Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,494 members, 7,823,157 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2334656 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (1107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Awas: 4:03pm On Jan 27, 2022
Lady2007:

I also reapplied with the new platform four days before Christmas, and the application is still in progress. I am really hopeful it comes out before the 30 working days.

I applied on the 26th to hoping and praying to. has your eligibility started?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Awas: 4:05pm On Jan 27, 2022

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nwauwa(m): 5:34pm On Jan 27, 2022
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lady2007: 6:37pm On Jan 27, 2022
Awas:

I applied on the 26th to hoping and praying to. has your eligibility started?
I don't know what eligibility is. I applied through the family reunification for visitor's visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadnad: 8:30pm On Jan 27, 2022
Awas:

Thank you

Hello , have you tried to apply using the new portal, if yes did you get a code ?
I have been unable to get code to proceed with the visa application.
I also know someone that has completed the application process but unable to make payments using the new portal, once it gets to payments stage it starts to show error
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Awas: 11:52am On Jan 28, 2022
Nadnad:

Hello , have you tried to apply using the new portal, if yes did you get a code ?
I have been unable to get code to proceed with the visa application.
I also know someone that has completed the application process but unable to make payments using the new portal, once it gets to payments stage it starts to show error

Please how do I request for GCMS notes.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by spenca: 12:25pm On Jan 28, 2022
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Liljel: 12:28pm On Jan 28, 2022
I got a feedback from my application today, however, I was refused a Visa on the basis of lack of home ties.

Submitted January 5th 2022
Refusal January 28th 2022

I would apply again, but, how do I give the visa officer comfort that I would return to Nigeria before my visa elapses.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 1:55pm On Jan 28, 2022
Liljel:
I got a feedback from my application today, however, I was refused a Visa on the basis of lack of home ties.

I would apply again, but, how do I give the visa officer comfort that I would return to Nigeria before my visa elapses.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 1:56pm On Jan 28, 2022
You can apply again. But work on your home ties.

What is or are the proof of home ties you submitted before?

What type of visa application was it?

Liljel:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by greeners222(m): 2:38pm On Jan 28, 2022
Is this a student visa?

I would apply again, but, how do I give the visa officer comfort that I would return to Nigeria before my visa elapses.[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Awas: 2:39pm On Jan 28, 2022
[quote author=Lezy post=109761335][/quote]

Same here ! But I think we should get GCMS notes to know the actual reason before re applying .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 4:26pm On Jan 28, 2022

Same here ! But I think we should get GCMS notes to know the actual reason before re applying .[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Awas: 5:17pm On Jan 28, 2022
[quote author=Lezy post=109761335][/quote]

I got rejected on visiting visa today also .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 5:22pm On Jan 28, 2022
Awas:

Whats documents and reasons of your refusal
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 5:23pm On Jan 28, 2022
Awas:

Whats documents and reasons of your refusal
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 5:26pm On Jan 28, 2022
Liljel:

Do you used invitation letter or just the hotel reservation . What home ties did you used
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 6:36pm On Jan 28, 2022
When did you apply?
Did you submit travel history?
What home ties did you submit?

Awas:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by JumzieBabyy: 7:05pm On Jan 28, 2022
Hello People,

Please anyone travelled from NIgeria to CA as a visitor recently? Was letter of authorization required?

Anyone used Air France too? was Schengen visa required before onward trip?

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 8:04pm On Jan 28, 2022
why not requedt for ur GMCs Note to know the main reason before reapplying

Liljel:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Liljel: 10:43pm On Jan 28, 2022
Lezy:
You can apply again. But work on your home ties.

What is or are the proof of home ties you submitted before?

