Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,782 members, 7,831,523 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2349202 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (1112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelmonk: 3:07pm On Apr 08, 2018
its not a problem, usually you are given i guess 30 days from when they send you passport request mail to submit your passport and am sure you should be back before then since you are not residence in UK ba?
6288. Acos925(m): Quote Post

Many thanks. I'm not a resident though.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by davouc: 9:45pm On Apr 08, 2018
aceblaizer:
from my experience its going try school be de best(you ain't paying tuition) get admission equals visa then defer and work
Please do you know any school that can offer me adimission to do diploma program, I have third class result, and is it possible for me not to pay tuition fee before arriving there? Cos I don't really have money for school now want to work first
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by davouc: 9:54pm On Apr 08, 2018
maternal:

Yes canada has a shortage of tradesmen like a Welder. You should apply as a skilled worker. If you get accepted go back to school and get your red seal. Red seal means you're qualified to work in canada, USA, or some places in Europe. Nobody acknowledges or respects nigerian qualifications here which makes sense.

how do one get this red seal
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SeriaBravo: 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2018
Please am presently filling the online application form for my family,Please I will like to know if I have to print out each forms(5257,5731 and 5645) ,sign and scan it before upload online.
Also, do I have to fill the custodian declaration form for my 2years old son,since He his not planning to school their.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelpes: 2:10pm On Apr 09, 2018
With regards to online applications,you do not need to print out.Ensure you complete the form accurately,save and validate ones you need to validate before uploading.

On the custodian declaration,please refer back to your questionnaire that generated your uploads,you may have answered a question wrongly because you shouldn't have that for visitor visa.
SeriaBravo:
Please am presently filling the online application form for my family,Please I will like to know if I have to print out each forms(5257,5731 and 5645) ,sign and scan it before upload online.
Also, do I have to fill the custodian declaration form for my 2years old son,since He his not planning to school their.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tp20112: 2:47pm On Apr 09, 2018
i was checking the canada visa reqirement for visit visa and i saw this that if you have United States non-immi grant visa and can provide proof (entry stamps in passport, proof of thevalid visa) no bank statment is required is this really true has anyone that has a us vaild visa applied without showing his or her bank statment.. ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SeriaBravo: 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2018
Travelpes:
With regards to online applications,you do not need to print out.Ensure you complete the form accurately,save and validate ones you need to validate before uploading.

On the custodian declaration,please refer back to your questionnaire that generated your uploads,you may have answered a question wrongly because you shouldn't have that for visitor visa.
Thanks I will check and revert
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadnad: 3:03pm On Apr 09, 2018
tp20112:
i was checking the canada visa reqirement for visit visa and i saw this that if you have United States non-immi grant visa and can provide proof (entry stamps in passport, proof of thevalid visa) no bank statment is required is this really true has anyone that has a us vaild visa applied without showing his or her bank statment.. ?

Yes it is true you do not need bank statement Igboin you have a valid US visa.

It is even pasted on their walls at VFS
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 4:44pm On Apr 09, 2018
tp20112:

@tp20112, @Nadnad, Yes this information is truly stated somewhere on their website and I think its referred to as CAN+. But please, endeavor to include your bank statement with your application considering our country's status and reputation. Let them make the ultimate decision either to or to not consider your submitted bank statement because you qualify for CAN+.

Or why else does "Proof of Means of Financial Support" come up in documents checklists after answering questions that might have suggested that one qualifies for CAN+. Better to err on the side of caution is all I'm saying. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teefab: 5:59pm On Apr 09, 2018
Hello all , pls I was trying to login to our account online to check our application( Hubby & I), but i answered one of the security questions wrongly and the account was locked.Please how do I go about unlocking the account? Note: I've always logged in to check our application status.
I will really appreciate any info pls.Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jaybaby2017: 8:36am On Apr 10, 2018
Good Morning House, Please I applied for Visitors visa to canada online on the 21st of march. I only received confirmation of submitted application and receipt of payment. The next day I was sent a mail in my yahoo that I have a mail on the site. I checked, there was no mail for me but my kids application had a second mail stating that they do not need biometrics. I have being waiting for my biometrics mail to no avail.
Please Guru's, how do I tackle this issue? Should I write them? and if yes...which address? Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mamamiamia: 1:17pm On Apr 10, 2018
Please share your timeline...paper or online
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tallboo: 3:04pm On Apr 10, 2018
Urgent- justwise; ladylco n others...

