Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,333 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2311616 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (1095) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ibegirl007: 12:42am On Dec 12, 2015
Contact Vfs... It shouldn't take more than 55 days

friendly101:
Hi everyone,
I have been following this thread underg
but cant hold it since have been view testimonies from the thread

Submitted app 15 Oct
(Biometric 16 oct )

please have not heard from them till date ............
please has anyone experience this or experiencing it as well
cos its more than 55days
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ayluvparis: 5:49am On Dec 12, 2015
snowhity85:
Hi everyone, been a ghost reader but have been benefiting greatly. Plz house I have few questions, I'll like to apply for Canada visiting visa though for partly to have my baby/ tourism but my passport will be expiring in August 2016 and I will be applying in January.do u guys advise to renew my passport or apply with the one I have. Guys plz its urgent.

When ur passport will expire doesn't matter but ur visa validity will not exceed d validity of ur passport.whicheva way if been issued a visa u can stay in canada for six months unless stated odawise by the immigration officer
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 6:15am On Dec 12, 2015
snowhity85:
Hi everyone, been a ghost reader but have been benefiting greatly. Plz house I have few questions, I'll like to apply for Canada visiting visa though for partly to have my baby/ tourism but my passport will be expiring in August 2016 and I will be applying in January.do u guys advise to renew my passport or apply with the one I have. Guys plz its urgent.

My advice to you will be to renew your passport before you apply. On a good day, the Canadian Deputy High Commission issues visas till the validity of the passport. Earlier in the year, I applied for visas for my mum and dad and they were both issued visas. Because of validity of their passports, my dad's visa expires this 2015, but my mum's visa expires in 2018. So I had to apply again for my dad this year. Applying for a Canadian visa is not something you would love to do twice in a year grin grin grin 110 days processing time.

I am sure that if you like Canada, you may love to visit again. Besides the current validity your passport is less 9 months. So, when you apply in January, the validity of your passport will be 8 months. On the receipt of your visa, after 55 days, the validity of your passport will be 6 months. Because of the short time left, you may be forced to renew your passport before you travel. So why not renew your passport now? Cheers!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 6:23am On Dec 12, 2015
friendly101:
Hi everyone,
I have been following this thread underg
but cant hold it since have been view testimonies from the thread

Submitted app 15 Oct
(Biometric 16 oct )

please have not heard from them till date ............
please has anyone experience this or experiencing it as well
cos its more than 55days

If you submitted your application via the paper route, you can contact VFS for an update on the status of your application. However, if you submitted your application via the online route, you may have to contact the Canadian Deputy High Commission with a Case Specific Enquiry form (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=lagos&_ga=1.109887621.102859316.1416763527). Cheers!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by britiko: 8:49am On Dec 13, 2015
Alikote:
hi i got an admission for human resource mangment in lamton college pls are there professional jobs after graduation i earn around 250 k monthly in najia and pensionable have u been able to get a professional job .i can fund the entire programme and i cant go on study leave u advice will be of help it either i deposite for a house in nijia 4.5 m or go to canada to settle via school

pay for the house in Niaja.
if you lease it out, it will be a source of steady income while you are settling in canada.
Get a skilled work in Niaja and apply for skilled worker programme.
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
you will end up acheiving same goal but with more cash in ur pocket.
canada is expensive
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by friendly101: 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2015
thebaft:

If you submitted your application via the paper route, you can contact VFS for an update on the status of your application. However, if you submitted your application via the online route, you may have to contact the Canadian Deputy High Commission with a Case Specific Enquiry form (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=lagos&_ga=1.109887621.102859316.1416763527). Cheers!

Thanks bro
Will keep u posted
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by friendly101: 7:31pm On Dec 13, 2015
ibegirl007:
Contact Vfs... It shouldn't take more than 55 days

@ ibegirl007 thanks for ur advice have sent it .....
Will keep u updated.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 8:22am On Dec 15, 2015
friendly101:

Thanks bro
Will keep u posted

Hello friendly101! Have you heard from VFS/CDHC yet? Yesterday, my dad got an email notification from VFS with the following message:

Dear Applicant, We would like to inform you that your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 14 Dec 2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking number. Tracking Number:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada

On tracking it on the VFS website, it states

Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX – Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre on 14/12/2015 vide courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC Website.

Funny... they did not give me the tracking number. Does anyone know which courier VFS uses?