It was a visit visa based on family reunification. To be candid, I don’t think I included any document to serve home ties purpose aside the documents they asked me to submit. What sort of documents/criteria would suffice for this purpose ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Liljel: 10:44pm On Jan 28, 2022
pufframmy:

Would the GCMS note state a different reason other than those on the rejection letter?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Liljel: 10:48pm On Jan 28, 2022
Bostin:
Do you used invitation letter or just the hotel reservation . What home ties did you used

Ought to have been Invitation letter from my spouse but I realized i didn’t include it in documents submitted.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kurukuru: 12:09am On Jan 29, 2022
Which office processed your file? Kenya or Lagos
pufframmy:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adveert002: 10:55am On Jan 29, 2022
Liljel:

Would the GCMS note state a different reason other than those on the rejection letter?
It the same reason, the only difference is you will read the step by step of the process
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Liljel: 3:30pm On Jan 29, 2022
adveert002:

It the same reason, the only difference is you will read the step by step of the process

Okay, great, I’d order the notes. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kurukuru: 5:25pm On Jan 29, 2022
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kurukuru: 5:27pm On Jan 29, 2022
Deep Dive in the Use of AI for Immigration Processing

Immigration application volumes are constantly rising, and clients are increasingly expecting quicker and easier interactions. Therefore, IRCC

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: the policy and decision-maker based on the immigration law.

" style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0, 0) !important; text-decoration: none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted rgb(0, 0, 0) !important;">IRCC has been using big data and artificial intelligence (AI) to replace some human decision-makers in its immigration system. Of course, this raises concerns on how technology could lead to errors and assumptions for immigrants’ applications.

In this article, we’ll review the automated decision systems that IRCC has been using in applications and the guiding principles behind them.

OverviewIn recent years2021 policy on Automated Support for Decision-makingThe Automator’s HandbookUse of AI for Immigration Processing: Overview

A report released in 2018 by the University of Toronto’s Citizen Lab suggested that Canada has been experimenting with AI since 2014. “The government has also quietly sought input from the private sector related to a 2018 pilot project for an ‘Artificial Intelligence Solution‘ in immigration decision-making and assessments,” says the report. It also mentioned this included Humanitarian and Compassionate applications and Pre-Removal Risk Assessments. Vulnerable people use these two applications as a last resort to remain in Canada.

Earlier that year, federal officials launched a pilot project to have an A.I. system sort through Temporary Resident Visa

TRV: a document attached to a passport page that allows a person to visit Canada.

" style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0, 0) !important; text-decoration: none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted rgb(0, 0, 0) !important;">temporary resident visa applications from China and India. The analytics program helped officers triage online visa applications to process some cases more efficiently.

According to an IRCC presentation (2020), the department did use “advanced analytics and machine learning to automate a portion of the Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) business process, focusing on online applications from China and India”.

Image: (PDF) EU Conference Presentation – IRCC. Patrick McEvenue, Senior Director, Strategic Policy and Planning /IRCC / Government of Canada / October 28, 2020.

However, according to the same presentation, they were not:

Automating decisions in business lines like Asylum, Humanitarian & Compassionate cases, Pre-Removal Risk Assessment.Using “black box” algorithms that make determinations in unknowable or unexplainable ways.Planning to displace the central role of officers in immigration decision-making.In recent years

In 2020, the government of Canada released a Directive on Automated Decision-Making, which outlined the responsibilities of federal departments using AI. It also released the Algorithmic Impact Assessment tool to help institutions understand the implementation of AI. In addition, the tool determined the impact of automated decision systems.

Parsai Immigration Services did some research about IRCC’s AI pilot projects. But, there was not much public information on how exactly IRCC is using AI to deliver programs and services. According to another presentation from the Government of Canada Data Conference: An Integrated Data Community for Building Back Better (February 2021), this is what IRCC did in 2021:

Image: (PDF) Government of Canada Data Conference: An Integrated Data Community for Building Back Better / February 18, 2021.

Therefore, our firm obtained the policy on the automated decision system via an information request to IRCC, to have a better understanding of the guiding principles behind these projects. Let’s explore it!

Policy Playbook on Automated Support for Decision-making: 2021 edition

The policy, which is a working version/draft, guides individuals involved in developing and implementing automated systems that support decision-making. Moreover, it covers some legal considerations and tips to align with administrative, human rights, and privacy law.

The policy targets automated systems that support, in whole or in part, administrative decisions. This includes systems that:

classify cases according to the level of scrutiny they require;flag cases for human review or investigation;provide recommendations about whether applications should be approved;or render complete decisions.

