlantic have great deals at the moment. LOS-LHR-BGI is your route.
2)dont waste your strength. the qualifications you need to show to secure a transit visa is the same for a visit visa for US and Canada. because as they do not permit DAT(where you just land and connect another flight. you must clear immigration, pick your bags and recheck them in), you can easily disappear from the airport. if you must visit Barbados, avoid a flight routed via the US/canada.
3)as have been stated, the requirements are the same.
my advice would be to build up more. apply for GCMS and understand why the refusal decision was made in the first place. travel to other places UAE, UK maybe. travel history is only one factor a VO considers. people with empty passports get issued visas daily.best of luck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 7:39pm On Feb 26, 2018
friend:
Hello,
Please, has anyone applied for TRV without proof of financial support as stated in the new checklist . It's stated that if you have an existing US visa, you don't need proof of financial support for your TRV application

Hi friend, this might be the easiest way to get your application refused. why would you not want to show this document? always remember that even a US visa that has been used multiple times will not guarantee a canadian visa. the Onus is on you to convince a VO so make sure you always be on the high side. these countries are closely related but very different in a lot of ways. please include all documents required of you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 7:41pm On Feb 26, 2018
barnaby04:

Thanks bro for your response. The family is fully aware of the costs involved in both but only needs guidance on how to go over the visa application process.

Then cost of ferrying in the corpse isn't seeming an issue in this case and should be avoided if possible in the application. Holds little water, and sounds annoying to now be having family representativeS/memberS (not member) going to Canada to have the funeral there instead. And yet, cost is the issue?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 7:58pm On Feb 26, 2018
Peterpan231:

hi Peterpan231, your thought is rational and i thank you for sharing. i shall like to mention that no one here is a Visa officer. all we all do are calculated guesses or random guesses for some people. i can guarantee you that VOs are very well trained and have rules they follow and have where they use their discretion. a VO can have doubts thats why you see someone being issued a 1-yr canadian visa and another issued 4-yrs. we dont know how they measure the totality of an applicants ties but we know what ties they look out for individually, at least some of them. however, for US VOs, they are not interested in documents but majorly base their decision on the outcome of the adjudication in the interview. they know when you lie and when you speak the truth. but you know they are well trained because majority of the people they issue visas travel and leave in due time. you can also visit several countries with a US visa so these countries trust US VO to do a good job. VOs of the same country follow the same process but where and when they have to use discretion, they differ in decisions slightly. as for the fake visa stamps, i dont know first hand anyone that has gotten away with this in a US interview. the only thing a US VO did with my passport was to examine the canadian visa in it with a lens. he saw multiple entry stamps but he still used a lens and examined it for like 3 seconds. im not sure why.for canadian VOs, getting away with fake documents is near impossible as they verify everything they can.as an applicant, just keep your story straight and let it make sense and have some money, Visas will be approved and when they are not, visiting other places is best than stressing over it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 8:10pm On Feb 26, 2018
Jawa:

hi Peterpan231, your thought is rational and i thank you for sharing. i shall like to mention that no one here is a Visa officer. all we all do are calculated guesses or random guesses for some people.

Very aptly written @Jawa, you actually, clearly spelt it all out. Great job.

I remember viewing the status of my Canadian visa application online for a whole one month, all I saw was "reviewing documents" to me, that wasn't a VO doing guess work, they do know what they are paid to do.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thacokeboy: 8:37pm On Feb 26, 2018
Jawa:

