Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,040 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2316187 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (1097) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tolani4real: 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2018
etjigger:
I got registered into elementary school by Grandma with a DOB she seems not sure of, because of lack of education. After almost two decades she met soo confirmed my DOB and this was different from the first one. Changed to the new DOB recently confirmed. Applied for Australia and UK visa (TEN YEARS AGO), got refused and eventually was granted visa. Few years later, got reconciled with my father and was told my DOB was the first one ever used. Abandon the DOB with two visa and applied for a new passport with which i have secured US visa.
Do i disclose change in DOB and previous UK and Australia refusal to the VO of the canadian embassy?

You can but that is very risky because they believe most Nigerians give false information when it comes to age.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jolowizzy11(m): 7:09am On Aug 06, 2018
hello guys... I'm 24years old with no bsc ,I have a diploma in software engineering tho ,can I go for a professional course in canada ? what are my chances of been issued a visa ? when should I start the application ? what are the requirements ?.....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fabyom: 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2018
JahProv1214:
It's not an offence. They will not ask you for the Original only photocopy of Landed Property is required.

hi bro, please I am unable to download or fill the form. It is not opening on my laptop.
please help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sogima(f): 6:33pm On Aug 06, 2018
Hello,

Please I have a friend that wish to apply for Canada visiting visa but he has not travelled anywhere before.

He intend using hotel reservations for his application..

He works in a reputable organization in Nigeria and owns landed properties.

Do u think he is eligible to apply as he does not have travel history.

Please your Sincere response would be appreciated
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 1mlo: 8:11am On Aug 07, 2018
Congratulations ma''am i sent you an email request,kindly reply if you can. i got some questions to ask about the canada tourist visa processing.

Thanks

brendacole:
I’m a silent reader like many other people. I’ll however like to share my story. It might just help someone like it helped me.
I was denied student visa to Canada in 2016.
I however recently applied for a honeymoon vacation with my husband.
Submitted application: June 10
It was acknowledged: June 11
Biometrics request: June 12
Did Biometrics: June 14
Waiting then began..lol
Passport request: July 31st.
That’s about 50 days processing time.
*Documents submitted*
husband’s company’s statement of account (7m+)
Land document
Letter from my boss introducing me and my honeymoon intentions
Letter from husband’s company introducing him and his honeymoon intentions
And every other document required by CIC
We didn’t write SOP.
We both have good enough travel history to Ghana, USA etc
Most importantly, God gave us the wisdom to apply ourselves instead of using agent and God did it. Filling the form and gathering the documents took us about a week because we didn’t want to make mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brendacole: 10:45am On Aug 07, 2018
1mlo:
Congratulations ma''am i sent you an email request,kindly reply if you can. i got some questions to ask about the canada tourist visa processing.

Thanks

Thanks. I just responded to your email
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by euromoney(f): 11:39am On Aug 07, 2018
Sirtenburg:
hello house, I was denied last year and requested for my gcms note. The two reasons for my denial is low funds and travel history cuz my opening balance was 1k and funded it to 600k. now I have about 3m. I hope I get a chance of overcoming this second application and if travel history won't come up again? please I need a clear explanation on this

Like I always tell people,there's no legal requirement for you to have a history of international travel to be issued a visa,so if the visa officer saw a problem with your lack of travel history, this probably means that the rest of the application was weak. If there's anything you can do to significantly improve some other section of the application like your ties to home country such as family,proof of finances, etc .it can help you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by euromoney(f): 11:51am On Aug 07, 2018
sogima:
Hello,

Please I have a friend that wish to apply for Canada visiting visa but he has not travelled anywhere before.

He intend using hotel reservations for his application..

He works in a reputable organization in Nigeria and owns landed properties.

Do u think he is eligible to apply as he does not have travel history.

Please your Sincere response would be appreciated

Yes he can go with the hotel reservation,and let him not forget its not just about a hotel reservation.its about convincing them that he's a genuine temporary visitor, that he intend to leave when his visit is over and that he will not work or do anything else illegal. The more evidence that he can provide about his intentions the better chance of him getting the visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sirtenburg(m): 12:58pm On Aug 07, 2018
euromoney:

Like I always tell people,there's no legal requirement for you to have a history of international travel to be issued a visa,so if the visa officer saw a problem with your lack of travel history, this probably means that the rest of the application was weak. If there's anything you can do to significantly improve some other section of the application like your ties to home country such as family,proof of finances, etc .it can help you.

Thanks am working on the finance part cuz my opening balance was 1k and closing is 600k within 3months which shows I run it for travel purpose.. I received invite letter, passport data page, utility bills and notice of tax assessment from my uncle.. am also gainfully employed. just the travel history and low funds was indicated in my previous application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by issnanas: 1:28pm On Aug 07, 2018
euromoney:

how do i complain pls
i got a refusal and the reason is ridiculous or rather unjust
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sirtenburg(m): 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2018
issnanas:

how do i complain pls i got a refusal and the reason is ridiculous or rather unjust
what's the reason sir?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by issnanas: 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2018
Sirtenburg:

what's the reason sir?

i got bounced on basis of travel history and Family ties
i provided enough Legit supporting documents to explain and clear the latter
so i am still in awe how the V.O came to such frivolous conclusions
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oshey9999: 3:42pm On Aug 07, 2018
Approval Alert!!!

Application submitted on June 7th

Biometrics completed on June 14th

Passport Request August 7th (exactly 2 months as of today).

Documents Submitted:

1. All cic required forms

2. Hotel and flight reservations

3. Letter of explanation detailing the need to accompany my little sister who will be starting school in Canada this September. I plan to help her in the transition process for about 11 days.

