Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives (41343 Views)

Man Curses Out Families Who Squander Money Sent Home By Relatives Living Abroad / Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank / My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by eneres: 12:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
hardbody:

Thanks man. Lets go there someday. The only challenge is that my place is addictive. All my friends that visited with me now go on their own without even letting me know. I am however happy that they are happy.
I'm not a man
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by redsun(m): 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2015
Spiritual attack my ass. Even in the land of magic,you are still scared of that poor old and neglected woman in a smoky windowless hut.

Sad,you haven't learnt much. Help your people while you can and if you can't,help yourself.

1 Like

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by Glocal1: 3:24pm On Jan 23, 2015
All I ask for is God's blessing wherever I am, but I still like to travel abroad, I pray God makes a way for me. All u people out der, don't discourage us that want to come o, bc we believe the environment out der rewards hard work n its success- inducing. Or am I in a trance?
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by hardbody: 5:20pm On Jan 23, 2015
eneres:
I'm not a man

I am sorry. It was just force of habit.
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by otiigba1(m): 5:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
Glocal1:
All I ask for is God's blessing wherever I am, but I still like to travel abroad, I pray God makes a way for me. All u people out der, don't discourage us that want to come o, bc we believe the environment out der rewards hard work n its success- inducing. Or am I in a trance?
yes you are right its definitely better out here and as you already asserted work does pay, only it may not be easy in a instance, once you are settled every thing else will fall into place, and oh! i can be very vey very very cold in the winter! grin if you can handle it then you are wellcomed! whenever you are ready grin
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by otiigba1(m): 5:26pm On Jan 23, 2015
Hila12:
Just like Nigeria, money does not grow on the streets of Yankee or Europe. Apart from the few who are well to do over there, many struggle and do all sorts just to survive. Should they come back? Hell No! The comfort and security is a very good incentive to remain there, plus if Nigeria was that good in the first place they wouldn't have travelled. We love our country Nigeria but biko things rough anyhow for naija. Contrary to what people think in Nigeria - the nice pictures, fine roads, beautiful gardens in foreign photos are product of a functioning government/system, most are basic facilities(free) put in place by government and are open to all for use (including beggar). They respect and care for their citizens compared to naija. What folks in Nigeria confuse for riches are the basic amenities and privileges their relatives abroad enjoy which obviously is the standard way of life over there (most times they don't pay for it). So don't always think they are rich, it's a shame in Nigeria only the financially stable can go to the cinema, or go shopping, or eat chicken and chips (that is the least food abroad, no less option). Poverty has ruined Nigeria and has eaten deep into everyone's mind, we now see things from a ridiculous sense of view. On the streets of Yankee you will see rotten meat and cigarette filters not Money!
this person Don open every body living in America and europe yansh! cheesy true talk!
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by hardbody: 5:27pm On Jan 23, 2015
fabiano09:
I wonder the kind of family some pple come from. Reading missmeiya"s posts i wonder hw her family is,no offence but how can one man be training 20 pple?! I'v neva heard of any1 training his extended family jst cuz hes abroad. It sounds strange to me to be honest. My questions are,is it dt dey dont work in nigeria? They all sit down n wait for his checks? Dont dey too travel abroad sometimes? I just dnt get it. I can give my cousins or my siblings money bt not pay tuition or sometin or build a house for an able bodied person. You guys make it sound like they dont work at all in Nigeria. A civil servant in a federal parastatal who is maybe on grade level 14 earns way more dan alot of pple abroad. Or mayb u guys ar talkin of pple dt are extremely poor,i just dnt know. Do you know dt alot of parents send dia children abroad to skul n pay millions of naira every year,so who are those alway begging? I have not seen dem tho,maybe you guys are right,every family is different.

My bruv, ask them ooo. I don't tend to see those beggars around me either. Perhaps some extended families run along some stringent divide, the have's and the have not's.

The Lord is their muscle.

1 Like

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by Junipero: 5:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
This thread reeks of Venom and Mercury.

C'mon guys it's the Internet. No need to antagonize each other.

Let Peace reign.
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by SavageGarden(m): 6:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
joshuaidibia:
TAKEN. bt d oda skeleton guy is ACHMED,a show done by a ventriloquist JEFF DUNHAM.
lovely movie..thanks a lot for the info bro
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 23, 2015
Jennykadry, ur attention is needed here
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by MMotimo: 12:35am On Jan 24, 2015
Glocal1:
All I ask for is God's blessing wherever I am, but I still like to travel abroad, I pray God makes a way for me. All u people out der, don't discourage us that want to come o, bc we believe the environment out der rewards hard work s success- inducing. Or am I in a trance?

Very true and if you cut your coat according to your cloth, your life will be comfortable but if you start to spend big money when you are not earning big money, you are bound to run into trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 24, 2015
Some times we cause the issue for ourselves...
This is a very real case scenario
A babe left nja to go abroad, she went and a very very distant relative took her in,
the first two months she could not get any thing doing the relative was housing and feeding her,
The third month she got a small job that could take her out of the house so she was using that to be able to do her papers.
The 4th month she received salary she sent some 40k to her mother that she is sick sent 10k to her pastor and little to her siblings, held her small change for her bleaching cream and transport.
The 5th month she received salary sent 60K to her mother to buy generator and sent some other money home.
This same girl will not buy even detergent to wash her own clothes in the house talkless of pay bills or feeding.
She was sending money thinking the host didn't know (I wonder how dull she thought her host was)
The 6th month the host couldn't take it anymore then asked her out of the house...
The next thing she said was "You think you could stop me from taking care of my family"
She called her family and condemned her host, no be small insult the host receive from their hands.
After one year abroad her family will expect her to buy them a car or even build house for them, they will call her at the slightest and demand what or what not may..
Later people like this will come and complain that they are into prostitution because of their family demands...
My brothers and sisters ye dey abroad stop complaining, you were not forced at gun point, do the little you can and let your conscience console you even though they expect more..
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by Champele(m): 10:59pm On Jan 27, 2015
Champella:

Choi Broz! Na small remain you for don get the same username with me o. Na wa o! How you dey sha?
haha,my dear i started answering that name since as a teenager.in igbo it means 'young money'.my friends invented it.take care
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by cp2dec1: 1:49pm On Apr 29, 2015
Maybe its my fault...I typically always get gifts for my extended family and my Dad most importantly. I remember my dad bothered me so much for phones and an iPad at one point. After getting him the iPad...his brother (my uncle), who probably saw my dad using his iPad now sends me messages on whatsapp to get him one. Its like most people in Nigeria dont understand how much things cost...they just demand.

The worst experience is a cousin of mine that once asked me to send him 1000 Naira for him to setup a paypal account business thing he wants to do. Is it that bad in Nigeria that you cant find someone in Nigeria to give you 1000 Naira...you want me to spend more money than im sending you to help you out?

Overall...I still try to help those that I can help...But i never hesitate to help those that need guidance to get their own.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Some Sweet USUALS Every Wife Is Supposed To Be Giving To Her Husband! / My Parents Destroyed My Life In Guise Of Love, I'm Now Depressed Daily / A Friend Of Mine Denied His Mother In Front Of His Friends Cause Of Shame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.