Dear tkObserver, travel history is a way a VO assesses your willingness to go back home after a visit to a foreign land. as a criteria to measure ties, they base this on the idea that you have gone to better places and have returned. Barbados is a tiny island like cyprus but unlike cyprus, its not even fine. its 3rd world. when you go to barbados and return, it would carry the same weight as going to ghana so this venture, if it is purely to rake in travel history, is pointless. to directly answer your questions to my knowledge;
1) if you want to travel to barbados still, just buy a ticket as the country is visa free. make sure your flight is not routed via the US or canada ad you cannot do a Direct Airside Transit(DAT) in these countries. Virgin Atlantic have great deals at the moment. LOS-LHR-BGI is your route.
2)dont waste your strength. the qualifications you need to show to secure a transit visa is the same for a visit visa for US and Canada. because as they do not permit DAT(where you just land and connect another flight. you must clear immigration, pick your bags and recheck them in), you can easily disappear from the airport. if you must visit Barbados, avoid a flight routed via the US/canada.
my advice would be to build up more. apply for GCMS and understand why the refusal decision was made in the first place. travel to other places UAE, UK maybe. travel history is only one factor a VO considers. people with empty passports get issued visas daily.best of luck
. thanks for the explanation man!! now we get it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by teefinix: 11:50am On Feb 27, 2018
Good morning house....pls has anyone done a renewal for canada tourist visa?.
My family applied last yr,but 2 of us were given 1 yr while my husb and daughter had 5yrs all based on our passport validity.
Now I want to renew with my son as our visa expires in June.
Can we renew b4 expiry just like that of d US?
What is the process for renewal?
Is it just like applying for a new TRB?
Kindly assist with these info.
Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 12:23pm On Feb 27, 2018
teefinix:
Good morning house....pls has anyone done a renewal for canada tourist visa?.
My family applied last yr,but 2 of us were given 1 yr while my husb and daughter had 5yrs all based on our passport validity.
Now I want to renew with my son as our visa expires in June.
Can we renew b4 expiry just like that of d US?
What is the process for renewal?
Is it just like applying for a new TRB?
Kindly assist with these info.
Thank you.

Yes you can.

It's just like applying for a new TRV.

All the best
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 1kingwriter: 3:34pm On Feb 27, 2018
Good afternoon all.
Please my Mum is going for her biometrics, does she need any other item except the biometrics page?
Something like photo passport?

The application was made online on her behalf.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 4:05pm On Feb 27, 2018
1kingwriter:
Good afternoon all.
Please my Mum is going for her biometrics, does she need any other item except the biometrics page?
Something like photo passport?

The application was made online on her behalf.

Just her passport and biometric notification

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 6:32pm On Feb 27, 2018
Dear All,

Am filing the on line application for TRV, am having issues uploading Form 5257 Schedule 1, its returning this error "Error Description: The version of the document submitted is no longer accepted".

any suggestions on what to do.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SamReinvented: 9:55pm On Feb 28, 2018
Hello everyone,

I'm starting plans for my trip, now that tickets are cheap. I'm finding it difficult booking egyptair online. The Arrival and departure column just doesn't function! Is the website broken?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obabola123: 10:35pm On Feb 28, 2018
Hello everyone, please i applied to canada visa for holiday in london. And i was refuse and my wife is a british which we are playing to go together.base on this letter below: any advice please

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shynzee: 9:27am On Mar 01, 2018
olumig:
Dear All,

Am filing the on line application for TRV, am having issues uploading Form 5257 Schedule 1, its returning this error "Error Description: The version of the document submitted is no longer accepted".

any suggestions on what to do.

Thanks

There is a new version of the form, search for the form under Find Application forms.
The details are the same.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 10:03am On Mar 01, 2018
shynzee:

There is a new version of the form, search for the form under Find Application forms.
The details are the same.

Thanks, done so still returning the error, the form is under optional is it necessary to submit it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 10:07am On Mar 01, 2018
Or can I print and scan the document to upload
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MrsBee: 10:09am On Mar 01, 2018
Pipedreams:

Timelines for my mum. She applied through online route.

Application Submitted - Jan 19 2018
Biometrics Request - Jan 19 2018
Biometrics Done - Jan 30 2018
Passport Request - Feb 13 2018
Passport Sent - Feb 14 2018
Passport Returned - Feb 20 2018

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ubk1: 10:11am On Mar 01, 2018
Good morning house!

Please I am new here,I just want to ask is it possible to apply for Canada visiting visa without physical interview.Because,I met an agent and told me that he can help me get Canada visiting visa without physical interview.Can anyone help me out on this?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 01, 2018
Jawa:

Thank you my brother. I really appreciate this, along with everyone who has helped in educating me on this.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 01, 2018
thacokeboy:
. thanks for the explanation man!! now we get it

Thanks to you too bro. I would have to explore other options. I only felt the need to seek enlightenment before committing my funds for tickets. Thanks again
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mojisolani: 10:47am On Mar 01, 2018
Are you not reading people post?this type of question is very annoying. You go fall mumu and at the end you go blame people.You are new here yet you can't read back to enlighten yourself, good for you . Give am money and passport and wait patiently for your 5 years ban with fake visa and what happened to your money Gone with a black name at the US embassy as well..author=Ubk1 post=65464220]Good morning house!

Please I am new here,I just want to ask is it possible to apply for Canada visiting visa without physical interview.Because,I met an agent and told me that he can help me get Canada visiting visa without physical interview.Can anyone help me out on this?[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (1099) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: OTIK, Deering1008 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.