Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? (7080 Views)

'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church / Gays & Lesbians Are Sinners And They Will Go To Hell If... / Nigeria Popular Pastors That May Lead You To Hell If You Follow Their Doctrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Thor(m): 6:14pm On Mar 26, 2009
@vanitty

Very good point, if someone does not believe in a pretend being then why should they believe in a pretend place  grin
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 26, 2009
vanitty:

What i find interesting is the level of commitment unbelievers put into trying to debunk the existence of Jesus
Each to his/her own
Back to topic
If you don't believe in Jesus then why will u believe in hell?

Hit the nail on the head to be honest. I dont see them putting the same zeal into debunking Buddha.
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by vanitty: 6:20pm On Mar 26, 2009
Thor:

@vanitty

Very good point, if someone does not believe in a pretend being then why should they believe in a pretend place  grin

Thor please can you back up your claims that hell is a pretend place. Are you really sure there is no hell?
Please none of that "half a brain" talk. Can you come up with tangible stuff that can back up your claims of no Jesus or hell?
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Thor(m): 6:29pm On Mar 26, 2009
Why don't you prove that he exists? and that hell exists?

I think that the onus should be on the person trying to make us believe invisible beings and pretend places are real, rather than the other way around,  LMAO  grin grin grin grin

That is the typical religious bullshit 'prove that he does not exist' , when you should 'prove that he does',  the rest is meaningless and as most inteligent people are aware, religion is utter nonsence, a dispicable business that divides the worlds people with false hopes and fairy stories  lipsrsealed
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by vanitty: 6:54pm On Mar 26, 2009
@ Thor
Could you learn to converse without being insulting? I don’t see myself as less intelligent just because I happen to believe the existence of Jesus.
I really don't want to write any long essays. I do admit biblical evidence is the best source for information but I will give you a very good book to try and read if you are interested . . . .The evidence of Jesus by R.T France
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 26, 2009
Thor:

Why don't you prove that he exists? and that hell exists?

I think that the onus should be on the person trying to make us believe invisible beings and pretend places are real, rather than the other way around, LMAO grin grin grin grin

That is the typical religious bullshit 'prove that he does not exist' , when you should 'prove that he does', the rest is meaningless and as most inteligent people are aware, religion is utter nonsence, a dispicable business that divides the worlds people with false hopes and fairy stories lipsrsealed

that's the problem, the horribly false assumption that anyone who does not believe in religion is necessarily because he is more intelligent. Isaac Newton and so many highly intelligent nobel laureates were ardent christians. Thor, believe me you are not as intelligent as their smallest toe.

Besides, i have had the opportunity to debate many of these secularists here and most are barely up to scratch when it comes to intelligence.
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Thor(m): 6:59pm On Mar 26, 2009
@Vanitty

That was not directed directly at you. I am sure that the book you mention has grounds, but then again I could tell you that 4000 years ago existed a boy called Tutankhamun, it is true, but he could not fly or turn water into wine.

I am pretty sure that a person called Jesus may have existed, that I am not disputing  lipsrsealed

It is the rest of the fairytale storybook nonsense that goes with the story that makes me laugh and is pretty pathetic lipsrsealed
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by vanitty: 7:04pm On Mar 26, 2009
Thor:

@Vanitty

That was not directed directly at you. I am sure that the book you mention has grounds, but then again I could tell you that 4000 years ago existed a boy called Tutankhamun, it is true, but he could not fly or turn water into wine.

I am pretty sure that a person called Jesus may have existed, that I am not disputing lipsrsealed

It is the rest of the nonsence that goes with the story lipsrsealed

oh alas! we getting somewhere so you do believe Jesus existed. If i may ask what don't you believe?
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Thor(m): 7:07pm On Mar 26, 2009
That he is a Messiah or the son of a God (whichever one out of the hundreds that are worshipped that may be)

I find it absolutely plausible that a guy named Jesus was a cool dude and helped people a couple of thousand years ago. Just don't believe he could walk on water, turn water into wine etc etc etc,
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by vanitty: 7:11pm On Mar 26, 2009
Well if u believe there was a God, that you even went as far as calling a "Messiah" why is it so hard for you to believe that his son could perform miracles?
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Thor(m): 7:15pm On Mar 26, 2009
The problem is that I do not believe that there is a God, no reason to believe at all grin
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by vanitty: 7:26pm On Mar 26, 2009
don't you dare go back on your word, i remember you saying Jesus was the Son of God. How can you say someone is a son of someone you don't believe exists!

