Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2307467 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (1094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadeebee78: 9:59pm On Jan 17, 2017
I don't think it should if you provide all the required documents. It's not a one size fit all stuff though. Read through the thread and see do documents that were submitted by different people.

What should be must important to you now In my own opinion is your funds. No thanks to recession, our money isn't all that when converted to foreign currency. All the best.

You can also lost what you want to submit so that other people can help by chipping one or two things.

quote author=gratefularewa post=52887285]Good evening Nairalanders I want to apply for Canadian Visit/Tourism for my cousin's wedding in July. I have a valid USA visa. Please what are the required documents for the visa application and also I was denied a study permit last year based on travel history and the VO was not convinced that I will be coming back to Nigeria after my study I hope this won't affect my visit Visa application. Thank you.[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 12:03am On Jan 18, 2017
jayfierce:
Happy new year sir! Honestly don't know much about that but did a quick search and it appears you can use SAR. You could ask this question in the UK visa thread. Am sure they will help you better.

Ok thanks much sir.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 1:08am On Jan 18, 2017
manlikegb:

Ok thanks much sir.
Uwc sir!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Aktyso: 7:14pm On Jan 18, 2017
misterbd:

Is your US visa stil valid? If yes,say you'd be visiting canada from the US,and you'd spend max 5days.the amount you have is good enough.dont book expensive airlines,qatar is quite affordable.check booking.com for hotels,don't book expensive one.for tour packages ,check viator.com,one or two tour packages is fair enough if you are spending 5days

Please will the booking of flight be from Nigeria to USA and USA to Canada and filling the same in the litenary

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CHERIPH: 8:47am On Jan 19, 2017
Hello house, please I applied for Canada visit visa on 12th January of this month online . Up till now, I am yet to receive biometric email. And I am suppose to travel back to work which will take me 2 months. Please how many weeks does it take for biometric email to be sent
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fcisca: 2:27pm On Jan 19, 2017
CHERIPH:
Hello house, please I applied for Canada visit visa on 12th January of this month online . Up till now, I am yet to receive biometric email. And I am suppose to travel back to work which will take me 2 months. Please how many weeks does it take for biometric email to be sent

I think you should check your GCKey account for a possible message. Sometimes, messages sent to email may bounce back or they may not send an email at all.
All the best!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zambelambe: 11:14pm On Jan 21, 2017
Greetings people in the house Good Afternoon please I need your help I am about submitting my Visitors visa application I want to visit canada for my annual leave this year I have put my travel date for may 5th 2017 and I would liek to spend 7 days.I would like to know how long the application takes to process? I have good travel history I have travelled to Uk. USA ,Southafrica, tanzania,turkey etc.What are the documents i would be needing and how long does it take? Do i need to do medicals? whats home ties would I b needing?I would await your prompt reply.Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zambelambe: 11:50pm On Jan 21, 2017
Please did you apply online or paper?
zeus001:
Hello house. Just confirmed. Application approved. Am still waiting for the embassy to ask me to come for my passport. God is amazing. As promised these are the documents I submitted:

- Invitation letter from my uncle who is a Canadian citizen, stating the reason for the visit and that all expenses will be covered by him and his family. Signed and dated on PDF file. The reason is family reunion. I've not seen my cousins since 2006 and they've been to Nigeria only once so I wanted to use my leave to spend some time with them.
- Employment letter
- 5 months GTB Statement of account of 1.8 million
- Letter of explanation/introduction. In this piece I explained in details my responsibilities and family ties both in Nigeria and Canada, my professional career and why staying beyond the approved time will not be in my interest. I also reiterated that all living expenses, accomodation and feeding during my stay will be handled by my uncle and his family and the funds am bringing with me will be for other sundry and personal expenses. I am single, I do not have any personal landed property, I have never traveled out of Nigeria before. I was honest about all that in the letter of explanation.
- Travel itinerary. I stated specific addresses of places I plan to visit and the dates, the specific addresses of my friends in Canada I plan to visit. I also stated that the plans can be rescheduled just in case I don't get the approval before the stated dates.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zambelambe: 11:51pm On Jan 21, 2017
@jayfierce

Greetings people in the house Good Afternoon please I need your help I am about submitting my Visitors visa application I want to visit canada for my annual leave this year I have put my travel date for may 5th 2017 and I would liek to spend 7 days.I would like to know how long the application takes to process? I have good travel history I have travelled to Uk. USA ,Southafrica, tanzania,turkey etc.What are the documents i would be needing and how long does it take? Do i need to do medicals? whats home ties would I b needing?I would await your prompt reply.Thanks

Paper or online application which is better?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fortissimo502: 12:46am On Jan 22, 2017
Hi guys, like how much should one show in bank statements for a 1week vacation in canada? I'm guessing at least 1.5million.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:23am On Jan 22, 2017
zambelambe:
@jayfierce

Paper or online application which is better?
Current processing times is 116days. Please apply as soon as possible. I recommend the paper route.

