Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2316562 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (1097) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brendacole: 1:30pm On Aug 02, 2018
I’m a silent reader like many other people. I’ll however like to share my story. It might just help someone like it helped me.
I was denied student visa to Canada in 2016.
I however recently applied for a honeymoon vacation with my husband.
Submitted application: June 10
It was acknowledged: June 11
Biometrics request: June 12
Did Biometrics: June 14
Waiting then began..lol
Passport request: July 31st.
That’s about 50 days processing time.
*Documents submitted*
husband’s company’s statement of account (7m+)
Land document
Letter from my boss introducing me and my honeymoon intentions
Letter from husband’s company introducing him and his honeymoon intentions
And every other document required by CIC
We didn’t write SOP.
We both have good enough travel history to Ghana, USA etc
Most importantly, God gave us the wisdom to apply ourselves instead of using agent and God did it. Filling the form and gathering the documents took us about a week because we didn’t want to make mistakes.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2018
brendacole:
I’m a silent reader like many other people. I’ll however like to share my story. It might just help someone like it helped me.
I was denied student visa to Canada in 2016.
I however recently applied for a honeymoon vacation with my husband.
Submitted application: June 10
It was acknowledged: June 11
Biometrics request: June 12
Did Biometrics: June 14
Waiting then began..lol
Passport request: July 31st.
That’s about 50 days processing time.
*Documents submitted*
husband’s company’s statement of account (7m+)
Land document
Letter from my boss introducing me and my honeymoon intentions
Letter from husband’s company introducing him and his honeymoon intentions
And every other document required by CIC
We didn’t write SOP.
We both have good enough travel history to Ghana, USA etc
Most importantly, God gave us the wisdom to apply ourselves instead of using agent and God did it. Filling the form and gathering the documents took us about a week because we didn’t want to make mistakes.
Congratulations!I will like to know if you applied online or paper route! Thanks

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sirtenburg(m): 2:37pm On Aug 02, 2018
hello house, I am new here on this thread, please I want to know the current visiting visa fee at vfs. I was d denied visa last year on low funds. I want to reapply cuz my uncle is ready to send all necessary docs
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 2:40pm On Aug 02, 2018
Congratulations!please can u indicate the visa office that issued it thanks!
giga02:
I'm a silent reader here but I gone thru of the thread before applying and Boom!
Applied 27th June via paper route in Abuja
Ready of pickup : 27th July
courier delivery today in lagos and I secured the visa

Going for a conference on the 15th of August
documents summited
Conference Invite in toronto
Pay slip
Appointment letter
My account and parents account statement
Company's Id card
Hotel and flight Reservations
I guess that all...

My Month of August is already fulfilled, I pray awaiting applicants gets theirs also IJN.
Abeg which flight cheap pass cos all am seeing is on a very high side.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 2:48pm On Aug 02, 2018
Visa fee is 100cad$ biometrics 85cad$ it should be d range of #43k-#44k depending on the current exchange rate! If you applying through paper route no stress you pay @vfs! Good luck this time!
Sirtenburg:
hello house, I am new here on this thread, please I want to know the current visiting visa fee at vfs. I was d denied visa last year on low funds. I want to reapply cuz my uncle is ready to send all necessary docs
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sirtenburg(m): 3:24pm On Aug 02, 2018
Kelvinarsenal:
Visa fee is 100cad$ biometrics 85cad$ it should be d range of #43k-#44k depending on the current exchange rate! If you applying through paper route no stress you pay @vfs! Good luck this time!

Thanks sir, am applying via paper route..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sirtenburg(m): 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2018
hello house, I was denied last year and requested for my gcms note. The two reasons for my denial is low funds and travel history cuz my opening balance was 1k and funded it to 600k. now I have about 3m. I hope I get a chance of overcoming this second application and if travel history won't come up again? please I need a clear explanation on this
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2018
Sirtenburg:
53k if applying online and paying using GTB card
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 3:52pm On Aug 02, 2018
Kelvinarsenal:
Is Biometrics needed again after previous refusal that is not up to 6 months ago?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sirtenburg(m): 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2018
Candybright:
53k if applying online and paying using GTB card
what about vfs?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 4:10pm On Aug 02, 2018
Sirtenburg:

what about vfs?