We applied on 26th October 2015 via the paper application route and the passport was returned to VFS on 14 December 2015 (after 50 calendar days). I look forward to a favorable outcome.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by friendly101: 9:35am On Dec 15, 2015
thebaft:

Hello friendly101! Have you heard from VFS/CDHC yet? Yesterday, my dad got an email notification from VFS with the following message:

Dear Applicant, We would like to inform you that your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 14 Dec 2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking number. Tracking Number:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada

Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX – Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre on 14/12/2015 vide courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC Website.

Funny... they did not give me the tracking number. Does anyone know which courier VFS uses?

We applied on 26th October 2015 via the paper application route and the passport was returned to VFS on 14 December 2015 (after 50 calendar days). I look forward to a favorable outcome.

thanks
have not heard from them and I submitted my application online.
cant track it.....just confused....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eyeshaveseen: 10:46am On Dec 15, 2015
thebaft:

VFS uses UPS to courier passport. and a tracking number is not required just be expecting call from UPS in your state provided
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 11:56am On Dec 15, 2015
eyeshaveseen:
VFS uses UPS to courier passport. and a tracking number is not required just be expecting call from UPS in your state provided

Thanks so much for the update.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 12:46pm On Dec 15, 2015
friendly101:

thanks
have not heard from them and I submitted my application online.
cant track it.....just confused....

Have you tried using the Case Specific Enquiry Form? Also you could try contacting their Call Centre via mail at Question@cic.gc.ca. Cheers!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by friendly101: 2:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
thebaft:

Have you tried using the Case Specific Enquiry Form? Also you could try contacting their Call Centre via mail at Question@cic.gc.ca. Cheers!
thank bro
ho many days does it take to get reply from them?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 6:13pm On Dec 15, 2015
friendly101:

thank bro
ho many days does it take to get reply from them?
I don't really know. You will get an acknowledgement of your inquiry almost immediately. But I am not sure of when they will actually respond. Good luck!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 7:32pm On Dec 15, 2015
I just got a call from my dad. Unfortunately, the outcome was not favorable. So ... back to the drawing board.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ibegirl007: 9:02pm On Dec 15, 2015
This is not giving me Hope oohh

thebaft:
I just got a call from my dad. Unfortunately, the outcome was not favorable. So ... back to the drawing board.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 9:42pm On Dec 15, 2015
ibegirl007:
This is not giving me Hope oohh

Be Strong! Que Sera, Sera - Whatever Will Be, Will Be!!! wink
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimgudguy: 7:14am On Dec 16, 2015
Got back my passport was denied,sad. But i feel better now,it sucks been a black man oh nothing we do in the eyes of these people is enough Lol.Wish you guys success in your applications
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 3:08pm On Dec 16, 2015
I have been a silent follower of this thread.
But I have to make some few comments.

Visa denial is not the end of the world...i know because i have been denied before too.
I have been denied in Germany, Canada and Spain (July 2015) in that order.

The good news is I have had other opportunities, yes opportunities, to visit all these countries again except Spain, the most recent.

As many might think, I do not see any special favour or grace in securing a visa.
If I get it, I visit...if I don't, I move along...it's not the end of life.

Cheers.

7 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ichuxJay: 5:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
Hello guys, I wish everyone on dis trend a wonderful God filled hppy xmas and new year to cum. Pls I need help. I applied for a canadian visa in 2013, my son who was born thr was supp 2 have a major surgery(undescended testicles), they denied me d visa. My wife who is also a citizen by birth, cud not file for me, cos she said she has no tax payin job. Now I read on dis trend wat som1 says is required to submit b4 u cud get d visa, I dnt hav a fat acct or property documents to show dem cos I dnt hv a fat salary payin job but I hav an american visa on my pport, I cnt afford to pay flyt ticket for my wife and son to visit nigeria and my son is growin witout his dad, pls I need assistance, anyone pls house!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimgudguy: 6:19pm On Dec 16, 2015
bodejohn:
I have been a silent follower of this thread.
But I have to make some few comments.

Visa denial is not the end of the world...i know because i have been denied before too.
I have been denied in Germany, Canada and Spain (July 2015) in that order.

The good news is I have had other opportunities, yes opportunities, to visit all these countries again except Spain, the most recent.

As many might think, I do not see any special favour or grace in securing a visa.
If I get it, I visit...if I don't, I move along...it's not the end of life.

Cheers.
You are right but with the effort put into the application there refusal is just pure inconsideration. I feel that they are just using us to make money,Canada VO are notorious in refusing visas,my brother is in Finland as we speak we applied the same time. If our government cared they would do what mexico did make it hard for them too and watch as things will change Lol...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 7:02pm On Dec 16, 2015
slimgudguy:
You are right but with the effort put into the application there refusal is just pure inconsideration. I feel that they are just using us to make money,Canada VO are notorious in refusing visas,my brother is in Finland as we speak we applied the same time. If our government cared they would do what mexico did make it hard for them too and watch as things will change Lol...

