Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2308665 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (1094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iskilayodele: 5:20am On Jan 30, 2022
No. They treat Dual intentions separately.
Awas:

are we saying if you are rejected on the visitors visa platform that and you have a profile on open spouse work permit that they will reject that to.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rockachic: 12:40pm On Jan 30, 2022
Hello, where you able to resolve the NIN issuance date. I have the same issue and i am thinking of selecting NO since i dont know the date my NIN was issued
galala123:

I know I had problem with NIN date of issuance as I'm not sure of the exact date (You go for NIN biometrics, then go to collect it after it has been issued on a future date. No fixed date of issue on NIN except on Initial capture date which to me is not the actual issue date - Just like international Passport) but if there's expiration date it can be left blank since no expiration date for NIN

I believe your travel document is your international passport.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kurukuru: 5:40pm On Jan 30, 2022
Each application is treated on his own based on the argument canvassed and the supporting document presented. Although there is possibility of the bandwagon effect of one on another.
iskilayodele:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anndav(f): 6:01pm On Jan 30, 2022
ikez:
Dear All,

Compliments of the season!!!

Please I need your support/guidance on applying for Canadian Work Permit via Ghanian VFS.

I have an offer letter from a Canadian company but faced with a challenge of having to wait for 61 weeks to allow for the processing of TWP in Nigeria.

The company is not willing to wait for that long and I thought of applying through Ghana but don't know if there are some residency requirements I must meet.

I tried creating a TWP account online to start the application process but I don't know what to do to ensure the TWP is being processed via VFS-Ghana.

Please I need our help and guidance on this.

Thank you

Do you have Approved, LMIA?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 6:47pm On Jan 30, 2022
Please my guru in the house , is it necessary I mention all countries refusals have gotten in my application or just mention previous Canada visa refusal only .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kurukuru: 9:00pm On Jan 30, 2022
I BEG YOU IN THE NAME OF GOD, PLS MENTION O. FAILURE TO DO SO NA BAN O
Bostin:
Please my guru in the house , is it necessary I mention all countries refusals have gotten in my application or just mention previous Canada visa refusal only .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 9:12pm On Jan 30, 2022
Kurukuru:
I BEG YOU IN THE NAME OF GOD, PLS MENTION O. FAILURE TO DO SO NA BAN O
Really ? Thank you .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 2:32am On Jan 31, 2022
Kenkamal:

Yeah the letter is the last thing requesting for passport after the application has been approved, i also read same in one of the messages posted here some times ago, i just wana know how long it takes so i can submit my passport to VSF. However, the backlog and holiday hasn't help either.

This is still not clear, but I hope you've been able to figure it out.

Again as earlier mentioned, your approval comes with/after your passport request and not the other way round. Maybe this is a new thing.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 2:41am On Jan 31, 2022
DianneM:
Hello Olori, can you please share the link to the new portal?

I'm looking to apply for a visiting visa to visit my spouse (PR holder) but I'm very skeptical that I'll get denied seeing that I'm to provide proof of return. Can you please advise?

Anyone with experience can advice also please. It'll be very much appreciated
Thank you

Hi,

Apologies for the late response. You've probably figured out the link but just incase, here you go.
Link for invite code: https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal

Link to sign up: https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signup?lang=en

There's no one size fits all when it comes to what to submit as proofs of returning as cases are peculiar and Visa officers differ.
It's recommended that one shows substantial proof of adequate funding, financial/economical stability, family ties, personal assets, businesses, etc. If you're working, provide proofs of employment, letter from employer showing approval to be away for a period of time, paystubs, etc. If you own a business provide details of your business and funding. Provide details of any travel history.

Explain any lump sum in your account and provide proofs where necessary.

Write a detailed letter of explanation and include a letter of invitation from your spouse.

Hope this helps. Others can chime in.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziude: 3:06am On Jan 31, 2022
Bostin:
Really ? Thank you .

E be like you Dey find ban?

Mention all

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Awas: 3:35am On Jan 31, 2022
iskilayodele:

thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by prettybimbim: 9:32am On Jan 31, 2022
Hello everyone,

I have been trying to pay for my tourist visa application, but its not going through. By the way, im usung a gtb dollar card. The response i get is no connection. Has anyone experienced this?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DianneM: 12:05pm On Jan 31, 2022
Thank you very much
OloriOfMontreal:

Hi,

Apologies for the late response. You've probably figured out the link but just incase, here you go.
Link for invite code: https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal

Link to sign up: https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signup?lang=en

There's no one size fits all when it comes to what to submit as proofs of returning as cases are peculiar and Visa officers differ.
It's recommended that one shows substantial proof of adequate funding, financial/economical stability, family ties, personal assets, businesses, etc. If you're working, provide proofs of employment, letter from employer showing approval to be away for a period of time, paystubs, etc. If you own a business provide details of your business and funding. Provide details of any travel history.

Explain any lump sum in your account and provide proofs where necessary.

Write a detailed letter of explanation and include a letter of invitation from your spouse.

Hope this helps. Others can chime in.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by GodsOwn2004(m): 1:59pm On Jan 31, 2022
Please how do I tackle Visitor visa refusal based on 'family ties in Canada and in country of residence.

I am a spouse of a PGWP holder currently in canada.

