Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2313695 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (1096) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 9:36pm On Apr 04, 2018
vibrant99:
Do you know the Most people who get their Visa's Approved?
The normal Applications you will find in the waste-Bin!

3 years ago , a young lady was in front of me at the US consular, she was asked why she wanted to travel, she said, " I have never traveled anywhere before, My husband asked me to choose a place and i Choose the US, I want to see the White house" * i swear***, The interviewer burst into serious laff, and said, Please remember to take a picture!!!!

Leave all this Una seriousness ooo!

White House is a tourist attraction so going to see the most famous house on earth is not out of place.

Saying that you are going to see snow in Canada makes no sense.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mac2010: 11:08pm On Apr 04, 2018
Good day I have applied twice also denied twice...plz I we like to reapply again...I need some advice if my Faith could work this time around??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by benuche: 5:07am On Apr 05, 2018
Helloo ,can someone be specific, Please im trying to visit canada as a tourist from uk.im an international masters student in uk.also doing a care job here ,have a federal job in Nigeria .please which documents do i present to Canadian embassy.i need details, wether to state i work in Nigeria or just include i work as career.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maddock(m): 7:15am On Apr 05, 2018
Time line
Submission 09/03/18
Collection 29/03/18
Decision: Refusal
Reason : Not satisfied I would leave Canada with my kids at the end of the 6days visit and welcome to reapply if I feel I can respond to these concerns and demonstrate that situation meets the requirements.

We are all valid holder of US visa and also visited US once. Just renewed our US visa till 2020 and we intend using road to enter Canada during our visit this Summer to New York, or it the reason for our refusal?

I have a fairly good travel history being to US and also hold a valid US visa till 2020, being to UK, Sweden, Dubai, Indonesian .

So any idea on why the refusal as I was so sure in would be given.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by JahProv1214: 1:40pm On Apr 05, 2018
I had stronger travel history in 10 European countries yet I was denied for travel history last year and strong ties at home when I gave them C of O for 2 Properties.

I think they prefare Letter of Invitation. Did you add it?

maddock:
Time line
Submission 09/03/18
Collection 29/03/18
Reason : Not satisfied I would leave Canada with my kids at the end of the 6days visit and welcome to reapply if I feel I can respond to these concerns and demonstrate that situation meets the requirements.

We are all valid holder of US visa and also visited US once. Just renewed our US visa till 2020 and we intend using road to enter Canada during our visit this Summer to New York, or it the reason for our refusal?

I have a fairly good travel history being to US and also hold a valid US visa till 2020, being to UK, Sweden, Dubai, Indonesian .

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by JahProv1214: 1:41pm On Apr 05, 2018
maddock:
Time line
Submission 09/03/18
Collection 29/03/18

had stronger travel history in 10 European countries yet I was denied for travel history last year and strong ties at home when I gave them C of O for 2 Properties.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maddock(m): 1:57pm On Apr 05, 2018
JahProv1214:

had stronger travel history in 10 European countries yet I was denied for travel history last year and strong ties at home when I gave them C of O for 2 Properties.

I don't have any relatives there hence no invitation letter.

I didn't add letter of invitation because i don't have anyone there.

No I didnt add a letter of invitation, because I don't have any relations over there.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sesay: 2:57pm On Apr 05, 2018
Plz, I'm planing to enter Canada through ETA(e-visa). And I don't intend to come back. ETA is usually a 4-5 year visa. plz. how do I go about it. what is advantage and disadvantage of ETA(e-visa) kindly advice. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by giga02(m): 3:11pm On Apr 05, 2018
is it true that anybody wanting to visit Canada with an age less than 30years he/she is very likely to be denied visa?
I mean not having any relative but parent can comfortably sponsor all expenses
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sesay: 3:12pm On Apr 05, 2018
Acos925:
Hello house, pls this is my first post on this section. Am planning on applying for tourists Canadian visa via online application for myself and wife....no kids yet. I have few questions to ask pls.
1. Can one apply for tourists visiting visa and then extend the stay later on?
2. Between online and paper application, which is better?
3. How do one make the payment if its tru online application. ...is GTBank master card allowed?

Hints for further assistance. ...am a Environmental scientists by profession and wifey be Nurse. Thanks guys.

Acos925, plz, I have a very important question to ask you. plz, buzz. it is urgent I beg.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2018
Peterpan231:
Who has the direct email address to the Canadian embassy, not vsf global, I want to express my dissatisfaction with them in a letter, my refusal letter is dated 23/2/18, that is to say they already reach a decision on or B4 that date. My appointment was for 6th March, but instead of notifying me so I can cancel my appointment, they held on to my passport for another one month. There by making me look irresponsible to my prospective client. Not just that they returned only my passport and kept all my supporting documents for themselves, I know the letters are addressed to them, but not my company documents and marriage and children's birth certificate, and in their letter they want me to reapply and pay yet another round of fees. NO I WILL NOT. Will look to visit the UK or us instead. I just need them to send me back my documents. That's all. If anyone has their direct email address, please pass it. Thanks

Hi, please make reference to your refusal letter to find out which office that processed it then send an email to accra.immigration@international.gc.ca or lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca or just send to both and the responsible office will respond to you as appropriate.
alternatively, you can raise a webform at https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx to lay out your complains and state all details such as full name, UCI, DOB and application number. good luck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Acos925(m): 9:22pm On Apr 05, 2018
sesay:

Acos925, plz, I have a very important question to ask you. plz, buzz. it is urgent I beg.

