Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,183 members, 7,842,433 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Black People And Christmas Gift - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Black People And Christmas Gift (3267 Views)

Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People / Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? / Igbos And Christmas Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by Hauwa1: 10:19pm On Dec 23, 2008
quite familiar. ummmm his chic must have 2 head grin

Justgood, come for a bear hug, come to mama
come to mama bear
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by JustGood(m): 3:29pm On Dec 25, 2008
Hauwa, I am not bitter. she o ti gbo.
Karma loves me too much or me to be bitter. I express my mind without feeling cowed by the presence of women libbers and if that is bitterness to you, go and suck on sugar.

You should not blackmail anyone into giving you gifts. If they don't want to give you, don't give them. When I give, I'm not expecting anything in return or it is no more giving. It is only greed that will make anyone expect something in return when he/she claims to have given.

Perhaps when you start having a proper heart you will know what it means to give. Please spare your your sadness about the futility of your attempt to draw gifts off people who can't be bothered. Merry Christmas.

By the way, I am married with children . . .
And I am planning on taking on the sweet KarmaMod as the 2nd in command of my kitchen and my #2 baby making factory
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by JustGood(m): 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Haba, It is not that difficult to know how he operates. . . I mean it's just two things.

1) If you are a woman and you talk about Naija men in a way he doesn't like, you are bitter, you don't have a man, you will remain single for the rest of your life.

2) If you talk about Nigeria and it doesn't fit his way of thinking, You are a traitor, you like Oyinbo culture and it is better for you to remain there and leave Nigeria to the Nigerian lovers. . . people who think like him are Naija lovers.

What it basically boils down to is. . . it's his way or the Highway. lipsrsealed

Jinxed Sisi, I have kept out of way way in your attempt to ensure that other Nigerian ladies end up like you (unable to settle down with any man). Now shush and go your way. Perhaps you will get a date.

I know that it's either your way in which every woman should do things to break their homes or no way. Begone!
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by KarmaMod(f): 3:33pm On Dec 25, 2008
You are drunk. Oniranu. Kitchen ko. Game Room ni  angry

and why do you keep saying she's blackmailing

Are you implying that you were raised not to show appreciation when you receive things? esp from the same person multiple times

You wouldnt even give a Thank You card?

Are these the kinda people being raised in Naija now?
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by KarmaMod(f): 3:34pm On Dec 25, 2008
Merry Christmas, cheesy now stop lying against omoge and sisijinx. You know very well that what the girls in question have done is WRONG

You're ust playing devil's advocate as usual angry
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by JustGood(m): 3:40pm On Dec 25, 2008
Karma darling,
Let's be objective for goodness sake.
*If you are giving, should you be expecting something in return?
*If you give while expecting a return gift and you dont get a return gift, should you not desist from giving?
*Have you considered the fact that everybody is in a different position in life and some people have different priorities?
*Is it not blackmail when you try to force people into buying you gifts?
*Finally, did those people ask her for any gift?
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by JustGood(m): 3:41pm On Dec 25, 2008
Is thank you not enough appreciation? I can bet that the recipients said thank you.
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by KarmaMod(f): 3:46pm On Dec 25, 2008
Why are you ignoring the fact that they cant even give a Thank You card? It's ONE DOLLAR over here

Stop defending mannerless Nigerians. There's no way someone would buy me stuff multiple times and I dont AT LEAST give them a nice plate of Christmas food since Nigerians are more about food than gifts

Those people are rude and dont deserve anything. It's that simple.

She's better off giving it to charity.
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by JustGood(m): 3:55pm On Dec 25, 2008
You dont know what they are going through and the earlier we stop making silly demands of people, the better for everyone. She should stop buying things as investments expectiong returns.

If she gets no returns, she should invest elsewhere.

Karma, oya come enter house make we go do christmas play wink
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by onyinye2(f): 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2008
@poster

I don't know how many times I have went out with my mother to buy gifts for the workers in my Dad's office and what does he get back you ask?? Lawd have mercy.

Oka each year he buys five gifts. Three out of those five are to Nigerians of different tribes. {Igbo, Yoruba, and Edo} And the other two go to one Philippine and one White.

The by far best gifts definitely comes from the White man. This year he gave my father this beautiful quilt his wife made.

Then comes the Philippine man who always gives cooking utensils which I don't mind. He gave my father a steel wok. Which my mother absolutely loves because it is perfect for fried rice.

Now the Nigerians.  *sigh* *deep breath* You know sometimes these people act as if they can't afford simple Hallmark Card. Sometimes they give my father a mug or something worthless that get stashed in some cabinet.

