Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,680 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2312195 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (1095) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ayluvparis: 2:07pm On Dec 03, 2015
Top9jajamz:
Hello House,
Please i have some questions that i need clear guidance on.

Here's the background case.I am trying to apply for Visitor visit visa for my wife.My cousin who is a PR in canada is inviting my wife over for birth tourism purpose.I will not be following her to Canada. She's 4 months pregnant and would love to deliver in Canada.She recently stopped working as she completed her NYSC as a medical officer in October 2015.

Here are the grey arears i need to clear.

1.Filling the TRV forms

a)Relationship of applicant to the invitee:can she write Husband's cousin?
b)Duration of stay:Can i just indicate two weeks (mid feb 2016-end 0f feb 2016) with return tickets procured at the POE but stay for 2 to 3 months until after the delivery still within the validity of the Visa.Reason she's planning to indicate two weeks on the form is because of available cash (approx 4000CAD) even though accommodation and feeding will be taken care of by My cousin.
c)Her account is recently depleted as well as mine because we recently got married(October 31st 2015) but i am getting some monies from people I loaned money to as well as my wife's brother planning to give her some money....How do I go about presenting this sudden funds to avoid flagging the Money lodgement signal.Both accounts have been active for the past six months with about 100K coming into wife's account monthly and about 200K into mine monthly but most have been spent on the wedding and i'm trying to raise about 1mil before applying this december i.e about 500K into my account and 500K into her account prior to application...is this advisable or i should just apply stating the the TRV form that 4000CAD is available for the trip even if the bank statement does not reflect upto half this amount as at the time of application but the statement indicate money coming in and going out?

d) can I use my wife's sister in law(My wife's brother's wife) as sponsor who is a business woman with good bank account statement in addition to the husband's SOA as well as the applicant's too ?

e) if yes to d,can I add her to the family information form even though she is not a direct brother or sister to the applicant but a sister inlaw?

Experts Kindly weight in on this.

Thank you for your time in advance.

Firstly before I respond to other questions u asked, what do u mean by birth tourism.pls elucidate den we take it on from dere.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Top9jajamz: 2:17pm On Dec 03, 2015
giving birth in Canada on visit visa
Ayluvparis:

Firstly before I respond to other questions u asked, what do u mean by birth tourism.pls elucidate den we take it on from dere.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ayluvparis: 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
Top9jajamz:
Hello House,
Please i have some questions that i need clear guidance on.

Here's the background case.I am trying to apply for Visitor visit visa for my wife.My cousin who is a PR in canada is inviting my wife over for birth tourism purpose.I will not be following her to Canada. She's 4 months pregnant and would love to deliver in Canada.She recently stopped working as she completed her NYSC as a medical officer in October 2015.

Here are the grey arears i need to clear.

1.Filling the TRV forms

a)Relationship of applicant to the invitee:can she write Husband's cousin?
b)Duration of stay:Can i just indicate two weeks (mid feb 2016-end 0f feb 2016) with return tickets procured at the POE but stay for 2 to 3 months until after the delivery still within the validity of the Visa.Reason she's planning to indicate two weeks on the form is because of available cash (approx 4000CAD) even though accommodation and feeding will be taken care of by My cousin.
c)Her account is recently depleted as well as mine because we recently got married(October 31st 2015) but i am getting some monies from people I loaned money to as well as my wife's brother planning to give her some money....How do I go about presenting this sudden funds to avoid flagging the Money lodgement signal.Both accounts have been active for the past six months with about 100K coming into wife's account monthly and about 200K into mine monthly but most have been spent on the wedding and i'm trying to raise about 1mil before applying this december i.e about 500K into my account and 500K into her account prior to application...is this advisable or i should just apply stating the the TRV form that 4000CAD is available for the trip even if the bank statement does not reflect upto half this amount as at the time of application but the statement indicate money coming in and going out?

d) can I use my wife's sister in law(My wife's brother's wife) as sponsor who is a business woman with good bank account statement in addition to the husband's SOA as well as the applicant's too ?

e) if yes to d,can I add her to the family information form even though she is not a direct brother or sister to the applicant but a sister inlaw?