On the contrary, it is difficult to secure the Nigerian visa from outside. I invite foreign nationals very often.

They often pay through their nose to get the visas but like 5 to 10 working days processing although they hardly or never get denied.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimgudguy: 7:41pm On Dec 16, 2015
bodejohn:

On the contrary, it is difficult to secure the Nigerian visa from outside. I invite foreign nationals very often.

They often pay through their nose to get the visas but like 5 to 10 working days processing although they hardly or never get denied.
That's my point they pay a lot for our visa but are very sure of getting the visa and they get the visa and i know because i have a friend over and they don't go through half the stress they put us trough and don't waste time waiting, that's the way it should be,we pay a lot too and getting all the docs ready is not free and a lot of us travel to lagos or abuja for it so you know the stress,if we start refusing a lot of there applicants like they do to us they will change,the fact is Canada embassy needs to be seriously cautioned they are actually taking advantage of us.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 9:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
slimgudguy:
That's my point they pay a lot for our visa but are very sure of getting the visa and they get the visa and i know because i have a friend over and they don't go through half the stress they put us trough and don't waste time waiting, that's the way it should be,we pay a lot too and getting all the docs ready is not free and a lot of us travel to lagos or abuja for it so you know the stress,if we start refusing a lot of there applicants like they do to us they will change,the fact is Canada embassy needs to be seriously cautioned they are actually taking advantage of us.

No rather many Nigerians need to be seriously told to stop submitting fake/forged documents because foreign embassies are fed up and can't trust us anymore.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimgudguy: 9:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

No rather many Nigerians need to be seriously told to stop submitting fake/forged documents because foreign embassies are fed up and can't trust us anymore.
No i don't agree,its true Nigerians do use fake docs but not all and that's a fact,and lie in visa applications is not peculiar to Nigerians stop believing stereotypes, the immigration system makes it hard for honesty they put all kind of flimsy requirements that don't translate to life here what do you expect,for example telling people they don't have enough ties to there home country, like wtf man this is my home, am i from the moon?of course i have ties its my freaking home.Have you ever wonder why they don't do interviews?They don't even give applicants a chance to explain there selves Its not everything you blame your people and fact is when you see a fake doc you will know that's no excuse for there actions they are inconsiderate.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 9:46pm On Dec 16, 2015
slimgudguy:
No i don't agree,Nigerians do use fake docs but not all and that's a fact,and lie in visa applications is not peculiar to Nigerians stop believing stereotypes, the immigration system makes it hard for honesty they put all kind of flimsy requirements that don't translate to life here what do you expect,for example telling people they don't have enough ties to there home country like wtf man this is my home am i from the moon?of course i have ties its my freaking home.Have you ever wonder why they don't do interviews?They don't even give applicants a chance to explain there selves Its not everything you blame your people and fact is when you see a fake doc you will know that's no excuse for there actions they are selfish and inconsiderate and its the fact.

That is not the fact, actually reading your post I can clearly see that your knowledge about home tie is very limited hence the reason many people like you make comments like this.

The same issue with countries that conduct visa interview...many of us Nigerians can not be trusted even with toilet brush, the same way we present fake documents is the same way we lie at the interview. Yes sometimes genuine applicants pay the price but that is what happens when majority ruined it for the good ones.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimgudguy: 9:54pm On Dec 16, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

That is not the fact, actually reading your post I can clearly see that your knowledge about home tie is very limited hence the reason many people like you make comments like this.

The same issue with countries that conduct visa interview...many of us Nigerians can not be trusted even with toilet brush, the same way we present fake documents is the same way we lie at the interview. Yes sometimes genuine applicants pay the price but that is what happens when majority ruined it for the good ones.
Please oga righteous you speak for your self i don't know those that use fake docs but my point still stands and clearly with people like you Nigerians cant stay honest because you ready to jump into generalizing statements and if you cant understand the sarcasm in my point on home ties then don't comment.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 10:47pm On Dec 16, 2015
slimgudguy:
Please oga righteous you speak for your self i don't know those that use fake docs but my point still stands and clearly with people like you Nigerians cant stay honest because you ready to jump into generalizing statements and if you cant understand the sarcasm in my point on home ties then don't comment.

