Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2323431 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fcisca: 1:46pm On Jan 25, 2017
iphiechuks:
@ficsca, did u make d contact as adviced b4 checking? I just checked and it is showing application still processing bla bla bla, kindly respond

No I didn't make the contact eventually. I created an account on the website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp and linked my paper application to the online account. This was done on 19 January 2017. I suggest you do same as this site seems to have more timely info than the VFS website.

All the very best!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 25, 2017
fcisca:

Thank you all for your response. My confusion stems from the message on VFS tracking site that says my "application is still being processed at the Canada visa office...".

Yes, I have had 2 case specific single entry visas -1 in 2010 and another in 2011. In the second case, I paid for multiple entries and they returned the application specifically instructing that I pay for single entry

On documents submitted:

Application submitted via paper route at Abuja VAC on 21 December 2016. Biometric done same day
Application form + Family information form
Invitation letter from the conference organisers though from the USA but venue is University of Toronto
Introduction letter from my office and they made it clear they are NOT sponsoring me. (fear catch me small sha)
Accommodation Booking at the University of Toronto Summer residence
Flight Booking on Egypt Air - I wanted the prize that wouldn't exceed my monthly take home
Banks statements: (a). Salary account and savings account: balance on both a little above 600K (I be civil servant cool cooperative and bank loan effects)
I just returned from a fellowship in the US so I have a 3 digit USD balance on a prepaid card -I also included the statement
I guess I have a good travel history: Two valid US Visas (B1/B2 and J1 classes) on my passports. I also have had UK, France, Brazil, Portugal, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, etc and 2 previous Canadian visas (total of 4 passports) -but I have seen peeps with more stellar history denied.
SOP: I confess I had just 2 paragraphs and I was a little scared after reading about SOPs on this forum -I had submitted before coming to read the threads.
Photocopy of Marriage cert and child's birth cert.
I guess that was it.

Meanwhile had a little 'katakata' with the staff of the VFS VAC over their trying to rip-off an old couple -I no dey 'minded' my business in jenifa's voice and they kinda gave me an "we go show u" treatment...
Stories are sweet to tell when efforts are crowned with success... grin congratulations!

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by misterbd: 8:59pm On Jan 25, 2017
Aktyso:

Please will the booking of flight be from Nigeria to USA and USA to Canada and filling the same in the litenary

Yes Please.Provided you have US visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 11:26am On Jan 26, 2017
jukeblam:

Since the letters were addressed to the embassy, it's theirs & doesn't get returned; same puzzlement I had when I applied.

The processing doesn't seem fair atm due to Nigeria's current economic situation; we all might as well wait to reapply when 1naira=1$ cheesy
Under Buharinomics

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AbjMotorPalace: 11:15pm On Jan 26, 2017
I'm about applying for the Canadian TRV.

The thing now is my husband is a Canadian citizen but is based in Nigeria.

I don't have a travel history and I want to travel with my son who is 1yr and 3months old.

If I indicate my husband is a Canadian citizen will it reduce my chances of getting a TRV visa?

For those of you who were successfully issued visa, how long did you indicate you will be staying in your application?

Whats the minimum amount I can have in my account for it to be successful?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadeebee78: 8:30pm On Jan 28, 2017
I think you need to indicate in your application details about your family. So somehow I guess his status will come up.

Since your husband is a citizen who probably lives here cos he has a good job and can afford to send his family on holiday, I don't think it should be a problem.

Just ensure you have enough funds to support you and your child.

Fill your forms honestly . Read through the thread and see what people use as supporting documents as well . All the best.

AbjMotorPalace:

I don't have a travel history and I want to travel with my son who is 1yr and 3months old.

If I indicate my husband is a Canadian citizen will it reduce my chances of getting a TRV visa?

For those of you who were successfully issued visa, how long did you indicate you will be staying in your application?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:22pm On Jan 30, 2017
@Rityonyi

I believe you are asking if IRCC communicates with banks concerning your application. The answer is yes they do.

Do you know anyone who got a Canadian Visa with fake bank statements?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 12:08am On Jan 31, 2017
jayfierce:
I believe you are asking if IRCC communicates with banks concerning your application. The answer is yes they do.

Do you know anyone who got a Canadian Visa with fake bank statements?

