Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2334706 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (1107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by YinksXO: 11:54pm On Feb 10, 2022
PPR Alert - Visit visa, family of 3

Submission: 11th Jan
Biometrics: 17th Jan
PPR: 9th Feb
Purpose: to visit daughter who is studying in Ca.

New portal used

9 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Uju4real002: 12:08am On Feb 11, 2022
YinksXO:

New portal used

Wow congratulations
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ikemummy(m): 3:24am On Feb 11, 2022
Big congratulations. So happy for you.
YinksXO:

New portal used
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EarthChild: 7:54am On Feb 11, 2022
Congratulations to you and the family

YinksXO:

New portal used
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 9:21am On Feb 11, 2022
wow that so fast congrat
YinksXO:

New portal used
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 9:25am On Feb 11, 2022
Congratulations. That was fast.

Does this mean CIC doesn't process from gckey account, the old portal? Can somebody say something about this?

YinksXO:

New portal used
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 9:34am On Feb 11, 2022
Lezy:
Congratulations. That was fast.

Does this mean CIC doesn't process from gckey account, the old portal? Can somebody say something about this?

They still do. It's just that the new portal is designed in a way that submission of application is easier and faster. A friend submitted a study permit application in January of 2022 and got a decision exactly 2weeks later.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 11:05am On Feb 11, 2022
Ok then....

mrprolifik:

They still do. It's just that the new portal is designed in a way that submission of application is easier and faster. A friend submitted a study permit application in January of 2022 and got a decision exactly 2weeks later.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 11:39am On Feb 11, 2022
Self employed , single dad , Invitation from a male white friend (age mate) to his small town in BC . What do you think my chance is ? note : 4th attempt , last was 2016 , last travel 2012 UK ...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bishopkinkin: 12:27pm On Feb 11, 2022
Yes that's the price you have to pay, but your old application would be withdrawn and you might get a refund
Nikanne:

Hi. My situation is similar. When reapplying do I pay new visa fees?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 5:08pm On Feb 11, 2022
What are the reasons of rejecting you for 4 times?

Bostin:
Self employed , single dad , Invitation from a male white friend (age mate) to his small town in BC . What do you think my chance is ? note : 4th attempt , last was 2016 , last travel 2012 UK ...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 7:29pm On Feb 11, 2022
Lezy:
What are the reasons of rejecting you for 4 times?

You have not satisfied me you will leave Canada then tick .. Purpose of visit l 1st and 2nd , same reason in the third attempt but tick Purpose of Visit ,travel history , current employment, personal asset and financial status .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Annettevoke(f): 8:14pm On Feb 11, 2022
This morning i received BVL(Biometrics validation letter), nothing after that..
Applied through new portal: 25th January
BVL: 11th February

I thought PPR follows BVL immediately?

holyjacket:
Has anyone received passport request recently via the new portal
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Annettevoke(f): 8:16pm On Feb 11, 2022
did you receive BVL( biometrics validation letter) and how long before PPR? PLS

YinksXO:

New portal used
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ditha(f): 8:55pm On Feb 11, 2022
BVL comes with either approval or refusal letter.. fingers crossed for the better news! You should get the other letter soon
Annettevoke:
did you receive BVL( biometrics validation letter) and how long before PPR? PLS

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EuniqueBabe: 10:26pm On Feb 11, 2022
You can't be doing same thing and expecting a different result. Now you have more to prove to explain 1. Purpose of Visit (how well established is the person and is he willing to back you with documents) 2. Travel history (where have you been to recently not 2012 that's too far away) 3. Current employment (did you submit enough company documents like CAC, Tax, bank account/ invoice transactions to show your business exist etc) 4. Personal asset and financial status (what do you have as home ties eg landed property, car, how much flows in your personal account not just the balance).

Get someone like Justwise or Frank to help review your current situation and see how it can be repackaged else high chances are you get rejected again.

Bostin:
You have not satisfied me you will leave Canada then tick .. Purpose of visit l 1st and 2nd , same reason in the third attempt but tick Purpose of Visit ,travel history , current employment, personal asset and financial status .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by belleez: 10:48pm On Feb 11, 2022
GCMS Notes came in today...
Eligibility still showing blank o
Since August 21 2021.

1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Draybaba0103(m): 11:02pm On Feb 11, 2022
Pls I send you a message, kindly respond. I will like to be added to the WhatsApp group.
Thank you.
etyno:
Thanks for your response.
I said what I said cos that's the information I I have
I am in a WhatsApp group of almost 100 person's on the AIPP route and I have seen only 1 inland applicant with 9 months timeline. Every other person are 6months or less.
Infact, one person got PR in just one month in December.
A friend got hers in Nov 2021 within 5months and she's the one who introduced me to AIPP Route.
All Outland applicants have been waiting for like forever though.