Thor:

That he is a Messiah or the son of a God (whichever one out of the hundreds that are worshipped that may be)
I find it absolutely plausible that a guy named Jesus was a cool dude and helped people a couple of thousand years ago. Just don't believe he could walk on water, turn water into wine etc etc etc,

but it is cool, let laugh and forget the whole thing grin grin grin
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by pureminded: 7:28pm On Mar 26, 2009
I believe there is God and Jesus and Im a Good Christian, but is there hell fire and heaven ? if yes then devil should buy more lands for we sinners to arrive when d rapture finally comes (wey dem don dey talk b4 dem born my mama, mama say hin go come and yet, we no see anything , heaven no fall embarassed)and also recruit more soldier's who will flog all of us , becoz i've never seen anyone with my korokoro eye that's going to heaven , we'all are sinners in this generation,Bloody wicked set of people embarassed, Pls think about this! Do you know anyone who is 100% clean and following the 10 Commandment in the bibble which qualifies you to seat in the right hand of the Lord almighty?Hell no , so no long thing, all of us go meet for that side (Hell) wink grin
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Thor(m): 7:29pm On Mar 26, 2009
Vanittywrote:
If i may ask what don't you believe?

Thor wrote:

Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by MrCrackles(m): 7:31pm On Mar 26, 2009
NO!
Jesus is simply a messenger of God, that is what i believe
My lord is superior to Jesus
GOD, the Almighty!!
tongue
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Thor(m): 7:37pm On Mar 26, 2009
And my Lord is even better, and has a faster car and a bigger house than yours. He also has a nice suit and his wife is a real cracker  grin grin
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Maykelly(f): 10:17am On Mar 27, 2009
Woe to you that call JESUS a messenger, For without Him you are worthless.
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by origina9ja(f): 10:34am On Mar 27, 2009
MrCrackles:

NO!
Jesus is simply a messenger of God, that is what i believe
My lord is superior to Jesus
GOD, the Almighty!!
tongue

ahaha
so person like u fit believe

Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by origina9ja(f): 10:34am On Mar 27, 2009
Thor:

The problem is that I do not believe that there is a God, no reason to believe at all grin

joker
you have a long way to go
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by dejiariyo: 1:35pm On Mar 27, 2009
i laugh at some ignorant post on here ,whatever yu believe in will surely happen to you hell or heaven are real and not real.
most of us believe in what we are told and not what we find out ourselves and remember God said make sure yall know me before yu worship me.
there is what we call law of karma.whatever yu sow yu shall surely reap, if yu sow heaven yu shall have it and if yu sow hell yu shall have hell as well.
heaven and hell might not literally means where there will be angels and where there will be some fire burning individuals.just remember id yu do good yu see good and if yu do bad yu surely get bad, which is what they call heaven and hel.

the life we in is a journey or lets call it a process we are not here to die we are here to learn one thing or the other to help us in some journey ahead if life ends here then the main reason God created us all will be to be here and die.but the almighty created us for all to experience a journey in which we shall surely embark after we leave this world, so whatever you do here will surely have a significant effect on what level of journey you will be embarking, and that is why they say its good to be good, so ya ll can have a very good life after this. either heaven or your hell.

most pple u see suffering now or most pple u see in a very comfortable life are enjoying what they might have done in previous life or let call it journey, cos u know God is not a biased God,whatever is happening to you now is by your choice and whatever will happen to you is also by your choice, that is where the word DESTINY comes from, they say things are preordained that is right, cos no matter of church you go or prayer you say, its wont change the law karma, remember its always good to be good, so u can have a better journey.

pls know more about God and try and find more about this life and our purpose of existence, there is more to world than the eyes can meet.

woe to him who know and refuses to pass it on.
wa Mon yazakaru ilauli ali Bambi
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Thor(m): 10:02pm On Mar 27, 2009
Oh yes woe to him that does not believe for he will feel the wrath of god and burn in hell.

But well you are burning remember that god is ever forgiving and loves you , LMAO grin grin grin
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:57pm On Mar 27, 2009
[size=13pt]We need more People in HELL. . . . .  angry[/size]
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by mazaje(m): 11:01pm On Mar 27, 2009
Hit the nail on the head to be honest. I dont see them putting the same zeal into debunking Buddha.

thou stupid hipocrite i have never seen your own post debunking sango or vishnu? why spend uncountable post debunking allah? idoit.

that's the problem, the horribly false assumption that anyone who does not believe in religion is necessarily because he is more intelligent. Isaac Newton and so many highly intelligent nobel laureates were ardent christians. Thor, believe me you are not as intelligent as their smallest toe.