Leave am first! Thank God say only him say "U.S. Visa" sha (people wey no even dey look bank statement sef oh). #SugarCaneNoBeBamboo

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eneyedan(m): 8:55am On Jan 31, 2017
good morning all has anybody applied for canada visiting visa from US please I will like to make some clarification, thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 10:53am On Jan 31, 2017
@jayfierce

Sorry i have to edit the last post you quoted

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2017
justwise:
@jayfierce

Sorry i have to edit the last post you quoted
No wahala.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bookieB: 4:16pm On Jan 31, 2017
Good afternoon,

Pls i'll like to know duration of visiting visa for a first time applicants to Canada. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:53pm On Jan 31, 2017
bookieB:
Good afternoon,

Pls i'll like to know duration of visiting visa for a first time applicants to Canada. Thanks
It's at the discretion of the Visa officer. It will however not exceed your passport expiry date.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chibertha(f): 5:06pm On Feb 01, 2017
Sorry I just saw this answer is max 3 months
truthsayer007:

Hi chibertha, please do you know how long it takes to get a tourist Visa to Canada from Nigeria ? I need to have a plan, Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 01, 2017
chibertha:
Sorry I just saw this answer is max 3 months

thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bookieB: 9:49pm On Feb 01, 2017
@jayfierce, thanks.

is it advisable then
jayfierce:
It's at the discretion of the Visa officer. It will however not exceed your passport expiry date.

Thanks for your response. I learnt it's usually 2 years min. What do you advise in a situation where you passport expires in less than a year? does it mean your visa will be valid only a few months?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chibertha(f): 7:15am On Feb 02, 2017
Check the website all information need is there but you need little patience and concentration to get them out.

truthsayer007:

thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chibertha(f): 7:21am On Feb 02, 2017
Go to www.cic.gc .ca you will see that your better well well.

AbjMotorPalace:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chibertha(f): 7:26am On Feb 02, 2017
It is at the discretion of the person that will treat your case.
I applied for 2 weeks tourism and was given 8 months TRV but single entry.

bookieB:
Good afternoon,

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chibertha(f): 7:29am On Feb 02, 2017
No you visa will still be valid all you will do is renew your passport and travel with both the old one with visa and New one for immigration stamps.
bookieB:
@jayfierce, thanks.

is it advisable then

Thanks for your response. I learnt it's usually 2 years min. What do you advise in a situation where you passport expires in less than a year? does it mean your visa will be valid only a few months?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chibertha(f): 7:35am On Feb 02, 2017
Safety tips for visa and passport holders;-

Please ensure you scan and make copies of your current passport data page and all valid visa in it before you travel.
All the scanned documents create a folder save in your e-mail
So that if you loose your passport you will still have hard evidence.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:22am On Feb 02, 2017
bookieB:
@jayfierce, thanks.

is it advisable then

Please don't be confused by US and Canada Visa policies

Canada visitors visa can span from a few weeks to a couple of years. The visa will not exceed your passport's date of expiry. Please note that even if your passport is valid for 5 years, the Visa officer can still decide to issue you with a month's visa.

If you have about 6 months or less left on your passport, you can have that passport cancelled and a new one issued before you apply.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by glowithdan(m): 5:29pm On Feb 02, 2017
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:25pm On Feb 02, 2017
glowithdan:

@jayfierce, are you aware if they give opportunity to explain certain information you ticked wrongly, by mistake in your application form?
What kind of information please?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by glowithdan(m): 4:15am On Feb 03, 2017
[quote author=jayfierce post=53367251]What kind of information please?[/quote

Information about a travel history, which they discovered is different from what is on the form
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 2:34pm On Feb 03, 2017
@glowithdan. You are encouraged to ensure that there are no mistakes in your forms before submission. Inaccuracy has denied a good number of people visas.

There's usually not much you can do once you submit your application. However, try contacting them using the case enquiry form or through emails if you so desire. Kindly let us know their response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by glowithdan(m): 4:09pm On Feb 03, 2017
jayfierce:
@glowithdan. You are encouraged to ensure that there are no mistakes in your forms before submission. Inaccuracy has denied a good number of people visas.

There's usually not much you can do once you submit your application. However, try contacting them using the case enquiry form or through emails if you so desire. Kindly let us know their response.

They actually mailed, demanding an explanation for the mistake/aligation

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 4:16pm On Feb 03, 2017
jayfierce:

Please which airport is close to Niagara fall? Am planning a trip in June to canada and i will be staying close to the falls, anyone going that way?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 4:22pm On Feb 03, 2017
glowithdan:

They actually mailed, demanding an explanation for the mistake/aligation
You are dishing the info out in bits and pieces. Kindly explain everything giving more specific details.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: wunmit202, Eriokanmi, biggybanking, williamszooh and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.