about 44k
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sirtenburg(m): 4:28pm On Aug 02, 2018
Candybright:
about 44k
thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by etjigger(m): 4:39pm On Aug 02, 2018
I got registered into elementary school by Grandma with a DOB she seems not sure of, because of lack of education. After almost two decades she met soo confirmed my DOB and this was different from the first one. Changed to the new DOB recently confirmed. Applied for Australia and UK visa (TEN YEARS AGO), got refused and eventually was granted visa. Few years later, got reconciled with my father and was told my DOB was the first one ever used. Abandon the DOB with two visa and applied for a new passport with which i have secured US visa.
Do i disclose change in DOB and previous UK and Australia refusal to the VO of the canadian embassy?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2018
Yes biometrics is needed!The new law from Cic now is that anyone that do biometrics on or after 31st of July 2018 won't be doing it again if reapplying it will be valid for 10years this is not applicable to you cos yours is before july31!
Candybright:

Is Biometrics needed again after previous refusal that is not up to 6 months ago?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adeza: 6:06pm On Aug 02, 2018
Hello, I have been a silent reader , thanks for all the information shared here.
I applied for Visa for my Mum through online application, I’m a PR in Canada and My mum has no travel history and a retiree
Application sent:19th July 2018
Biometrics request:20th July
Biometrics done:24th July
Passport request:2nd August 2018.

Seems August 2nd is my lucky date because I got my PR application approved August 2nd 2017

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2018
adeza:
Hello, I have been a silent reader , thanks for all the information shared here.
I applied for Visa for my Mum through online application, I’m a PR in Canada and My mum has no travel history and a retiree

Seems August 2nd is my lucky date because I got my PR application approved August 2nd 2017

Wow, congrats to your mum!

You mean 19th July? Like July? Not June? Superfast that is.... Great!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sirtenburg(m): 8:20pm On Aug 02, 2018
Sirtenburg:
hello house, I was denied last year and requested for my gcms note. The two reasons for my denial is low funds and travel history cuz my opening balance was 1k and funded it to 600k. now I have about 3m. I hope I get a chance of overcoming this second application and if travel history won't come up again? please I need a clear explanation on this

please I need an answer
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 8:52pm On Aug 02, 2018
Congratulations!Are u telling us your application got approved within 2 weeks! Wow super fast!
adeza:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adeza: 11:53pm On Aug 02, 2018
Kelvinarsenal:
Congratulations!Are u telling us your application got approved within 2 weeks! Wow super fast!

Yes just 2weeks, thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Morbolar: 8:08am On Aug 03, 2018
adeza:

Yes just 2weeks, thanks

Congrats Adeza...pls if i applied using paper route and tracking online says my processed passport is ready for collection..can i go to VFS even if they havent sent me an SMS
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brendacole: 3:18pm On Aug 03, 2018
[quote author=Kelvinarsenal post=69922493][/quote]
Thanks. I applied through the online route
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Christine77: 6:35pm On Aug 03, 2018
Please can you let us know what you submitted on her behalf?

adeza:

Yes just 2weeks, thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by giga02(m): 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2018
Kelvinarsenal:
Congratulations!please can u indicate the visa office that issued it thanks!
I stated that on my post! Abuja VFS center
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adeza: 4:08am On Aug 04, 2018
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adeza: 4:09am On Aug 04, 2018
Christine77:
Please can you let us know what you submitted on her behalf?

Bank statement
Retirement letter
Pension ID
Pension bank account statement
Land document
Marriage certificate
Letter of invitation

Myself:
PR card
Birth certificate to proof relationship with her
Bank statement

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adeza: 4:12am On Aug 04, 2018
Morbolar:

Congrats Adeza...pls if i applied using paper route and tracking online says my processed passport is ready for collection..can i go to VFS even if they havent sent me an SMS

Thank you, I applied online so don’t have information about the paper route but I guess you can go
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sirtenburg(m): 2:09pm On Aug 04, 2018
Good day house,please I want to know what document to submit for a tourist visa on behalf of my sister and her 3kids, they are willing to spend Christmas and New Year (2weeks), then return back to Nigeria. I have an uncle there who will send me an invite (I was denied last year and the reasons are travel history and low funds) but my sister is not ready to use an invite..please kindly tell me what documents to gather
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by essojay2015: 3:01pm On Aug 04, 2018
Online Submission 22 May
Biometric 25 May
PPR 3 August
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 4:47pm On Aug 04, 2018
Congratulations
essojay2015:
Online Submission 22 May
Biometric 25 May
PPR 3 August
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 4:51pm On Aug 04, 2018
It seems May applicants have started getting response we are many on here from may 4 downward..it shall end in praise like yours IJN!
essojay2015:
Online Submission 22 May
Biometric 25 May
PPR 3 August
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sirtenburg(m): 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2018
hello house, happy Sunday to you all.. I want to know if it's a must I print my statement of account from the beginning of a month or any date that have a good opening balance? please I need an answer

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (1097) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.