Baba i dey hail o. ...happen?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jelmusboy(m): 8:43am On Apr 06, 2018
After an online application refusal, can paper application with convincing evidences make them grant the visa?

Which one is better, paper or online?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sesay: 9:32am On Apr 06, 2018
Acos925:

Baba i dey hail o. ...happen?
Plz, can I have your number?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelmonk: 11:03am On Apr 06, 2018
Hello all, I've been reading and all is useful. Great contribution from the gurus and time commitment is commendable. I like to be guided on this please: I applied for a Canada TRV since March 12th for a conference, I run a charity org here in naija. Now I'm in the UK, I had to travel for another event. What happens if Im asked to submit my passport, what do I do then or now if the call to submit passport comes before my return to naija? I did online app.

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Acos925(m): 7:14pm On Apr 06, 2018
sesay:

Plz, can I have your number?
No problem man. Hope all is well sha....mail me via mailacos925@yahoo.com
Nice day ahead.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 10:08pm On Apr 06, 2018
Travelmonk:
Hello all, I've been reading and all is useful. Great contribution from the gurus and time commitment is commendable. I like to be guided on this please: I applied for a Canada TRV since March 12th for a conference, I run a charity org here in naija. Now I'm in the UK, I had to travel for another event. What happens if Im asked to submit my passport, what do I do then or now if the call to submit passport comes before my return to naija? I did online app.

Thank you

its not a problem, usually you are given i guess 30 days from when they send you passport request mail to submit your passport and am sure you should be back before then since you are not residence in UK ba?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrking20: 2:54am On Apr 07, 2018
I order my GCMS note after my visit visa was rejected recently. I dont really understand the organisations & Entities section. They mentioned something about Nairobi visit when i have not visited or even apply for their visa before. Please see the attached.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vibrant99(m): 9:59am On Apr 07, 2018
Do you notice Processed Visas are released in batches?
Denied or Approved!!!
By 5th of April, A large Batch was released, and everyone started coming with their testimonies and Regrets.
So the point is, Many people complain of Delays, and the fact that their application has stayed like 6 years at the embassy.
Your application has not being forgotten, it is on track and will be attended to, The time frame is 35 Working days not 35 days from Mon-SUN.
When you visa Takes 35 working days before you get a mail, you are 76% sure it is Approved, when it Takes More days, It may be that t requires more confirmations, still you are in the 76% positives, when your visa Takes just 2 weeks of processing, or a Month, it is a 45% chance of getting approved, so expect you application to take a while.
I am not saying this is a perfect signature of Canadian Visa, but if you have this at the back of your mind, you will be on a more relaxed mood, still anything can go wrong or go right for you in any case, and there are some people whose visa is withheld until what they want to do has passed, still doesn't mean you will get a Rejection, am sure 70% still gets approved.

Keep the hope alive.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by teabully(m): 11:29am On Apr 07, 2018
Dextra like how muchh do u meann by fat account, pls specify
Dextra:
I know how frustrating it can be when you try to get information from the Student Visa session, all you see is "Medical hopefuls" and lots. I tried to find information too when I wanted to apply for my Visitor Visa. Anyway, recently I received a Multiple Entry Visa Canada So, the basic requirement are all in the website: Application form, Family information and all that. Now, other document to submit depends on your purpose of visit. You need to prove to the VO that you will return after your visit. When I returned to the country after my first visit most of my friends thought I was stupid to have returned and I even met few people over there who told me what to do to remain in Canada. I'm glad I was smarter and returned even before my visa expired. Believe me, I will never advice anyone to overstay. Plan to return at least for sake of next application. That is why they really want to make sure you have strong reason to return.