Pls i recently came to US on a long vacation and i just received a message to submit my passport that it has been approved. As it is i cant meet up the 30days grace. I applied online in lagos nigeria.
Pls wat shld i do?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MrsBee: 3:12pm On Apr 10, 2018
tallboo:

Pls i recently came to US on a long vacation and i just received a message to submit my passport that it has been approved. As it is i cant meet up the 30days grace. I applied online in lagos nigeria.
Pls wat shld i do?

When did you submit your application? Send them an email to explain your circumstance, they would let you know what to do?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tallboo: 4:45pm On Apr 10, 2018
@mrs Bee...i submitted on the 26th of January and i have even lost hope on it as this is my first attempt.
Can you kindly avail me the respective email address to send the mail to.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SeriaBravo: 10:05pm On Apr 10, 2018
Travelpes:

I started all over again answering the question carefully. At the end I still have the Custodianship Declaration (IMM5646) listed as a document I need to fill for my son.Has anyone has same issue?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelpes: 11:10am On Apr 11, 2018
The question of "is your member currently,or will be, living in Canada with a parent or legal guardian for their entire stay?" Did you answer yes or No?
SeriaBravo:

I started all over again answering the question carefully. At the end I still have the Custodianship Declaration (IMM5646) listed as a document I need to fill for my son.Has anyone has same issue?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by glam12: 12:47pm On Apr 11, 2018
Time line
Submission 14/03/18
Collection 11/04/18
Decision: Refusal
Reason : (1) Not satisfied I would leave Canada @ the end of my stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
(2)Not satisfied I would leave Canada @ the end of my stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements.

Purpose of travel : Training/seminar for 2 weeks in montreal
Documents submitted were: Statement of account (salary account) with a bal of about 300k in the statement, payslip,hotel reservation, flight reservation, letter of introduction from my organisation stating that they would incure every financial expense to be incured for the training, letter of invitation and receipt/confirmation of payment from the training institution in montreal.
I have travel experience of dubai on the passport.
I was almost positive it would be granted cos the training fee already paid cost a whooping 5,200 US Dollars
I am married.
I am earn a regular moderate income.

Please house, What could be the reason for my denial?
I await your kind responses.
As i intend to apply again as training is for 28th may. what do you think?

So any idea on why the refusal as I was so sure in would be given.
vibrant99:
Do you notice Processed Visas are released in batches?
Denied or Approved!!!
By 5th of April, A large Batch was released, and everyone started coming with their testimonies and Regrets.
So the point is, Many people complain of Delays, and the fact that their application has stayed like 6 years at the embassy.
Your application has not being forgotten, it is on track and will be attended to, The time frame is 35 Working days not 35 days from Mon-SUN.
When you visa Takes 35 working days before you get a mail, you are 76% sure it is Approved, when it Takes More days, It may be that t requires more confirmations, still you are in the 76% positives, when your visa Takes just 2 weeks of processing, or a Month, it is a 45% chance of getting approved, so expect you application to take a while.
I am not saying this is a perfect signature of Canadian Visa, but if you have this at the back of your mind, you will be on a more relaxed mood, still anything can go wrong or go right for you in any case, and there are some people whose visa is withheld until what they want to do has passed, still doesn't mean you will get a Rejection, am sure 70% still gets approved.

Keep the hope alive.

1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SeriaBravo: 1:00pm On Apr 11, 2018
Travelpes:
The question of "is your member currently,or will be, living in Canada with a parent or legal guardian for their entire stay?" Did you answer yes or No?
I answered NO
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teefab: 1:37pm On Apr 11, 2018
Teefab:
Hello all , pls I was trying to login to our account online to check our application( Hubby & I), but i answered one of the security questions wrongly and the account was locked.Please how do I go about unlocking the account? Note: I've always logged in to check our application status.
I will really appreciate any info pls.Thanks
Please I need an urgent reply.Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SeriaBravo: 1:46pm On Apr 11, 2018
SeriaBravo:
I answered NO. oh I think I got it
"Is your family member currently, or will they be, living in Canada with a parent or legal guardian for their entire stay?"
The word "living" confused me, but I changed it to yes and the custodian form is gone now
thank you!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 1:48pm On Apr 11, 2018
SeriaBravo:
I answered NO

shocked
No ke? That won't work oh....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SeriaBravo: 2:02pm On Apr 11, 2018
OmoBendel24:

shocked
No ke? That won't work oh....
Thanks I answered YES and its fine now

Just to be double sure,my understanding is that only form 5257 will be signed electronically by validating, while (Family Information form) and (use of a family representative form as to be printed,signed and scan).Please am I in order?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MrsBee: 6:12pm On Apr 11, 2018
tallboo:
@mrs Bee...i submitted on the 26th of January and i have even lost hope on it as this is my first attempt.
Can you kindly avail me the respective email address to send the mail to.
Thanks

accraimmigration@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

You can email both, the responsible visa office will reply you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2018
SeriaBravo:
Thanks I answered YES and its fine now