Experts Kindly weight in on this.

Thank you for your time in advance.

Let me answer ur question one after tje other.

1. Yes husband's cousin is fine(if u can get a doc to back dat up kewl) but u need not worry about dat if u dont av any.all d times I av been to canada I got an invite from ma friends so husband's cousin shouldn be an ish.

2.indicating 2 weeks is fine .when u are being issued a visa, u can stay in d country for up to 6 months unless the officer at the POE stamps a different time frame on ur passport.

3. Instead of depositing 500k in her acc and urs I had advice u to deposit in 1 acc peferably hers since shes working and dont make it a lump sum deposit.it will make more sense if d deposit is simplified.

4.i beg of u do not use any sponsor for such.its a big minus for u to be considered.it demerits u in a lot of ways so stay clear of dat option.

If u av any oda quest do not hesitate to throw it open.cheers

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ayluvparis: 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2015
Top9jajamz:
giving birth in Canada on visit visa

Well I dont know much about dat now, but about 4 years ago I intended to go on dat path as well but my wife was denied a visa cos she was subject to a medical and dey found out she was 5 months preg.dey denied both of us.2 days later I submitted a fresh application for maself alone and I was issued d visa after 5 days.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Top9jajamz: 2:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
She just finished Nysc so she no longer works but I do.

referencing your response number 4, can she indicate the husband as sponsor with accompanying payslips and bank soa even though the husband is not applying.

Ayluvparis:

Let me answer ur question one after tje other.

1. Yes husband's cousin is fine(if u can get a doc to back dat up kewl) but u need not worry about dat if u dont av any.all d times I av been to canada I got an invite from ma friends so husband's cousin shouldn be an ish.

2.indicating 2 weeks is fine .when u are being issued a visa, u can stay in d country for up to 6 months unless the officer at the POE stamps a different time frame on ur passport.

3. Instead of depositing 500k in her acc and urs I had advice u to deposit in 1 acc peferably hers since shes working and dont make it a lump sum deposit.it will make more sense if d deposit is simplified.

4.i beg of u do not use any sponsor for such.its a big minus for u to be considered.it demerits u in a lot of ways so stay clear of dat option.

If u av any oda quest do not hesitate to throw it open.cheers
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ayluvparis: 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2015
Top9jajamz:
She just finished Nysc so she no longer works but I do.

referencing your response number 4, can she indicate the husband as sponsor with accompanying payslips and bank soa even though the husband is not applying.

sure u as d husband can be her sponsor.tho her case does not look too strong in terms of ties to her home country excluding u but who knows give it a shot u might be favoured.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ibegirl007: 12:39am On Dec 05, 2015
This thread is becoming boring.... Were are you guys... Please put me in prayer for my visa to be approved. I really need this... angry angry
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sisiyen: 8:07am On Dec 05, 2015
Application Submitted on the 16th October. Visa Issued on the 1st of Dec. 2years Visa. No contact in canada just hotel reservation. Tho i have several travels experience.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ibegirl007: 8:33am On Dec 05, 2015
Congratulations.... What documents did you submit

Sisiyen:
Application Submitted on the 16th October. Visa Issued on the 1st of Dec. 2years Visa. No contact in canada just hotel reservation. Tho i have several travels experience.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by greeners222(m): 9:36am On Dec 05, 2015
@ sisiyen: have you been to US before?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sisiyen: 11:13am On Dec 05, 2015
greeners222:
@ sisiyen: have you been to US before?

Yes. Three times this year.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ayluvparis: 11:14am On Dec 05, 2015
Sisiyen:

Congrats sisiyen! Do av a splendid trip.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sisiyen: 12:12pm On Dec 05, 2015
Ayluvparis:

Congrats sisiyen! Do av a splendid trip.

