Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,602 members, 7,823,618 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2335146 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (1107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Marpol: 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2022
Iamajala:

Ok thanks so much, but it will be returned to me after biometric capturing?

Yes.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Iamajala: 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2022
Marpol:

Yes.

God bless you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ican2020: 11:58am On Feb 06, 2022
I had gone through many pages and I want to say you guys are really doing a great job here , keep it up and thanks.

I need help on long stay in Canada and where do I begin from?

Long stay for my family and I, no relatives there , just I, my wife and 3 boys that are above 15 but less than 20 years

Pointing us to the right place will be appreciated
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 12:04pm On Feb 06, 2022
GodsOwn2004:
Please how do I tackle Visitor visa refusal based on 'family ties in Canada and in country of residence.

I am a spouse of a PGWP holder currently in canada.

@justwise, frankrobbin, Lekibobo,

Kindly assist

You need to first request for your GCMS notes to find out the main reason why your visa application was refused before you can takle the problem properly.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teau: 4:37pm On Feb 06, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Please which is the best bank and fastest to apply for PTA in Nigeria?

Also do they still give cash or would it be cards?

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by GodsOwn2004(m): 6:09pm On Feb 06, 2022
Thank you.

mrprolifik:

You need to first request for your GCMS notes to find out the main reason why your visa application was refused before you can takle the problem properly.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 9:34am On Feb 08, 2022
Has anyone recently applied on new portal and make payment successfully , because it's declining transaction I keep having even after I used subscribed access bank signsture card for payment.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 10:41am On Feb 08, 2022
Bostin:
Has anyone recently applied on new portal and make payment successfully , because it's declining transaction I keep having even after I used subscribed access bank signsture card for payment.

Try using Visa credit card or visa prepaid card that is also registered for online banking.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 12:21pm On Feb 08, 2022
mrprolifik:

Try using Visa credit card or visa prepaid card that is also registered for online banking.
The access bank signature card is a prepaid card but I will keep trying ..thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 12:34pm On Feb 08, 2022
Bostin:
The access bank signature card is a prepaid card but I will keep trying ..thank you
Prepaid Mastercard or prepaid visa card?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MondayJusaw(m): 1:10pm On Feb 08, 2022
etyno:
Thanks for your response.
I said what I said cos that's the information I I have
I am in a WhatsApp group of almost 100 person's on the AIPP route and I have seen only 1 inland applicant with 9 months timeline. Every other person are 6months or less.
Infact, one person got PR in just one month in December.
A friend got hers in Nov 2021 within 5months and she's the one who introduced me to AIPP Route.
All Outland applicants have been waiting for like forever though.

Stop making it sound like a lie cos cases are different like you said.
Thanks

Please can you add me to the WhatsApp group? Should I dm?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Donbaba123: 8:30pm On Feb 08, 2022
Please is 1.7m sitting balance but good inflows is not too small to apply for 7 days canada tourist visa? And again have applied before in 2020 but the application was not treated till now and I think we were told to apply again with the new portal, do i still need to go to vfs for biometric again? or I should just fill a new application, submit the documents online and pay the visa fees..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ikemummy(m): 11:57pm On Feb 08, 2022
Greetings everyone. Please how do I find cheap flights from Canada to Nigeria? Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ditha(f): 12:01am On Feb 09, 2022
Hi your biometrics is valid for 10years so you won't need a new one. you just have to submit a new application
Donbaba123:
Please is 1.7m sitting balance but good inflows is not too small to apply for 7 days canada tourist visa? And again have applied before in 2020 but the application was not treated till now and I think we were told to apply again with the new portal, do i still need to go to vfs for biometric again? or I should just fill a new application, submit the documents online and pay the visa fees..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Donbaba123: 1:08am On Feb 09, 2022
ditha:
Hi your biometrics is valid for 10years so you won't need a new one. you just have to submit a new application

Okay thanks, how abt the sitting balance at the moment? Good to go?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ditha(f): 2:20am On Feb 09, 2022
I can't say but since that is slightly above 4000cad, it is theoretically sufficient
Donbaba123:

Okay thanks, how abt the sitting balance at the moment? Good to go?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nikanne: 1:55pm On Feb 09, 2022
bishopkinkin:
considering how long your application has been, my best advise is for you to reapply and this time using the New Portal. I'm sure that would be best.
Hi. My situation is similar. When reapplying do I pay new visa fees?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Uju4real002: 6:34pm On Feb 09, 2022
ikemummy:
Greetings everyone. Please how do I find cheap flights from Canada to Nigeria? Thanks.

Check EGYPT AIR, my mum used it on Sunday to travel is cheaper, remember to book going and coming if u are using a visiting visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Uju4real002: 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2022
Nikanne:

Hi. My situation is similar. When reapplying do I pay new visa fees?

Yes a new Visa fee
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ican2020: 5:25am On Feb 10, 2022
ican2020:
I had gone through many pages and I want to say you guys are really doing a great job here , keep it up and thanks.

