Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,240 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2305672 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (1093) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 6:42pm On Sep 28, 2016
^^^
Walahi, you go bad gan. grin grin grin
I go try flight booking o, if possible but if I no get, I go coomot eye from there jare. Make una buy winter jacket come back for me o.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 7:07pm On Sep 28, 2016
RedReact:
^^^
Walahi, you go bad gan. grin grin grin
I go try flight booking o, if possible but if I no get, I go coomot eye from there jare. Make una buy winter jacket come back for me o.

Hope you nor dey mix up flight booking with flight itinerary? Biko I nor book flight oh. Na agent arrange flight itinerary for me.

If to say I book flight my money for get k-leg and e for pain me well well.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 8:52pm On Sep 28, 2016
I didn't even submit half of what jayfierce submitted! Kai! I didn't even write any planned itinerary for the trip. Just submitted required docs. Smh for me.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brotundes: 9:20pm On Sep 28, 2016
List out the documents u submitted for us to know
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 9:57pm On Sep 28, 2016
I no hear English to that level o, @Jayfierce.
At this juncture, I go park behind bigfido.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:03pm On Sep 28, 2016
bigfido:
I didn't even submit half of what jayfierce submitted! Kai! I didn't even write any planned itinerary for the trip. Just submitted required docs. Smh for me.

@bigfido. I only uploaded what i saw as examples from my instruction panel. What exactly do you mean by required documents?

@redreact. Buying a flight ticket is neither reasonable nor money wise as IRCC could still refuse your application. Cheaper and safer option is a flight itinerary which doesn't require you paying for the flight.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
jayfierce:
Travel History -
1. Cancelled(Renewed) Passport with Ghana entry and exit stamps (once), Dubai exit and entry stamps (once), expired six months UK visa used once.
2. New Passport with valid US visa used once.

Proof of Means of Financial Support -
1. Employment letter
2. Tax clearance certificate.
3. Four months payslip. Four months statement from current account, dollar account, and two savings account. Entered everything in my account as "funds available for my trip". Above $40,000 CAD.
4. Two landed properties(survey only).

Purpose of Travel -
1. Letter from employer with: Date of employment, official role, leave of absence(10 days), and hotel information.
2. Trip itinerary.
3. Flight itinerary (attached email from agent).
4. Hotel booking (Booking.com with free cancellation).

Letter of Explanation -
1. Purpose of visit, place of visit and reason for interest.
2. Explained funds availability through accounts linked to MasterCards.
3. Explained taking cash of $5,000 CAD with me as backup.
4. Explained large deposit due to liquidation of fixed deposit from a third bank. Attached fixed deposit certificate and email instruction for fixed deposit termination.

I am a first time applicant. Acted as sponsor to a relative over few years back who was refused twice on "purpose of visit" until we retrieved GCMS notes and "course of study" was the detailed reason. We abandoned the academic pursuit to Canada altogether.

mrkhaynoni, RedReact, irebami16, shadeebee78, october01, omobendel24, bigfido, johnpoko, WESTERNCR, misterbd
Your supporting documents were quite detailed and self-explanatory. Congrats. It's really worth the wait! I have a piece of info to share with you, since you said you're a first time canada visa holder. Our technician was almost refused entry last night in canada airport while passing through passport control because he forgot his invitation letter in lagos. The immigration guy said his round trip ticket he presented didn't suffice as he needed to also see his letter of invite. He wanted to contact our manufacturer but the wasn't allowed. The immigration guy was already threatening to send him to an office within, for secondary inspection. He's a first time visitor. Fortunately,he asked the guy if he could show him a soft copy of the invite which he had on his tablet( a downloaded copy) and he said ok. He collected the tablet from him and read the contents of the letter, after which he was admitted. Remember to have your invite handy, whenever you're set to take off. Hope this is informative! Have a safe trip!