Kindly go online and complete the questionnaire: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp
This would generate the required forms for you to complete. For paper application, your answer should be NO when asked if you are going to scan your documents.

You do not need medicals for a short visit. Examples of home ties are: Employment, travel history, assets, family, responsibilities etc. Please read through the pages of this thread to get more insight.

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:39am On Jan 22, 2017
Fortissimo502:
Hi guys, like how much should one show in bank statements for a 1week vacation in canada? I'm guessing at least 1.5million.
Depends on your activities. Have you done a breakdown of what the trip will actually cost you?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Aggy80: 1:50pm On Jan 22, 2017
Good Afternoon,
Please my mum wants to go and visit my younger sister and her kids, she is a student in Canada how does she go about the visa, or can she apply for the visa from the USA she is there.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 12:22pm On Jan 23, 2017
Aggy80:
Good Afternoon,
Please my mum wants to go and visit my younger sister and her kids, she is a student in Canada how does she go about the visa, or can she apply for the visa from the USA she is there.
Thanks
Yes she can apply for her visa from the US.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by careerwoman(f): 8:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
justwise:

You can bite the bullet and submit without their letter and add all your school documents...and see how it pans out since you got no time
So I finally applied against all odds
Application date:20/12/16
Decision made:19/01/17
Refused based on;
1) travel history (hmmm, I stated clearly in my SOP that I had been to Rome for the last edition of the conference and my initial refusal before the schengen visa was approved).
2) personal finance and assets(I also stated that my elder bro will be funding the trip plus the financial aid from the organisers, that is $1100. I submitted his bank statement, company idcard, and letter confirming my claim).
3) purpose of visit (I submitted the conference invitation letter, booked accommodation, letters of support written by the prime minister, governor of quebec, and mayor of montreal downloaded from the conference's website) I also had a detailed travel itinerary of all my activities.
Overall, I don't think the VO's decision was fair enough. I feel like he/she didn't even bother to read through my application. My application processing was also very short and up till now, I can not link my application to my online account (site says no records found even after including the UCI).. I don't think my application was duly processed..
P.S. all my documents were handed back to me except the letters.. Is it the norm?? embarassed

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 9:26pm On Jan 23, 2017
careerwoman:

So I finally applied against all odds
Application date:20/12/16
Decision made:19/01/17
Refused based on;
1) travel history (hmmm, I stated clearly in my SOP that I had been to Rome for the last edition of the conference and my initial refusal before the schengen visa was approved).
2) personal finance and assets(I also stated that my elder bro will be funding the trip plus the financial aid from the organisers, that is $1100. I submitted his bank statement, company idcard, and letter confirming my claim).
3) purpose of visit (I submitted the conference invitation letter, booked accommodation, letters of support written by the prime minister, governor of quebec, and mayor of montreal downloaded from the conference's website) I also had a detailed travel itinerary of all my activities.
Overall, I don't think the VO's decision was fair enough. I feel like he/she didn't even bother to read through my application. My application processing was also very short and up till now, I can not link my application to my online account (site says no records found even after including the UCI).. I don't think my application was duly processed..
P.S. all my documents were handed back to me except the letters.. Is it the norm?? embarassed

Sorry to hear about the refusal, those refusal reasons are generic, if you want to know the full detailed reason for the refusal then order for GCMS , here's the link to order for it http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

That is where you will get an explanation why you were refused
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jukeblam(m): 9:29pm On Jan 23, 2017
careerwoman:

Since the letters were addressed to the embassy, it's theirs & doesn't get returned; same puzzlement I had when I applied.

The processing doesn't seem fair atm due to Nigeria's current economic situation; we all might as well wait to reapply when 1naira=1$ cheesy
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jukeblam(m): 9:31pm On Jan 23, 2017
justwise:

Sorry to hear about the refusal, those refusal reasons are generic, if you want to know the full detailed reason for the refusal then order for GCMS , here's the link to order for it http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

That is where you will get an explanation why you were refused

GCMS notes haven't been so revealing in recent times- based on a few who have ordered & received- myself inclusive.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 9:35pm On Jan 23, 2017
jukeblam:

GCMS notes haven't been so revealing in recent times- based on a few who have ordered & received- myself inclusive.

It gives you enough (reasons) to understand why you were refused.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jukeblam(m): 9:38pm On Jan 23, 2017
justwise:

It gives you enough (reasons) to understand why you were refused.

