Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2305922 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (1093) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
brotundes:
Am going on tourism, for sight seen @toronto between 18-29 december. Am staying @ hotel
brotundes:
But in my form I filled d cost of my trip including what I will like to buy for my family while coming home. Am spending 11days there

You need to get an idea of your hotel bills, return flight ticket, tour package (optional), shopping budget, transportation budget, and incidental allowance.

Please search google for a hotel and tour booking service. Inquire from your agent the cost of your flight and compare with online self-service platforms for a cheaper option.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by misterbd: 2:45pm On Sep 29, 2016
october01:
Hello House, do Canadian embassy gives visa to Tourist on hotel reservation because i was told they only give visa based on invitation especially for first time visa applicant to canada. response wld be appreciated

They do.don't let anyone mislead you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by misterbd: 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
manlikegb:

@misterbd Any particular reason why Niagara Falls should not be listed as one of the places to visit during Christmas? Trying to learn.

It's usually very cold during winter,and most of the tourist attractions won't be there.Best time to visit is summer,but its just my own advice
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by misterbd: 2:56pm On Sep 29, 2016
RedReact:

If he were a tourist, he would not need any invitation but may be asked his hotel booking and some questions about his visit.

Just provide proof of where you'd be staying.confirmed hotel booking or details of your host will suffice
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by misterbd: 2:58pm On Sep 29, 2016
RedReact:
@brotundes, sponsorship for tourism may not be tenable to these people. They will believe that a person may go on tourism if he has his funds to spend and may also want to think someone being sponsored for tourism may not want to come back home. I stand to be corrected though.

Well said.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2016
ayepogan:
I submitted my visitor visa application online in May, 27th to be precise, did my biometrics on the 31st of May. This is now September and still no update, I don't even know who to call for inquiry but can testify the 60 days on their website isn't accurate.

My application took 136 days before passport request. Submitted online 14th May 2016. You can check my posts for correspondence with IRCC and their agents.

You can also try contacting them but you would still need to wait till it gets to your turn. Been there, done that, got a tshirt grin

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2016
^^^
Experience is talking grin grin grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nam16: 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2016
i just pity online applicants...you just have to wait..most paper application submitted 1st wk of aug has been ready for collection since tuesday and ongoing.... have said it several times for future applicants...DO NOT APPLY ONLINE till feb '17..
ayepogan:
I submitted my visitor visa application online in May, 27th to be precise, did my biometrics on the 31st of May. This is now September and still no update, I don't even know who to call for inquiry but can testify the 60 days on their website isn't accurate.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nam16: 4:45pm On Sep 29, 2016
don't mess your application up...don't use sponsor...fund and run your account well and patiently arrange your docs and submit via PAPER...
brotundes:
Thanks on that so how much can some1 hv in an account for tourism?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 4:57pm On Sep 29, 2016
nam16:
i just pity online applicants...you just have to wait..most paper application submitted 1st wk of aug has been ready for collection since tuesday and ongoing.... have said it several times for future applicants...DO NOT APPLY ONLINE till feb '17..
Anyone that has patience like jayfierce can do online too na, haba!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fedric(m): 8:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
please. i wonna go to canada with the purpose of staying there permanently, please how posible it is?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 8:15pm On Sep 29, 2016
Fedric:
please. i wonna go to canada with the purpose of staying there permanently, please how posible it is?

Canada has several immigration programs. Check out www.cic.gc.ca
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fedric(m): 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2016
jayfierce:

thank u
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fedric(m): 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2016
jayfierce:

thank u
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:12pm On Sep 29, 2016
Fedric:
thank u

Uwc smiley
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Alutaprophet(m): 1:22am On Sep 30, 2016
Fedric:
thank u
ok
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Alutaprophet(m): 1:27am On Sep 30, 2016
Please i need urgent assistance, i have applied for canada visa thru online route since July 29th and the conference is fast approaching specifically Oct 11,,, What can i do?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by WESTERNCR: 6:57am On Sep 30, 2016
Send them a case specific enquiry or send cic an email