Thanks...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hopefulme: 4:30pm On Dec 05, 2015
hopefulme:
Glory be to God,my application has been approved

Submitted app 12 Oct (Biometric same day)
Passport Collected 2 Dec

Thank you all for the contributions on this thread. It was helpful.
Will post the complete list of documents I submitted.

Before submission,read through this thread and the student section, got information from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-who.asp ,also read @kokoma, @chicalove post on this thread and also help of a good family friend kiss kiss kiss. Submitted and hoped on God's favor.

Documents submitted:
Completed application forms (duly signed),copy of Office IDs, Original bank statement bank statements 3mons,Letter of invitation form a friend(inline with CIC requirements on its website), Letter of introduction from place of work, Appointment letter, Letter explaining purpose for visit (like statement of purpose of visit),explaining in summary our jobs, earnings, degree earned (photocopy of degree stated in the form filled was submitted),reason why we need the visa, detailed itinerary and the cost implication of the trip to us, marriage certificate, birth certificate of child,child school ID and evidence of payment for the school fees for the year, Family pictures (photocopy).Visa category: Multiple till 2017

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sleek5(f): 2:09pm On Dec 06, 2015
Please pple..help me look at this...i live in canada and had a baby last September. I want to apply for a visitors visa for my mon to come help me watch my baby. My baby is canadian but am nt canadian, im legally living in canada though. What and what should i include in the application for her? I will be the one sponsoring her. And which is better and faster? Paper application or online application? Thanks for ur responses.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 06, 2015
Sleek5:
Please pple..help me look at this...i live in canada and had a baby last September. I want to apply for a visitors visa for my mon to come help me watch my baby. My baby is canadian but am nt canadian, im legally living in canada though. What and what should i include in the application for her? I will be the one sponsoring her. And which is better and faster? Paper application or online application? Thanks for ur responses.
hi i got an admission for human resource mangment in lamton college pls are there professional jobs after graduation i earn around 250 k monthly in najia and pensionable have u been able to get a professional job .i can fund the entire programme and i cant go on study leave u advice will be of help it either i deposite for a house in nijia 4.5 m or go to canada to settle via school
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 4:43pm On Dec 06, 2015
Sleek5:

Hi! Congratulations on the safe delivery of your baby. Could you please confirm if you are a permanent resident or a temporary resident (i.e. work, study or tourism)? If you are a permanent resident, you could file for family immigration for her or apply for a supervisa. If you are a student or a temporary worker, you could invite her over as a visitor. I'm not sure if visitors can invite other visitors though! Also I am not sure which is better and faster between the paper and the online application routes. But I know that the online application route is easier for a candidate with a scanner and an internet connection. However, for both routes, you still need to visit a VAC to submit your application. For the paper route, you only need to visit the VAC once (minimum) to submit your application and your passport, but the CDHC get to hold onto your passport for as long as they like. You can pay for the VAC to return your application back to you. For the online route, you have to visit the VAC twice, the first after you submit your application online to do your bio-metrics and the second to submit your passport if your application is successful. But your passport is only required if your application is successful, thereby shortening your passport's stay in the vault of the CDHC.

For the documents you need to submit, I advise you to visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp and confirm the documents that are needed. All applications and applicants have different circumstances and travel reasons, therefore the burden of proof for each applicant varies greatly. Cheers!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sleek5(f): 6:24pm On Dec 06, 2015
Thanks so much. Im a temporary resident. Hv both study and work permits.

[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 06, 2015
Sleek awaiting you answer it will help alot
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sleek5(f): 8:51pm On Dec 06, 2015
Alikote:
Sleek awaiting you answer it will help alot

Alikote, sorry didnt know u were refering to me. Congrats on ur admission, its nt even getting admission that is the problem, its getting the visa. I am finishing from lambton college finally by april. Did business management - human reaources as well. Done wit the academics aspect, remaing the compulsory internship or as they call it co-op of 4 months. Truth is, its nt so easy to get a professional job but its also achievable depending on ur work experience. Also one thing i would like u to know is that paying rent every month consumes ur money very fast. A standard room is btwn $400 and $450 every month in a shared house. Me i would say buying a house in naija is a very good investment for life...in canada, its continous spending all the time. But i cant also say u shouldnt come to canada if u want to come study, no knowledge is lost. But know that u can only work part time if u are schooling and what u earn thru that is just enough for ur pocket money, nothing much. And after school, you have to work very hard and maybe hv other sources of income to be good. u can buy the house now and then save again to come to canada, u would never regret it. Thats my lil piece. Feel free to ask anything

