Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2324883 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 11:00am On Oct 06, 2016
irebami16:

Bigfido, Pls when in May did u submit your application and biometric?

May19, biometrics, May 20
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by irebami16: 11:39am On Oct 06, 2016
bigfido:

May19, biometrics, May 20
u r my oga i pray u will hear good news dis week.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoAje1: 3:48pm On Oct 06, 2016
Hello House,

Please I need ur assistance, is it compulsory to upload the marriage certificate n children's birth certificate. If compulsory under which uploadable option I should upload it. Is it under letter of explanation or Purpose of travel.

Secondly, under proof of relationship with my invitee ; can I upload the pictures I took with my invitee because I hv uploaded the invitation letter n his immigrant card on invitation letter option.

Thanks for usual cooperation
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2016
^^^
Are you trying online application too?
Why not try offline?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoAje1: 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
RedReact:
^^^
Are you trying online application too?
Why not try offline?

I will be traveling to UK next month that is why am applying thru online version. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ajobi21: 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2016
[quote author=OmoAje1 post=49970842]Hello House,

Please I need ur assistance, is it compulsory to upload the marriage certificate n children's birth certificate. If compulsory under which uploadable option I should upload it. Is it under letter of explanation or Purpose of travel.

I don't they request for child's BC in online...at least, it wasn't requested in mine. For your marriage certificate, it will be written there for you to just click and upload.

I believe you can still upload the letter of invitation and maybe data page of the invitee on proof of relationship.

P.S...i Just submitted and yet to get a response but these are my own thoughts.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 7:20pm On Oct 06, 2016
OmoAje1:
Hello House,

Secondly, under proof of relationship with my invitee ; can I upload the pictures I took with my invitee because I hv uploaded the invitation letter n his immigrant card on invitation letter option.
There's an instruction panel to the right with an "i" click it for examples of what you can submit as proof of relationship.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nam16: 8:05pm On Oct 06, 2016
you better apply when you return frm ur trip via paper apps...so u wont get dissapointed
OmoAje1:

I will be traveling to UK next month that is why am applying thru online version. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nam16: 8:09pm On Oct 06, 2016
did u apply online? my mum apps was ready 29sep,submittd 4aug..
bigfido:
140 days! undecided
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paparazzi1987(m): 12:09am On Oct 07, 2016
nam16:
did u apply online? my mum apps was ready 29sep,submittd 4aug..

Your mum app, was it Online or paper route?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ajobi21: 9:59am On Oct 07, 2016
paparazzi1987:

Your mum app, was it Online or paper route?

@paparazzi...abeg answer oo, we are many waiting for your response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Alutaprophet(m): 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2016
Pls answer oooo mine was on d 29th of July via online route and nothing yet
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2016
Just got a message about my application being updated. But I can't find any update on my profile. @Jayfierce isn't this the same thing that happened to you? Did you get any other email from them after the ghost email?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 3:02pm On Oct 07, 2016
bigfido:
Just got a message about my application being updated. But I can't find any update on my profile. @Jayfierce isn't this the same thing that happened to you? Did you get any other email from them after the ghost email?
That's good.
Yes I got another mail. It was "You have a new message in your account"
I've already explained the ghost update. Someone is working on your files.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2016
jayfierce:

That's good.
Yes I got another mail. It was "You have a new message in your account"
I've already explained the ghost update. Someone is working on your files.

Yea I think so too.. I just hope they approve it. Have you sent your passport?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gg4real: 4:19pm On Oct 07, 2016
lets wait and see...hopefully next week it will come out. Set your mind at Approval bro

bigfido:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by WESTERNCR: 5:28pm On Oct 07, 2016
Good.
CIC is finally working on your files.....just take a chill pill lol...your approval is on the way

quote author=bigfido post=49999233]Just got a message about my application being updated. But I can't find any update on my profile. @Jayfierce isn't this the same thing that happened to you? Did you get any other email from them after the ghost email? [/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadeebee78: 5:58pm On Oct 07, 2016
Hello @jayfirece have you picked your passport up yet?

@bigfido that means good news is coming your way.