Of course you know I'm telling you the bitter truth you can deny it all you want.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 11:13pm On Dec 16, 2015
I think you are both right.

If you see the ridiculous reasons why some people want to travel outside of Nigeria you will be amazed.

Truth be told, developed countries know that the easiest way to enter and stay permenently in their country is through transit and temporary visit visas. They are becoming more stringent with the guidelines.

In recent times, the Spanish embassy denied me and some colleagues entry visas into their country and upon appeal, we found out they didn't understand that our employer was sponsoring our trip.

After the appeal, another colleague got the same Spanish visa with just 19k in his personal account.
Some will say it is grace or favour but for it was most likely because our sister company in Barcelona queried the activities of the Spanish embassy here in Nigeria.

I would want to derail this thread, just wanted all applicants to know that been denied an entry visa is not the end of the world.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 4:20am On Dec 17, 2015
I do not believe that the Canadian Deputy High Commission is taking advantage of us. Neither do I believe the perceived submission of false documents leading to public mistrust (mistrustocide wink) is the cause of visa denials.

For the visa officers, they have laid down procedures and checklists which they abide by and do not bring in emotions when processing our applications. The fact that all applications are prejudiced before review (i.e. all applicants are immigrants) places the burden of proof on the applicant i.e. working from the answer to the question grin. CIC is not known for being service/people oriented, but policy oriented. If I have to compare them with the US, I can say that the US Department of State is focused on improving the user experience of their customers while maintaining the integrity of their immigration policies. That is important to them. But CIC is focused on the strict implementation of the immigration policies while being resistant to the introduction of current process improvement ideas. (Late to use VFS, late to start biometrics, late to start online applications).

For we the applicants, it is a possibility of mistakes, omissions or just not being diligent with your application that leads to denials. If we only knew why we are denied in the first place, it will surely make the learning curve shorter for applicants. I have to give props to the UK for that. Their refusal letters are detailed. Canada and US use their generic forms that leave applicants puzzled after each denial. However, Canada gives you (actually gives people living in Canada) the right to request for such information via GCMS. So for me, the perception that visas are denied because the general populace submits fake documents is not a rational one. I am aware that false representation (submission of false documents) leads to visa application bans. I guess the focus of the application process is on the credibility of the applicant's intent rather than on the applicant's documents.

Cheers!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 7:44am On Dec 17, 2015
thebaft:
I do not believe that the Canadian Deputy High Commission is taking advantage of us. Neither do I believe the perceived submission of false documents leading to public mistrust (mistrustocide wink) is the cause of visa denials.

For the visa officers, they have laid down procedures and checklists which they abide by and do not bring in emotions when processing our applications. The fact that all applications are prejudiced before review (i.e. all applicants are immigrants) places the burden of proof on the applicant i.e. working from the answer to the question grin. CIC is not known for being service/people oriented, but policy oriented. If I have to compare them with the US, I can say that the US Department of State is focused on improving the user experience of their customers while maintaining the integrity of their immigration policies. That is important to them. But CIC is focused on the strict implementation of the immigration policies while being resistant to the introduction of current process improvement ideas. (Late to use VFS, late to start biometrics, late to start online applications).

For we the applicants, it is a possibility of mistakes, omissions or just not being diligent with your application that leads to denials. If we only knew why we are denied in the first place, it will surely make the learning curve shorter for applicants. I have to give props to the UK for that. Their refusal letters are detailed. Canada and US use their generic forms that leave applicants puzzled after each denial. However, Canada gives you (actually gives people living in Canada) the right to request for such information via GCMS. So for me, the perception that visas are denied because the general populace submits fake documents is not a rational one. I am aware that false representation (submission of false documents) leads to visa application bans. I guess the focus of the application process is on the credibility of the applicant's intent rather than on the applicant's documents.

Cheers!

You are completely wrong there. How will the embassy determine the credibility of an applicant if not through documents submitted since there is no interview?At the same time you agreed that submission of fake document leads to a ban so my question to you is this: Will that not damage the credibility of the applicant?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 8:35am On Dec 17, 2015
justwise:

You are completely wrong there. How will the embassy determine the credibility of an applicant if not through documents submitted since there is no interview?At the same time you agreed that submission of fake document leads to a ban so my question to you is this: Will that not damage the credibility of the applicant?

Unfortunately ... none of us have data to show that foreign embassies are fed up with Nigerians and don't trust them because they persistently and relentlessly submit fake/forged documents.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (1095) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Europ2018(m), Olaniyi2955, Nnekkyneks, Joeblackdedon(f), Bobmaintain and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.