Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2328027 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (1103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by misterbd: 10:12am On Oct 02, 2016
sacredhearts:

Your gettin one year visa via online application is inline with the info available to me. I would really like someone who personally got more than 6months visa as a first timer via paper route to affirm otherwise though because I dont really believe in hearsay

I got 17 months as a first timer in 2013
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 9:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
Jayfierce/Bigfido, I need your assistance. I want to get flight itinerary but do not have an agent, as the one I know is not around presently. Can you guys reference anyone? Just give me a nod and I will send a pm, provided it cannot be done here.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Aaqibpk: 7:22am On Oct 03, 2016
Hello everyone I need help
I'm currently studying in USA but I'm from Pakistan. I want to apply visit visa for Canada. I checked their website that I need biometric after the submition of application and I need to visit VAC at newyork but right now I'm in Michigan. Is there is any way I can do my biometric from my state or I need to go to Visa application centre in New York for biometric ?
Please reply me, I'm very confuse
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 1:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
RedReact:
Jayfierce/Bigfido, I need your assistance. I want to get flight itinerary but do not have an agent, as the one I know is not around presently. Can you guys reference anyone? Just give me a nod and I will send a pm, provided it cannot be done here.

Me I just booked flight online without payment and I printed it. That was what I did
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
Aaqibpk:
I'm currently studying in USA but I'm from Pakistan. I want to apply visit visa for Canada. I checked their website that I need biometric after the submition of application and I need to visit VAC at newyork but right now I'm in Michigan. Is there is any way I can do my biometric from my state or I need to go to Visa application centre in New York for biometric ?
Thanks

You will have to go to either New York or LA. Sad, but it is what it is.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 1:19pm On Oct 03, 2016
137 days. Not even, "hello"

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2016
bigfido:

Me I just booked flight online without payment and I printed it. That was what I did
Like myself now, I plan to fly Qatar Airways. Should I go ahead with the booking, knowing fully well that my booking will be canceled after 24 hours. Won't it be false representation?

:
The tunnel is almost approaching its end.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lawmerchant: 5:38am On Oct 04, 2016
Aaqibpk:
Thanks
You may be able to provide your biometrics using the services of Application Support Center (ASC) operated by the US Citizenship & Immigration Services close to you. Go to the link below, enter your country and age and CAREFULLY read the information provided with regards to providing biometrics through ASC
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lawmerchant: 5:45am On Oct 04, 2016
Aaqibpk:
Thanks

[/b]If you apply from within the United States[b]

You can apply online or to the VAC in New York or California. Do not send mail to a Canadian visa office in the US.

CIC will send you a biometric instruction letter by mail or by email through your MyCIC account when we receive your application. Follow the instructions in the letter. Print a copy and bring it along with your passport or travel document when you go to the biometric collection centre.

Go to a VAC in New York or California, [/b]or go to an Application Support Center (ASC) between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to give your biometrics. You do not need to make an appointment.

Go to the ASC closest to the zip code you gave on your application.[b]

Your $85 CAD biometric fee covers the cost of having your biometrics taken at the ASC.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:46am On Oct 04, 2016
bigfido:

Hello. grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:52am On Oct 04, 2016
RedReact:
Were you able to get your itinerary?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sevenody: 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
Guys I'm a bit confused here.
The checklist says all documents should be original not photocopies.
Should I submit originals of CAC reg papers, marriage certificate etc? I thought it's only passport that should be original I'm a paper application. Pls help clarify
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 4:03pm On Oct 04, 2016
jayfierce:

Were you able to get your itinerary?
Hi Jay, I have not gotten it, I plan to book online tonight; the thing therein is that my booking will be canceled after 48 hours of no pay, but I intend to use it like that grin grin grin
@Bigfido, I could sight you. What sayest thou to my plan?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 4:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
Sevenody:
Guys I'm a bit confused here.
The checklist says all documents should be original not photocopies.
Should I submit originals of CAC reg papers, marriage certificate etc? I thought it's only passport that should be original I'm a paper application. Pls help clarify
You can have the photocopies notarized/certified by a notary lawyer.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 6:00pm On Oct 04, 2016
RedReact:

Hi Jay, I have not gotten it, I plan to book online tonight; the thing therein is that my booking will be canceled after 48 hours of no pay, but I intend to use it like that grin grin grin
@Bigfido, I could sight you. What sayest thou to my plan?