Now praying for dollar to at least "crash" tickets to Canada no be beans o.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 07, 2016
shadeebee78:

Airfare at the moment no be beans, I tell you. I finally settled for BA. They're offering amazing discount to World Traveller (economy) class customers on their London,USA and Canada routes, to celebrate Nigeria @ 56. It's the cheapest, for now. I encourage anyone travelling to Canada to also give it a try.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 7:05pm On Oct 07, 2016
bigfido:

Yes I have sent the passport since last week. Not close to any VAC centre so it's going the long way round via United Parcel Services.

shadeebee78:

Asides UPS's funny operations, the package got delayed because of Edo elections and public holiday. Will let you know once I get it back grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeus001(m): 8:05pm On Oct 07, 2016
Hello guys. I hail o. Am new here but I've been following the discussions for sometime now. This is actually my very first post on nairaland. smiley grin
I applied for Canada visitor visa thru the online platform on the 20th of September and did biometrics on the 21st. But from the discussions here am beginning to feel like it's gonna take a while before I get a response from these people. Perhaps i should have just done it thru the paper means. Chai! undecided cry embarassedThe suspense sucks but nothing else to do now than to sit back and wait.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 07, 2016
zeus001:
Hello guys. I hail o. Am new here but I've been following the discussions for sometime now. This is actually my very first post on nairaland. smiley grin
I applied for Canada visitor visa thru the online platform on the 20th of September and did biometrics on the 21st. But from the discussions here am beginning to feel like it's gonna take a while before I get a response from these people. Perhaps i should have just done it thru the paper means. Chai! undecided cry embarassedThe suspense sucks but nothing else to do now than to sit back and wait.
Find out if they've started processing your application. If they've not, you can actually withdraw it and seek refund( this could take a while though) .You may now go the paper route. Otherwise, just chill and begin to count days wink
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 10:46pm On Oct 07, 2016
angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 7:39am On Oct 08, 2016
RedReact:
angry angry angry
Lol.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 7:47am On Oct 08, 2016
^^^
Oga Jay, didn't know even vfs had sluggishness in them. Went to submit my app yesterday, with everything intact, only for me to be told my employment history had to be 10 years. Na so I turn back. They should have called have these things checked before they called one but no.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 8:28am On Oct 08, 2016
RedReact:
^^^
Oga Jay, didn't know even vfs had sluggishness in them. Went to submit my app yesterday, with everything intact, only for me to be told my employment history had to be 10 years. Na so I turn back. They should have called have these things checked before they called one but no.
Please explain what you mean by your employment history has to be 10 years. Are you applying for work at VFS? Give the full story biko, space dey here. grin

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 8:47am On Oct 08, 2016
jayfierce:

Please explain what you mean by your employment history has to be 10 years. Are you applying for work at VFS? Give the full story biko, space dey here. grin
In the application form, under Employment section, the form says you should give details of your employment for the past 10 years. I filled and they said my employment history is not up to 10 years, so I had to augment meant it with my studentship, or what have you. This happened after 3 hours of picking a ticket.

I believe someone should have been assigned to do a check on this before and make some necessary amendments.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 9:34am On Oct 08, 2016
RedReact:

In the application form, under Employment section, the form says you should give details of your employment for the past 10 years. I filled and they said my employment history is not up to 10 years, so I had to augment meant it with my studentship, or what have you. This happened after 3 hours of picking a ticket.

I believe someone should have been assigned to do a check on this before and make some necessary amendments.
OK I understand. No section should be left blank. All activity withing the 10 years should be accounted for.

Except they are paid to assist you with your form you can't really blame them. Good luck bro.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 9:38am On Oct 08, 2016
Thank you, my brother. I will go there next week; but those guys there are slow.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeus001(m): 10:43am On Oct 08, 2016
awelekiti:
Find out if they've started processing your application. If they've not, you can actually withdraw it and seek refund( this could take a while though) .You may now go the paper route. Otherwise, just chill and begin to count days wink

Biko how do I find out if they've started processing my app? So far I've been checking thru the online portal with my GCkey log in and til now nothing yet. Is there another way to check if they've started working on my app? I didn't know it's possible to seek refund after submitting an app online and then do the paper app. Kindly put me thru. This is all new to me abeg.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obeke(m): 10:50am On Oct 08, 2016
Submitted mine online in May too, got a mail to submit passport and was given 5years. A bit of patience will go a long way if correct documents have been submitted. Thanks all

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obeke(m): 10:51am On Oct 08, 2016
Submitted mine online in May too, got a mail to submit passport and was given 5years visa last week. bit of patience will go a long way if correct documents have been submitted. Thanks all

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: nextBIGthing, Honora24, tblaze007(m), House34, Anndav(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.