Just to be double sure,my understanding is that only form 5257 will be signed electronically by validating, while (Family Information form) and (use of a family representative form as to be printed,signed and scan).Please am I in order?

Yes, you are in order....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by marygodween(f): 11:06pm On Apr 11, 2018
Hi, my mum's timeline: submitted application online :7th march
Biometrics completed: 12th march
Visa approved: 11th April

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by senors(m): 3:09am On Apr 12, 2018
Hello Great People,
I need assistance on the ffg:
1) should family picture be added to an application to attend a summit even when one isn't going with family?
2) will scanned copy of previous refusal letter necessary or just a declaration? Do one need to state refusal reasons?
3) Will electronic bank statement for both company and personal (not stamped) suffice or should the statement be stamped?
4) If bulk of savings from Salary goes to the company cooperative account, do one need to get a letter from cooperative establishing it?
5) Will any of the following be required? Company CAC, employment letter, promotion letter, transaction emails?
6) What fund should be fine for 5-7days stay there
Thank you as I anticipate your kind response. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 12, 2018
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 1:47pm On Apr 12, 2018
jaybaby2017:
Good Morning House, Please I applied for Visitors visa to canada online on the 21st of march. I only received confirmation of submitted application and receipt of payment. The next day I was sent a mail in my yahoo that I have a mail on the site. I checked, there was no mail for me but my kids application had a second mail stating that they do not need biometrics. I have being waiting for my biometrics mail to no avail.
Please Guru's, how do I tackle this issue? Should I write them? and if yes...which address? Thanks for your prompt response.

try visit vfs and complain maybe you could get your biometric done then as you are supposed to get it within 3 days of submittion
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 1:56pm On Apr 12, 2018
tallboo:

Pls wat shld i do?

you have 30days from the time you got the request to submit your passport. or you can send them an email stating your predicament and enquire if you can submit at the embassy closest to you there in the uss.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelmonk: 7:27pm On Apr 12, 2018
Hello there,

I'm in the same boat, I have received an email yesterday (more than 24hrs ago) from cic that I should sign on to my account to check my updated status.

I did, couldn't find any message, even from vfs text/email for anything. My app was online, submitted 12th March, biometrics 13th March. Please what could be happening? Any experience? Thanks all
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jelmusboy(m): 8:30am On Apr 13, 2018
I just checked the quoted paragraph and I was wondering how it is related to the reason for refusal.

Paragraph 179 of IRPA stated that

179 The judge has all the powers, rights and privileges that are vested in a superior court, including the power

(a) to issue a summons requiring any person to appear at the time and place mentioned in the summons to testify about all matters within that person’s knowledge relative to the inquiry and to produce any document or thing relative to the inquiry that the person has or controls; and

(b) to administer oaths and examine any person on oath.

So, why? These people just want to refuse you and nothing else

glam12:
Time line
Submission 14/03/18
Collection 11/04/18
Decision: Refusal
Reason : (1) Not satisfied I would leave Canada @ the end of my stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
(2)Not satisfied I would leave Canada @ the end of my stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements.

Purpose of travel : Training/seminar for 2 weeks in montreal
Documents submitted were: Statement of account (salary account, i earn about 500k mthly) though i had a bal of about 300k in the statement, payslip,hotel reservation, flight reservation, letter of introduction from my organisation stating that they would incure every financial expense to be incured for the training, letter of invitation and receipt/confirmation of payment from the training institution in montreal.
I have travel experience of dubai on the passport.
I was almost positive it would be granted cos the training fee already paid cost a whooping 5,200 US Dollars
I am married.
I am earn a regular moderate income.

Please house, What could be the reason for my denial?
I await your kind responses.
As i intend to apply again as training is for 28th may. what do you think?

So any idea on why the refusal as I was so sure in would be given.

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (1112) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: uchennay, Honora24 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.