Na wetin meself do be that o
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brotundes: 7:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
Is it all the photocopies should a lawyer certified?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by faskare: 7:08pm On Oct 04, 2016
Aaqibpk:
Thanks
You need to visit NYC as they attend to only those who want to visit while the Los Angeles VAC office attend to students and work permit extension. In conclusion, you have to go to New York
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by faskare: 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2016
awelekiti:
My first Canada visa a decade ago was one yr and I applied via paper route, no even online application as at that time. I reapplied via same means and got 4 years. The last one which was applied for, online when online application was super fast,was also 4 years. It doesn't matter which route you applied through. I think visa applicants' experiences differ and peculiar to other embassies, using my case as an example. My first US visa was 3 months and people that saw it said it's rare to see a 3-month US B1/B2 visa. Some others said they're only aware of 2 years visa. My first UK visit visa was 6 months, there were first time UK applicants who got 2 years visit visa. Probably the VOS use their discretions, I wouldn't know.
I agree with you. My TRV application early this year took just 2 months as I applied Feb 16th and my passport was requested before April 20th though online route and a strong travel history. We applied as a family, and we have different expiry dates based on our passports(2017,18,19,20)...and all multiple entries. So, I feel the VO determines whatever suites them in decision making

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
faskare:

You need to visit NYC as they attend to only those who want to visit while the Los Angeles VAC office attend to students and work permit extension. In conclusion, you have to go to New York

Including when going the online route? What are VACs for, and what are ASCs for? I have always believed it has to be the NY or LA way though, but somehow feeling that may not be entirely correct considering the paper and online route differentials. Let's explore this some bit

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Including when going the online route? What are VACs for, and what are ASCs for? I have always believed it has to be the NY or LA way though, but somehow feeling that may not be entirely correct considering the paper and online route differentials. Let's explore this some bit

Correct. He's only asking for a center to provide his biometrics and if his application is done online he can go to an ASC closest to him to give his biometrics.

If he needs information he should contact the embassy or VAC center closest to him.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by faskare: 11:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
bigfido:

You will have to go to either New York or LA. Sad, but it is what it is.
Sorry, you must go to New York for visitors visa. LA don't attend to visitors visa they only attend to student and work permits ONLY
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 7:01am On Oct 05, 2016
faskare:

Sorry, you must go to New York for visitors visa. LA don't attend to visitors visa they only attend to student and work permits ONLY
Could you please show us on IRCC website where you got this information? Also please kindly explain the function of the ASC as described in the IRCC site below:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 8:37am On Oct 05, 2016
jayfierce:

Could you please show us on IRCC website where you got this information? Also please kindly explain the function of the ASC as described in the IRCC site below:

Bro, did you get my email?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:54am On Oct 05, 2016
bigfido:

Bro, did you get my email?

How old is your application today and have you done them a case enquiry?

Processing times dropped by 1 day so am wondering what's up with them.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 11:42am On Oct 05, 2016
jayfierce:

The first paragraph here in this snapshot in my opinion means you either go the online route and give your biometrics at the ASC closest to /most convenient for you OR you go the "paper" route by submitting your application to the VAC at either NY or LA depending on the type of application.
Then, from the last and highlighted paragraph, ASCs cannot receive these applications in question but can accept applicants (after CIC has received their application and sent them the biometrics instruction letter) for the purpose of biometrics giving/collection.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 11:43am On Oct 05, 2016
jayfierce:

How old is your application today and have you done them a case enquiry?

Processing times dropped by 1 day so am wondering what's up with them.

I just sent them case specific enquiries. It's 139 days today o. Pikin wey dem born since when I apply don due for weaning

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 12:11pm On Oct 05, 2016
It is a real wa o, Bigfido. Why delay someone's application unnecessarily?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 12:25pm On Oct 05, 2016
@Bigfido sir: Yours is also over-delaying now oh! Two more days to go too IMO. Do smile back at fortune Bruv, cheers
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2016
^^^
That is really terrible.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2016
OmoBendel24:

The first paragraph here in this snapshot in my opinion means you either go the online route and give your biometrics at the ASC closest to /most convenient for you OR you go the "paper" route by submitting your application to the VAC at either NY or LA depending on the type of application.
Then, from the last and highlighted paragraph, ASCs cannot receive these applications in question but can accept applicants (after CIC has received their application and sent them the biometrics instruction letter) for the purpose of biometrics giving/collection.
Totally agree. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 8:22am On Oct 06, 2016
140 days! undecided

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by irebami16: 10:22am On Oct 06, 2016
bigfido:
140 days! undecided
Bigfido, Pls when in May did u submit your application and biometric?

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (1103) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.