According to the policy, these systems take up a new role in IRCC’s decision-making model. And the rules that these systems apply “could be derived from sophisticated data analytics, or from interviews with experienced officers”.

“A new policy on automated support for decision-making is an opportunity to ensure that the Department’s thinking keeps pace with the speed of technological change, and that our people and practices continue to deliver a suite of programs equal to the expectations of Canadians and the world.”

12 Guiding Principles

The following set of principles outlines IRCC’s overarching goals:

The use of AI and automation should deliver a clear public benefit. IRCC should use these tools wherever it can do so responsibly, effectively, and efficiently.Humans (not computer systems) are accountable for decision-making, even when decisions are carried out by automated systems.Because IRCC’s decisions have significant impacts on the lives of clients and Canadians, the Department should prioritize approaches that carry the least risk.Black box algorithms can be useful but cannot be the sole determinant of final decisions on client applications.IRCC must recognize the limitations of data-driven technologies and take all reasonable steps to minimize unintended bias.Officers should be informed, not led to conclusions.Humans and AI play complementary roles. IRCC should strive to sharpen the roles of each.Also, IRCC should continually adopt emerging privacy-related best practices in a rapidly evolving field.IRCC should subject systems to ongoing oversight, to ensure they are technically sound, consistent with legal and policy authorities, fair, and functioning as intended.Also, IRCC must always be able to provide a meaningful explanation of decisions made on client applications.IRCC must be transparent about its use of AI. It must provide meaningful access to the system while protecting the safety and security of Canadians.IRCC’s use of automated systems must not diminish a person’s ability to pursue recourse.The Automator’s Handbook

The handbook guides IRCC staff through questions that should be considered at various stages of AI and automation projects. This includes early exploration and ongoing monitoring once a system is running. In other words, the handbook helps determine whether or not an automated decision system is a good solution to the problem that the staff is trying to tackle.

Furthermore, the handbook analyzes the following areas:

Automated support for decision-making as a potential solutionGeneral suitability: In situations where reasonable minds may differ, the handbook doesn’t recommend automation. Conversely, staff can pursue automation if analysis of past decisions has shown that virtually any officer would reach the same conclusion.Preliminary diagnostics and impact assessments:  At this stage, the staff should focus on gathering disaggregated data about clients, analyzing this data for quality and historical bias, and checking their assumptions.Training: this may range from courses on digital government – such as those offered by the Canada School of Public Service’s Digital Academy- to training on privacy and data literacy.Partner and stakeholder engagement: the staff should deliberately seek views from a diverse group of stakeholders and document their perspectives, as you would when developing a significant policy or legislative change.Planning for design: involves the resources that the staff will use for data analytics experimentation and iterative systems development.User-centered approach: prior to undertaking a project, staff will need to have a good understanding of the general operating environment in question.Designing the systemModel suitability: exploring, mocking up, and testing some alternatives to confirm the initial hypothesis and strengthen the business case.Algorithmic Impact Assessment (AIA): completing a preliminary assessment at the design stage to help to anticipate risks associated with the project.User-centered design: thinking about both the most appropriate way to use technology and about the best way to involve humans.Fairness and non-discrimination: thinking carefully about how the addition of automation will change application processing and decision-making.Explainability and transparency: as a general rule, explanations should: (1) help clients understand a particular decision, and (2) provide grounds to contest the decision should the client wish to do so.Privacy: IRCC should work with a privacy expert -within the advanced analytics teams- to ensure that privacy is considered at every stage.Working in the open: involves the release of reports about AI and automation.Accountability and security: a review of compliance with existing cybersecurity policies and identified security controls.

Image: Part III – An overview of legal considerations and practical tips | Policy Playbook on Automated Support for Decision-making.

Preparing for launch

This section talks about the process for getting final approval. It also includes an assessment of the user’s, the system’s, and the partners’ readiness.

Once up and running

The section answers questions like: Is the system still functioning as originally intended? Do any intervening factors point to the need for a review?

The Automator’s Handbook also includes information such as legal considerations and practical tips, a checklist for the directive on automated decision-making, and baseline privacy requirements. Let’s focus on the last one.