Not recently though. Same reasons stated were as in the refusal letter- no extra.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 9:44pm On Jan 23, 2017
jukeblam:

Not recently though. Same reasons stated were as in the refusal letter- no extra.

Hope you guys know there are categories in GCMS notes application, and they come back to you in contents that are different depending on the one you applied for, time waited for and the amount paid?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jukeblam(m): 10:41pm On Jan 23, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Hope you guys know there are categories in GCMS notes application, and they come back to you in contents that are different depending on the one you applied for, time waited for and the amount paid?

The $5 one (Standard) is in context here; which ideally should be adequate enough compared to the other categories.

edited
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fcisca: 4:32pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hello my people.
I checked the status of my application and here is what I got (attached).
Now on vas website it says "visa application still being processed at visa office..."
I am confused. @awelekiti @jayfierce, @justwise and other TRV experts please come out to assist your sisto o

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadeebee78: 4:34pm On Jan 24, 2017
Congratularions your visa has been approved. It is stated there clearly . Please share documents provided.

fcisca:
Hello my people.
Now on vas website it says "visa application still being processed at visa office..."
I am confused. @awelekiti @jayfierce, @justwise and other TRV experts please come out to assist your sisto o
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by careerwoman(f): 10:12pm On Jan 24, 2017
fcisca:
Hello my people.
Congratulations!! I wish I had accepted my friend's advice and processed my application at the abuja office. They seem to be more forthcoming. Learnt my lesson; never trying Lagos again except I have a strong link. They just be refusing people anyhow. embarassed
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:36pm On Jan 24, 2017
careerwoman:

Congratulations!! I wish I had accepted my friend's advice and processed my application at the abuja office. They seem to be more forthcoming. Learnt my lesson; never trying Lagos again except I have a strong link. They just be refusing people anyhow. embarassed
Sorry about the refusal. Even if you submitted your application at Abuja VAC, it would still be taken to lagos.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:54pm On Jan 24, 2017
fcisca:
Hello my people.
Lol. Why the confusion? Congrats It's been approved and possibly ready for pick up. Confirm you've had previous canada visas. Also kindly assist with documents submitted. Tanchu.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by careerwoman(f): 11:15pm On Jan 24, 2017
jayfierce:
Sorry about the refusal. Even if you submitted your application at Abuja VAC, it would still be taken to lagos.
Oh Really!! Ok
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fcisca: 8:15am On Jan 25, 2017
jayfierce:
Lol. Why the confusion? Congrats It's been approved and possibly ready for pick up. Confirm you've had previous canada visas. Also kindly assist with documents submitted. Tanchu.

Thank you all for your response. My confusion stems from the message on VFS tracking site that says my "application is still being processed at the Canada visa office...".

Yes, I have had 2 case specific single entry visas -1 in 2010 and another in 2011. In the second case, I paid for multiple entries and they returned the application specifically instructing that I pay for single entry

On documents submitted:

Application submitted via paper route at Abuja VAC on 21 December 2016. Biometric done same day
Application form + Family information form
Invitation letter from the conference organisers though from the USA but venue is University of Toronto
Introduction letter from my office and they made it clear they are NOT sponsoring me. (fear catch me small sha)
Accommodation Booking at the University of Toronto Summer residence
Flight Booking on Egypt Air - I wanted the prize that wouldn't exceed my monthly take home
Banks statements: (a). Salary account and savings account: balance on both a little above 600K (I be civil servant cool cooperative and bank loan effects)
I just returned from a fellowship in the US so I have a 3 digit USD balance on a prepaid card -I also included the statement
I guess I have a good travel history: Two valid US Visas (B1/B2 and J1 classes) on my passports. I also have had UK, France, Brazil, Portugal, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, etc and 2 previous Canadian visas (total of 4 passports) -but I have seen peeps with more stellar history denied.
SOP: I confess I had just 2 paragraphs and I was a little scared after reading about SOPs on this forum -I had submitted before coming to read the threads.
Photocopy of Marriage cert and child's birth cert.
I guess that was it.

Meanwhile had a little 'katakata' with the staff of the VFS VAC over their trying to rip-off an old couple -I no dey 'minded' my business in jenifa's voice and they kinda gave me an "we go show u" treatment...

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iphiechuks: 1:04pm On Jan 25, 2017
Dear fcisca, could it been dat my family application has also been processed? Ours was submitted 20th dec. pls which site did u use to track?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iphiechuks: 1:33pm On Jan 25, 2017
@ficsca, did u make d contact as adviced b4 checking? I just checked and it is showing application still processing bla bla bla, kindly respond

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (1094) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.