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 06, 2015
Thanks a lot i have an mba degree too.my net saving including shares can amount to 7 millon naira which i think can get me visa. MY fear is i dont want to wash dishes or unprofessional jobs . That why i need first hand information am 34 yrs old it a critical time any mistake is risky .pls are there recent gradute from najia that move to professional jobs since your arrival

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 06, 2015
Sleek if u where me .what will u do.u have been in najia and canada .u best position to advice
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sleek5(f): 10:31am On Dec 07, 2015
Alikote:
Sleek if u where me .what will u do.u have been in najia and canada .u best position to advice

If it were me...i will invest as much as i can in naija so that i can always hv something to fall back on then go to canada. Canada will giv u all needed comfort true but pls dnt throw everything away and come to canada to start from scratch

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sleek5(f): 10:31am On Dec 07, 2015
Alikote:

There are professional jobs but u have to work hard
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 08, 2015
like how Nigerian that just graduated from this college that have gotten example 40 percent 75 percent
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 1koboko: 2:00am On Dec 09, 2015
Hi everyone, is it compulsory for all TRV/Visit Visa applicants to fill the [i]Schedule 1 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257 – Schedule 1] form.

Please, note that in the main form which is Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257], it states in some sections that u may be required to fill Schedule 1 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257 – Schedule 1] form if you answer yes to certain questions and at the same time there is an indication on the same Schedule 1 form that it must be filled by all applicants. Please, any one with knowledge of the correct procedure should kindly advise me. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adeoladele(m): 8:24am On Dec 09, 2015
my company just won a contract in Guinea, am to oversee the activities of my department for a year now my company want to send to a language school in Canada for a month or two. the question is

1. what are my chances?
2. what documents do i need to present?
3. how long does it take to have a tourist visa?
we are into oil and gas

thanks

please very urgent
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimgudguy: 9:35am On Dec 11, 2015
Very quiet on the forum. The waiting is a pain in the ass tho,but victory is ours.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hopefulme: 9:57am On Dec 11, 2015
1koboko:
Hi everyone, is it compulsory for all TRV/Visit Visa applicants to fill the [i]Schedule 1 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257 – Schedule 1] form.

Please, note that in the main form which is Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257], it states in some sections that u may be required to fill Schedule 1 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257 – Schedule 1] form if you answer yes to certain questions and at the same time there is an indication on the same Schedule 1 form that it must be filled by all applicants. Please, any one with knowledge of the correct procedure should kindly advise me. Thanks

Schedule 1 form is for The principal applicant, his or her spouse or common law partner, if applicable, and all dependent children aged 18 or older listed (in family form) in the application for temporary resident. Each of them must complete her own copy of the Schedule 1 form.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hopefulme: 9:57am On Dec 11, 2015
slimgudguy:
Very quiet on the forum. The waiting is a pain in the ass tho,but victory is ours.
Amen
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by friendly101: 6:05pm On Dec 11, 2015
Hi everyone,
I have been following this thread underg
but cant hold it since have been view testimonies from the thread

Submitted app 15 Oct
(Biometric 16 oct )

please have not heard from them till date ............
please has anyone experience this or experiencing it as well
cos its more than 55days
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by snowhity85: 8:07pm On Dec 11, 2015
Hi everyone, been a ghost reader but have been benefiting greatly. Plz house I have few questions, I'll like to apply for Canada visiting visa though for partly to have my baby/ tourism but my passport will be expiring in August 2016 and I will be applying in January.do u guys advise to renew my passport or apply with the one I have. Guys plz its urgent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (1095) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.