7 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 7:25am On Sep 29, 2016
greatmagnus:
All these without a Landed property or shares certificate. A family of 3 with acct bal of 1.5M na God oh. smiley

What is the worth of the Fixed Investment Letter? Your fixed Investment Letter could carry a fat balance and that could be a factor too. Plus your employment plays a role too.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RandV: 9:19am On Sep 29, 2016
Hi Jayfierce,

Did you get an email for your passport request after the first email regarding update?

I got an update email last week friday, and till date, there's been no change whatsoever on the profile.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by october01: 9:41am On Sep 29, 2016
Hello House, do Canadian embassy gives visa to Tourist on hotel reservation because i was told they only give visa based on invitation especially for first time visa applicant to canada. response wld be appreciated
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Yomit2(m): 10:25am On Sep 29, 2016
Yes. You can use hotel reservation for tourist visa application

october01:
Hello House, do Canadian embassy gives visa to Tourist on hotel reservation because i was told they only give visa based on invitation especially for first time visa applicant to canada. response wld be appreciated
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brotundes: 10:29am On Sep 29, 2016
Pls house, what documents needed from someone sponsor his brother to canada on tourism? Need a responses pls.......
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 10:53am On Sep 29, 2016
misterbd:

You are welcome.how old are your daughters?I advice you get letter of introduction from their school,and plan your trip against when they'll be on holidays.if you are planning against Christmas,don't list Niagara Falls as part of the places you'd visit.

@misterbd Any particular reason why Niagara Falls should not be listed as one of the places to visit during Christmas? Trying to learn.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:55am On Sep 29, 2016
RandV:
Hi Jayfierce,

Did you get an email for your passport request after the first email regarding update?

I got an update email last week friday, and till date, there's been no change whatsoever on the profile.

Got an email with "Your application has been updated" last Saturday but there was no change to my application status.

I kept logging in on Monday to view my submitted application and I noticed the files were either being duplicated or segmented. Someone was working on them.

Tuesday's update notification was different: "You have a new message in your account". Logged in and saw passport request letter.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:28am On Sep 29, 2016
brotundes:
Pls house, what documents needed from someone sponsor his brother to canada on tourism? Need a responses pls.......

How old is your brother? Is he above or below 19?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brotundes: 11:40am On Sep 29, 2016
Is my uncle and is 48years old
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brotundes: 11:41am On Sep 29, 2016
Is my uncle and is 48years old. Can he sponsor me? And his name was not filled in family information
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:55am On Sep 29, 2016
brotundes:
Is my uncle and is 48years old. Can he sponsor me? And his name was not filled in family information

Oh. Sorry I thought you were the sponsor. You previously mentioned that you are married and have a job.

Your uncle's documents will have little or no effect on your application. The visa officers will be more concerned about you and how you can prove strong ties.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:58am On Sep 29, 2016
awelekiti:
Your supporting documents were quite detailed and self-explanatory. Congrats. It's really worth the wait! I have a piece of info to share with you, since you said you're a first time canada visa holder. Our technician was almost refused entry last night in canada airport while passing through passport control because he forgot his invitation letter in lagos. The immigration guy said his round trip ticket he presented didn't suffice as he needed to also see his letter of invite. He wanted to contact our manufacturer but the wasn't allowed. The immigration guy was already threatening to send him to an office within, for secondary inspection. He's a first time visitor. Fortunately,he asked the guy if he could show him a soft copy of the invite which he had on his tablet( a downloaded copy) and he said ok. He collected the tablet from him and read the contents of the letter, after which he was admitted. Remember to have your invite handy, whenever you're set to take off. Hope this is informative! Have a safe trip!

