Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2323764 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by frankkudos: 3:45pm On Apr 15, 2018
Yes the both statement of account must be stamped and signed .
senors:
Please someone should kindly assist to do justice to this.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by frankkudos: 3:48pm On Apr 15, 2018
senors:
Please someone should kindly assist to do justice to this.
I dont really think the family pictures are necessary too . Then the refusal letter and declaration may not be necessary too because they already have every information on your refusal in their data . Just make up your document and submit . God will see you through

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 4:22pm On Apr 15, 2018
ladylco:

i have a friend who worked for lawma when she got her UK to attend a conference she was earning about N40somethingK, i was earning over N200k warking in a fin institution yet i was refused. She got the visa and had renewed and visited severally. As at last count when she renewed her 5yr UK visa recently her income wasnt even up to #65K.

Ability to sustain yourself on the trip and not recourse to public funds while on the trip vis a vis your ties back home; to mention but is fee is what the VO is looking out for

Your friend is not paying for the conference so the trip will cost her nothing.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 4:26pm On Apr 15, 2018
olumig:
my pay is just a bit higher than his bro.

Why would one even dream of holiday in Canada while earning 180 Canadian dollar a month in Nigeria?

How much do you think it will cost him to visit Canada for.. let say a week and come back to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 5:01pm On Apr 15, 2018
justwise:

Why would one even dream of holiday in Canada while earning 180 Canadian dollar a month in Nigeria?

How much do you think it will cost him to visit Canada for.. let say a week and come back to Nigeria?
did the poster say that was his only source of income
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 5:07pm On Apr 15, 2018
olumig:
did the poster say that was his only source of income

Show me where another source of income was mentioned in his post
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 6:47pm On Apr 15, 2018
justwise:

Show me where another source of income was mentioned in his post
for him to aspire for such am sure there will be other means
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 12:10am On Apr 16, 2018
olumig:
bless you

Amen and you too
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 12:14am On Apr 16, 2018
justwise:

says who? and the airline will also lift her for free?

i really dont get your logic sir, could you shed more light?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by senors(m): 12:38am On Apr 16, 2018
My little experience with UK visa application is even if its conference being sponsored by the employer, they still check individual financial circumstance to sponsor such trip without 3rd party sponsorship.
Certainly Its expected that other income source be declared with say a backing bank statement. I assume the person must have addressed that in his/her visa app as that monthly pay I guess can't get one a UK visa except some supernatural involvement cheesy that influences such ECO decision if such visa is granted.
justwise:

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 5:40am On Apr 16, 2018
ladylco:

says who? and the airline will also lift her for free?

i really dont get your logic sir, could you shed more light?

Madam are you telling a day old baby that your friend earns N40k a month and sponsors herself for a conference on behalf of her company?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 5:40am On Apr 16, 2018
senors:
My little experience with UK visa application is even if its conference being sponsored by the employer, they still check individual financial circumstance to sponsor such trip without 3rd party sponsorship.
Certainly Its expected that other income source be declared with say a backing bank statement. I assume the person must have addressed that in his/her visa app as that monthly pay I guess can't get one a UK visa except some supernatural involvement cheesy that influences such ECO decision if such visa is granted.

Fact.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelmonk: 10:28am On Apr 16, 2018
frankkudos:
Usually, it takes close to 3 months in some cases . Never loose hope my dear . God will see you through

Hi,
Just got a refusal letter

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

I RUN BIG TIME FISH FARMING BUSINESS ON LANDED PROPERTIES

I RUN AN NGO

MARRIED, HAVE KIDS, 3 ARE US CITIZENS(I DIDNT ATTACH DOCUS)

BEEN TO SEYCHELLES, UK 3TIMES, US 3TIMES

N1.4M BALANCE

I have a conference June 6, I'm in UK at the moment, If i have to reapply immediately online, can I do a biometrics here in London? Visa app was actually processed in London office. Please help with advice immediately and please what is GCMS,.thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zamil3440: 10:58am On Apr 16, 2018
☹ so sorry about your refusal,please when did you apply?
Travelmonk:

Hi,

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

I RUN AN NGO

N1.4M BALANCE

I have a conference June 6, I'm in UK at the moment, If i have to reapply immediately online, can I do a biometrics here in London? Visa app was actually processed in London office. Please help with advice immediately and please what is GCMS,.thanks

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jelmusboy(m): 3:02pm On Apr 16, 2018
Honestly, I don't understand Canada. They have no reason to refuse your visa with your profile. I'm currently in the UK and have applied for Canada visit visa for a summer institute, I pray to have a different story.

There is visa office in London, going there for biometrics on Wednesday.

Travelmonk:

Hi,

I RUN AN NGO

N1.4M BALANCE

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelmonk: 5:20pm On Apr 16, 2018
Zamil3440:
☹ so sorry about your refusal,please when did you apply?

Applied 12th March
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelmonk: 5:29pm On Apr 16, 2018
jelmusboy:
Honestly, I don't understand Canada. They have no reason to refuse your visa with your profile. I'm currently in the UK and have applied for Canada visit visa for a summer institute, I pray to have a different story.

There is visa office in London, going there for biometrics on Wednesday.

You mean I can reapply from UK here and have biometrics done anywhere I am?(London). Like you did? Are you UK resident, used UK address for your application? Please explain. Thanks for concern.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jelmusboy(m): 6:06pm On Apr 16, 2018
I'm a UK resident, thought you are one as well. You can apply though but you must be able to tell the VO why you are applying here and not where you have legal residence status i.e Nigeria.

