Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2321827 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by senors(m): 9:13am On Apr 13, 2018
Please someone should kindly assist to do justice to this.
senors:
Hello Great People,
I need assistance on the ffg:
1) should family picture be added to an application to attend a summit even when one isn't going with family?
2) will scanned copy of previous refusal letter necessary or just a declaration? Do one need to state refusal reasons?
3) Will electronic bank statement for both company and personal (not stamped) suffice or should the statement be stamped?
4) If bulk of savings from Salary goes to the company cooperative account, do one need to get a letter from cooperative establishing it?
5) Will any of the following be required? Company CAC, employment letter, promotion letter, transaction emails?
6) What fund should be fine for 5-7days stay there
Thank you as I anticipate your kind response. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MrsBee: 11:24am On Apr 13, 2018
Travelmonk:
Hello there,

I'm in the same boat, I have received an email yesterday (more than 24hrs ago) from cic that I should sign on to my account to check my updated status.

I did, couldn't find any message, even from vfs text/email for anything. My app was online, submitted 12th March, biometrics 13th March. Please what could be happening? Any experience? Thanks all

My sister also saw the same account update without an actual update in her account. Her application was online, submitted 10th March, biometrics 12th March (but it reflected in her account on the 13th).

Update

Passport request received today, April 13, 2018.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
I submitted my online application on the 7th of March did bio-metrics on the 12th march. No update on my account since then.

UPDATE

April 13 passport request received
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olami101: 1:16pm On Apr 13, 2018
Hello good members of this house,am new here and I want to process my visit visa myself with any agent to Canada, pls let someone direct me on what and what that I need to do to go about the process ?
Also the form dat i need to download with the bar-code.pls I need help asap ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babson70yahoo: 3:33pm On Apr 13, 2018
Pls kindly help me with visa application form, can't download it
Can someone help me out pls, very urgent
I dont want to pay any agent.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by marygodween(f): 4:49pm On Apr 13, 2018
Hi, please if your passport is requested for and you don't want to go in person, can you use any courier of your choice without paying any fee to the vfs office? Because on the website It was stated that you do not need to pay for passport transmission fees if ure sending the passport to the office you did ur biometrics. Can someone who has done this before tell me clearly how to go about it? Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 4:53pm On Apr 13, 2018
marygodween:
Hi, please if your passport is requested for and you don't want to go in person, can you use any courier of your choice without paying any fee to the vfs office? Because on the website It was stated that you do not need to pay for passport transmission fees if ure sending the passport to the office you did ur biometrics. Can someone who has done this before tell me clearly how to go about it? Thanks.
Yes, UPS or DHL
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by marygodween(f): 6:01pm On Apr 13, 2018
olumig:

Yes, UPS or DHL
thanks for ur respons but, what about the passport transmission fees they stated on their website? Or rather return courier delivery fees?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 7:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
As far as I know all fees is inclusive in the visa fee paid
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by roberto(m): 8:40am On Apr 14, 2018
glam12:
Time line
Submission 14/03/18
Collection 11/04/18
Decision: Refusal
Reason : (1) Not satisfied I would leave Canada @ the end of my stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
(2)Not satisfied I would leave Canada @ the end of my stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements.

Purpose of travel : Training/seminar for 2 weeks in montreal
Documents submitted were: Statement of account (salary account, i earn about 500k mthly) though i had a bal of about 300k in the statement, payslip,hotel reservation, flight reservation, letter of introduction from my organisation stating that they would incure every financial expense to be incured for the training, letter of invitation and receipt/confirmation of payment from the training institution in montreal.
I have travel experience of dubai on the passport.
I was almost positive it would be granted cos the training fee already paid cost a whooping 5,200 US Dollars
I am married.
I am earn a regular moderate income.

Please house, What could be the reason for my denial?
I await your kind responses.
As i intend to apply again as training is for 28th may. what do you think?

So any idea on why the refusal as I was so sure in would be given.