Alutaprophet:
Please i need urgent assistance, i have applied for canada visa thru online route since July 29th and the conference is fast approaching specifically Oct 11,,, What can i do?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by october01: 8:23am On Sep 30, 2016
Hello House, is an account balance of 3.8 million suitable for application for Canadian tourist visa for a family of 4. Travel History includes UK, Germany and US. Response wld be appreciated
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by october01: 8:23am On Sep 30, 2016
Hello House, will an account balance of 3.8 million suitable for application for Canadian tourist visa for a family of 4. Travel History includes UK, Germany and US. Response wld be appreciated
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 8:39am On Sep 30, 2016
october01:
Hello House, will an account balance of 3.8 million suitable for application for Canadian tourist visa for a family of 4. Travel History includes UK, Germany and US. Response wld be appreciated

1. Please search google for hotel cost for the number of days that you would stay.
2. Inquire from your agent the cost of your flight and compare with online self-service platforms for a cheaper option.
3. Check the cost of a tour package if you would need one.
4. Estimate your feeding and transportation costs.
5. Also have some incidental allowance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 8:58am On Sep 30, 2016
Alutaprophet:

WESTERNCR:
Send them a case specific enquiry or send cic an email

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp#q2

Alutaprophet, note that your application is still within processing times. However, you can still try.

Please fill the form correctly and upload your payment for the conference and flight booking if you did any. Upload any other payment you've made towards the conference and submit.

Let's hope for the best.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by misterbd: 9:48am On Sep 30, 2016
october01:

Is your US visa stil valid? If yes,say you'd be visiting canada from the US,and you'd spend max 5days.the amount you have is good enough.dont book expensive airlines,qatar is quite affordable.check booking.com for hotels,don't book expensive one.for tour packages ,check viator.com,one or two tour packages is fair enough if you are spending 5days

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ajobi21: 12:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
Hello house, I have been struggling with compressing a pdf file and thought someone may be able to help. I already compressed from 9mb to 4.13 but its not compressing any further and I can't upload unless it is 4mb. I can't take out anything cus its my financial evidence so its quite bulky...any tips pls. I want to submit today ooo smiley smiley smiley
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 1:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
^^^
Madam, why you no wan do offline? grin grin grin

The problem with the compression is that further compression can remove detail out of the document, making it not eye-friendly. Maybe you scan to pdf instead of scanning to jpeg first and then convert to pdf.
@Jayfierce n bigfido, your helps are needed.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sacredhearts: 2:04pm On Sep 30, 2016
I just heard that online applications usually get trv's for the lifetime of their passport while offline na starndard 6months. Any contrasting info?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2016
ajobi21:
Hello house, I have been struggling with compressing a pdf file and thought someone may be able to help. I already compressed from 9mb to 4.13 but its not compressing any further and I can't upload unless it is 4mb. I can't take out anything cus its my financial evidence so its quite bulky...any tips pls. I want to submit today ooo smiley smiley smiley

RedReact:
^^^
Madam, why you no wan do offline? grin grin grin
The problem with the compression is that further compression can remove detail out of the document, making it not eye-friendly. Maybe you scan to pdf instead of scanning to jpeg first and then convert to pdf.
@Jayfierce n bigfido, your helps are needed.

In addition, if you scanned individual files to pdf first, then you need to select the ones that are very clear from the files and resize them further before combining them.

If you scanned in jpeg first, then try and crop out unnecessary details first before converting it to pdf. Then resize the clearer pdf files further.

There are some files that you may not need. Scrutinize and remove accordingly.

Enough has been said about online vs paper application.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 2:39pm On Sep 30, 2016
sacredhearts:
I just heard that online applications usually get trv's for the lifetime of their passport while offline na starndard 6months. Any contrasting info?

And how did you come about that information? From a friend or IRCC?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by WESTERNCR: 3:11pm On Sep 30, 2016
A very good question.

jayfierce:

And how did you come about that information? From a friend or IRCC?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadeebee78: 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
That is not true. I applied online and I got one year visa after waiting for four months . I know of people who did paper application and got till validity of passport . I am actually waiting to see how long @jayfirece will get.

quote author=sacredhearts post=49801101]I just heard that online applications usually get trv's for the lifetime of their passport while offline na starndard 6months. Any contrasting info?[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 4:45pm On Sep 30, 2016
Sacredhearts, abeg come back for the complete gist o. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 6:38pm On Sep 30, 2016
Day 134 just ended.. Cock no even crow for my email. No even "you account has been updated"

Tueh!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (1093) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: medus, House34, olaoluwa83 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.