@justwise, frankrobbin, Lekibobo,

Kindly assist
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadnad: 2:55pm On Jan 31, 2022
prettybimbim:
Hello everyone,

I have been trying to pay for my tourist visa application, but its not going through. By the way, im usung a gtb dollar card. The response i get is no connection. Has anyone experienced this?

I have been experiencing same issue for over a week
Once I get to payment page it shows error
Please let me know when you resolve same
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Obiorah8: 3:47pm On Jan 31, 2022
Good day, na spouse sponsorship
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fyfygal: 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2022
Nadnad:

I have been experiencing same issue for over a week
Once I get to payment page it shows error
Please let me know when you resolve same

I was able to continue login with my mobile phone and it went through.i experienced the same error severally on my laptop but then I switched to my phone.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by GodsOwn2004(m): 11:14pm On Jan 31, 2022
Please how do I tackle Visitor visa refusal based on 'family ties in Canada and in country of residence.

Kindly assist
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temas: 12:28am On Feb 01, 2022
GodsOwn2004:

Kindly assist

why not apply for SOWP ?.. VO sees you as a potential immigrant. #myopinion

Order your gcms note to have a good insight to why the VO think you ties in Canada outweigh your ties to your home country.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 4:12pm On Feb 01, 2022
Justwise or DisGuy, please unban DianneM. Looks like they got banned by the bot while trying to quote my previous post. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ditha(f): 9:03pm On Feb 01, 2022
This space has become so cold.. what is going on

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munamu: 5:12pm On Feb 02, 2022
Pls I need someone, I can pair up with for accommodation around Kitchener, Guelph, or any other place. Am a student of Conestoga. I just flew in. Am presently staying in an Airbnb in Kitchener.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lady2007: 2:33pm On Feb 03, 2022
Debbieeeeeee:

My new application is 8 working days now. I think they’re keeping to time. My sister applied and total timeline was 23 working days thereabouts
Please have you gotten a feedback

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ikemummy(m): 9:21pm On Feb 03, 2022
Greetings everyone. Please I need your advice. I am an international student in Canada. On the 9th of November 2021, I used the service of a registered Canadian Immigration Consultant to submit a visitor visa for my spouse and 1 year old daughter for the purpose of family reunification. The application has passed the normal processing time and no feedback from IRCC. I Have received 2 updates about the application via MP. In the first update on 12 Dec 2021, they said IRCC is reviewing for eligibility. In the second update this week Monday, they said update received from IRCC is not different from what they received in Dec 2021(which suggest no progress since then). This week, my consultant sent a webform to inform IRCC that the application has passed the normal processing time but no response yet.
The application was submitted via a designated portal for registered Canadian Immigration consultants. Please is it advisable for me to submit another application using the new portal such that I have two active applications? I will really appreciate your advice. Thanks a lot.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayifeanyi1234: 10:44pm On Feb 03, 2022
I personally don’t see anything wrong with submitting another application.Either one gets a decision first, you can withdraw the other.

You can also ask on study permit trend.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teau: 11:52am On Feb 04, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Please which is the best bank and fastest to apply for PTA in Nigeria?

Also do they still give cash or would it be cards?

Thank you.

Regards
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ikemummy(m): 3:38pm On Feb 04, 2022
Thank you very much. I am grateful
jayifeanyi1234:
I personally don’t see anything wrong with submitting another application.Either one gets a decision first, you can withdraw the other.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by megastu(m): 5:15pm On Feb 04, 2022
But they have warned about submitting more than one application in order to hasten the decision process. Both may be refused.
jayifeanyi1234:

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 11:04pm On Feb 04, 2022
Submitting another application would add to the backlogs and it is a red flag for despiration, which could force VO to pay more attention and investigation into your documents.

Only applications CIC advised to be resubmitted were those submitted before September 2021. And CIC said "no need to submit if you wish to be patience and no need to submit if you submitted after September that all application will be processed". This sentence indicates CIC discouraged resubmission and multiple applications for one applicant.

megastu:
But they have warned about submitting more than one application in order to hasten the decision process. Both may be refused.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Iamajala: 4:37am On Feb 05, 2022
Hello house,

Please for those who has gone for biometric recently, did you go with your passport to VFS on the day of your biometric? even though they only request for it after visa is approved.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 12:24pm On Feb 05, 2022
Your original passport is needed at vfs. First, you can't even enter at the entrance gate by the security without it, secondly, vfs will asks for it to verifies you and they collect from you and seal it in a folder, return the folder to you and only open by the person that will capture and take your finger prints. So please, go with your original passport and make 2 copies of it.

Iamajala:
Hello house,

Please for those who has gone for biometric recently, did you go with your passport to VFS on the day of your biometric? even though they only request for it after visa is approved.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Iamajala: 2:06pm On Feb 05, 2022
Lezy:
Your original passport is needed at vfs. First, you can't event enter at the entrance gate by the security without it, secondly, vfs will asks for it to verifies you and they collect from you and seal it in a folder, return the folder to you and only open by the person that will capture and take your finger prints. So please, go with your original passport and make 2 copies of it.

Ok thanks so much, but it will be returned to me after biometric capturing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (1094) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Lynoverse(m), mobenjackson(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.