@glams, lets connect. i am in same shoes. my rejected with same reasons. can any forum member help out on best way to respond because i want to reapply immediately too. Please i await your response

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DebsMed: 2:53pm On Apr 14, 2018
roberto:

@glams, lets connect. i am in same shoes. my rejected with same reasons. can any forum member help out on best way to respond because i want to reapply immediately too. Please i await your response

The normal advice will be that you guys should take no further step till you obtain the GCMS note of your case. But then, it seems there's time limitation already as it were.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelmonk: 6:44pm On Apr 14, 2018
Hi guys, I still can't find any message on my account,:

ONLINE APPLICATION
Submitted: March 12 (Received confirm.)
Biometrics:: March 13 (Done)
Updated Message from CIC: April 12 (Nothing found in my account as at today 33 days process time given)

Gurus, please respond
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 7:28pm On Apr 14, 2018
Can you share a screenshot of your status page. You should the embassy decision on the page
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lankywizar(m): 7:42pm On Apr 14, 2018
Hello All,
Can someone shed more light on Can + visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by careerwoman(f): 8:10pm On Apr 14, 2018
smiley
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by careerwoman(f): 8:11pm On Apr 14, 2018
glam12:
Time line
Submission 14/03/18
Collection 11/04/18
Decision: Refusal
Reason : (1) Not satisfied I would leave Canada @ the end of my stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
(2)Not satisfied I would leave Canada @ the end of my stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements.

Purpose of travel : Training/seminar for 2 weeks in montreal
Documents submitted were: Statement of account (salary account, i earn about 500k mthly) though i had a bal of about 300k in the statement, payslip,hotel reservation, flight reservation, letter of introduction from my organisation stating that they would incure every financial expense to be incured for the training, letter of invitation and receipt/confirmation of payment from the training institution in montreal.
I have travel experience of dubai on the passport.
I was almost positive it would be granted cos the training fee already paid cost a whooping 5,200 US Dollars
I am married.
I am earn a regular moderate income.

Please house, What could be the reason for my denial?
I await your kind responses.
As i intend to apply again as training is for 28th may. what do you think?

So any idea on why the refusal as I was so sure in would be given.
I've been in your shoes... I think you should apply again.. Same documents with a well detailed SOP/LOE addressing all the VO's concerns. In addition, ask your organization and the seminar's logistics team to send an email to the embassy on your behalf as well. If visa isn't out within two weeks to the seminar, start sending them mails once every 3-5days to remind them of your application and how important the seminar is to you..
With God on your side, the visa will be approved (from my experience)
Congratulations in advance and all the best with developing yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Are84(m): 8:40am On Apr 15, 2018
Good day to guru in this house.

Is it possible for a civil servant earning 50k without any travel experience secure a tourist visa?

Looking forward to your reply
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 9:22am On Apr 15, 2018
Are84:

Is it possible for a civil servant earning 50k without any travel experience secure a tourist visa?

You need a miracle to get that done.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 12:23pm On Apr 15, 2018
Are84:

why not, but first, you need to build a travel profile. Start with African countries and especially visa free countries.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 1:06pm On Apr 15, 2018
olumig:
why not, but first, you need to build a travel profile. Start with African countries and especially visa free countries.

That doesn't count in the real sense of travel history because no requirement is needed.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 1:52pm On Apr 15, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

That doesn't count in the real sense of travel history because no requirement is needed.
Really, when I applied for US visa the only travel history I had was Ghana, Togo and Benin.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 1:57pm On Apr 15, 2018
olumig:
Really, when I applied for US visa the only travel history I had was Ghana, Togo and Benin.

Anybody can walk into any of those countries without being asked about salary or work. Your ability to return back to Nigeria is not tested by any means.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2018
justwise:

Anybody can walk into any of those countries without being asked about salary or work. Your ability to return back to Nigeria is not tested by any means.
this is my testimony, those were the countries I went to and applied for US visa, and was granted. Have never been anywhere, the sorry state of visa denials is due to illegality of our people absconding.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 2:09pm On Apr 15, 2018
olumig:
this is my testimony, those were the countries I went to and applied for US visa, and was granted. Have never been anywhere, the sorry state of visa denials is due to illegality of our people absconding.