Baseline Privacy Requirements

This section starts with a very important phrase: in Canada, privacy is considered a human right. The privacy requirements laid out in the document are based on the:

Privacy Act,Treasury Board Secretariat policies,directives,guidelines, andinternal IRCC guidance.

Moreover, according to the policy, the staff should consider the following, when planning, developing and monitoring any initiative involving data-driven technology:

Legal Authority: A program must identify the parliamentary authority to collect and use personal information for the specified purposes of the program.Notice and informed of purpose: IRCC must notify individuals of the purpose for which their information is being collected, commonly referred to as a ‘privacy notice’.Transparency: IRCC must notify past applicants that their information was used to train or build models.Explainability: Individuals have a right to know exactly how their personal information was processed through a disruptive technology system.Accuracy: IRCC must take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information used for an administrative purpose is as accurate, up-to-date and complete as possible.

These are just some of the minimum requirements that all projects must meet. We hope to see IRCC’s data scientists, program designers, and policy developers trained to prioritize these ethical considerations in the development of automated support for decision-making systems. Meanwhile, we will keep you informed about other technological advances in Canada’s immigration system.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kurukuru: 11:04pm On Jan 29, 2022
I posted this to enlighten this forum on why some people get their application decision faster. It is not that the new portal is faster. The current processing time for visitor visa is still around 78 days. What happens is that IRCC is now using an Advanced Data Analytic to process visas. When applications are submitted now, they will be processed by the machine, the machine will sort the applications to either complex or none complex applications. If you have been approved Canada visa before, the system will categorise it as non-complex and it will be passed to the VO as passing the eligibility moving the file over other files on the queue. If you submit your application with limited supporting document, and without any letter of explanation, the system will categorise or as non-complex with failed eligibility. Then the VO will recheck it and give the human decision. If your file is categorised as complex, it will be left on the queue for the VO to attend normally. This is the reason when somebody applied for the Spousal Open Work Permit and the application is taking a long time. The person applied for the visitors visa after then and the visitor visa was approved. The person got approval of the Spousal Work Permit shortly after that. It was the system that passed the Open Work Permit eligibility based on the approval of the visitors visa.
Kurukuru:
Deep Dive in the Use of AI for Immigration Processing

Immigration application volumes are constantly rising, and clients are increasingly expecting quicker and easier interactions. Therefore, IRCC

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: the policy and decision-maker based on the immigration law.

" style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0, 0) !important; text-decoration: none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted rgb(0, 0, 0) !important;">IRCC has been using big data and artificial intelligence (AI) to replace some human decision-makers in its immigration system. Of course, this raises concerns on how technology could lead to errors and assumptions for immigrants’ applications.

In this article, we’ll review the automated decision systems that IRCC has been using in applications and the guiding principles behind them.

OverviewIn recent years2021 policy on Automated Support for Decision-makingThe Automator’s HandbookUse of AI for Immigration Processing: Overview

A report released in 2018 by the University of Toronto’s Citizen Lab suggested that Canada has been experimenting with AI since 2014. “The government has also quietly sought input from the private sector related to a 2018 pilot project for an ‘Artificial Intelligence Solution‘ in immigration decision-making and assessments,” says the report. It also mentioned this included Humanitarian and Compassionate applications and Pre-Removal Risk Assessments. Vulnerable people use these two applications as a last resort to remain in Canada.

Earlier that year, federal officials launched a pilot project to have an A.I. system sort through Temporary Resident Visa

TRV: a document attached to a passport page that allows a person to visit Canada.

" style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0, 0) !important; text-decoration: none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted rgb(0, 0, 0) !important;">temporary resident visa applications from China and India. The analytics program helped officers triage online visa applications to process some cases more efficiently.

According to an IRCC presentation (2020), the department did use “advanced analytics and machine learning to automate a portion of the Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) business process, focusing on online applications from China and India”.

Image: (PDF) EU Conference Presentation – IRCC. Patrick McEvenue, Senior Director, Strategic Policy and Planning /IRCC / Government of Canada / October 28, 2020.