I need help on long stay in Canada and where do I begin from?

Long stay for my family and I, no relatives there , just I, my wife and 3 boys that are above 15 but less than 20 years
Pointing us to the right place will be appreciated
Someone should respond to this, please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 8:41am On Feb 10, 2022
Good morning!
My VV application got refused for same reason yesterday. Have you gotten any help regarding this? Kindly reach out to me Sis.

GodsOwn2004:
Please how do I tackle Visitor visa refusal based on 'family ties in Canada and in country of residence.

I am a spouse of a PGWP holder currently in canada.

@justwise, frankrobbin, Lekibobo,

Kindly assist
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dreiwizzy: 11:40am On Feb 10, 2022
a friend of mine was contacted by his social media contact (married woman) who resides in Canada over a job she got for him; let's say she contacted him and made recommendation of jobs available for him.
this my friend studied Mechanical engineering technology. he has less funds with him, but confide in me that he can sort out funds if only he can get a comprehensive requirements/costs of traveling to Canada.
my questions are these.. what are these requirements? what type of visa will be eligible for him? and lastly, since the lady is willing to assist him with a job, what is expected from the lady to do, questions to ask her concerning this arrangements etc.
cc: JustWise . I need your input on this matter. Thank you guys.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 12:11pm On Feb 10, 2022
Dreiwizzy:
a friend of mine was contacted by his social media contact (married woman) who resides in Canada over a job she got for him; let's say she contacted him and made recommendation of jobs available for him.
this my friend studied Mechanical engineering technology. he has less funds with him, but confide in me that he can sort out funds if only he can get a comprehensive requirements/costs of traveling to Canada.
my questions are these.. what are these requirements? what type of visa will be eligible for him? and lastly, since the lady is willing to assist him with a job, what is expected from the lady to do, questions to ask her concerning this arrangements etc.
cc: JustWise . I need your input on this matter. Thank you guys.

The employer would need to get an approved LMIA ( labour market impact assessment) and get your friend a letter of employment then your friend can start the process of applying for a temporary work permit outside Canada.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dreiwizzy: 12:16pm On Feb 10, 2022
mrprolifik:

The employer would need to get an approved LMIA ( labour market impact assessment) and get your friend a letter of employment then your friend can start the process of applying for a temporary work permit outside Canada.
Thanks for your input. Please what will it cost him to apply for this temporary work permit
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 12:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
Dreiwizzy:
Thanks for your input. Please what will it cost him to apply for this temporary work permit

It cost $155 cad to apply for a temporary work permit. Let me also add that if the LMIA is approved and your friend gets a letter of employment and eventually apply and get the work permit approved. He can only work for that employer when he gets to Canada . This is because a work permit based on LMIA approval is an "employer specific work permit and not an open work permit".

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Talksub(m): 12:51pm On Feb 10, 2022
Hello ,

I go an additional document request to make a payment of $85 , however I did not know what the money was for . After making payment and uploading the receipt I go a Biometric request letter. I have a currently valid biometric hence I am surprised the are asking for a biometric or is it because my old biometric had my maiden name ?

Please what do I do ? I can’t travel to do another biometrics and my old biometric with my previous last night is still valid till 2027 . Please what do I do .

I already raised a web form

Can you give me an email address of ircc so I can send a copy of my valid biometric

Or a contact number

I am confused

How do I contact ircc .. please kindly assist if you have any info
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 1:23pm On Feb 10, 2022
Talksub:
Hello ,

I go an additional document request to make a payment of $85 , however I did not know what the money was for . After making payment and uploading the receipt I go a Biometric request letter. I have a currently valid biometric hence I am surprised the are asking for a biometric or is it because my old biometric had my maiden name ?

Please what do I do ? I can’t travel to do another biometrics and my old biometric with my previous last night is still valid till 2027 . Please what do I do .

I already raised a web form

Can you give me an email address of ircc so I can send a copy of my valid biometric

Or a contact number

I am confused

How do I contact ircc .. please kindly assist if you have any info

Did you use a different passport?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Talksub(m): 2:55pm On Feb 10, 2022
Yes I changed my passport number, because my old one expired. Could that be the reason
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 3:16pm On Feb 10, 2022
Talksub:
Yes I changed my passport number, because my old one expired. Could that be the reason

It could be a reason. And secondly you made mention on changing name. That means their system wont recognise you except you do another biometrics. Lastly when filling the form online for the visa , the part that asked if you answered other names in the past ,what did you fill in there?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziude: 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2022
ican2020:

Someone should respond to this, please

www.cic.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by holyjacket: 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2022
Has anyone received passport request recently via the new portal

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lamash: 8:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
mrprolifik:

It could be a reason. And secondly you made mention on changing name. That means their system wont recognise you except you do another biometrics. Lastly when filling the form online for the visa , the part that asked if you answered other names in the past ,what did you fill in there?

Mr prolific, please I sent you an email. Kindly reach out. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (1107) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: tblaze007(m), Spares, Fashanu123 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.