4. Six month SOA: N800k with inflow of N46m and outflow of N45m

5. CAC documents (cars and spare parts dealer)

6. Back up sponsorship letter from a sibling in the USA stating he will be contributing to the trip expenses.

I think that's all..

Good luck to all trv hopeful in the house.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by issnanas: 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2018
issnanas:

i was thinking of re firing later this week with the same documents since i think the previous Kenyan V.O's Judgement was harsh
but i already flushed the refusal letter cool
pls advise me gurus
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tranquil38: 7:29pm On Aug 07, 2018
I was just sent an email to come collect my passport after a month of application, please does that mean my visa has been denied? .... I was never called for medicals before now... Please I need a prompt answer
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 8:22pm On Aug 07, 2018
It looks like a refusal to be sincere! Do you apply online or paper route?
Tranquil38:
I was just sent an email to come collect my passport after a month of application, please does that mean my visa has been denied? .... I was never called for medicals before now... Please I need a prompt answer
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 8:24pm On Aug 07, 2018
Try to collect it first but from what you said is refusal as I see it!
Kelvinarsenal:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tranquil38: 8:29pm On Aug 07, 2018
Kelvinarsenal:

Okay, thanks... paper route.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sirtenburg(m): 10:15pm On Aug 07, 2018
Tranquil38:

if it's visit you don't need medicals
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by giga02(m): 11:52pm On Aug 07, 2018
Person collect Visa now to fly der na die! Ticket price wan collapse una bein....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by juddytee: 4:30pm On Aug 08, 2018
All thanks to God. Its approval alert!

Applied on 29 June paper route
Biometric same day
Passport ready for collection 16 July.

I came down to Lagos to submit my application for myself and two kids but I was asked to come back on the 18 July based on appointment but I pleaded with them at vfs that I already booked my flight back to my base they now accepted it. So I ran out of cash after the visa fee. And I could not pay for the courier to send it to me. I came in today to Lagos to pick up the passport and it was approved.

Document submitted

Statement of account
Pension statement
Letter of introduction from children school
Marriage certificate
Letter from my hubby
Hubby statement of account
TB certificate
Leave approval from office
Landed document
Invitation letter
All CIC forms

And all the information I got here God bless

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tranquil38: 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2018
Sirtenburg:

if it's visit you don't need medicals

It's student visa, was a denial reasons being that no ties to home country... I want to reapply but please how do I handle this issue of no tie to Nigeria?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shinner2010(m): 7:07pm On Aug 08, 2018
juddytee:
All thanks to God. Its approval alert!

Applied on 29 June paper route
Biometric same day
Passport ready for collection 16 July.

I came down to Lagos to submit my application for myself and two kids but I was asked to come back on the 18 July based on appointment but I pleaded with them at vfs that I already booked my flight back to my base they now accepted it. So I ran out of cash after the visa fee. And I could not pay for the courier to send it to me. I came in today to Lagos to pick up the passport and it was approved.

Document submitted

Statement of account
Pension statement
Letter of introduction from children school
Marriage certificate
Letter from my hubby
Hubby statement of account
TB certificate
Leave approval from office
Landed document
Invitation letter
All CIC forms

And all the information I got here God bless

how much do you pay for the Visa fee and biometric at the office in Lagos. is there any other charges you pay there. pls let me know.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sirtenburg(m): 2:11pm On Aug 09, 2018
issnanas:

try to request for gcms note. I requested for mine and the v.o indicated low funds, travel history
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by euromoney(f): 9:08am On Aug 10, 2018
Tranquil38:

It's student visa, was a denial reasons being that no ties to home country... I want to reapply but please how do I handle this issue of no tie to Nigeria?
Here are some general categories that should help you. ownership of real property (real estate) or highly valuable tangible property, Ownership of a business or investment.
Your Relationship (e.g. family, spouse, children.
Strong ties can also be shown as permanent jobs which you won’t be resigning or taking over family business etc.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kuffour1267: 11:05am On Aug 10, 2018
Please this is student thread https://www.nairaland.com/4390108/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/356

Follow the link and start from there

Tranquil38:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 1miccza: 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2018
greeners222:
Nairalanders I noticed on this travel section we don't have any forum for people that intend to travel to Canada just for visiting or tourism we only got Canada student visa forum and when people try to ask for help on there people don't render any help. I'm not a Visa guru myself. I created this so people can drop there problem and some Nairalanders that knows better can answer them back. Thanks

Please OP for someone going for three events in Canada that amounts to say about 6 to 7 days , would there be any kind of visa interview and what's the duration of the visa that can be granted??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 1miccza: 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2018
euromoney:

Here are some general categories that should help you. ownership of real property (real estate) or highly valuable tangible property, Ownership of a business or investment.
Your Relationship (e.g. family, spouse, children.
Strong ties can also be shown as permanent jobs which you won’t be resigning or taking over family business etc.

Please for someone going for three events in Canada that amounts to say about 6 to 7 days , would there be any kind of visa interview and what's the duration of the visa that can be granted??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by euromoney(f): 4:17pm On Aug 10, 2018
1miccza:

Please for someone going for three events in Canada that amounts to say about 6 to 7 days , would there be any kind of visa interview and what's the duration of the visa that can be granted??
normally no interview is required. However, in certain circumstances they may call you for an interview. Your TRV is issued until the expiry of your passport,but how long you are actually allowed to remain in Canada will be decided by the CBSA officer at the port of entry.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manneger2: 8:27pm On Aug 10, 2018
euromoney:

normally no interview is required. However, in certain circumstances they may call you for an interview. Your TRV is issued until the expiry of your passport,but how long you are actually allowed to remain in Canada will be decided by the CBSA officer at the port of entry.
Pls do you know about Canada temporary work permit

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (1097) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: pixey(m), lakeside3020(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.