However, according to the same presentation, they were not:

Automating decisions in business lines like Asylum, Humanitarian & Compassionate cases, Pre-Removal Risk Assessment.Using “black box” algorithms that make determinations in unknowable or unexplainable ways.Planning to displace the central role of officers in immigration decision-making.In recent years

In 2020, the government of Canada released a Directive on Automated Decision-Making, which outlined the responsibilities of federal departments using AI. It also released the Algorithmic Impact Assessment tool to help institutions understand the implementation of AI. In addition, the tool determined the impact of automated decision systems.

Parsai Immigration Services did some research about IRCC’s AI pilot projects. But, there was not much public information on how exactly IRCC is using AI to deliver programs and services. According to another presentation from the Government of Canada Data Conference: An Integrated Data Community for Building Back Better (February 2021), this is what IRCC did in 2021:

Image: (PDF) Government of Canada Data Conference: An Integrated Data Community for Building Back Better / February 18, 2021.

Therefore, our firm obtained the policy on the automated decision system via an information request to IRCC, to have a better understanding of the guiding principles behind these projects. Let’s explore it!

Policy Playbook on Automated Support for Decision-making: 2021 edition

The policy, which is a working version/draft, guides individuals involved in developing and implementing automated systems that support decision-making. Moreover, it covers some legal considerations and tips to align with administrative, human rights, and privacy law.

The policy targets automated systems that support, in whole or in part, administrative decisions. This includes systems that:

classify cases according to the level of scrutiny they require;flag cases for human review or investigation;provide recommendations about whether applications should be approved;or render complete decisions.

According to the policy, these systems take up a new role in IRCC’s decision-making model. And the rules that these systems apply “could be derived from sophisticated data analytics, or from interviews with experienced officers”.

“A new policy on automated support for decision-making is an opportunity to ensure that the Department’s thinking keeps pace with the speed of technological change, and that our people and practices continue to deliver a suite of programs equal to the expectations of Canadians and the world.”

12 Guiding Principles

The following set of principles outlines IRCC’s overarching goals:

The use of AI and automation should deliver a clear public benefit. IRCC should use these tools wherever it can do so responsibly, effectively, and efficiently.Humans (not computer systems) are accountable for decision-making, even when decisions are carried out by automated systems.Because IRCC’s decisions have significant impacts on the lives of clients and Canadians, the Department should prioritize approaches that carry the least risk.Black box algorithms can be useful but cannot be the sole determinant of final decisions on client applications.IRCC must recognize the limitations of data-driven technologies and take all reasonable steps to minimize unintended bias.Officers should be informed, not led to conclusions.Humans and AI play complementary roles. IRCC should strive to sharpen the roles of each.Also, IRCC should continually adopt emerging privacy-related best practices in a rapidly evolving field.IRCC should subject systems to ongoing oversight, to ensure they are technically sound, consistent with legal and policy authorities, fair, and functioning as intended.Also, IRCC must always be able to provide a meaningful explanation of decisions made on client applications.IRCC must be transparent about its use of AI. It must provide meaningful access to the system while protecting the safety and security of Canadians.IRCC’s use of automated systems must not diminish a person’s ability to pursue recourse.The Automator’s Handbook

The handbook guides IRCC staff through questions that should be considered at various stages of AI and automation projects. This includes early exploration and ongoing monitoring once a system is running. In other words, the handbook helps determine whether or not an automated decision system is a good solution to the problem that the staff is trying to tackle.

Furthermore, the handbook analyzes the following areas:

Automated support for decision-making as a potential solutionGeneral suitability: In situations where reasonable minds may differ, the handbook doesn’t recommend automation. Conversely, staff can pursue automation if analysis of past decisions has shown that virtually any officer would reach the same conclusion.Preliminary diagnostics and impact assessments:  At this stage, the staff should focus on gathering disaggregated data about clients, analyzing this data for quality and historical bias, and checking their assumptions.Training: this may range from courses on digital government – such as those offered by the Canada School of Public Service’s Digital Academy- to training on privacy and data literacy.Partner and stakeholder engagement: the staff should deliberately seek views from a diverse group of stakeholders and document their perspectives, as you would when developing a significant policy or legislative change.Planning for design: involves the resources that the staff will use for data analytics experimentation and iterative systems development.User-centered approach: prior to undertaking a project, staff will need to have a good understanding of the general operating environment in question.Designing the systemModel suitability: exploring, mocking up, and testing some alternatives to confirm the initial hypothesis and strengthen the business case.Algorithmic Impact Assessment (AIA): completing a preliminary assessment at the design stage to help to anticipate risks associated with the project.User-centered design: thinking about both the most appropriate way to use technology and about the best way to involve humans.Fairness and non-discrimination: thinking carefully about how the addition of automation will change application processing and decision-making.Explainability and transparency: as a general rule, explanations should: (1) help clients understand a particular decision, and (2) provide grounds to contest the decision should the client wish to do so.Privacy: IRCC should work with a privacy expert -within the advanced analytics teams- to ensure that privacy is considered at every stage.Working in the open: involves the release of reports about AI and automation.Accountability and security: a review of compliance with existing cybersecurity policies and identified security controls.

Image: Part III – An overview of legal considerations and practical tips | Policy Playbook on Automated Support for Decision-making.

Preparing for launch

This section talks about the process for getting final approval. It also includes an assessment of the user’s, the system’s, and the partners’ readiness.

Once up and running

The section answers questions like: Is the system still functioning as originally intended? Do any intervening factors point to the need for a review?

The Automator’s Handbook also includes information such as legal considerations and practical tips, a checklist for the directive on automated decision-making, and baseline privacy requirements. Let’s focus on the last one.

Baseline Privacy Requirements

This section starts with a very important phrase: in Canada, privacy is considered a human right. The privacy requirements laid out in the document are based on the:

Privacy Act,Treasury Board Secretariat policies,directives,guidelines, andinternal IRCC guidance.

Moreover, according to the policy, the staff should consider the following, when planning, developing and monitoring any initiative involving data-driven technology:

Legal Authority: A program must identify the parliamentary authority to collect and use personal information for the specified purposes of the program.Notice and informed of purpose: IRCC must notify individuals of the purpose for which their information is being collected, commonly referred to as a ‘privacy notice’.Transparency: IRCC must notify past applicants that their information was used to train or build models.Explainability: Individuals have a right to know exactly how their personal information was processed through a disruptive technology system.Accuracy: IRCC must take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information used for an administrative purpose is as accurate, up-to-date and complete as possible.

These are just some of the minimum requirements that all projects must meet. We hope to see IRCC’s data scientists, program designers, and policy developers trained to prioritize these ethical considerations in the development of automated support for decision-making systems. Meanwhile, we will keep you informed about other technological advances in Canada’s immigration system.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iskilayodele: 3:20am On Jan 30, 2022
Thanks for the breakdown. May God be with you.

Kurukuru:
I posted this to enlighten this forum on why some people get their application decision faster. It is not that the new portal is faster. The current processing time for visitor visa is still around 78 days. What happens is that IRCC is now using an Advanced Data Analytic to process visas. When applications are submitted now, they will be processed by the machine, the machine will sort the applications to either complex or none complex applications. If you have been approved Canada visa before, the system will categorise it as non-complex and it will be passed to the VO as passing the eligibility moving the file over other files on the queue. If you submit your application with limited supporting document, and without any letter of explanation, the system will categorise or as non-complex with failed eligibility. Then the VO will recheck it and give the human decision. If your file is categorised as complex, it will be left on the queue for the VO to attend normally. This is the reason when somebody applied for the Spousal Open Work Permit and the application is taking a long time. The person applied for the visitors visa after then and the visitor visa was approved. The person got approval of the Spousal Work Permit shortly after that. It was the system that passed the Open Work Permit eligibility based on the approval of the visitors visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Awas: 4:22am On Jan 30, 2022
Lezy:
When did you apply?
Did you submit travel history?
What home ties did you submit?

Yes i did , submitted invitation letter . it was filled for my daughter who wants to visit my spouse that is in school .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Awas: 4:27am On Jan 30, 2022
iskilayodele:
Thanks for the breakdown. May God be with you.

are we saying if you are rejected on the visitors visa platform that and you have a profile on open spouse work permit that they will reject that to.

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (1107) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: tblaze007(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.