Thanks bro! The letter of invite you speak of, is it the same as POE letter? Do you have a sample to upload here? Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 12:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
I think letter of invite is for someone visiting someone over there. I dont believe it is applicable to a tourist.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ayepogan(m): 12:09pm On Sep 29, 2016
I submitted my visitor visa application online in May, 27th to be precise, did my biometrics on the 31st of May. This is now September and still no update, I don't even know who to call for inquiry but can testify the 60 days on their website isn't accurate.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2016
jayfierce:

Thanks bro! The letter of invite you speak of, is it the same as POE letter? Do you have a sample to upload here? Thanks.
Please what do you mean by POE? I only understand it to mean Port Of Entry, lol. Is that what you meant? Well, it's a letter of invitation by a Canadian Company, inviting us for a product training on a 4-D USS. I guessed the Immigration guy wanted to confirm our technician's mission in Ca. I may not be able to upload a copy as requested here on social media for privacy reasons, please bear with me. But if a family/friend invited you for a visit or a company/organisation for a programme you're going for, I think an invitation letter would be necessary. I don't know why the Imm. guy was acting so unfriendly though. What if he's a tourist, must he carry an invitation? This just kept me wondering. I just felt like sharing it with you, just in case.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brotundes: 12:26pm On Sep 29, 2016
Yes am working as a consultant, but fund in my account is not cover the trip. That's why my uncle want to sponsor me to get the visa and if it approval am going to get money before it out because all my clients will be paying money into my acct from middle of october.
And if I may ask how much can some1 hv in d account?.Although I planned to spend 6,500canadian dollars in my form
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 12:33pm On Sep 29, 2016
awelekiti:
Please what do you mean by POE? I only understand it to mean Port Of Entry, lol. Is that what you meant? Well, it's a letter of invitation by a Canadian Company, inviting us for a product training on a 4-D USS. I guessed the Immigration guy wanted to confirm our technician's mission in Ca. I may not be able to upload a copy as requested here on social media for privacy reasons, please bear with me. But if a family/friend invited you for a visit or a company/organisation for a programme you're going for, I think an invitation letter would be necessary. I don't know why the Imm. guy was acting so unfriendly though. What if he's a tourist, must he carry an invitation? This just kept me wondering. I just felt like sharing it with you, just in case.
If he were a tourist, he would not need any invitation but may be asked his hotel booking and some questions about his visit.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 12:36pm On Sep 29, 2016
@brotundes, sponsorship for tourism may not be tenable to these people. They will believe that a person may go on tourism if he has his funds to spend and may also want to think someone being sponsored for tourism may not want to come back home. I stand to be corrected though.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 29, 2016
RedReact:

If he were a tourist, he would not need any invitation but may be asked his hotel booking and some questions about his visit.
I wonder oo. Anyway, it's good everything was sorted eventually.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 12:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
awelekiti:

Oh I see. I guess the officer needed to see the invitation letter since that's the main reason your technician was visiting Canada.

I am going purely as a tourist like I told them, and as a matter of fact, I had canceled my hotel booking Aug 2nd because of the Visa delay which they are probably aware.

Will have a new hotel booking and tour package paid for before I get there, God willing. Will also have it handy at POE.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brotundes: 1:09pm On Sep 29, 2016
Thanks on that so how much can some1 hv in an account for tourism?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 1:14pm On Sep 29, 2016
brotundes:
Yes am working as a consultant, but fund in my account is not cover the trip. That's why my uncle want to sponsor me to get the visa and if it approval am going to get money before it out because all my clients will be paying money into my acct from middle of october.
And if I may ask how much can some1 hv in d account?.Although I planned to spend 6,500canadian dollars in my form

Bro tunde, please wait until your clients pay your money to avoid using your uncle as sponsor. It's a red flag.

As for costs, how long are you staying? Where are you staying? What do you want to do during your stay there?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brotundes: 1:22pm On Sep 29, 2016
Am going on tourism, for sight seen @toronto between 18-29 december. Am staying @ hotel
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brotundes: 1:25pm On Sep 29, 2016
But in my form I filled d cost of my trip including what I will like to buy for my family while coming home. Am spending 11days there
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brotundes: 1:39pm On Sep 29, 2016
6,500 canadian dollars

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (1093) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: donteebalo(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.