I'm not saying that you know it is all about the quality but the thought put behind it.
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by Hauwa1: 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2008
Justgood,

old age must be coming. get a near/far sighted glass eh. i gave 2 straight years and not a thank you, nothing from them to others is the point am trying to make. maybe they are broke (and hiding it) or just an habit. it is easy to observe when you have 2 other pple reciporcrating. . .now that's the spirit of christmas man. i am not in need so no room for blackmail kiss why should a whole Omoge Hauwa be in need? when the northern mallams are in control of your country's wealth grin). . .just that it is good to show appreciation which ever way you choice to. why they don't is what i don't know. i'm the one with them, not you mind you. so i know what i am talking about. Merry christmas man.

i have a proper heart maybe you just don't have one yourself. if you do, am sure you would have got the idea where am coming from. i pity those that work with you smiley. in this life, sharing is important. i hope you know.

anyway, relax the gifts are long gone grin grin
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by Hauwa1: 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2008
grin grin grin Onyinye, hahaha abeg tell them. Justgood said we shouldn't mention the habit of his country folks grin

it is some weird habit just as saying thank you is hard for them to do.
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by JJYOU: 5:50pm On Dec 25, 2008
it comes to the small matter of manners. some people just dont have it. someone i know would be a billionaire if paid a £1 for every time they say [i]thank you so much[/i]. never seen a more appreciative person for even the smallest thing.

it is a shame people think being nice is too much to ask for
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by JJYOU: 6:20pm On Dec 25, 2008
Orangutans learn to trade favours [/b]

Orangutans from Sumatra and Borneo are among our closest relatives
Orangutans can help each other get food by trading tokens, scientists have discovered - but only if the help goes in both directions.

Researchers from the University of St Andrews found orangutans could learn the value of tokens and trade them, helping each other win bananas.

An article in Biology Letters, claims it is the first evidence of "calculated reciprocity" in non-human primates.

Gorillas and chimpanzees were much less willing to co-operate, they report.

Two orangutans - Bim and Dok - who live in Leipzig Zoo, Germany, were especially good at helping each other.

Initially, they were given several sets of tokens, and learned the value of the different types. It's not just humans that calculate about giving; orangutans do that too

Valerie Dufour

An animal could exchange one type for bananas for itself, another type could be used to gain bananas for a partner, and a third had no value.

Initially, Dok, the female, was especially good at swapping tokens to get bananas for Bim, the male. Sometimes Bim would point at the tokens to encourage her.

But he was less interested in trading tokens that would win bananas for her.

As she became less willing to help him out, Bim responded by trading more and more, until their efforts were more or less equal.[/i]

"So we have a calculation behind the giving," explained Valerie Dufour who led the research at the Scottish university.

"[i][b]If you don't give me enough, then I don't give you either; but if you give me enough, OK, then I buy your co-operation, and I secure it by giving too."

Many animals exchange goods and services with each other; the grooming of primates is an obvious example.

But the researchers say there has been no experimental evidence before of "calculated reciprocity", where animals adapt their own behaviour in response to how another is helping them.

"It's not just humans that calculate about giving, and it's not just humans who expect to be given something in return when they are co-operative," Dr Dufour told BBC News.

"Orangutans do that too."

However, other apes - chimpanzees, gorillas and bonobos - were less able or willing to play the game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7797776.stm
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by SisiJinx: 12:10am On Dec 26, 2008
Kia look at the way this Just Good man exposed me like this oooh.

The day I came to his house, weeping and throwing myself to the floor because of my inability to settle with one man, I begged. . . . BEGGED him not to tell anybody fa and look what he has done. . . Shi-ing mi si gbangba like so.

Ay! However will I go on now. cry

I should have known men like him who claim to have wives at home yet have no qualms telling another woman online to bend over so he can hit it from behind, can't be trusted with secrets.

Tsk. . . I blame myself sha, mama has always told me I'm too trusting.
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by JJYOU: 12:43am On Dec 26, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Kia look at the way this Just Good man exposed me like this oooh.

The day I came to his house, weeping and throwing myself to the floor because of my inability to settle with one man, I begged. . . . BEGGED him not to tell anybody fa and look what he has done. . . Shi-ing mi si gbangba like so.

Ay! However will I go on now. cry

I should have known men like him who claim to have wives at home yet have no qualms telling another woman online to bend over so he can hit it from behind, can't be trusted with secrets.

Tsk. . . I blame myself sha, mama has always told me I'm too trusting.
dont know about that
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by SisiJinx: 1:22am On Dec 26, 2008
Tee hee hee. grin
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by JustGood(m): 11:46am On Jan 05, 2009
@JJYOU,

perhaps you dont understand what you posted. Its about exchanges in the animal community, not about GIFTS!