Stop making it sound like a lie cos cases are different like you said.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lydylonge(m): 2:24am On Feb 12, 2022
Hello nairalanders, Please can anyone enlighten me on what covid procedure to undergo before entering Canada. I just got my visiting visa to unite with my spouse.I am also traveling with a child.Before I book flight, Do we need to run any test, plan quarantine ahead?
Please note, I have fully vaccinated with one of Canada recognised vaccine.Kindly advise.
Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iskilayodele: 2:50am On Feb 12, 2022
Firstly share your timeline just as others did

Lydylonge:
Hello nairalanders, Please can anyone enlighten me on what covid procedure to undergo before entering Canada. I just got my visiting visa to unite with my spouse.I am also traveling with a child.Before I book flight, Do we need to run any test, plan quarantine ahead?
Please note, I have fully vaccinated with one of Canada recognised vaccine.Kindly advise.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 3:27am On Feb 12, 2022
Lydylonge:
Thank you.

Click on the link below to see the procedure you need to follow when travelling to Canada.
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by larronks: 4:10am On Feb 12, 2022
Hello everyone, i applied with my son in December on the new portal as the old application was taking too long, to reunite with my sister.
i got PPR on Tuesday for my son but mine is still processing. Has anyone experienced the same? my son is only 8 so there’s no way they expect him to travel alone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ikemummy(m): 4:47am On Feb 12, 2022
Wow! Congratulations. Did you apply using the new portal? If so, pls when did you apply ? I also applied for my spouse since Nov 9 2021

iskilayodele:
Firstly share your timeline just as others did

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ikemummy(m): 4:47am On Feb 12, 2022
Wow! Congratulations. Did you apply using the new portal? If so, pls when did you apply ? I also applied for my spouse since Nov 9 2021

Lydylonge:
Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jxool: 6:39am On Feb 12, 2022
Good morning everyone.

It’s my first time posting to visitor visa group for Canada.

Got approved recently for student visa amd am currently in Canada.

I applied for visiting visa for my wife and my two kids but got rejected same day biometric was done. It’s funny hey but they applying from South Africa as they South African citizens and they reside in South African also.

Reason for refusal

Based on travel history
Based on your family ties in Canada and your home country of residence
Based on your personal financial asset and financial status.

Please house anyone with good idea how to tackle this refusal?

Gurus in the house please guide me and I will really appreciate it.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 7:45am On Feb 12, 2022
EuniqueBabe:
You can't be doing same thing and expecting a different result. Now you have more to prove to explain 1. Purpose of Visit (how well established is the person and is he willing to back you with documents) 2. Travel history (where have you been to recently not 2012 that's too far away) 3. Current employment (did you submit enough company documents like CAC, Tax, bank account/ invoice transactions to show your business exist etc) 4. Personal asset and financial status (what do you have as home ties eg landed property, car, how much flows in your personal account not just the balance).

Get someone like Justwise or Frank to help review your current situation and see how it can be repackaged else high chances are you get rejected again.

Thank you greatly , though my friend is a red seal electrian working in a coal mine and own personal house but I don't think I met all you analysed above , I have them partially . My conclusion is to hold it until I have stonger ties and travels elsewhere before I shoot the shot . Thanks for your time .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 8:23am On Feb 12, 2022
Jxool:
Good morning everyone.

It’s my first time posting to visitor visa group for Canada.

Got approved recently for student visa amd am currently in Canada.

I applied for visiting visa for my wife and my two kids but got rejected same day biometric was done. It’s funny hey but they applying from South Africa as they South African citizens and they reside in South African also.

Reason for refusal

Based on travel history
Based on your family ties in Canada and your home country of residence
Based on your personal financial asset and financial status.

Please house anyone with good idea how to tackle this refusal?

Gurus in the house please guide me and I will really appreciate it.

Request for GCMS notes to find out the real reason they were denied the visit visa . If you can address those reasons then reapply.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EuniqueBabe: 8:52am On Feb 12, 2022
To be honest, nothing is cast on stone. I know someone that didn't have good ties, asset and been to only Dubai and ghana but got visa.

Everything is grace and favour. People are only advised to do their best by presenting a good application.

Bostin:
Thank you greatly , though my friend is a red seal electrian working in a coal mine and own personal house but I don't think I met all you analysed above , I have them partially . My conclusion is to hold it until I have stonger ties and travels elsewhere before I shoot the shot . Thanks for your time .

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 8:52am On Feb 12, 2022
Bostin:

The truth is that getting Canada and US visas is not that easy but a lot of people are still getting it.

Put your chance of getting it at 30 : 70. If you package your application well then you might be lucky to be among those 30% applicants whose applications are successful.

Try your luck because you never know

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EuniqueBabe: 9:18am On Feb 12, 2022
Well to me o US visa is easier than canada. I think the fact that no document is required, just your confidence and psychology makes it easier in my opinion. With canada you would submit heaven and earth and they can still deny you. The main work for canada is in a good SOP.

Ashirioluwa:

The truth is that getting Canada and US visas is not that easy but a lot of people are still getting it.

Put your chance of getting it at 30 : 70. If you package your application well then you might be lucky to be among those 30% applicants whose applications are successful.

Try your luck because you never know
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by larronks: 1:09pm On Feb 12, 2022
larronks:
Hello everyone, i applied with my son in December on the new portal as the old application was taking too long, to reunite with my sister.
i got PPR on Tuesday for my son but mine is still processing. Has anyone experienced the same? my son is only 8 so there’s no way they expect him to travel alone
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Donbaba123: 1:48pm On Feb 12, 2022
Please which document is supposed to be uploaded here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (1107) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: ayoshyne(m), Educhopper(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.