..and you were earning N50,000 a month?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 2:30pm On Apr 15, 2018
justwise:

my pay is just a bit higher than his bro.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2018
justwise:

i have a friend who worked for lawma when she got her UK to attend a conference she was earning about N40somethingK, i was earning over N200k warking in a fin institution yet i was refused. She got the visa and had renewed and visited severally. As at last count when she renewed her 5yr UK visa recently her income wasnt even up to #65K.

Ability to sustain yourself on the trip and not recourse to public funds while on the trip vis a vis your ties back home; to mention but is fee is what the VO is looking out for

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 2:35pm On Apr 15, 2018
ladylco:

i have a friend who worked for lawma when she got her UK to attend a conference she was earning about N40somethingK, i was earning over N200k warking in a fin institution yet i was refused. She got the visa and had renewed and visited severally. As at last count when she renewed her 5yr UK visa recently her income wasnt even up to #65K.

Ability to sustain yourself on the trip and not recourse to public funds while on the trip vis a vis your ties back home; to mention but is fee is what the VO is looking out for
bless you

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by frankkudos: 3:41pm On Apr 15, 2018
jelmusboy:
I just checked the quoted paragraph and I was wondering how it is related to the reason for refusal.

Paragraph 179 of IRPA stated that

179 The judge has all the powers, rights and privileges that are vested in a superior court, including the power

(a) to issue a summons requiring any person to appear at the time and place mentioned in the summons to testify about all matters within that person’s knowledge relative to the inquiry and to produce any document or thing relative to the inquiry that the person has or controls; and

(b) to administer oaths and examine any person on oath.

So, why? These people just want to refuse you and nothing else

From your submissions above, you failed to include the company account on which you will be sponsored . This might also be the reason because, they will have to sight your company statement of account to ascertain if they are capable of taking care of your expenses .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Priceless200(f): 3:41pm On Apr 15, 2018
ladylco:

So true. Fact!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Priceless200(f): 3:42pm On Apr 15, 2018
Are84:

Why not. Provided you have every other reasonable ties back home. You're good to go.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by frankkudos: 3:43pm On Apr 15, 2018
Usually, it takes close to 3 months in some cases . Never loose hope my dear . God will see you through
Travelmonk:
Hi guys, I still can't find any message on my account,:

ONLINE APPLICATION
Submitted: March 12 (Received confirm.)
Biometrics:: March 13 (Done)
Updated Message from CIC: April 12 (Nothing found in my account as at today 33 days process time given)

Gurus, please respond
Thanks

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Codedmd: 3:44pm On Apr 15, 2018
Someone should please help give response to this post nah, it's 2weeks now n nobody has say anything in respect to my post.

Hello everyone n all D gurus on dis thread. I'm planning on visiting Canada during my leave period dat comes towards November but I av some questions I need u guys to clear 4 me.

1) I am sure I can visit Canada as tourist using hotel booking without invitation letter.

2) I am working in an organization b4 for like 3yrs but got govt employment last year, my question here is dat, does my application has anything to do wit my work place or only my new place of work

3) I read something here dat if someone has money dat enters ones salary account, d person must explain d source of d income, on dis issue I av anoda business dat I do wch d money enters d same account with my salary but d problem is dat dis business ain't mine directly. My uncle is into buying scrap caterpillars cutting it n later take it to company dat buys crap irons so whenever he has a huge business like dat he do call me to invest on it too and it has been successful 4 years now, so iffa want to explain dis income, how do I go abt d explanation?

4) I av been denied US visit visa twice b4, wen I read through dis thread I understand dat I need to include details of refused visas but I av lost d paper giving to me from my US first attempt, I only av d 2nd attempt, can I add d only one I av?

Thanks in advance as all answers, advice n contributions is welcomed.
[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Vannie12(f), trollx, imarrpopson and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.