@Hauwa, you forgot to mention when any of those people came to you to solicit for gifts. If they dont have the habit of giving and you expect them to give, please dont give them again. Give to those who will give you in return.

If you want to invest with gifts, you have to invest wisely. Please dont INVEST gifts where you wont get a return. Each to his/her own.
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by Hauwa1: 8:54pm On Jan 05, 2009
you forgot to mention when any of those people came to you to solicit  for gifts.

see me see trouble o shocked shocked JUSTBAD o ni fi mi sile ni? menene na yi ma ka? shocked wo, me da hankali fa ka ji ko.
e na cho oku m eh? 

old man mind ya self and ya biz christmas ended long time ago. check the date by the computer you are using, hello it is 5 Jan 2009 you hear me. no take me start 2009 but if na trouble, let me know. haha go and marry and stop being a sissy with persistent hassle please.
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by SisiJinx: 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2009
Hauwa, yaya?
To na gani kina tambay wannan mutum me ya faru da shi?

Oh Hauwa, Hauwa, Hauwa, dan Allah, dege inan zamu fara. . . . Wurin ba shi de hankali ko wurin ba shi de manners ko muyi duka?

Ki fadi, walahi talahi ina son taimaka shi. . . bani da aiki yanzu yanzu Kuma. cheesy

PS
Ya ce yana da mata a gida. . . . Yeah right! Wanne yarinya za ki so wannan? tongue
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by Hauwa1: 10:26pm On Jan 05, 2009
Jinx, yaya yo? walahi talahi Justgood tired me fa. out of no where he came back just to buga turenchi and make further noise abt christmas gifts. i told him i took those gifts back long time ago. the receipt sef i don lost am. Justgood do not want me to rest sake of gift o.

kai!!! some guys are trouble makers ko.
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by Hauwa1: 10:27pm On Jan 05, 2009
kariya!! ba ta da komi a gida lol grin grin mata ko yaro ni grin
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by SisiJinx: 10:39pm On Jan 05, 2009
Yana buga turenchi kaman ba shi da hankali fa. Oh, drats. . . .menene ina ce? Ba shi da hankali.

Manners are manners are manners. . . No if, and or buts about it. This is the first I've heard that you have to invest in it.

Wahali, Just Good mutum yana ba dariya na. . . Dariya. cheesy

Rotflmao! Ni ma na sani. . . Bashi da komi a gida. Ba shi da kere ko bera a gida sef. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by H2O2: 10:44pm On Jan 05, 2009
angry
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by Hauwa1: 10:58pm On Jan 05, 2009
mu sani mana. a ka ne su na bude barki su kama akuya. whatever you say is wrong and they are right. walahi mutum wana wahala ya yowa.
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by Leilah(f): 11:00pm On Jan 05, 2009
This xmas I we bought my husbands niece a xmas gift worth about 40euro. The mother (my husbands brothers wife) did not even send us a card or even say thanks!!!!
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by Hauwa1: 11:08pm On Jan 05, 2009
ha ha Leilah. what is wrong with picking the phone to say thank you for what you gave the daughter? if she sent your kids something fine. but if she did not give your kids anything, why not say thank you to you the sender? we just have to learn to say 'thank you' to pple. yet Justgood here is acting like it is all good to give and no thanks or recipocrate shocked
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by Leilah(f): 11:20pm On Jan 06, 2009
B'cos she doesnt want to spend her phone credits! grin
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by slimfine(f): 8:41pm On Jun 13, 2009
becuase giving gifts is not required! hell, christmas is not even required as well! so why bother?
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by davidif: 9:29am On Jun 18, 2009
ummmm, why is it that black people find it hard to share christmas gift? we have the black awareness org in my schl. i am closed to 5 people in that org all black . I send out christmas gift to 3 nigerians among them and 2 of the AA. i get something too from the AA even when i don't send anything. . . but for the nigerian ones, nothing not even a thank you card. na wa are we that broke?

i think i better keep my money from now on and give it to salvation army

ha ha ha ha ha cheiiiii, poster you too funny. grin grin grin
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by JustGood(m): 8:55am On Jun 19, 2009
People should learn that when they are investing gifts, it should be INVESTED wisely for their desired returns.
Re: Black People And Christmas Gift by Virgo83(m): 3:08pm On Jun 21, 2009
Stop disturbing yourself, you should have asked them (Black Men) to SHAYE FUN E

Black man may know not how to distribute or share Presents but they know exactly where Beers lies. WNO LE GBE E LO SHAYE FUN E

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akpolokpolo Erediauwa - The Great Oba Of Benin - Reportedly Joins His Ancestors? / Happy Fathers Day Pictures And Greeting Cards 2015 / Why Do Calabar People Names Sounds Like Past Tense?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.