Items that will prove that you will return are: Strong tie to Nigeria, regular employment, fat account balance, assets, and previous travel history.
I hope this will be helpful to you.
I wish you success.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vibrant99(m): 12:09pm On Apr 07, 2018
Don't go with the "fat" account idea, I have a friend who applied with 15 Million acct balance, and another applied with 350k acct balance, The 350k guy got it.
This is the idea..... You account balance doesn't make you a regular banker, You cant is not a fixed deposit either, so are applying for a visa with the fat account balnce because you want to be seen as a rich and comfortable person in Nigeria, but that trick stopped working.
What makes you a banker is how the frequency of the money that comes into it and leaves it, Thats why down below you "Total Credit" and Total Debits", Thats what they look out for , That what proves you as a banker.
teabully:
Dextra like how muchh do u meann by fat account, pls specify
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrking20: 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2018
Fat account don't work with Canadian visa application.
I recently applied for a visit visa with 42m acct bal, 1.5b inflow and 1.5b outflow on six month statement, two landed property, two cars on my name (Lexus & corolla) and two truck on my company name yet the visa was refused .in fact my immediate brother is a P.R holder there and he sent me an invitation with all his docs.
vibrant99:
Don't go with the "fat" account idea, I have a friend who applied with 15 Million acct balance, and another applied with 350k acct balance, The 350k guy got it.
This is the idea..... You account balance doesn't make you a regular banker, You cant is not a fixed deposit either, so are applying for a visa with the fat account balnce because you want to be seen as a rich and comfortable person in Nigeria, but that trick stopped working.
What makes you a banker is how the frequency of the money that comes into it and leaves it, Thats why down below you "Total Credit" and Total Debits", Thats what they look out for , That what proves you as a banker.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 1:24pm On Apr 07, 2018
Mrking20:
I order my GCMS note after my visit visa was rejected recently. I dont really understand the organisations & Entities section. They mentioned something about Nairobi visit when i have not visited or even apply for their visa before. Please see the attached.

Is this all they sent to you? This doesn't look like a complete GCMS report
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 1:27pm On Apr 07, 2018
Mrking20:
Fat account don't work with Canadian visa application.
I[b] recently applied for a visit visa with 42m acct bal, 1.5b inflow and 1.5b outflow on six month statement[/b], two landed property, two cars on my name (Lexus & corolla) and two truck on my company name yet the visa was refused .in fact my immediate brother is a P.R holder there and he sent me an invitation with all his docs.

I'm not surprised that they refused you. Did you support how you made that money?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SamReinvented: 4:56pm On Apr 07, 2018
vibrant99:
Do you notice Processed Visas are released in batches?
Denied or Approved!!!
By 5th of April, A large Batch was released, and everyone started coming with their testimonies and Regrets.
So the point is, Many people complain of Delays, and the fact that their application has stayed like 6 years at the embassy.
Your application has not being forgotten, it is on track and will be attended to, The time frame is 35 Working days not 35 days from Mon-SUN.
When you visa Takes 35 working days before you get a mail, you are 76% sure it is Approved, when it Takes More days, It may be that t requires more confirmations, still you are in the 76% positives, when your visa Takes just 2 weeks of processing, or a Month, it is a 45% chance of getting approved, so expect you application to take a while.
I am not saying this is a perfect signature of Canadian Visa, but if you have this at the back of your mind, you will be on a more relaxed mood, still anything can go wrong or go right for you in any case, and there are some people whose visa is withheld until what they want to do has passed, still doesn't mean you will get a Rejection, am sure 70% still gets approved.

Keep the hope alive.

For Canada, the timeframe is in calendar days, not working days.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vibrant99(m): 6:14pm On Apr 07, 2018
It is still in your care, However you prefer to lay your bed as you lay, you prefer most.
SamReinvented:

For Canada, the timeframe is in calendar days, not working days.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by teabully(m): 7:17pm On Apr 07, 2018
vibrant99:
thanks for the insight.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrking20: 10:55pm On Apr 07, 2018
I have the complete GCMS note but the part that I don't understand is what I attached earlier..
justwise:

Is this all they sent to you? This doesn't look like a complete GCMS report
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrking20: 10:57pm On Apr 07, 2018
I will find time to send u the complete docs submitted for the visa application. My transaction return waybills as evidence of wat I do was attached.
justwise:

I'm not surprised that they refused you. Did you support how you made that money?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mightyeagle: 12:45pm On Apr 08, 2018
Hello gurus in the house . I'm a regular reader of this thread and don't comment. pls I hav a pressing question I will like to ask you all and will need a detailed response soonest: pls I will be traveling to canada with Visit visa I.e through conference. and I intend to stay and look for work. pls I will like the gurus to help me on how to go abt it there and the feasibility of getting a wrk permit or work while I get to canada.pls every response will be welcomed and appreciated.thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vibrant99(m): 1:10pm On Apr 08, 2018
If you can go there and come back to Nigeria, It will be a good travel History for you to try again, but looking for a Job over there will be a tough one or even getting a permit, Though is possible, but you would spend more money trying to get that, in Accommodation and feeding yourself while you are at it, All round i will say thats not the best way to go about it, not with the visitor visa, you are out in the cold.
Mightyeagle:
Hello gurus in the house . I'm a regular reader of this thread and don't comment. pls I hav a pressing question I will like to ask you all and will need a detailed response soonest: pls I will be traveling to canada with Visit visa I.e through conference. and I intend to stay and look for work. pls I will like the gurus to help me on how to go abt it there and the feasibility of getting a wrk permit or work while I get to canada.pls every response will be welcomed and appreciated.thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (1096) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: tblaze007(m), Derende(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.