Yes, you need UK address for your application.

Travelmonk:

You mean I can reapply from UK here and have biometrics done anywhere I am?(London). Like you did? Are you UK resident, used UK address for your application? Please explain. Thanks for concern.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 8:13pm On Apr 16, 2018
Travelmonk:

Hi,

I RUN AN NGO

N1.4M BALANCE

Can you list those documents you submitted to support your application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 8:15pm On Apr 16, 2018
Travelmonk:

You can't since you are not UK resident and you don't have tie to the UK.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by almaj: 2:53pm On Apr 17, 2018
@justwise & others.. I would like to visit Canada for the first time for holiday later this year. I have been to USA, UK several times. Kindly advise on the tourist visa process and documentation for a first time applicant. I intend to apply from Abuja please.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Perence: 8:05pm On Apr 17, 2018
So sorry you were denied. I was also denied last year, but this year i re -applied.

What I did differently, I took my time to gather my documentations. Below are the documents I submitted.
1. Payslip
2. Statement of accounts of all my accounts
3. Pension statement of account
4. Fixed deposits contract note.
5. Photocopy of all my previous visas(I was using a fresh passport). I have been to the US several times, France, UK, Dubai, Germany.
5. Reference letter from my place of work.
6. Shares Certificates
7. Landed properties
8. Invitation letter (I have a sibling who is a citizen)
9. Letter from my insurance company for my life policy.
10. My kids are American citizens, so I made copies of their passport and birth certificates.

That was it. It was out in about 2weeks.

Bottom line, you can try again. Be more thorough with your documentations and above all commit it to God.

Quote author=Travelmonk post=66753606]

Hi,

I RUN AN NGO

N1.4M BALANCE

[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by belovedmvo265: 9:34pm On Apr 17, 2018
i get the main requirement but what I would like to know about is the FAT Account aspect...like how much are we talking about on the minimum?...

Dextra:
I know how frustrating it can be when you try to get information from the Student Visa session, all you see is "Medical hopefuls" and lots. I tried to find information too when I wanted to apply for my Visitor Visa. Anyway, recently I received a Multiple Entry Visa Canada So, the basic requirement are all in the website: Application form, Family information and all that. Now, other document to submit depends on your purpose of visit. You need to prove to the VO that you will return after your visit. When I returned to the country after my first visit most of my friends thought I was stupid to have returned and I even met few people over there who told me what to do to remain in Canada. I'm glad I was smarter and returned even before my visa expired. Believe me, I will never advice anyone to overstay. Plan to return at least for sake of next application. That is why they really want to make sure you have strong reason to return.

Items that will prove that you will return are: Strong tie to Nigeria, regular employment, fat account balance, assets, and previous travel history.
I hope this will be helpful to you.
I wish you success.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gokeextra: 11:04pm On Apr 17, 2018
maternal:

Yes canada has a shortage of tradesmen like a Welder. You should apply as a skilled worker. If you get accepted go back to school and get your red seal. Red seal means you're qualified to work in canada, USA, or some places in Europe. Nobody acknowledges or respects nigerian qualifications here which makes sense.

@maternal thanks for all the information,please what are the require documents to apply for tourist visa as business owner.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 11:41pm On Apr 17, 2018
justwise:

Madam are you telling a day old baby that your friend earns N40k a month and sponsors herself for a conference on behalf of her company?

sir learn to read post clearly. There is no where i stated my friend was going to a conference on behalf of a company and neither did the initial posters mentioned any of such.

cant one attend conference at ones freewill without being sponsored by a company or on behalf of a conference?

must a company sponsor her conference? her purpoe of visit was the conference becos she felt that will aid her getting the visa, her company has no financial comittement whatsoever only letter of introduction stating she is a staff. The same letter i got from my organisation yet i was refused.

i really dont get your logic still. if the applicant by way of submission is able to prove to the VO that he/she merit the visa regardless of how much the income is earned so why not?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 11:52pm On Apr 17, 2018
Priceless200:

Why not. Provided you have every other reasonable ties back home. You're good to go.

exactly my point
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by glam12: 2:39pm On Apr 18, 2018
oh yea...this visa thing could be really confusing... i have found the few advices given helpful...even though i don not understand some abbreviated terms used for example CGMS, SOP/LOE. Please can you help?
Thanks to everyone that responded. you are far too kind!
roberto:

@glams, lets connect. i am in same shoes. my rejected with same reasons. can any forum member help out on best way to respond because i want to reapply immediately too. Please i await your response
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olami101: 5:11am On Apr 19, 2018
Pls house, i need step by step on how I can apply for my visit visa to Canada, I don't want to use an agent, pls I need help asap,thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 3:18pm On Apr 19, 2018
Pls While applying for Canada visa, is the first step payment for visa fee or filling out application form first before paying?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jelmusboy(m): 5:45pm On Apr 19, 2018
No, it is actually sitting for JAMB

Candybright:
Pls While applying for Canada visa, is the first step payment for visa fee or filling out application form first before paying?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 0806436bnj(m): 6:46pm On Apr 19, 2018
I plan traveling to Canada this year for job. I have skills like: electrician and driver. Can I get job in this area.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 6:59pm On Apr 19, 2018
Candybright:
if it's online application, fill the form, upload all required documents. Be ready to pay when u are submitting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: bigboy4(m), Aykisbi(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.