Besides, i have had the opportunity to debate many of these secularists here and most are barely up to scratch when it comes to intelligence.

Issac newton was an ardent christian? shocked shocked shocked grin grin stupid liar. . . .
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:09pm On Mar 27, 2009
grin
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by vanitty: 1:31pm On Mar 28, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

We need more People in HELL angry

What is hell if I may ask?
To me it seems you are a very confused soul.
What is your business in believing a place called “hell” if you have no believe in the person that prophesied it?
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by manmustwac(m): 7:50pm On Mar 28, 2009
You came from dust. So when u die you return to dust. . Nobody knows what was happening a million years ago before they existed. So how can you say what will happen to you when u die and u don't exist anymore? Heaven and Hell only exists in your imagination.
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by MrCrackles(m): 9:05pm On Mar 29, 2009
May kelly:

Woe to you that call JESUS a messenger, For without Him you are worthless.

If you were talking to me indirectly, WOE TO YOUR FAMILY!!

Why should i be worthless when i have God, who is superior and created Jesus?

What i believe is what i believe and a gazillion of you wont be changing my views and opinion!

Idiot
! tongue
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Maykelly(f): 2:59pm On Mar 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

If you were talking to me indirectly, WOE TO YOUR FAMILY!!

What i believe is what i believe and a gazillion of you wont be changing my views and opinion!

Idiot
! tongue

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, "I am the WAY, and the TRUTH, and the LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by dejiariyo: 5:38pm On Mar 30, 2009
May kelly:

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, "I am the WAY, and the TRUTH, and the LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through me.

A very good point you made,but Jesus did not say that if you dint believe him ,you shall go to hell.
and whats Christians like you are failing to understand is,Jesus was not saying if you not a Christian cos there was no Christianity when Jesus was alive.
Christianity used to be a cult group in Israel before the missionaries were forcing everyone to be a Christian.
what i think Jesus was saying there is u shud follow his ways of life.now let me ask you how many Christians follow Jesus way of life
most of yu are buying jet in the name of christianity,the Jesus i know will never do that.
most of yu so called christians are holding malice
most of yu will never turn you left cheeck if yu slapped in the right e.g isreal bombing innocent kids in gaza and that is where christianity comes from.
i believe in Jesus and all what he stands for which is justice to all.but christian practise inequalities,injustice e.g the scientist hanged to death in poland cos he proved there were other planets apart from the earth.
christianity came to africa because of slavery,so all the other africans who have died before slavery came will all go to hell cos they did not believe in Jesus?common sense
i think we shud take it easy with this Jesus thing,we africans are taking it to far from what its meant to be.i believe in Jesus and was a christian untill i did my research about the origin of christianity.the only thing that will guarantee your heaven or hell is service to humanity, that is why u might find pple like wole syonika,fela kuti and many more who dont believe in christianity but they offer thier life to humanity,we have pple like obasanjo and many more who are called christians and believe in Jesus but attitude is pathetic.

my last question is there are so many places in the world where christianity does not exist and they have thier own way of worshipping God and due to lack of slavery they dont know christianity will they all go to hell as well?

when the missionairies came to africa with the bible we had the land and they had thier bible and they said close your eyes and lets pray When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.” Bishop Desmond Tutu
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:43am On Mar 31, 2009
grin grin i trusth you jare
MrCrackles:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]If you were talking to me indirectly, WOE TO YOUR FAMILY!!

Idiot
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by bawomolo(m): 3:52am On Mar 31, 2009
The problem with dualism is the zero-sum theory. For every right, there has to be a wrong. For every man, there has to be a woman (i guess hermaphrodites cease to exist). Even if heaven exists, why does there have to be an hell. Why can't a middle ground exist.

Hell doesn't exist, it's just created to scare people.

why exactly would God be medium to "itself". We have to go through God to get to God? How do you guys make sense of these absurd thinds.
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by bawomolo(m): 3:55am On Mar 31, 2009

Umm maybe because was a mortal monk who founded Buddhism in his quest for the "truth". Buddhism as founded by Buddha has no Gods but man preparing himself for the next journey past earth to meet his/her ancestors. Buddha hasn't being deified unlike Jesus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses....why Were They Not Canonized Into The Bible? / Please help i'm Going Crazy!! / Bishop David Benenoch Has Divorced His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.