Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,160 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? (7075 Views)

'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church / Gays & Lesbians Are Sinners And They Will Go To Hell If... / Nigeria Popular Pastors That May Lead You To Hell If You Follow Their Doctrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by dejiariyo: 11:54am On Mar 31, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

grin grin i trusth you jare

that is truth,how can jesus be God and say you have to go to God thru him,so we have to Go to God thru the same God lol
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by origina9ja(f): 12:39pm On Mar 31, 2009
wat planet are u from
Jesus is God jare
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by dejiariyo: 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2009
origina9ja:

wat planet are u from
Jesus is God jare

how on earth can he be God cos he said so?
then pple who say orunmila is God are right
pple who say Allah is God are also right

must the christians tell us who and who might be God, i believe in God but not all this religion seems to be upright to me especially christianity after what its has done to this world we live in, and the formation of christianity and the way its was forced on pple is so inhumane.
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by origina9ja(f): 1:43pm On Mar 31, 2009
In Romans 1:20, Paul makes it clear that, from what we observe around us, a Creator obviously exists. If someone doesn’t believe this, they are without excuse: “For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.”

The Bible also plainly says in Romans 10:9 that we need to do more than recognize our Creator: “If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.”

So even if a person believes in a Creator and is a creationist, he will be separated from God forever, just as an atheist will, unless he receives the free gift of salvation through Jesus Christ (see John 14:6). Otherwise, that person cannot spend eternity in heaven with the Lord.

From a biblical perspective, it is not good enough for us just to see a person converted from evolutionism to creationism.So, from a biblical perspective, it is not good enough for us just to see a person converted from evolutionism to creationism! God did not fill the universe with His glory just so we could be awed by it. He wanted us to turn to Him, to know Him, to submit our lives to Him, and to enjoy Him forever.

anways sha my bro
Jesus is God okay
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by origina9ja(f): 1:52pm On Mar 31, 2009
God
God never changes.
Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Jesus

Jesus never changes.
Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

God
God is the only Saviour.
"I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour." Isaiah 43:11

To the only wise God our Saviour,  Jude 1:12

God our Saviour. Titus 2:10

we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour. I Timothy 4:10

God my Saviour. Luke 1:47

Jesus
Jesus is the only Saviour.
the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. 1 John 4:14

our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. II Peter 3:18

God and our Saviour Jesus Christ. II Peter 1:1

the Christ, the Saviour of the world. John 4:42

the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour. Titus 1:4

a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11

Neither is there salvation in any other (than Jesus): for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12

God
God created the universe and earth by Himself.
I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself. Isaiah 44:24

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1

Jesus
Jesus Christ created the universe and the earth.
Unto the Son he saith, Thou, LORD, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands. Hebrews 1:10
By him (Jesus) were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, all things were created by him, and for him. Colossians 1:16
All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made. John 1:3

God
God is the Word.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God John 1:1

Jesus

Jesus is the Word.
the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, John 1:14

God
God is the first and the last.
I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he. Isaiah 41:4

Jesus
Jesus is the first and the last.
Jesus said, "Fear not; I am the first and the last:" Revelation 1:17

God
God is our redeemer.
Thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer,  Isaiah 63:16

Jesus
Jesus redeemed us.
The great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ, gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity,  Titus 2:13-14

God
God is Messiah.
unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called,  The mighty God, The everlasting Father,  Isaiah 9:6

Jesus

Jesus is Messiah.
The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he. John 4:25-26
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by huxley(m): 2:00pm On Mar 31, 2009
I think the divorced woman should remain single in order to avoid contaminating other men with the sin of adultery. "Afterall, she has had had children by her first husband". What does she need sex now for. In fact, my advice to her is this - have a clitorectomy and you will be fine. This is what Jesus said:

Luke 16:18
Every one who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery.
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by MrCrackles(m): 6:02pm On Mar 31, 2009
dejiariyo:

that is truth,how can jesus be God and say you have to go to God thru him,so we have to Go to God thru the same God lol

I wonder oo! grin
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by MrCrackles(m): 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2009
May kelly:

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, "I am the WAY, and the TRUTH, and the LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Bullshit, keep kidding yourself!

Brainwashed element!!!

Keep your bible verses to yourself, i respect the book of God but i dont agree with twisted and misinterpreted information

Jesus is not God, point blank!!
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by MrCrackles(m): 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2009
dejiariyo:

A very good point you made,but Jesus did not say that if you dint believe him ,you shall go to hell.

Dont mind them! cheesy
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by origina9ja(f): 1:32pm On Apr 01, 2009
MrCrackles

yo kal me wen u free
sfe, x
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by MrCrackles(m): 8:42pm On Apr 01, 2009
origina9ja:

MrCrackles

yo kal me wen u free
sfe, x

OK!
Safe
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:12pm On Apr 02, 2009
Jesus is GOD my Yanch! angry
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by scripture: 1:44pm On Apr 02, 2009
The only answer to that question is YES. no more no less
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:27pm On Apr 02, 2009
Just imagine! , angry
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Truth11: 9:34am On Apr 06, 2009
Yes, hell is certain for anyone rejecting Jesus.

No Jesus, No peace,
Know Jesus, Know peace!

Blessings,
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Truth11: 9:46am On Apr 06, 2009
MrCrackles:

Bullshit, keep kidding yourself!
Grown up, are you, and is this the way you talk to prove as grown up?

MrCrackles:
Brainwashed element!!!
Is this a grown up talk?

MrCrackles:
Keep your bible verses to yourself, i respect the book of God but i dont agree with twisted and misinterpreted information
What is the meaning of respect for you? read your first two statements, is that respectful?
If you don't follow the message of the book of God, what respect is left for God of the Bible? You are either with God or against him, there is no neutral place which you are suggesting to take. Jesus said:
He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters. Mat 12:30

MrCrackles:
Jesus is not God, point blank!!
Its your choice. I hope you will re-think before time. God has not given up on you eventhough you have given up on him. You have choice till your last breath, but you may not be capable to take a decision then, so make a good choice. Today is the day of salvation.

Blessings,
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by dejiariyo: 10:41am On Apr 06, 2009
okay no jesus no peace, what of places where they dont have christianity or where slavery did not exist, will they go to hell as well even though they have good attitude and service to humanity?

my second question is,if not slavery will africans know anything about christianity or jesus christ?
Truth11:

Yes, hell is certain for anyone rejecting Jesus.

No Jesus, No peace,
Know Jesus, Know peace!

Blessings,

Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Truth11: 11:55am On Apr 06, 2009
dejiariyo:
okay no jesus no peace, what of places where they dont have christianity or where slavery did not exist, will they go to hell as well even though they have good attitude and service to humanity

There are many things about God which are hard to understand by common man. What you call good, is it really good? Osama bombs countries and people. He and his people say it is good, and a good number of people say it is good(Taliban, etc). Is it good? So who concludes what is good. I know of a person who used to smuggle wood from forests of the government, sell them in the market and live and also support some villages surrounding the forests. He had killed several forests guards on duty. Now, people from the village called him saviour and the government called him a dacoit, thief and had a reward for killing him. he was finally killed a few years ago. Was this man good or bad?

Justice is deep and complicated and we should not act God, its very very tough. God is just and does what is right. Tthis scripture should answer your questions.

All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares. Rom 2

20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Rom 1

dejiariyo:
my second question is,if not slavery will africans know anything about christianity or jesus christ?
God has been revealed to all mankind in some form or the other and God has his own way of reaching out to people. He is a just God. Anybody condemned to hell by a God, who doesnt delight even in the death of a wicked but says to the wicked, "repent and live", will provide sufficient reasons and evidence before sending people to hell.

God is loving towards his creation. If you will notice that God's judgement over human beings is delayed to the very end in Revelation. When everything was destroyed, punished and judged, with a very heavy heart God goes to judge the human beings whom he wanted to save. He did everything possible with him to save human beings, even sacrificed his son, Jesus Christ (who is God). You will notice that there is no more judgement after Rev.20:15, that is God delaying to the utmost possible in sending human to hell. So such a God will be just in doing what he does when he sends some people to hell. I believe it will be done in the presence of the whole creation including you and me and it will be just.

Blessings,
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by dejiariyo: 12:16pm On Apr 06, 2009
Truth11:

There are many things about God which are hard to understand by common man. What you call good, is it really good? Osama bombs countries and people. He and his people say it is good, and a good number of people say it is good(Taliban, etc). Is it good? So who concludes what is good. I know of a person who used to smuggle wood from forests of the government, sell them in the market and live and also support some villages surrounding the forests. He had killed several forests guards on duty. Now, people from the village called him saviour and the government called him a dacoit, thief and had a reward for killing him. he was finally killed a few years ago. Was this man good or bad?

Justice is deep and complicated and we should not act God, its very very tough. God is just and does what is right. Tthis scripture should answer your questions.

All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares. Rom 2

20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Rom 1
God has been revealed to all mankind in some form or the other and God has his own way of reaching out to people. He is a just God. Anybody condemned to hell by a God, who doesnt delight even in the death of a wicked but says to the wicked, "repent and live", will provide sufficient reasons and evidence before sending people to hell.

God is loving towards his creation. If you will notice that God's judgement over human beings is delayed to the very end in Revelation. When everything was destroyed, punished and judged, with a very heavy heart God goes to judge the human beings whom he wanted to save. He did everything possible with him to save human beings, even sacrificed his son, Jesus Christ (who is God). You will notice that there is no more judgement after Rev.20:15, that is God delaying to the utmost possible in sending human to hell. So such a God will be just in doing what he does when he sends some people to hell. I believe it will be done in the presence of the whole creation including you and me and it will be just.

Blessings,

so what you saying now is God actually want the black race to suffer slavery and he preodained slavery?
i think the God i serve will never do such a thing,he can get to pple with ease and not by injustice and i know God wants equality and fredoom.
where u get ur thinking from is actually amusing me.

why did you think the pope apologise for what christianity have caused the so called black nations?
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by dejiariyo: 5:46pm On Apr 06, 2009
why has nobody replied my post?
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Truth11: 7:54am On Apr 07, 2009
dejiariyo:

so what you saying now is God actually want the black race to suffer slavery and he preodained slavery?
i think the God i serve will never do such a thing,he can get to pple with ease and not by injustice and i know God wants equality and fredoom.
where u get ur thinking from is actually amusing me.

why did you think the pope apologise for what christianity have caused the so called black nations?
I didnt say anything of what you wrote. You have a mouth and can say anything, but all you say is your own interpretation. I very well know what I want to say and I can say it myself, so please keep away from putting words on my behalf!

There was no talk of black race to suffer slavery in my post, maybe you are obsessed and prejudiced with those thoughts so from the overflow of your heart your mouth speaks.

If you are really looking for freedom from slavery then chose Christ who has offered a greater freedom - that is freedom of soul from death and hell. When you chose Christ, he will also fulfill your desires of freedom of blacks from slavery (though not all blacks are slaves). You can be an example.

What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death! But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Maykelly(f): 9:49am On May 06, 2010
Yes, Hell awaits you If you Don’t Believe In Jesus Christ.

Be Warned
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:12pm On May 14, 2010
[size=13pt]we don't need Jesus. . . .going to HELL is more and far better to accept that jewish guy who was killed for claiming over know. wink[/size]
May kelly:

Yes, Hell awaits you If you Don’t Believe In Jesus Christ.

Be Warned
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Maykelly(f): 4:38pm On May 14, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]we don't need Jesus. . . .going to HELL is more and far better to accept that jewish guy who was killed for claiming over know. wink[/size]

[size=24pt]I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE[/size]
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 14, 2010
May kelly:

Ogaga just told me is in love with u. How true is it?
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:49pm On May 14, 2010
[size=13pt]That's a table sweet heart. . . . . it's like you hate me with passion. smiley[/size]
May kelly:

Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 14, 2010
not that she hates u, but she hates satan that lives in u. She will fall in love if u denounce satan and accept christ
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Maykelly(f): 5:06pm On May 14, 2010
[size=16pt]Abomination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry what has LIGHT with DARKNESS   grin

Wherever LOVE  is not FOUND, Christ is NOT there -  CHRIST IS LOVE [/size] cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 14, 2010
what if he confesses Christ for ur sake can u consider him?

May kelly:

[size=16pt]Abomination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry what has LIGHT with DARKNESS   grin

Wherever LOVE  is not FOUND, Christ is NOT there -  CHRIST IS LOVE [/size] cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:32pm On May 21, 2010
wink wink wink
toba:

what if he confesses Christ for your sake can u consider him?

Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Maykelly(f): 10:06am On May 25, 2010
Be asured that withOUT Lord Jesus - Hell awaits you.

CHRIST THE ONLY WAY OUT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesus Devine Revelation To Samuel Oghenetega ,a 14 Years Old Boy / Angel Descends From Heaven In RCCG Ebute-Metta Lagos / Christians,please Meet Brian Deacon The Man Who Is Regards As Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.